Kick-off
Mon, 20 October 2014 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 49 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

)_(

Okay.. why don't we just bring back SAF and we'll transform his body into an android form or something that way he can manage us forever? I'd say go for it! I'll set up the kickstarter!

BenRobbins

It wasn't good enough points wise, but it was refreshing to see us battle right to the very end throwing everything at it including the kitchen sink like we used to.

And Fair fecking play to Fellaini, changed the game and what a goal. Well in Marouane.

Dylan94

Di Maria was fantastic again. Falcao was great when he came on. Apart from that, everyone else was pretty sh*t.

hbgreg

Shame Falcao couldn't really link up with Di Maria this game, he would of been in with a header on a few of those crosses.

Schweinsteigeradi

We are man united for Christ sake! How can we be happy with that? And our defense? Rafael and Jones are quite simple average to good, we need more quality there. The defence can't be good 89 mins of a game and have to feck ups and get away with it. So I don't think they were good to be honest.
    Rafael has been our best defender this season to be honest. He is a flying wingback who is perfect down the right hand side. He needs a better CB covering.

footballgirl07

Why is there such huge gaps between our full backs and center halves? The defence has to be closer together and stop letting the opposition in between them.

Anustart89

That was appalling. Just chucking the ball in the box like some championship team. Is that what the managers is telling them? Is that the philosophy?
    Do you expect us to tiki-taka our way through and cut through balls in behind a defence that is literally two yards away from their goalkeeper?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    Still not good enough. I expect us to be better than Liverpool over the whole season and therefore just get the 4th spot, but that's not saying much.

LvG needs to get the balance right, it's mostly his team, he bought players and got rid of players, no excuses really if we don't improve.

revel911

We are man united for Christ sake! How can we be happy with that? And our defense? Rafael and Jones are quite simple average to good, we need more quality there. The defence can't be good 89 mins of a game and have to feck ups and get away with it. So I don't think they were good to be honest.
    You do know Rafael has MotM the last 2-3 games and that this is Jones first game playing with this defense and back from injury.

I am not saying let's be happy, I am just saying this isn't "the end is near" dire.

shivab

Jones made a mistake for the 2nd goal...should never have left his position..it was rafaels job to press sessegnon. jones should have stayed where he was.

Mata needs to be sold in the summer for someone who would fit our team. he always plays the safe pass. he has no balls. needs to be sold

Januzaj needs more game time. people are bashing him for being poor tonight which he was. But its his first real game after the MK dons game. He needs more time.

We went off the boil when Di Maria got injured. we cant be reliant on one player and over reliant on crossing the ball.. we need to be more innovative.

Pyro19

Hope this pipes down the Januzaj wankfest. Was absolutely woeful tonight in making an impact. Had a big chance too.Needs to be used like any 19 year old academy product and currently isn't a patch on sterling.

I never thought I would say this but Rooney would have been perfect for games like this over Mata and Januzaj.

Blind is Quality:drool:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    We just have to accept that being a force once again is going to take time. We are making stupid mistakes and are not clinical enough but we're definitely moving in the right direction.
    Agree. It's funny, but even though we lost points today I still enjoyed watching - last season I didn't even bother so pretty sure we're moving in the right direction.

SqueakyWeasel

The only silver lining is that hopefully we cut out the silly mistakes when the big matches come around. Concentration should be up and hey..maybe we play better against the big teams this year? Who the feck knows.
    If you can be bothered to track back a few pages you'll see I made this same point myself. I think LvG's underestimating the Premier League. He's still comparing it to the Budesliga and it's so much stronger (from top to bottom) there are no easy games but hopefully he'll have a plan for the big boys!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    I didn't think we were that bad. For me the issue is the wrong players are getting on the end of the best opportunities. Fair play to Blind and Fellaini, but they shouldn't be the ones with the best opportunities.

The defence is a massive issue though. The only consolation is that Jones and Rojo played together for the first time, but both goals had arguable errors from both the centre back and full back from that side of the pitch which is my issue. It was a young back line but they have to really get it right sooner rather than later otherwise we'll be talking about more missed opportunities.

I don't see how van Persie starts against Chelsea now if we go with the 4-3-3. I don't think he's finished but I am concerned about his performances. Herrera was disappointing but the bloke shouldn't have been playing in all honesty. I think we all agree Mata shouldn't be that deep. He played the right pass more often than not but he needs to be further forward. Januzaj was quite poor but give the lad a break, first start under LVG?

On a final note, it was pointless having Di Maria whipping in those balls without Falcao on the pitch. He played in some absolutely magical crosses but we didn't have a proper box player to hunt them down.

LVG has work to do and luckily, I think he knows it.

James_42

Give me Smalling over Jones any day, with that said both are known to make defensive errors so we're fecked either way.

Erebus

Some people really need to realise that sorting out our problems is going to take more than a few months. We are a work in progress, and whilst the result is disappointing there are signs that things are better than last year. It needs time guys - a bit of patience is all.

SalfordRed1960

Burnley, Sunderland and now West Brom. All draws. You must beat these teams if you have any chance of a top four place.
    All have something in common. They fight like F**k.

We did not play as bad as people suggest. It is just expectations. You expect to win, so when you don't it equates to shi*e.

Hopefully, the Adnan love boys will now realise he has some way to go.

MrJames

Missed Rooney massively, Juan isn't taking his chance without him and RVP is doing a Valencia from last year (playing crap but seemingly undropable).

RedorDead21

What I still cant understand is teams look like scoring against with every attack and our great attackers really have to earn their goals!

izec

Comical defending really. Two schoolboy errors where we conceded and that was the difference. Good to see us show a lot of fight in the end but I suppose that's the difference between being title contenders and pretenders. We should have won this match but only got a point.

Jones and Rojo did well as individuals but clearly the second goal was a culmination of them two not even remotely being a partnership yet.

Very disappointed in Mata and RVP. Both have been subpar despite our need for them to step up as senior players. When will RVP actually get dropped? I suppose probably not for the next match against chelski but when Rooney comes back?
    no when Rooney comes back, Mata will be dropped. Januzaj too

Thiim

Just shocking how Rafael can turn off like that (again). He has the whole defensive line in front of him yet can't see the impending danger right in front of him. It took LvG way, way too long to make the inevitable substitution of Falcao for Mata. We clearly improved after Falacao came on since Mata wasn't able to do what he does best thanks to our lack of movement up front. Defensively, I actually think both Jones and Rojo (especially) played very well, but the same can't be said of the full-backs. It is so frustrating having full-backs getting into really good positions offensively only for them to not be able to pick out a relatively simple pass into the box.

Should have won the game if it wasn't for that shocking mistake by Rafael.

_DK

Rafael has been our best defender this season to be honest. He is a flying wingback who is perfect down the right hand side. He needs a better CB covering.
    Yeah but he was the cause of WB goal. Aside he was doing well.

hirotan69er

Don't know where does "we should have dominated" comment or coming near to that thought come from...but anyhow,

Hats off to WBA, they were very organized and kept their pacing for the most part of the game. It does seems like whoever we play against can keep their own pace and try not to keep up with us either win or at least bring 1pt back with them. We really gotta find a way not to look like we're deeply relying on ADM.

As for our own players I want to point out the following....

Mata: As I've always said...you gotta run more and stop playing it safe.
    Januzaj: Had few good moments in early 2nd half, but what happened rest of the match?
    Falcao: Um...better luck next game?
    Shaw: Thank you for giving up passes very frequently you scared the feck out of me.
    Young: You'll be always you.
    Fellaini: You just went up a notch my friend, you're at notch one. Good goal, frequently made appearances here and there. I hope to see more of that from you.

devips

Is there a new rule that says handball in the box against United will not be given? There have been too many of them this year.

Dazzmondo

That was awful. Awful. Adnan should go on loan, I won't be comfortable seeing him in the team this season after that performance. Di Maria, Rafael, Fellaini and Falcao were the stand-outs, Blind okay. That just looked the exact same as Moyes last season, wallop the ball into to the box and hope for the best. Dreadful. I thought we were improving after our last few games and then that happens. We probably just about deserved to win based on possession, but honestly, I can't even say that. We went backwards today imo. Can't see us getting anything in our next 2 games after that, I don't even know who's going to play in the next game after that.

C3Pique

If I have to hear another dross Championship standard team saying that they are disappointed with a draw against us I'm going to riot.

chillinho

wtf was lescott doing at the end with the corner he was not just holding fellaini but really dragged him down he couldn't jump for the ball for me clear foul.

Fooza

I don't expect this result to affect the Chelsea game. We should raise our game on the day. Not worried.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
    Excited to watch my favs every week. Surely this is the game we show a compact, disciplined formation. Surely this time we just destroy the opposition. Play flowing football with lethal executions. 0-3, simples. Nah, we get this. Wont let this game stop me from getting excited about the Chelsea game. Its just, hard. Cmon Van Gaal, i know your the man to make it happen.

Ps. Dawson in post match interview. Lick a squirells vag you wrestlereared fecker. Carragher, feck you, you annoying smug rumpsteak.

detinUnaM

Poor performance from RVP and Januzaj. Two of their goals came when our defenders stepped up into midfield. Shaw did that and didn't win the ball for the first one and Jones did that for the second goal causing Rafael to play Berahino onside. This needs to be sorted out and it can be. RVP's form on the other hand is costing the team a player up front.

MrJames

Bit ironic G nev talking about exciting patterns in attacking play. Has he watched England recently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Daley Blind image Daley Blind 45% of 674 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 432 ratings.

Score Predictions