What are Schneiderlin's greatest attributes?

vidic blood & sand

I just do not know what this guy brings to the football pitch. So I found his FIFA 17 attributes, and I'm wondering if EA are being a little generous here.

He rarely shoots, never scores, can't tackle, not much of a passer, not much pace, never crosses the ball.
What does he do well?

Kostur

海尔的老板
I just do not know what this guy brings to the football pitch. So I found his FIFA 17 attributes, and I'm wondering if EA are being a little generous here.

He rarely shoots, never scores, can't tackle, not much of a passer, not much pace, never crosses the ball.
What does he do well?
That's not true though, when he was at his best and when we bought him he had the biggest amount of successful tackles in the league.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shouldn't be using FIFA 17 ratings at all haha. They'd have you believe Payet is a better passer than Messi.

But Schneiderlin is just bang average in everything for me. Should be sold asap.

vidic blood & sand

That's not true though, when he was at his best and when we bought him he had the biggest amount of successful tackles in the league.
Ok so he's got an 81 for physical, which would suggest they are thinking of his Southampton days.

MAME DIOUF 32

I see little effort from him. It's like he mentally changed as soon as he signed the big United contract.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Morgan Schneiderlin Characteristics
+ Strengths
Passing
Strong
Tackling
Strong
Ball interception
Strong
Concentration
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Morgan Schneiderlin's Style of Play
  • Likes to tackle
  • Commits fouls often
© WhoScored.com

His mum must run whoScored.com

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He has a big engine and is pretty good as a tackler and interceptor. But his passing and understanding of the tactics of buildup play is subpar and he doesn't have elite-level tactical/positional awareness (like a Kante type).

His two best roles are going to be as a B2B player for a lower or mid-table team that plays without the ball a lot (ie, his role at Southampton) or as a DM that is paired with another CM that is really good on the ball and can be the passing fulcrum for a more possession oriented attacking team. Its not going to work in the long run playing him alongside Fellaini or Herrera or in a three with Pogba and one of those two other guys. You need to play him alongside somebody like Carrick or Schweinsteiger. LVG saw this pretty quickly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Talent wise, he has a decent touch, should be good defensively, good at closing down and pressing people, a good tackler, and when on top of his game, has a good pass on him and can spread play nicely. Good energy too.

We never see that though as he doesn't have the mentality to succeed at a big club like United and just goes hiding in every game and plays it simple every time instead of trying to do something with the ball, and then defensively doesn't exactly know how to play as a holding mid properly.

vidic blood & sand

Talent wise, he has a decent touch, should be good defensively, good at closing down and pressing people, a good tackler, and when on top of his game, has a good pass on him and can spread play nicely. Good energy too.

We never see that though as he doesn't have the mentality to succeed at a big club like United and just goes hiding in every game and plays it simple every time instead of trying to do something with the ball, and then defensively doesn't exactly know how to play as a holding mid properly.
This doesn't make sense to me. What if his missus saw great things in him, but never saw it when she married him?

acnumber9

This shouldn't be a long thread. He's pointless. If we wanted a defender in midfield we could play Blind. He can actually pass a ball.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
His greatest attribute was his time at Southampton. He was excellent there, full of energy, tackling anything that moved. Us arsenal and spurs were all in for him.

He just hasn't been able to replicate that at united. Maybe it's a different style of play, maybe because he hasn't he had a consistent run in the side, maybe the club is too big for him. Don't know.

vidic blood & sand

This shouldn't be a long thread. He's pointless. If we wanted a defender in midfield we could play Blind. He can actually pass a ball.
I can't remember us signing too many players where we were all so excited, and ended up watching 90 mins of nothing every game.

goin4glory

Morgan Schneiderlin Characteristics
+ Strengths
Passing
Strong
Tackling
Strong
Ball interception
Strong
Concentration
Strong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Morgan Schneiderlin's Style of Play
  • Likes to tackle
  • Commits fouls often
© WhoScored.com

His mum must run whoScored.com
He was first in the league for tackles and interceptions while at Southampton. He's a DM but yet some posters seem to have convinced themselves he's a box to box CM without questioning their own limited knowledge from the 2 games a season they watched him play.

goin4glory

You should quit watching football.

I can't remember us signing too many players where we were all so excited, and ended up watching 90 mins of nothing every game.
People were excited because we were signing one of the best DM's in the league then get upset when he doesn't play like Yaya. He was very good tonight at breaking up attackswinning the ball back quickly and stopping their direct play. It's not his fault Rojo is a disaster Mata was anonymous and Pogba/Herrera rarely offered any support to Rashford. We looked very solid defensively and he was a large part of that.

vidic blood & sand

He was first in the league for tackles and interceptions while at Southampton. He's a DM but yet some posters seem to have convinced themselves he's a box to box CM without questioning their own limited knowledge from the 2 games a season they watched him play.
I think most understand that he's a defensive midfielder, and most of us were excited when we got him and Schweinsteiger in. Last season I kept watching him wandering around with all the action taking place around him.

acnumber9

You should quit watching football.

People were excited because we were signing one of the best DM's in the league then get upset when he doesn't play like Yaya. He was very good tonight at breaking up attackswinning the ball back quickly and stopping their direct play. It's not his fault Rojo is a disaster Mata was anonymous and Pogba/Herrera rarely offered any support to Rashford. We looked very solid defensively and he was a large part of that.
I'd consider it if I had to watch Schneiderlin every week. Luckily that's incredibly unlikely. Unfortunately I have higher expectations than a shit centre back in midfield.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Some were calling him a box-to-box midfielder before he even joined us proving it's unfair to generalise like that.

vidic blood & sand

Anyone remember how Neil Webb fizzled out?

And he offered a lot more than Schneiderlin does now. He really was a decent passer of the ball.

rotherham_red

I think this thread is incredibly harsh. I thought he was probably the only player who could reliably win the ball back for us in midfield. He also pressed very well and seemed like the only one of our midfielders who had a clue what he was doing off the ball.

What messed us up was the shoehorning of a 10 in to a 4-2-3-1, when every other player in midfield and attack suited a 4-3-3. Jose needs to let the double pivot go because if he continues with it I can only see it getting worse for us this season and these sort of displays will be the norm, as they were last year. I thought us playing it was because of Rooney, but today has proven otherwise. Jose is meant to be the pragmatic manager, but his blind insistence on this is just making me increasingly concerned for our prospects this season. There was literally no reason to play that formation other than to get Mata on the pitch. He needs to bin it and if the second half of the Derby didn't open his eyes to it, then nothing will IMO

RedFish

He hasn't replicated the form he showed at Southampton, which made me ecstatic when we signed him, but I'm prepared to give him this season before giving up on him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Be careful what you say. Anyone who questions Schneiderlin's ability doesn't have a clue about football apparently. I've called him out from day one. Never wanted him and never rated him and always get a lot of stick for it but I don't care. He should have stayed at Southampton seeing as that was when he played his best football. I actually think the move to Everton would have been good for him. But he is nowhere near United standard. That also applies to a few other United players not just him.

Litch

Good player....who's had zero chance or a run of games to prove his ability. Even when he played well last season, was dropped the following game.

vidic blood & sand

Be careful what you say. Anyone who questions Schneiderlin's ability doesn't have a clue about football apparently. I've called him out from day one. Never wanted him and never rated him and always get a lot of stick for it but I don't care. He should have stayed at Southampton seeing as that was when he played his best football. I actually think the move to Everton would have been good for him. But he is nowhere near United standard. That also applies to a few other United players not just him.

Yeah I'm not impressed with him at United so far. For me there's got to be much more to a player's game than simply pressing/closing down and movement off the ball. At our level, DMs have to build from the back with quality passing, and support the attack with a level of technical ability.

AndyJ1985

I see little effort from him. It's like he mentally changed as soon as he signed the big United contract.
Every player seems to change as soon as we sign them. We've spent hundreds of millions and most of our players look average half the time. No idea what is going on.