Music What are we listening to?

Erics_Collar

New blink182 album has leaked. I'm a huge fan, and the opening song Anthem Part 3 is an absolute banger. Instantly one of their very best songs IMO. Even if you haven't been impressed with some of the singles from the album that have been released, this is very much a classic blink song and wouldn't be out of place on one of their heyday albums. But I also really like the new album.

nimic

something nice
Scout
New blink182 album has leaked. I'm a huge fan, and the opening song Anthem Part 3 is an absolute banger. Instantly one of their very best songs IMO. Even if you haven't been impressed with some of the singles from the album that have been released, this is very much a classic blink song and wouldn't be out of place on one of their heyday albums. But I also really like the new album.
I genuinely didn't know they were still around. I don't think I've listened to them since ca. 2006.

I do still listen to whatever new stuff Sum 41 puts out though, so maybe I shouldn't have assumed they weren't around as well.

Pickle85

Anyone listened to the new Rolling a Stones album? Best in ages I reckon and well work a listen. Obviously not going to challenge the Sticky/Exile/etc canon ( few albums can) but a good, old fashioned bluesy rock n roll record. They sound like they're having fun making it and it's fun to hear Mick going a little more snarly punk on the odd track. Some tracks feel a little formulaic/forgettable but on balance it's a goodie for me.

WPMUFC

From Thrash to synthy goodness...I am back once again to promote the Australian Wizards of Lizards.

Pickle85

The Streets' new album is pretty good...nostalgic but also sounds pretty fresh. Worth a spin

Chipper

Adulterer.
My dad passed away on October 18th and it's his funeral tomorrow. In the past week or so I've discovered this song, the lyrics are hitting me so hard. Sometimes they give me comfort, sometimes they make me tear up.

This particular version of the song and the video makes me think of my mum. I've got to be there for her as much as I can despite struggling myself. They were married for 51 years and she's finding things so tough.

This has great meaning to me right now.

My dad's light will always shine on.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
My dad passed away on October 18th and it's his funeral tomorrow. In the past week or so I've discovered this song, the lyrics are hitting me so hard. Sometimes they give me comfort, sometimes they make me tear up.

This particular version of the song and the video makes me think of my mum. I've got to be there for her as much as I can despite struggling myself. They were married for 51 years and she's finding things so tough.

Hope the funeral went ok and that you and your mum are as ok as you can be.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hope the funeral went ok and that you and your mum are as ok as you can be.
Thanks mate, it was a hard day but that's to be expected. Did take some comfort from it all I suppose but not much. Got through it and that's the main thing.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Sorry for your loss mate. Nice tune

Abizzz

These four gonna be proper stars if they keep going like this(especially 4th, Eric Jamal):

This nice too:

Superunknown

Mindblowing how anyone who's working in music doesn't know that song! Putting that aside, I loved his interpretation. The chorus is the most interesting bit - it's more upbeat and borderline pop with the feel of it. I quite like it. I do like how he's sorta doing what Dave does with the very specific fills (like Dave's part in the chorus/intro) and the snare roll leading up to the chorus. What he played in the guitar solo was pretty close. The biggest deviation is the chorus, by far.

I've enjoyed this series of videos. Always interesting to hear people's take on things. Quite a good exercise for any musician really.