What are you like as a player?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Myself, I see myself as a bit of a poor man's young Iniesta (when he was just as likely to be playing in deep midfield) with the mobility of Lucas leiva, who does his best work from right wingback.

I'm always up for picking the right pass pass to set up my team mates in space, combine well and offering myself as an outlet, and always have a reliable dribble up my sleeve to get away from a single marker.

I get stressed with the hustle and bustle of midfield though and lose my mojo in and around the penalty area, so prefer the right wingback position. A bit like TAA, except my crossing and long passing is shite and I'm more about clever short passing and a quick dribble.

What are you like as a player?

mancan92

Ball playing CB I’m my younger years I played a lot of wing back aswell but now I prefer to just sit at CB . I’m quite tall 6ft 4 but struggle with long balls the flight always throws me off but can be dangerous from a set piece attacking wise.

Sanchez7

Poor man's Ali Dia. They only let me play because I am a good cricketer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm pretty quick and have good stamina, so i'm pretty good at defending 1 vs. 1 situations. (hence why I'm a Right Back)

Passing and touch are decent enough, shooting is shocking though. Oh and I have no left foot.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Like Rivaldo but at left back.

TheReligion

Abusive
Athletic right footed left back who likes to get forward and can be thrown on as an emergency striker should the need arise.

Used to be the above when I played Sunday League and also took set pieces. Decent free kick and corner taker. Main weakness was discipline.

Roosney

I try to be a play-maker but usually end up to playing it safe backwards or sideways.

troylocker

I was a striker, #9, 6'3'' and decent with the ball in my feet. Good finisher and a cannon of a left foot, decent in the hold up play and the target for all air duels up the pitch. Never played at a professional level and not the fastest and known as one of those players that could be fantastic in one match and total crap in the next. Still play now at 44, at the lowest league level though and still have a lot of fun on the pitch, but I have to admit I'm far below my peak….

Tostao_80

The defensive nous of Makelele and the faint touch of Redondo. Prone to the odd fall like Busquets though.
I coulda made it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I was quite good technically, a good sprinter but smoking and drinking killed the stamina I once had. I did have a brief stint as a striker when 3 of ours were injured, I learned the hard way I couldn't win a header to save my life.

norm87cro

No nonsense futsal keeper with limited technical ability in the lowest Split sunday football league.

Utdstar01

I played most positions tbh. Centre back, full back. Played a lot in midfield and on the wing, even up front. If I had to compare myself I'd say I similar to Lee O'connor. If I was playing in midfield or on the wing i could shoot with both feet so could cut in or take them on the outside so I scored a fair few goals when playing further up the pitch and I was quite good in finding space and making runs as a front man.

Played to a reasonable level as a CB comfortable on the ball and quick. Now the pace is going i like defensive mid where i can tackle, move the ball around and take it forward. I get exposed at the back against anyone half decent these days.

In lower leagues with friends i often played striker as anyone remotely competent could be lethal there.

arnie_ni

Played up front. I was small but very quick and had great movement in the box. Always got on the end of crosses and through balls. Its why rashford annoys me so much. If he had great movement in the box he could be world class when combined with hisnother attributes and he used to have it when he came onto the scene.

Was an absolute dick as well, was always getting carded, a bit like rooney.

Finished top scorer every year until i gave it up. Hated 1 on 1s though. To much time to think

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'm a utility player. I will play every position on the field other than central midfield (I have a horrible first touch). My strength is my crossing and set piece ability. I score 99.99999% of my goals from free kicks and penalties but get a lot of assists from the wing...

Rinnegan240

Great at putting in balls through defensive lines. Decent first touch. Shite acceleration and the only time I get correct headers are when I'm making a HTTP request.

A Btec Busquets basically.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
In my head, I’m a combination of all of the best bits of Zidane, Keane & even Robben.

In reality, I’m a very poor man’s Steven Gerrard. Jack of all trades type. Hell, maybe a poor man’s John O’Shea. :lol:

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I was a right back at school. Never really got forward much but loved a crunching tackle. I would always make sure the winger never got passed me. Would always show him down the wing and at the last minute make the sliding tackle. However I always had good ball control and when I got to Uni I found my self as the 2nd choice striker for the first team. Knew where the goal was and scored some important goals for our uni. I was up against James Crown who’s father played for Southend. This guy would score a Hattrick every game so my time was limited. The good old days. Now I have a belly.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Tactical player who's not the most gifted, poor man's Pedro.

Which is probably the worst type of player to be at pub league level because hardly anyone has the intellegence to spot your runs, I probably get someone clocking me about one time in 20 let alone actually picking me out, it's infuriating.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am like Messi, when he doesn't have ball on his feet, and barely walking around the pitch.

I also have Ronaldo defensive-mind, Lukaku first touch, Rashford football brain, Lingard attacking ability, De Gea passing/distribution, Valencia crossing, Lindelof jumping/heading, Pogba attitude, Neymar play-acting skills and Phil Jones scoring ability. So I have abit of both.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Quarterback-style. Good passer and a good shot. Not the most technical player

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I haven't played football for five years, and I haven't played 11-a-side football in seven years, but from memory I was quite similar to what Zinchenko is now, just right-footed instead. I fancied myself as a right-winger in my pre-teen years and I scored 11 goals in roughly 75 apps for Stockport Dynamoes in the Sunday Metro JFL. I was fast and skilful but I wasn't confident or assertive enough with the ball really, so I was moved to right-back.

Then as I got older and played for my school team I tended to be used as a wing-back or a full-back again, and I worked hard at being in that position because it was the only one I could hold down. I don't remember how many games I played for my school team, or how many goals I scored either. We didn't really have a proper set-up and I only played when there was nobody else available to make up the numbers, but I remember tapping in during a goalmouth scramble to scrape a draw against a rival school in a friendly.

Another player at our school went on to play for Morecambe and Salford City, funnily enough. He ended up on FIFA 12 as well, rated 52 with a potential of 64. Joe Mwasile, his name was. He was in the year above me. Plays for Nantwich Town now and does work as a fitness instructor on the side. Imagine a few of you lot on here who go to watch Salford's games will have see him come off the bench once or twice.

The only "secret weapon" I had as a player was the ability to pick out strikers with high cross-field passes. They consistently landed in that corridor of uncertainty between the opposition's right-back and their goalkeeper, and the best ones landed perfectly in the stride of my teammate running onto it. Nabbed a few assists through doing that often enough.

Last edited:

koop

I used to play with Bobby Reid when he was at Bristol City.
Didn't really realise my potential till about 24 at that point I thought it was kinda too late, 29 now.
I was nicknamed Ronaldo (after CR7) Both footed, very fast, skills, had a very accurate long ball aswell.

Me and my friend used to practice volleys/long shots for hours from about 20-30 yards out and understandably got very very good at them (we tried to imitate Rooneys beast volley against Newcastle)

Now I'm probably as good as Jones after a few pints.

Edit: And I absolutely hate headers, heading hurts so much for me, no idea why, after a header I feel like I'm concussed.

King Andow

I play in the midfield because I like the adrenaline, for me it's all about taking responsability and getting involved in the game with passion, otherwise I'd be bored. I enjoy marking the annoying, selfish dribbler who thinks he's better than he actually is, every team has one. I'm good at reading the game, positioning, defensive awareness and standing tackles so I usually do my job well. My passing is decent when I get to play with someone good at linking up and with space, worse when I'm pressed thanks to an average touch and lack of tricks, but I never hide. I have good vision and I'm not afraid to take risks on the ball but I'm inconsistent, I have the occasional good assist in me but mostly I do a Fred and misplace the pass (In my defense, I'm quite young and have no practice or foundation on a pitch). I have no left foot. I can't win an aerial duel to save my life, can't shoot, can't dribble very well. Sort of like a mix between a past it Schweinsteiger, even with the pointing at teammates, and a Wan-Bissaka without the athleticism, I'd say.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have natural ability of Messi and Ronaldo's mentality abd dedication. I am good agent away from Ballon d'Or.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Rubbish because I have zero stamina.

But I can pick a mean overhead through-ball if I playing 7/11 a side. And I'll probably score 8 or 9 everytime i play 5 a side because i can actually shoot with both feet, so fat lads can't handle the switch :lol:

OleBoiii

Wide forward/winger that doesn't track back. A luxury player, basically. Useless in the air, despite being 185 cm. Tracks back about 10-20% of the time. Mediocre stamina. Severily right-footed.

On the plus side: my right foot. I can hit some absolutely stunning passes that a player of my caliber has no business doing. I also have a very heavy shoot, and decent finishing and set-pieces.