What are you like as a player?

SambaBoy

Amazing at dribbling and half decent/good at everything else apart from the defensive side of the game.

Released by Liverpool at 14, City at 15 and then just dotted around the North West trying to get a pro contract. Went the US Scholarship route before heading back playing Conference North and below. Now in Australia playing there after playing for a year in New Zealand.

diarm

I work hard and I'm tenacious which was great when I was fit. Nowadays I'm good for 15 minutes before I collapse in a heap. I've quick feet and a good eye for a pass, but I'm slow as feck and I can be very rash, especially just after I've made a mistake.

To sum up - I can have a proper impact on a game early on, but I rarely finish a full match. I'll either be hooked off at halftime while hyperventilating or I get sent off for kicking a right back up the arse while he's shielding (read: obstructing) a ball I've just miscontrolled out for a corner [actually happened about 8 months ago].

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably Pogba tbh (or Berba when I played up top). Very talented on the ball but a bit lazy/inconsistent. Excellent touch/passer, love being on the ball, creative, but never could quite dictate games in midfield even though I had the passing and touch and intelligence for it. I'm 6'3" and quite agile so similar to Pogs in that sense too. Defensively I could do it but never liked it or felt too comfortable. At the same time though, liked getting in physical tussles and wouldnt mind being a bit dirty.
Actually felt like I had quite a bit potential because of my blend of size/talent/agility, but I was lazy growing up and never bothered to get properly fit enough to do anything more than casual footy.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Amazing at dribbling and half decent/good at everything else apart from the defensive side of the game.

Released by Liverpool at 14, City at 15 and then just dotted around the North West trying to get a pro contract. Went the US Scholarship route before heading back playing Conference North and below. Now in Australia playing there after playing for a year in New Zealand.
Pretty interesting. How much longer do you intend on playing for?

LungiDevil

I once played central defense. Once. First time in the game the ball comes to me, I try to clear and miss the ball. It hits my standing leg and GOAL!!

So traumatic that I stuck to cricket after that.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not long turned 27. Had quite a few injuries upto 23, started looking after my body better and been injury free since so hopefully 32-33.
Best of luck to you, you're living the life that most of us here dreamt about as a kid, I'm quite envious! Hope you enjoy it for as long as you plan to commit to it.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I am like Gattuso, just slower, less technical, physically weaker though my body has more mass, avoid headers, good for the ocassional foul, and I could run a lot - no pace, but could basically run all the time, a proper ball chaser.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Great at putting in balls through defensive lines. Decent first touch. Shite acceleration and the only time I get correct headers are when I'm making a HTTP request.

A Btec Busquets basically.
Decent POST

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Reasonably holding striker. Not pacy more of a target man who could hold up and lay off to a runner. Decent power in my shot but it was always a bit wayward...

Welbeckham

Like a slow and clumsy Carrick, or Peter Crouch with Lindelöf’s aerial ability. In a high tempo game, everyone just runs circles around me, I’m mostly only useful when my team has the possession.

starman

Surely this thread is about Video games? I refuse to believe there more than a handful that actually play football...

Devil77

Wide forward/winger that doesn't track back. A luxury player, basically. Useless in the air, despite being 185 cm. Tracks back about 10-20% of the time. Mediocre stamina. Severily right-footed.

On the plus side: my right foot. I can hit some absolutely stunning passes that a player of my caliber has no business doing. I also have a very heavy shoot, and decent finishing and set-pieces.
Haha! Was about to reply to this thread myself. But you did it for me. :)