What are your feelings on Roy Keane?

Red00012

Grade A prick, that's what he is. I tolerated him as a player and I still think his performance against Juventus in that CL semi comeback is one of the best i've ever seen from a United player but he failed to show leadership when he went off the rails in that MUTV rant and during Chelsea's emergence under Mourinho. His ending of Alf-Inge Haaland's career was also disgusting, pure thuggery.
Worst post of the day, sorry the week...possibly the month.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
He was one of the greatest players in United's history. Should have a statue of him outside OT.

As a player he was around at the perfect time. As a Manager he was 20 years too late who didn't know how to handle this newer generation of players, and these newer generation of players can't handle his honesty and straight forwardness. Good pundit, tells it how it is.

I'd love to see a demographic of those that love him and those that hate him.

He was one of the greatest players in United's history. Should have a statue of him outside OT.

As a player he was around at the perfect time. As a Manager he was 20 years too late who didn't know how to handle this newer generation of players, and these newer generation of players can't handle his honesty and straight forwardness. Good pundit, tells it how it is.

I'd love to see a demographic of those that love him and those that hate him.
I've also argued he should have a statue - out of Fergie's players, I'd argue Eric and Roy are most deserving of statues. But we know the co92 brand will win.

I can't understand how any United fans can dislike Roy Keane. He gave everything for this club. The best captain we've ever had, and yes I watched Robbo.

Tel074

Grade A prick, that's what he is. I tolerated him as a player and I still think his performance against Juventus in that CL semi comeback is one of the best i've ever seen from a United player but he failed to show leadership when he went off the rails in that MUTV rant and during Chelsea's emergence under Mourinho. His ending of Alf-Inge Haaland's career was also disgusting, pure thuggery.
After Haalands behaviour when Keane was laying on the ground injured he deserved what Keane did. Plus is you bothered finding out the truth before speaking nonsense you would be aware that Haaland himself has admitted Keanes challenge had nothing to do with his career ending it was a injury with his other leg that ended his career !

dubs4dasam

Could we hire him to walk around the place growling at the current imposters?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
One of my all time favourite Utd players, we were just a different team with him in the starting 11.

What I'd give to have him back in this team. I can see him now, bouncing round with Lingard, shouting 'beans, beans, beans' into Jesses mobile, laughing hysterically, while wearing matching designer tracksuits.

Reiver

One of my all time favourite Utd players, we were just a different team with him in the starting 11.

What I'd give to have him back in this team. I can see him now, bouncing round with Lingard, shouting 'beans, beans, beans' into Jesses mobile, laughing hysterically, while wearing matching designer tracksuits.
Exactly how I feel about him. We were lucky to have him.

Oldyella

If he was playing today with our current squad I think we would barely see him, he would be getting sent off every other game out of sheer frustration.

dubs4dasam

What utter nonsense. You tolerated him as a player? Surely this post is a wind up!

BestRed

Absolute legend of a player, would happily pay any amount of money to have a young Keano back in the team.

cyril C

He is now a rent-a-gob. He undoubtably had big balls as a player but he should really give up the punditry. The club doesn't need him jumping on bandwagons and making life any harder. The scouse don't ever knife their own, they are as thick as thieves. Keane maybe feels like an unwanted member of the family but he cannot escape his history. We need to give him a job and bring him in to the fold.
WTF? So we are in charity business? We need to give some a JOB just because he fails to find any? Has anyone asked WHY Keane fails to land any job? He burnt his bridge with Utd when he stepped on everyone toes, he burnt his bridges with many people in the business with his so called hard tongue. So what is he good at now? Criticising people without any analytical skill. Call Boris or Trump....

KetilOwren88

I met him at the Manchester airport a couple of years ago and he was scary. He started to argue with a fan taking a picture with him because he didn’t say please and took it for granted. I almost wet my pants, but got my reward in the end. Tremendous player though. One of my absolute favourite players of all time.

Foxbatt

If Ole had hired him as his assistant he may have kicked some players off OT and got some sense of pride in playing for United. For sure some would have left too. But by God we need a player like him more than ever now.

Woeisme

We need to give some a JOB just because he fails to find any? Has anyone asked WHY Keane fails to land any job?
Could it be because he's retired? Could it be because he has an estimated worth of £50,000,000?

Criticising people without any analytical skill.
Oh the irony.

Happy to see that there is a lot more positivity about Roy Keane than there is negativity. A true giant of the game that gave every ounce of himself for this club for over a decade.
Plus, contrary to popular opinion, he is a very decent guy. He just can't tolerate fools.

I'm on board with the Old Trafford statue sentiment.

FrenchRed

Absolutely love him, always have, always will. Legend.

Unflinching in his demand for professionalism and the highest standards when he was playing. Unrepentant in his views in a time where everything is so bland. Wish we had him at the club now.

Also spot on with his views about SAF and the 'Rock of Gibraltar' incident. This in itself opened the door for the Glazer debacle.

Bestietom

You seem to know him personally then. Man, you got him way wrong.

Last edited:

meamth

Nothing but the highest level of respect for him.

One interview he said when someone praised him for his efforts against Juve, he felt disgusted because he knows what was demanded from him as a football player.

BiggusCrickus

What we need right now in the club. Someone who played with the highest standards and expected the same from his teammates. He would not allow the current crop to be doing what they are currently doing . Pogba and Lingard may be the better technical footballer over Keane. But they dont posses the heart the sheer will to win that Keane had. Keane is a legend in my eyes and always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Amesbury

Keane was world class, best in his position for 10 years. Made it look easy. Was like having 2 players in his position.
He never gave away possession. He never tried any fancy stuff on the pitch. He found the pass required to start the next attack.
Best captain we had for getting the best out of his team mates. (Robbo is one of my hero's) Was like having Fergie on the pitch. Gave 110 percent in every game, whether it was against Bradford or Juve and he expected and made sure those around him did too.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Absolute beast of a player who would be first name on the team sheets of 99% of clubs. A bit of his steel and drive is what is missing from the current crop of Utd players prancing around Old Trafford.

Get him on the backroom staff as a HT surprise for Lingard after another appalling performance.

Thaumaste

What we need right now in the club. Someone who played with the highest standards and expected the same from his teammates. He would not allow the current crop to be doing what they are currently doing . Pogba and Lingard may be the better technical footballer over Keane. But they dont posses the heart the sheer will to win that Keane had. Keane is a legend in my eyes and always will be.
I agree with the sentiment of your post, but the bolded is debatable for Pogba (Pogba can do more on the ball than Keane could, principally in terms of dribbling, but Keane's touch was flawless and his passing more precise if less ambitious, while his tackling, decision making and tactical nous were leagues above Pogba's, and are all technical aspects of what makes a footballer) but ludicrously false for Lingard.

matt10000

Fantastic player and leader. I am sure he could be a dickhead and annoy people at times but then again so am I and half my mates....so what!

reddev3

I love him, one of my Favourite players ever.He's also brutally honest as a pundit, he's funny as a pundit as well because his brutal honesty is never far from the mark.

RedGib

The heartbeat of the team just like Robson, sadly we don’t possess a heartbeat at present and that is clear to see in our lack of intensity on the pitch.
We need a proper captain who leads by example and enforces the ethics set by the manager, this type of player is required more than all the other positions we badly need to address!
Start with a leader and get rid of anyone not willing to follow!

ryansgirl

He didn't walk out on us. He was sent home. It's like the Haaland situation where the story overtook the truth.
Roy Keane, captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world and his country, was sent home by a prick who is somehow still managing us. All Keane wanted was for us to be professional and think, for once, that we can be more than plucky little Ireland. What he got was a shit show from management and the FAI
Yes, Keano had far more professionalism and class than all of the Ireland management put together. He simply could not accept Ireland being there to make up the numbers and couldn't stand the notion that the Irish players had to accept low standards of organization, facilities etc.

All Niall Quinn's sanctimonious horseshit couldn't mask his hypocrisy and vindictiveness. Reacting to Keano's measured assessment of the problems the Ireland squad were encountering in what was supposed to be training for the soon to be World Cup by trying to humiliate him in front of the squad. In Keano's immortal words, 'Who is Quinny? Mother Theresa?'

Last edited:

ryansgirl

Come again - Keano was not as good as Pogba and Lingard technically? What on earth have you been taking? Did you ever watch United games on tv or the replays all over the net? Jesse doesn't even enter the equation.

Pogba's an amazingly skilled player but Keano was the complete package. His tackling for a start. Pogba's role is not to focus on tackling but nevertheless, there are solid arguments to be made for Keano being ahead of him as an all-round player.

His style of play was so together - despite his rep as a rough player he actually was a polished one and made some magnificent tackles, knew when to pass and when to try and score, scored vital goals that were not spectacular but simply part of the job, had an amazing engine and was arguably the best two-way midfielder in the Premier League for most of his career with Manchester United.

And he has it all over Pogba in terms of attitude. Keano never dropped his head, never gave up, willed the team to win, kept driving it forward. He wasn't flashy like Paul but more effective and I would say a better all-round player much as I like Paul and his skills.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Nothing but the highest level of respect for him.

One interview he said when someone praised him for his efforts against Juve, he felt disgusted because he knows what was demanded from him as a football player.
Yes, that was incredible.
Literally a night and day difference in attitude compared to our current lot.

There’s not a single midfield in the world at the moment that he wouldn’t instantly improve.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Absolute beast of a player who would be first name on the team sheets of 99% of clubs. A bit of his steel and drive is what is missing from the current crop of Utd players prancing around Old Trafford.

Get him on the backroom staff as a HT surprise for Lingard after another appalling performance.
After jesse uploads another video to instagram.

Sparkoz_1

Roy Keane was a class act. His passion and desire to win was incredible. Feel sorry for the way it all ended.

Jib

Technically poor, tactically awful, negative leader; a butcher on the pitch and a toxic person.

The most overrated player ever. Only rated in the UK and his country.

Vieira on his bad days was twice the player and if Keane played today, he would play for a championship side.

He's a terrible manager too.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Technically poor, tactically awful, negative leader; toxic person.

Vieira was twice the player and if Keane played today, he would play for a championship side.

I had you marked as a WUM last week. Now it is proven.

Varun

Staff
Technically poor, tactically awful, negative leader; a butcher on the pitch and a toxic person.

Vieira was twice the player and if Keane played today, he would play for a championship side.

:lol:

clarkydaz

Better than pogba though