What can we do as fans?

48 hours

here's my proposal: Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit Ole hard and hit Ole fast with a major -- and I mean _major_ -- leaflet campaign, and while he’s reeling from that, we'd follow up with a whist drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK? Now, if that's not enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Ole Out" ... "Awful Coaches, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what will be.
But I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is what are we going to call ourselves? I think it comes down to a choice between "The Squad Against Useless Coaching" or, my own personal preference, which is "The Caf League for the Immediate Termination of Ole and his Rehabilitation Into Society." One drawback with that -- the abbreviation is "CLITORIS”

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i am sacrificing my second born son at the weekend as he has an o in his name. this appeases the gods and ensures a good harvest, as well as showing woodward we mean business.

the sack poll thread for Ole shows 87% are in favour of making a change.
3 wins and that will change.. people won’t even look at who we beat and how we played. Qualify for top 4 anyone saying Ole is not the guy and should still get sacked will get crucified. Then next year same thing will happen.

MUFC OK

3 wins and that will change.. people won’t even look at who we beat and how we played. Qualify for top 4 anyone saying Ole is not the guy and should still get sacked will get crucified. Then next year same thing will happen.
Maybe a bit but in the majority I don't think so - there have been too many false dawns. We now know what the reality of Ole as manager is - potential 10 game win streaks (dubious now), followed by a bad result and the wheels falling off for a couple of months. Or, as it is now a complete mixed bag of results.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Protest against the matchgoing fans.
I would protest against that.

I mean - I would protest against people protesting against match goers.

Well, except one particular cnut who sat next to me the last time I went to OT. If he's still a match goer - and the protest is directed exclusively against him - I might embrace it after all.

Water Melon

Match going fans need to be a bit more vocal. We either slip down the Arsenal way or crawl back up to be on par with the very best. The Board did fook all despite winning nothing major in the last 8 years. They will be happy if the value of the brand continues to grow. Lest we forget what LvG said about how they run Man Utd. So if the owners do not care much, it is up to us, fans. We made them shit their beds with the protests against ESL, we can force them to start thinking about winning things.

laughtersassassin

I wouldn't protest Ole as that's strange behaviour.

I would protest the Glazers.

I also would be good with some signs brought into OT saying "Thanks Ole but its time to go"

Ole doesn't deserve to be United manager. We need him gone but since he is a legend we need to do it in a respectful manner.

FerociousCorgis

Match going fans need to be a bit more vocal. We either slip down the Arsenal way or crawl back up to be on par with the very best. The Board did fook all despite winning nothing major in the last 8 years. They will be happy if the value of the brand continues to grow. Lest we forget what LvG said about how they run Man Utd. So if the owners do not care much, it is up to us, fans. We made them shit their beds with the protests against ESL, we can force them to start thinking about winning things.
nah remember they are somehow the scum of the earth if they have the slightest inclination of booing being heard. Regardless of how shit ole is as a manager they have to stand by the manager until we are at least in the very bottom tier of english football. Even then they wont be true fans unless they take part in bake sales to raise funds for a new bench to go in the park for the team to use for home games once they are financially destitute and cant afford to play anywhere.

MUFC OK

We're already at Arsenal levels of ambition in simply aiming for top 4 - that's all we will have left to hope for ironically, after the Arsenal game.

You're right that the owners don't care unless top 4 is under threat - to them that's like winning the treble each year. The difference between that and seriously competing is down to us to drive, I completely agree that protests should take place.

MUFC OK

I wouldn't protest Ole as that's strange behaviour.

I would protest the Glazers.

I also would be good with some signs brought into OT saying "Thanks Ole but its time to go"

Ole doesn't deserve to be United manager. We need him gone but since he is a legend we need to do it in a respectful manner.
I support all of this.

Oranges038

Just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Works for every thing, funny smells around the house, weird lumps, itchy knob, stray dogs and cats, wives, funky looking toe nails, niggly coughs and annoying relatives.

stw2022

Don't we have highest wage bill and regularly outspend clubs who have owners that could buy us with money found down back of sofa?

We are managed by someone in competent and the owners react with the speed of an arthritic sloth but come on, Arsenal we're not.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The critcism towards fans who spend money going to matches to have a good time and cheer for the team :lol:

Every pundit and journalist is doing significantly more to achive the "dream of sacking Ole" than any commentsection spam is going to do. Outside of organizing a mass protest at Old Trafford or storming the pitch during the game with thousands of fans this is the list of things you can do to force a mangerial change: 1.
This is the list of things you can do to help the players: 1. Support them. Write something nice on their social media pages 2. Become President of UEFA,introduce measures to protect the players health. 3. Work hard, become a footballer, win the league yourself

Denis79

the walkout at the Liverpool game did nothing, so nothing helps.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
More chance of protesting the fact we have small bags of bacon wheat crunchies in a multipack of said crisps. It's an absolute rip-off

I vote the entire team goes skiing in the alps next year. Can we sort that for them?

sparx99

I do think the general ‘loyalty’ of match going fans doesn’t help. Neville has repeatedly cited their ‘support’. This is is despite numerous interviews outside the ground of match-going fans saying it’s time to go.

Personally I don’t accept his framing as it’s obvious when you go to games that you want to support the team and this can be done in a multitude of ways. Some of the songs have clearly been defiant for example. That doesn’t mean it’s overtly supportive of the manager.

Now, if the away fans for the Watford game staged some kind of vocal protest then the media couldn’t spin it that he’s hasn’t lost the fans. It would be one more excuse for inaction to fall by the wayside.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Aren't there stil those meetings with Glazers on?

If yes then tell them we need a football manager, not a clown.

May be heard given the meetings are probably attended by top reds only who'll blame evil glszers for the fact
The manager has not the foggiest on how to use basic tactics or use good players he's got at his disposal.

The meeting would've probably carried on with this mythical Super. League fiasco which is the elephant in the room for some still.

beer&grill

The critcism towards fans who spend money going to matches to have a good time and cheer for the team :lol:

Every pundit and journalist is doing significantly more to achive the "dream of sacking Ole" than any commentsection spam is going to do. Outside of organizing a mass protest at Old Trafford or storming the pitch during the game with thousands of fans this is the list of things you can do to force a mangerial change: 1.
This is the list of things you can do to help the players: 1. Support them. Write something nice on their social media pages 2. Become President of UEFA,introduce measures to protect the players health. 3. Work hard, become a footballer, win the league yourself
It is their right do to whatever they please, it is our right to criticize them. I don’t even know why I’m replying to a Norwegian troll.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's all romantic bull. The job of a top club is to win games and trophies, maybe playing decent football too.

Obvious enough yet lost on some.

Teja

The Glazer are going nowhere, so there's no point even protesting them. Anyway, they run the commercial operation well and the club has plenty of money to spend to compete at the very top.

To be clear, I think they're leeches collecting their comp as directors, drawing dividends etc. etc. but there's nothing we can do about them.

We should definitely protest Woodward, Murtough, Fletcher and all the other idiots in charge of the circus. Ole is a dead man walking, I don't really care when he gets sacked.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Continue to get behind our club and leave the board to make the decisions. Whether people agree or disagree with regards to Ole still being here, the board will hopefully make what they feel is the right decision in due time.
The board have been making bad decision after bad decision for the last 8 odd years and as a result, we have been without a league title for all those years.
We have the highest wage bill and one of the most expensive squads on the planet and we are now talking about trying to beat Watford.

Hoping the board come good, is absolutely not what any fan of the club should be doing. Sorry man, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You probably come from a different time when white-collar "bosses" were seen as superior to the blue-collar workers, working under them. Those days have gone.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's all romantic bull. The job of a top club is to win games and trophies, maybe playing decent football too.

Obvious enough yet lost on some.
Correct.
There are top reds who want supporters in 2021, to behave exactly as they did 50 years ago.
People need to move with the times.
We are not getting anywhere near the league title if we keep following this old fashioned way of thinking.
The board are inept and they have proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
This, grow a pair and get behind the team, if Ole gets the sack it won’t be because you are crying into your cornflakes or pissing and moaning on the internet.
Yeah the constant angry posts and threads essentially saying the same thing hasn’t worked up to now

Pissing and moaning about match going fans also hasn’t seen any results yet either

I’m all out of ideas. Watch and support the team or don’t watch and feck off is about the only 2 options each of us has

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah the constant angry posts and threads essentially saying the same thing hasn’t worked up to now

Pissing and moaning about match going fans also hasn’t seen any results yet either

I’m all out of ideas. Watch and support the team or don’t watch and feck off is about the only 2 options each of us has
It really isnt, you can protest in person.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are you going to?
I cant, I have a commitment on this date. It had little notice.

I would in normal circumstances though. And it is an option to hundreds of fans at least.

CloneMC16

Can't see that any more. I think a lot of people have turned and won't go back. I'd imagine it would take a City like win streak from last season to get people back on board. That is obviously not happening.

Fans can't do much more than they're already doing. At least the fans on social media. The match going fans could show some more displeasure, but I doubt that is going to happen. The reality is, we're going to have to wait until the owners do what they need to do. That will be either when top 4 is gone or the end of the season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Now this is interesting. Sounds like Inception - a protest against a protest against a protest. It may just work.
But would I know there was a protest against a protest against a protest? I haven’t got a spinny thingummybob.

There’s an old Monopoly game in the loft and I think one of the dice is still in there.. that might do (I never rolled 6’s when I played it).

Walters_19_MuFc

The board have been making bad decision after bad decision for the last 8 odd years and as a result, we have been without a league title for all those years.
We have the highest wage bill and one of the most expensive squads on the planet and we are now talking about trying to beat Watford.

Hoping the board come good, is absolutely not what any fan of the club should be doing. Sorry man, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You probably come from a different time when white-collar "bosses" were seen as superior to the blue-collar workers, working under them. Those days have gone.
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN! After all, they have been making bad decisions for the "8 odd years"...........

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Just wait. We’re in that perfect 1 in 14 million timelines where everything goes just right.