What could have been of Ricardo Quaresma ?

Whatever happened to Carlos Alberto?

Can recall watching him in 2003-04 CL and thought this kid was gonna star.
I was thinking there for a second... captaining the best side in history to a world cup wasn't a bad career.

The other Carlos Alberto, he went back to Brazil and spent the rest of his career hopping between clubs.

To be fair, wasted talent that he was, Quaresma couldn't have achieved much more in the game than he actually did. A few league titles, a Champions League and a European Championship, that's a good haul by anybody's standards.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Hey people, I want your help to understand three different moments in Quaresma's career:

Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter. If someone can do a little breakdown of how he first looked and what happened next, would be awesome

It's fair to say, in name and global recognition, these were the three biggest clubs he played for, so what happened ?
I don't think he was mature enough at Barcelona to really hold his own, especially at that early stage in his development. Chelsea and Inter were probably poor fits.

I don't see it as a case of what could have been as there was always a ceiling on certain aspects of his decision-making. He's still had a solid and successful career.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Quaresma was actually good at Chelsea. But Hiddink didn't want to integrate a player who was only on loan for a few months.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
For all purposes, he is a brilliant entertainer: he has so many tricks in his book that in a good day you could do nothing to stop him. His dribbling is above none in the word IMHO.

SATA

He’s probably a better footballer than Cristiano but he doesn’t have the drive and mentality to reach the highest level. Cristiano was a great dribbler and lift bums off the seats in his time here, but Quaresma was a pure entertainer on the pitch

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
His mentality was actually pretty good, he works a lot and he's clearly very focused on football and loves the sport. He was just inconsistent.

Regardless, he's idolized by loads of people here. A player like Nani that did more for the national team and played better abroad might be rated higher but Quaresma is a lot more beloved.

JoaquinJoaquin

Quaresma was actually good at Chelsea. But Hiddink didn't want to integrate a player who was only on loan for a few months.
I can remember Quaresma playing excellent in an fa cup game and then got dropped the next game. Scolari signed him on loan and then got sacked which killed any chance of him succeeding at Chelsea.