What do you hope to see in the Arsenal game ?

MrSingh2002

A team that has been coached to even have half a clue of how to play in the final third.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Attack, attack, attack. And flying pigs at the end.

Darkhorsez

Would have thought we’d moved past this by now. This is so far from being enough, and is often the go-to for teams and coaches who don’t have a clue about how to set up a team.
Did you see this against West Ham after we went down a goal?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did you see this against West Ham after we went down a goal?
Reasonably.

The first go-to in England when teams don’t win or play well is they apparently ‘didn’t want it enough’. It’s often bollocks. They are often just not good enough at playing football.

We ‘desired’ to get back into the game against West Ham. They desired to retain their lead. A midfield of Matic, McTominay and Pereira and a front line of James, Mata and Lingard cannot ‘will’ their way to 3 points away from home against West Ham.

We lack quality and organisation way more than ‘passhun’. I see no reason why City or any other team’s selection of mercenaries care more about their team’s shirt than our players. It’s a lazy assessment and smacks of a team having no idea how to put it right, so they just ask their players to ‘try more’.

Darkhorsez

Reasonably.

The first go-to in England when teams don’t win or play well is they apparently ‘didn’t want it enough’. It’s often bollocks. They are often just not good enough at playing football.

We ‘desired’ to get back into the game against West Ham. They desired to retain their lead. A midfield of Matic, McTominay and Pereira and a front line of James, Mata and Lingard cannot ‘will’ their way to 3 points away from home against West Ham.

We lack quality and organisation way more than ‘passhun’. I see no reason why City or any other team’s selection of mercenaries care more about their team’s shirt than our players. It’s a lazy assessment and smacks of a team having no idea how to put it right, so they just ask their players to ‘try more’.
Don’t disagree with what we are lacking. But I still think we had enough against West Ham. For years now, I don’t see the do or die attitude. See too many heads drop quickly when things go wrong. Fergie time was not by accident but showed that we went right to the end fighting. We simply have no leaders on the pitch

Snuffkin

Fergie time was not by accident
No we had left ourselves a mountain to climb even in those days. This is a long-term disease we have had.
I don't enjoy watching us chasing games that should be finished. It's plays havoc with my blood pressure, and leaves me with an empty feeling even if we recover.

I want to see us score early and then put another in the net before half time. A dull second half would then be perfectly acceptable.

Maticmaker

Maguire/AWB/James, our three newest players to continue their good performances and be joined in that by a few of our existing players producing the same.

Does it worry anyone else, that currently our three best players are our three newest ones?

Scares the hell of me, wonder how long it will be before they are also 'playing the United way'?

Bestietom

Maguire/AWB/James, our three newest players to continue their good performances and be joined in that by a few of our existing players producing the same.

Does it worry anyone else, that currently our three best players are our three newest ones?

Scares the hell of me, wonder how long it will be before they are also 'playing the United way'?
Yep, that's the way it is. But I would be happy if we continue bringing in these type of players for the next 2/3 transfer windows starting in January, with a midfielder and a striker.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For me, the most important thing from a performance standpoint is to see some chemistry between our attackers. They often seem to be on different wavelengths. As though they just met each other for the first time before kick off or something. Maybe it's to do with injuries, as Martial and Rashford tend to have some awareness of each other I find.

Crustanoid

Lose by less than 5 goal margin , and a sight of Ed in the crowd enjoying his day out

AgentP

I have literally zero expectations. Not saying we'd lose but I'm not really excited about anything going into the match.

Cohesion, guts and I'd like to actually see some of the high intensity pressing Solskjær has talked so much about. Oh and composure and execution in attack.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well, apart from a win some energy would be nice.

Haven't seen much of this high pressing, aggressive, energetic play that we're supposed to be seeing from the team. Considering that was one of the main things that Ole promised and was much talked about when he came in, i haven't seen much evidence of it. Realistically i can't see us winning it, but don't be so fecking meek.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Penalty or two would be nice. And goal from the corner would be nice after couple of years

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No injuries. Need our best for the Pool game so that day will be as good as possible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should not lower our expectations. We need to start seeing quality progressive attacking football. Even if the individuals aren't ideal we must be a well managed football team. The moment we don't expect that the club is on its way to accepting mediocrity.

Sir Scott McToMinay

A win would be nice, a win is always nice, let alone against the Arsenal.
But that means nothing if we can’t go on a run (which I genuinely and unfortunately don’t think we can).

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
A clear attacking plan, we've looked toothless at times this season and their defence is shocking.
A defensively sound display because whilst their defence is shocking, their attack is sh*t hot.
No Pogba means the attack is going to have to work double hard but the midfield will need to be on point in regards to helping the defence dealing with Aubameyang and the rest (I'm looking at you Matic)

Alemar

I hope to see how we don’t start any of Lingard, Mata, Pereira and Matic.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Some evidence of actual coaching and tactics.

A win or a solid draw.

A loss will leave us 3 points from the relegation zone after 7 matches - for any other club of Utd's standing the manager would leave after that.

I hope win, loose or draw the fans get on Woodwards back. He needs to start feeling the pressure.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I hope Greenwood starts & scores his first PL goal & we won the game.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We should not lower our expectations. We need to start seeing quality progressive attacking football. Even if the individuals aren't ideal we must be a well managed football team. The moment we don't expect that the club is on its way to accepting mediocrity.
100% this. My basic expectation in any match is to not look clueless.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A win. Our standard has not drop so low that we can’t expect that at least. Arsenal are terrible away, so if we get pummeled, Ole should know that his time at United is coming to an end.

I also want to see intelligent pressing. Arsenal wants to play from the back and they are prone to errors. So, if we don’t press them, I will feel that Ole will just show how tactical naive he is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
100% this. My basic expectation in any match is to not look clueless.
Low expectations breeds low standards. For years being 'alright' in peformance levels and often doing just about enough in terms of results have created an atmosphere where excellence is often, I feel, not even expected.

I've always felt proud that United fans are unlike those like Madrid's, and I definitely still am. However it's important to make excellence a priority at the same time. There appears to be a narrative of manager change fatigue among fans/the club. However I don't feel we're too impatient with managers and should get used to managerial changes as being normal in line with the modern game.

I've possibly gone off on a tangent. But the point remains - Ole has to achieve excellence. Enough of this poor hand being dealt and all such nonsense. We all want him to succeed and achieve great things at United. And that can't happen without him performing superbly in his job, which as always has to be fh expectation.

So yeah, go on and show that at Old Trafford we can put on a proper attacking display against Arsenal.