What do you hope to see in the Arsenal game ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A win. Our standard has not drop so low that we can’t expect that at least. Arsenal are terrible away, so if we get pummeled, Ole should know that his time at United is coming to an end.

I also want to see intelligent pressing. Arsenal wants to play from the back and they are prone to errors. So, if we don’t press them, I will feel that Ole will just show how tactical naive he is.
That's true. Arsenal are rubbish away from home. Watford walloped them. That and their record at OT makes me confident not matter how the rest of the season goes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That we score goals instead of hitting the goalkeeper from point blank or the post. And incredible performances from Maguire and Lindelöf

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Some decent flowing counterattacking football. We won’t have to ‘worry’ about having all the possession and no idea what to do with it. They’ll be gaps, let’s exploit them

King Andow

No point saying "no Young, Lingard" etc, most of the bad players will play. Just a victory with Greenwood scoring 2 or 3 would be nice :).

Canagel

In the ideal world I would like 60%+ possession, and demonstration of a cohesive style of play that's been drilled on the training ground. But it's already been proven that even the most basic thing is too much to ask from this management and players.
Therefore my expectations are quite low. Don't be embarrassed.

AshRK

A Greenwood hattrick and DT going crazy after the match. Who am I kidding- any win would do it for me.

wolvored

2 or more goals for us. Its a big ask as since Ole was full time manager we score at a rate less than a goal a game. If we could manage to score at least twice we might win.

wolvored

Maguire/AWB/James, our three newest players to continue their good performances and be joined in that by a few of our existing players producing the same.

Does it worry anyone else, that currently our three best players are our three newest ones?

Scares the hell of me, wonder how long it will be before they are also 'playing the United way'?
You may be onto something there. We have bought a few players that start off well and then go way off the boil.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
A driven performance is what I expect given our players claim they'd die or Ole, not hope. I hope we win because that's what we need. Enough of this 'I was happy with the players' attitude' bollocks.

Red00012

I hope to see us take the 1st opportunity we get and not fluff it. Anything else is an extra.

Or and Injury time fergie time winner would be nice.

Maticmaker

You may be onto something there. We have bought a few players that start off well and then go way off the boil.
Yes, I'm worried we have developed some sort of footballing black hole hidden deep in the club's training routines and it sucks in new players and then spits them out as, 'side-side, backward-side' passing automatons, who are also programmed not to deliver effective corner kicks, want the ball played to feet every time... but I'm sure I am worrying unnecessarily :rolleyes:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Sure to be goals but the battle is in the shitness of the defenses. I'm certain one of the triumvirate of toss (Luiz, Xhaka and the Greek) will give you a soft penalty. We just need Auba to outscore our madness.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'd accept coming out of the game without any fresh injuries.

Three points would be a nice bonus.

tomaldinho1

A win obviously but in terms of what I'd look for, something simple like us being able to develop our attacks and move the ball into dangerous positions would be nice. regardless if anything comes from it. If it's another game of long crosses and long balls through/over the top I think I'll just have to accept that is what Ole wants and wait for us to drop enough points for someone else to come in.

Dr Fink

I'll be at the game tonight and i really don't know what to expect. We are at home, so we SHOULD attack, cohesivley as a unit with movement for the passes off the ball. Glad I'm going - I could not stomach that prickly buffoon Roy Keane taking pot-shots at the team. Yes I know Roy, they are currently sh*te!

romufc

Hope to see - Greenwood cutting in and unleashing into far corner with his left, then 10 mins later scoring a tap in with his right. 2-0 Utd

But we all know we will not see what we hope so any sort of win will do.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Slab head will win us the game

Davìd Moyéz

A goal from a set piece would be nice. Really think this is an area we need to focus on given our limited creativity.

poleglass red

Hope not to see Matic, you're basically playing a man down when he's on the pitch. I get that we are weak in that position, but anyone but him. I'd even be inclined to play someone out of position there, someone who would cover runners and actually make challenges.

Shalashaska

I don't expect a tactical revolution nor sudden improvement on set pieces. I simply hope we will start very with high energy, be at their throats early in order to have a psychological hold on the game. Too many games we let the other team be too comfortable and only wake up when our backs are against the wall.
The fans who pay these expensive tickets deserve some kinda lift from kick off.
The only thing I want to see is Rojo's name not on the team sheet!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'll be at the game tonight and i really don't know what to expect. We are at home, so we SHOULD attack, cohesivley as a unit with movement for the passes off the ball. Glad I'm going - I could not stomach that prickly buffoon Roy Keane taking pot-shots at the team. Yes I know Roy, they are currently sh*te!
lucky you, man

Classnordic

I want to see none of Young, Matic, Lingard and Mata in the starting lineup.

RedCurry

Patterns of play.
Overlapping runs from fullbacks.
Midfielders making late runs into the box and getting to the end of crosses.
No irresponsible lose passes.
When we have a player who breaks the defensive lines, other players to find him with ball to feet.
Striker holding up the ball and bringing others into the game.
Shots from range if they make the keeper work on most occasions.
Corner kicks finding our player at least once.