What in the world are they spraying? (Spoiler: Nothing)

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Its called cloud seeding. But I guess that's probably not true either. If they can cloud seed from aircraft they can drop other substances.

I didn't say it was proof of anything, I was asking if he had watched them as he said we know how contrails behave.
and why the government will be interested in dumping chemicals?

P.S. I remember seeing the trails since I was a kid and they used to stay for a long period of time, that was ages ago. Do you realize some people likes to mess with people like you?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Well by that logic almost anything we can make up is true. But as logical arguments that are proof of anything, it is incredibly faulty. The existence of cloud seeding, means absolutely nothing in terms of whether chemtrails are real or just as most people know just contrails behaving has contrails do.

If you did not think they somehow supported the belief that chemtrails are real, you should not have bothered bringing them up then.

Contrails are very easily explained, but you know that because you have done the research on the issue, right.
My point about cloud seeding was aimed at langster and others who said they have never seen the weather change from contrails etc. Cloud seeding is actually known to do that so it isn't just a made up theory. There are substances dropped from aircraft that change the weather so im sorry if people haven't seen it but it does go on.

Saying contrails are very easily explained doesn't prove anything so you can keep saying that all you want it doesn't debunk the chemtrail theory but in your mind it probably does, that's where the problem lies. Do you know how chemtrails behave?

My point isn't to prove chemtrails exist, its to point out that you and others claiming they don't exist have no real evidence to back that up. Knowone knows whats really going on so it is frustrating to see people so sure its all a lie/conspiracy when it hasn't been disproven. Everyone has their beliefs and they usually choose the one that best serves their current mindset, but that's all they are, beliefs without facts to back them up.

Silva

My point about cloud seeding was aimed at langster and others who said they have never seen the weather change from contrails etc. Cloud seeding is actually known to do that so it isn't just a made up theory. There are substances dropped from aircraft that change the weather so im sorry if people haven't seen it but it does go on.

Saying contrails are very easily explained doesn't prove anything so you can keep saying that all you want it doesn't debunk the chemtrail theory but in your mind it probably does, that's where the problem lies. Do you know how chemtrails behave?

My point isn't to prove chemtrails exist, its to point out that you and others claiming they don't exist have no real evidence to back that up. Knowone knows whats really going on so it is frustrating to see people so sure its all a lie/conspiracy when it hasn't been disproven. Everyone has their beliefs and they usually choose the one that best serves their current mindset, but that's all they are, beliefs without facts to back them up.
It has a relatively small impact on the weather, at best it can increase rainfall by 15% by increasing the condensation of an existing cloud. It's the kind of thing scientists hope to use to combat drought conditions in the future, not the kind of thing that is currently advanced enough to do what you're suggesting. It doesn't "change the weather", if it's sunny it's gonna carry on being sunny.

Also, that clouds develop after a plane leaves a contrail is statistically likely. Clouds form all the time, planes fly all the time. Trying to suggest that contrails cause clouds is extremely deluded. It's like saying you saw a traffic jam develop after a BMW drove past, alright, thanks for that observation, got anything meaningful?

BringNaniBack

and why the government will be interested in dumping chemicals?

P.S. I remember seeing the trails since I was a kid and they used to stay for a long period of time, that was ages ago. Do you realize some people likes to mess with people like you?
This is getting rather boring now. Im not going to go into why they would be interested in dumping chemicals, there are various reasons, you can have a look yourself if interested. I've explained my stance on this in previous posts.

Yes I know people like to try and mess with people like me, they think i'm completely gullible and will believe anything. That's fine with me mate, they can have their beliefs and I can have mine. One day we might find out if it is me being gullible or if its actually the other way around. I'm done with this discussion for now lol.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
This whole belief and fact bollocks is the same shite that goes around over and over in the atheism/theism debate. You can't prove the non-existence of something non-existent beyond the reasonable doubt of a confirmed believer no matter how barking their belief may be and will only waste your time in trying to do so.

Cloud seeding is known science, although most of it is carried out using rockets rather than aircraft these days and it's debatable how successful it is although the Chinese use it to keep the rain away for big parades, holidays etc and most famously the Olympic opening ceremony whilst various ski resorts have tried it to encourage more snow. Contrails are known science where condensation in the vortices from the wing tips leave small cloud like trails in the wake of planes.

Conflating the two to suggest we are being chemically dusted by the powers that be is unbelievable for most people for a number of very good reasons:

1. There's no visible, physical or psychological effects to suggest that we are being dusted.
2. There's no practical or indeed dastardly reason why our own governments would dust us since they would also be dusting themselves, their family and friends.
3. If it were our enemies (the Russians, Koreans, ISIS, whoever?) dusting us surreptitiously our governments would have surely noticed that condition 1 was not being met and be doing something about it due to condition 2.

Can you not see why belief in chemtrails or any similar conspiracy might lead to people pointing at you and laughing as if you were wearing a tinfoil hat?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
My favourite KingEric response during that Sandy Hook ridiculousness was when someone jokingly referred to tin foil hats. His response was something like "yeah, well, you won't be laughing about those hats when you do some research on MK Ultra". Aahhh. Bet he was wearing one at the time.

BringNaniBack

This whole belief and fact bollocks is the same shite that goes around over and over in the atheism/theism debate. You can't prove the non-existence of something non-existent beyond the reasonable doubt of a confirmed believer no matter how barking their belief may be and will only waste your time in trying to do so.

Cloud seeding is known science, although most of it is carried out using rockets rather than aircraft these days and it's debatable how successful it is although the Chinese use it to keep the rain away for big parades, holidays etc and most famously the Olympic opening ceremony whilst various ski resorts have tried it to encourage more snow. Contrails are known science where condensation in the vortices from the wing tips leave small cloud like trails in the wake of planes.

Conflating the two to suggest we are being chemically dusted by the powers that be is unbelievable for most people for a number of very good reasons:

1. There's no visible, physical or psychological effects to suggest that we are being dusted.
2. There's no practical or indeed dastardly reason why our own governments would dust us since they would also be dusting themselves, their family and friends.
3. If it were our enemies (the Russians, Koreans, ISIS, whoever?) dusting us surreptitiously our governments would have surely noticed that condition 1 was not being met and be doing something about it due to condition 2.

Can you not see why belief in chemtrails or any similar conspiracy might lead to people pointing at you and laughing as if you were wearing a tinfoil hat?
Yes I can see why. Doesn't mean I agree.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Today I woke up it was sunny, with a clear blue sky, not a cloud or chemtrail or contrail to be found. By noon it was cloudy, the it rained a bit, got colder and even snowed a little. How did that happen?

Oh wait there was this big flock of geese this morning, they changed the weather.
Hmm, you woke up and the weather changed...

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
'I once threw a stone - this means I'm also able to throw explosives around too!!!11!'

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It should be noted though, that scientists are studying contrails, even today, especially persistent ones because they do think they can have an effect on the climate. Now here is where it becomes important to separate the fact from the conspiracy. This does not mean that there is something sinister about contrails or something being purposely spread. What it means is that regular, everyday aircraft exhaust and the contrails that form under certain atmospheric conditions may have some effect on the climate, especially as we see more and more aircraft in the sky, forming more and more contrails. There is no answer yet, but even if they do have an affect that falls far short of proving any sort of chemtrail conspiracy.

Check out the NASA website for more on this.

Contrails were first noticed shortly after WW1 as aircraft began reaching the altitudes required to form them.

The temperature that contrails can form at is variable based on other conditions in the atmosphere and some conditions of the aircraft exhaust.

If you google WW2 contrails, there are some really neat images.

JustAFan

Cloud Seeding has feck all to do with the Chemtrail conspiracy theory. It is a well known thing that does happen, it is not a secret. It is usually even announced when it will be done. Just because cloud seeding exists it does not mean that the whole weather/mind control BS chemtrail conspiracy could be real.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Conspiracy theorists are reskinned religious zealots.

Brilliantly entertaining with a similar penchant for getting 'bored' and leaving threads.

BringNaniBack

Conspiracy theorists are reskinned religious zealots.

Brilliantly entertaining with a similar penchant for getting 'bored' and leaving threads.
Well no wonder. Its no fun hanging around when its ten against one. What happened to this KingEric you all speak of anyway? Maybe he can help fight my corner :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
He's a bit of a legend around these parts. Sometimes I wonder whether he was even real.

@KingEric7

EDIT: Last seen questioning the events of Sandy Hook based on his profile :lol:

JustAFan

He's a bit of a legend around these parts. Sometimes I wonder whether he was even real.

@KingEric7
His Atacama Man thread was awesome, must have been so heartbreaking when he found out it was not an alien at all. Even worse when the scientist he was so happy to have in his corner turned out to have never thought it was alien or anything that weird, like a very small human who lived for years outside the womb, etc. All things we told him from the start just by using our brains a bit.

But he ran away after his laughable attempt to prove that Sandy Hook never really happened, that it was all a hoax was roundly and soundly defeated.

I do like to bring up the show I watched on CSPAN where they were covering a conference from 9-11 Truthers or whatever they call themselves. Had this Q&A panel with the guy behind Loose Change, and a few other big wigs in the 9-11 Conspiracy Community.

So this one eager believer gets up and asks "What do I say when people present evidence that refutes the conspiracy theory?"

The panel agreed to a man/woman that the best, in fact the only rightful thing to do was to ignore all evidence that does not support their theory. Their theory it seemed was so important, and getting the "truth out" was so important, that any evidence to the contrary needed to be totally ignored, not researched, not questioned, not thought about. Simply ignored.

In truth this is pretty standard practice in the conspiracy community.

Last edited:

Nik70

It should be noted though, that scientists are studying contrails, even today, especially persistent ones because they do think they can have an effect on the climate. Now here is where it becomes important to separate the fact from the conspiracy. This does not mean that there is something sinister about contrails or something being purposely spread. What it means is that regular, everyday aircraft exhaust and the contrails that form under certain atmospheric conditions may have some effect on the climate, especially as we see more and more aircraft in the sky, forming more and more contrails. There is no answer yet, but even if they do have an affect that falls far short of proving any sort of chemtrail conspiracy.

Check out the NASA website for more on this.

Contrails were first noticed shortly after WW1 as aircraft began reaching the altitudes required to form them.

The temperature that contrails can form at is variable based on other conditions in the atmosphere and some conditions of the aircraft exhaust.

If you google WW2 contrails, there are some really neat images.
I seem to remember watching a show about the lack of contrails in the US following 9-11 when all planes were grounded for a few days. Apparently the temperature went up uniformly by a degree or so which was indicative of a cooling effect created by all the contrails.

EDIT: good article on contrails and the post 9-11 phenomenon: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/contrail-effect.html

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I seem to remember watching a show about the lack of contrails in the US following 9-11 when all planes were grounded for a few days. Apparently the temperature went up uniformly by a degree or so which was indicative of a cooling effect created by all the contrails.

EDIT: good article on contrails and the post 9-11 phenomenon: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/contrail-effect.html
Weather controlling bastids.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Getting more planes in the air to stem global warning would certainly be a counter-intuitive solution.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Certainly explains a lot about the cold snap we are having. And how their can be an abundance of contrails these days
When I grabbed those screenshots off my iPad there were currently over 10k civilian aircraft airborne and reporting data around the globe.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
But guys an girls - what's the nature of reality? Cause if you don't have that down, you have basically jack shit. Things that make sense only make sense in a model that makes sense to you. Everyone has their own ideas and theories and people use basic logic usually to ridicule because they don't understand that there is a spectrum to everything ...and most people only ever have the same thought. So unless you know what the nature of reality is, you would know next to nothing. Only the illusions that you cling onto like a comfort blanket perhaps. People need to get real about the shit they don't know and less stupid about the things they do.
Can you please tell us the nature of reality?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Chemtrails is easily my favourite conspiracy theory, all the hallmarks of a classic.

1. Fails the "who would it effect?" test pretty thoroughly as the answer is everybody including the evil rich / powerful people (unless they're lizardmen with the antidote).
2. No earthly reason why anyone would want to do it, or indeed why they couldn't just surreptitiously poison the water supply rather than somehow fitting magical unseen chemical injectors into all the world's jet engines.
3. Ludicrously evil and complicated plan requiring the complicity of many thousands, if not millions, of people the world over yet there aren't a whole lot of whistleblowers to be had.
4. Perfectly simple explanation (unless you're a hillbilly in a field) for why contrails could form behind aircraft without the need for drug or poison injectors - jet exhaust contains both a lot of water vapour and nucleation particles for it to condense on to, at which point it freezes due to low air temperature or low pressure occurring at vortices generated by the aircraft's form.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Chemtrails is easily my favourite conspiracy theory, all the hallmarks of a classic.

1. Fails the "who would it effect?" test pretty thoroughly as the answer is everybody including the evil rich / powerful people (unless they're lizardmen with the antidote).
2. No earthly reason why anyone would want to do it, or indeed why they couldn't just surreptitiously poison the water supply rather than somehow fitting magical unseen chemical injectors into all the world's jet engines.
3. Ludicrously evil and complicated plan requiring the complicity of many thousands, if not millions, of people the world over yet there aren't a whole lot of whistleblowers to be had.
4. Perfectly simple explanation (unless you're a hillbilly in a field) for why contrails could form behind aircraft without the need for drug or poison injectors - jet exhaust contains both a lot of water vapour and nucleation particles for it to condense on to, at which point it freezes due to low air temperature or low pressure occurring at vortices generated by the aircraft's form.
That, for me is the reason I think the people that believe this nonsense have had their brains fried at some point. By chemtrail spray or by any other substance.

Last edited:

BringNaniBack

I find myself arguing for both sides on this subject. I cant make a decision on it. I find myself debating with Chemtrail believers on twitter with me saying "I cant believe that pilots and the people involved are all knowingly poisoning us when have been no whistle blowers in the UK" "If they are poisoning us then they are poisoning themselves, why would they do that?" etc etc. The same old basic logical arguments most people would give when asked about this theory.

But while on here I have been arguing that the theory cannot be debunked and there is something odd going on in our skies :lol:

I do believe the powers that be who are in control would willingly poison humanity but if that is the case then surely someone who is asked to do the spraying would say something. Then I look up to the sky and see trail after trail, in criss-cross patterns or in circles and a thick haze covering the sky and I cant help but think this isn't normal. Do I sound a little crazy :lol:

Anyway guys this spring / summer just have a look up to the skies each day and have a real think about if it looks natural and normal to you, rather than just completely disregarding and ignoring it. Would be interesting to hear thoughts on this and what people see.