What next for Gareth Bale?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bayern would maybe pay him half of his wages.
Real Madrid is obviously going to have to pay a good proportion but seems Zidane just wants him out of the building now at any cost and his standing is such that Perez will fully agree with this.

I'm thinking more a loan tbh, would be very surprised if Real Madrid got rid of him full time as it wouldn't make sense financially for the buying club.

I'm pretty much basing it really on when James Rodriguez was out of favour two years back, Bayern came running and basically took him off their hands for two years.

Obviously he wasn't taking away weekly what Bale is taking now but still a case of one super club coming out and helping another, Bayern could do with established wide option aswell given what they've lost in that area aswell.

Irwin99

I remember him saying he wanted to win the Balon Dor a year or so back, he's not going to do that if he goes to China. Seems a bit of a waste.

PSG or Bayern would be interesting moves for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I remember him saying he wanted to win the Balon Dor a year or so back, he's not going to do that if he goes to China. Seems a bit of a waste.

PSG or Bayern would be interesting moves for him.
He has no chance, did he really say that recently?:eek: 2016 was his best shot when he was arguably best player in CL final and played his part in Wales getting to semi finals of euros. I assume he was 3rd on list then as that's as good as it will get for peak year in his career.

Irwin99

He has no chance, did he really say that recently?:eek: 2016 was his best shot when he was arguably best player in CL final and played his part in Wales getting to semi finals of euros. I assume he was 3rd on list then as that's as good as it will get for peak year in his career.
I'm sure I remember him saying that after the CL final against Liverpool or his agent saying that he wanted it and that it might be a good time to move from Madrid, obviously that didn't happen and he stayed last season. I know he's injured a lot but China seems a bit too soon for a player of his quality.

Edit- yes it was his agent who said this and said he isn't motivated by money

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...uture-about-winning-ballon-dornot-money-agent

Luke1995

Juventus maybe - They seem to be signing pretty much every ''marquee'' player available. Ronaldo, De Ligt, Buffon, Aaron Ramsey...

Wilt

Don’t really care where he goes as long as he keeps away from Utd.

RedNed77

I've seen this mentioned a few times in this thread. Why would Bale leave Madrid on his current wages to move somewhere else on a pay as you play deal? That would be insanity from him and his agent.
Because that is literally his only option, bar well paid obscurity in China.

Edit: and what I mean by that is once Madrid have paid up his contract in a mutually satisfactory way.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Because that is literally his only option, bar well paid obscurity in China.
Once against if Bales goes to China it only highlights the ineptitude of our transfer team. Why can we off-load Sanchez off to China too? RM's a ruthless machine

RM gets all their in-comings done so efficiently and gets their biggest financial albatross off; the guys in Mayfair are looking so pathetic.

ice-bionic red

I really hope you are wrong but fear you may be right as Bale was originally one of the 4 signings on Woody's dream list. Woody may still have the obsession with him, although I hope this is not still the case mate.
I’m with you on this mate. I’m also welsh and believe Bale was made for us yet he chose otherwise. Now we can’t gamble on his fitness and age... Although it be typical of us/Woodward now to step in...

ice-bionic red

You can't compare Lukaku to Bale though and all clubs buy players they wish they didn't.
Anyway, there was reports earlier this summer that United had no interest in him.
I’m not comparing any player. I’m comparing the transfers of the players where there were zero news/reports until we basically had the deals wrapped up.

I’m saying we stupidly could be doing the same for Bale the way this club has been run the last few years!

I’m welsh and I don’t want Bale at United anymore. Years ago yes.

Kag

I’ll be honest, if we’re to bin off Lukaku and there’s no real opportunity to sign a more long term option (like Sancho) then I’d take Bale on a short term loan.

He’s not the player he was. But he isn’t a Sanchez bust either. He would guarantee goals in some capacity and take some of the burden away from James and Greenwood.

Eric's Seagull

I’m with you on this mate. I’m also welsh and believe Bale was made for us yet he chose otherwise. Now we can’t gamble on his fitness and age... Although it be typical of us/Woodward now to step in...
I would have loved for us to sign him years ago from Spurs but hard to compete if Real want the player. Sadly due to injuries and age I would not want. Such a pity as he is a magnificent on his day.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's amazing how people can turn a thread about Madrid's most expensive player and football's biggest deadweight into a vehicle for complaining about Sanchez and United's transfer strategy. Its unbelievable how miserable the tone is! Surely it'd be healthier for some people if they followed a club with lower expectations

Boneli

Isn’t all the rumour that the Chinese club he is in talks with is Jiangsu Suning, who happen to have the same owners as Inter. What odds he ends up there when all the dust settles after a brief stay in China?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isn’t all the rumour that the Chinese club he is in talks with is Jiangsu Suning, who happen to have the same owners as Inter. What odds he ends up there when all the dust settles after a brief stay in China?
Very small. UEFA puts special attention on that and so does the chinese government

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
China's offer is cooling. It is delayed his goodbye.Zidane will clarify in the next few hours what he said about Bale

Matt007a

He's not helping himself with his attitude. If he did in fact refuse to come on against Bayern the other day then he's gone down in the estimation of the clubs who might have considered buying him.

He clearly doesn't have ambitions anymore. Sitting in the reserves every week while being paid a bucket load of money is fine for most of us, but not for the great players. He should be telling his agent to get him a move to a team where he can play and contribute to success. He did that in the past but there's no way he's going to get any serious game time now.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Don't think he'll go anywhere, he still wants to be regarded as a world great IMO, so he will try to prove ZZ wrong, and become a folk hero, which he certainly isn't ATM. If he just sits on bench, or plays for reserves etc, then he tends to miss lumps of the season anyway, so wouldn't be any different.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I feel Buffon is done as a footballer. Apart from his experience with the younger lot I’m not sure what he adds?

I’m not complaining of course but was at fault for the PSG game last season when he fumbled it. Really think his signing for Juve again was just for experience. He won’t play in the big games surely?
Juventus maybe - They seem to be signing pretty much every ''marquee'' player available. Ronaldo, De Ligt, Buffon, Aaron Ramsey...

swred

Can't see him leaving Real this year, i also don't get the hate from some posters on here about them being made for each other.
Bale was a WC player & was given WC (ridiculous) wages & contract at the time. It's not like he's downed tools & been a passenger, he's just made from glass.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Same owner at Inter? That’s interesting. In China they can pay Bale £1,000,000 per week after tax which is nearly like £2,000,000 per week gross. So if the owner in China can pay that sort of money why can’t the owner stump up the cash for the Italian outfit Inter for Lukaku? Surely there is a conflict of interest there?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I feel Buffon is done as a footballer. Apart from his experience with the younger lot I’m not sure what he adds?

I’m not complaining of course but was at fault for the PSG game last season when he fumbled it. Really think his signing for Juve again was just for experience. He won’t play in the big games surely?
Juve signed him to give him 8 matches in order to set a record of appearances in Serie A. Buffon has been finished for a while

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Juve signed him to give him 8 matches in order to set a record of appearances in Serie A. Buffon has been finished for a while
So they offered him a contract for a year so he could break the appearance record? And that my friend, is why they will go another year without the CL. Enough sentiment. Why buy Ronaldo and then re sign Buffon who is done out here? It should be about winning trophies. Though I think Juve have a fantastic chance this year. It would be interesting to see if he gets any CL games as it’s the trophy that has eluded him. Those 8 games could come in the CL?

Matt007a

Same owner at Inter? That’s interesting. In China they can pay Bale £1,000,000 per week after tax which is nearly like £2,000,000 per week gross. So if the owner in China can pay that sort of money why can’t the owner stump up the cash for the Italian outfit Inter for Lukaku? Surely there is a conflict of interest there?
Does the Chinese league have to conform to FFP? Inter presumably can't afford Lukaku and still balance the books.

kouroux

So they offered him a contract for a year so he could break the appearance record? And that my friend, is why they will go another year without the CL. Enough sentiment. Why buy Ronaldo and then re sign Buffon who is done out here? It should be about winning trophies. Though I think Juve have a fantastic chance this year. It would be interesting to see if he gets any CL games as it’s the trophy that has eluded him. Those 8 games could come in the CL?
Buffon is there for the record and that's it, Chezny will play most games for them I think.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
No-one has a clue how much he actually earns, do they? The Standard last night were saying £375k a week and the BBC this morning £550k. That's quite a difference.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's not helping himself with his attitude. If he did in fact refuse to come on against Bayern the other day then he's gone down in the estimation of the clubs who might have considered buying him.
Uh? He asked to sit out a friendly because he had an offer on the table. Standard procedure

Has he been that bad for PSG? Because even as early as 17/18 he was still an excellent keeper. Juve took him back to be scesny's backup and for his presence in the dressing room

kouroux

Uh? He asked to sit out a friendly because he had an offer on the table. Standard procedure

Has he been that bad for PSG? Because even as early as 17/18 he was still an excellent keeper. Juve took him back to be scesny's backup and for his presence in the dressing room
Yes, that bad.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No-one has a clue how much he actually earns, do they? The Standard last night were saying £375k a week and the BBC this morning £550k. That's quite a difference.
His wages were being reported as €17m net per year.
That is £15.3m net p.a.

redshaw

BBC have reported numerous times he's on about 350-375k, this is after tax and dependent on other addons. To earn this sort of wage after tax you have to be paid around 550-600k before tax.

Some report his wage before tax and some report after tax.

Here you go.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48332715

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Can't see him leaving Real this year, i also don't get the hate from some posters on here about them being made for each other.
Bale was a WC player & was given WC (ridiculous) wages & contract at the time. It's not like he's downed tools & been a passenger, he's just made from glass.
He may be made from glass but he's quite clearly downed tools as well.

If he's coming out with statements that he'd rather just get paid to play golf then it's kind of hard to deny isn't it?

The guy looked like he didn't want to play football in his last few appearances for Wales, let alone playing for Real.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
BBC have reported numerous times he's on about 350-375k, this is after tax and dependent on other addons. To earn this sort of wage after tax you have to be paid around 550-600k before tax.

Some report his wage before tax and some report after tax.

Here you go.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48332715
Ah ok, at least they say after tax. The discrepancy in reporting is annoying though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Go.To.Spurs.You.Twat.

Best chance to completely turn your career around and it would take Spurs to the next level.

It’s the most obvious and smart career move.

Take the pay cut and be happy again.