What next for Gareth Bale?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Under the right conditions, such as a loan, where Real pay half his wages or some sort of cheap deal, I'd happily take him here for a year or two. It won't be us, though. I think it will be a team that surprises everyone.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wonder where he's off to.

Surely he wouldn't go to China at his age?

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Under the right conditions, such as a loan, where Real pay half his wages or some sort of cheap deal, I'd happily take him here for a year or two. It won't be us, though. I think it will be a team that surprises everyone.
Half his wages! :lol:

He's on £600k there!

I hope we aren't the incompetent morons about to be suckered into a deal for a crock who never showed any interest in us.

Hughes35

I'd more than happily take him for 200-250K a week on a loan. I'd be delighted at that.

I can't see him going anywhere that cheap though.

slir32

I would take him on loan for a season on 250k a week wages to fill that right spot till we get Sancho.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't know his current situation but I think with Neymar/Bale loans are really the option. It wouldn't shock me if we got bale on loan just like it wouldn't shock me if it was to pave the way for something else later. However, it might be Spurs..could be anyone! But that's how business is done

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe he'll go back to Spurs, but that'll mean a big chunk of his wages are being paid for by Real. Good bit of business from them I think, when he's not injured of course....which will be most of the time.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Maybe he'll go back to Spurs, but that'll mean a big chunk of his wages are being paid for by Real. Good bit of business from them I think, when he's not injured of course....which will be most of the time.
I think you’re right.

Bwuk

I’m fine with him coming here if it’s a loan. Pace and power on the right.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it incredible how blunt Zidane has been about it. Think it is Bayern.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I'll be very surprised if it is not psg or N American club

SecondFig

I think you’re right.
I can't see Poch wanting him - I don't think he'd want an injury prone star on huge wages (even if they're subsidiaries by Real) when most of his first XI are arguably underpaid. Plus not sure where he'd fit in really. If this was last summer, I could absolutely see Woodward bringing him to OT, but I think that ship has sailed. Bayern might make sense as he could easily replace slot in as a wide forward, but Real would still probably need to subsidise his wages.

foolsgold

Knowing how well we do transfers he's probably coming here and Pogba and 30m going the other way

Eric's Seagull

Knowing how well we do transfers he's probably coming here and Pogba and 30m going the other way
Really hope not. The only way I would take him would be on a short term loan, on a pay as you play basis, on a massively reduced wage which is never going to be a viable option. So he can stay where he is mate.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bayern bound it seems. Their players keep getting asked about him in the press conferences so something is going on.

Don't see him coming back to the PL. Wages would be a huge issue for most. Bayern just lost several big hitters off their wage bill so might explain how they can afford him.

Strange to give a CL contender a brilliant player like Bale though. He could come back to haunt them.

Champagne Football

Bayern or PSG you'd imagine. Bayern have that miracle doctor who turned Robben from a sick-note into a consistent world-beater again, so maybe they'd fancy their chances of keeping him fit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With Greenwood looking like the real thing, I wouldn't mind Bale as a stop gap if he is relatively cheap.

Dan

His agent will probably comment on this sooner or later.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Bayern or PSG you'd imagine. Bayern have that miracle doctor who turned Robben from a sick-note into a consistent world-beater again, so maybe they'd fancy their chances of keeping him fit.
Robben was a lot younger though. Bale is in his 30s now so to suddenly become a reliable and durable player would indeed be a miracle!

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Surely only China or PSG would match his wages if Neymar is on his way out. No way Bale would crack Mandarin if he hasn’t got the hang of Spanish yet.

red4ever 79

Have to admire Zidane in some ways. Doesnt fancy a player and goes all out to get rid of him. Whereas we tend to renew players contracts like confetti. We should have taken this approach with Sanchez and gone all out to get rid of the fraud.