What next for Mourinho?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think we’re probably thinking of different people then :lol: I was thinking of endless wheelies, who has been posting this exact same crap as recently as yesterday. Talking about Ole being the same as Craig Shakespeare, we were crap against Spurs etc.

I agree, I fail to see how any United fan could not be enjoying this right now. Sure there is a lot of uncertainty over what the future holds, but at the moment, things are more fun than they’ve been since Sir Alex left.
I thought you meant Gandalf, who posted after the Spurs game ..

"Even in the first half, our game plan was to hoof it up to the flanks over and over again" and

"We were afraid of the press and played like Mourinho would to counter it".

Let it go man, let it go!

Cloud7

I thought you meant Gandalf, who posted after the Spurs game ..

"Even in the first half, our game plan was to hoof it up to the flanks over and over again" and

"We were afraid of the press and played like Mourinho would to counter it".

Let it go man, let it go!
He’s probably on my ignore list. The most rabid of the Mourinho cultists (not the reasonable supporters, just the irrationally devoted posters) got put on my list in the last two months or so, so I may miss some of the crap being spouted still :lol:

KjaAnd

This fraud have won more in england than all the current manager have win in England combined.

But yeah. He's a fraud
I don't get this sentiment. The fact that he has won a lot previously in his carreer has no bearing on his current qualities as a manager. I do think "fraud" is a bit too harsh, but the past 3-4 years have shown quite clearly that he's completely out of touch with modern football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal @Vato @giorno

Would you want this guy back? porque o porque no?
Wouldn't want him back if he were the last manager alive. And i actually like him. A man like him needs very specific circumstances to succeed at our club. And one of those circumstances is "not having been there already and being reviled by 4/5 of the local media, especially the media that should be friendly to the club"

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not in a million years. Just because of the whole circus he brings with him. We're enough of a circus as it is.
Exactly. We're a circus, and Mourinho is like a hungry lion. You let a hungry lion free in a circus with hundreds of people, see what happens

bondsname

Watch him get the Real Madrid job, we beat PSG and we face Real in the Quarter finals.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He is the managerial equivalent of Rooney, once upon a time was incredible but now is washed up and bang average.

By rights he shouldn't sniff a top or even 2nd tier job (Dortmund, Inter etc) but his name and history will probably get him one.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't get this sentiment. The fact that he has won a lot previously in his carreer has no bearing on his current qualities as a manager. I do think "fraud" is a bit too harsh, but the past 3-4 years have shown quite clearly that he's completely out of touch with modern football.
He had a 3rd year meltdown and a mutiny. But he did well in his first 2 years. Many people refuses to acknowledge this. His 3 years in united still gets us 2 trophies. More than klopp and pochetinno lumped together.

His tactics isnt outdated, his man management doesnt suit us and tbf to him the united fans just dont like him in the first place.

But he's not a fraud. And so does capello wasnt a fraud. The caf can be blinkered sometimes. Moyes wasnt a fraud.. he's just a shit manager given the best job in the world. I want him out since day 1 too but all this fraud this fraud that is petty

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He has to get the Madrid job, it's too perfect for it not to happen. Even the Madrid fans who say that they don't want him would absolutely love the circus of it all.

He definitely wasn't a success in Madrid the first time around btw. Having Ronaldo in his prime with a great team behind him and not getting to a Champions League final in 3 years is inexcusable, the way they lost the Bayern and Dortmund semifinals was awful and definitely Mourinho's fault more than anyone else.

He did play a big part in changing the mentality and that has proven to be incredibly important for Madrid in the years after he's left. How big of a role he has actually played in Madrid's success in the years after he left is a good discussion to have, I'm not too sure of it myself.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
He has to get the Madrid job, it's too perfect for it not to happen. Even the Madrid fans who say that they don't want him would absolutely love the circus of it all.

He definitely wasn't a success in Madrid the first time around btw. Having Ronaldo in his prime with a great team behind him and not getting to a Champions League final in 3 years is inexcusable, the way they lost the Bayern and Dortmund semifinals was awful and definitely Mourinho's fault more than anyone else.

He did play a big part in changing the mentality and that has proven to be incredibly important for Madrid in the years after he's left. How big of a role he has actually played in Madrid's success in the years after he left is a good discussion to have, I'm not too sure of it myself.
He should move to China so we can forget about him and HE NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM PORTUGAL'S NATIONAL TEAM :mad: we already got the mini-Mourinho in Fernando Santos.

Kapardin

Exactly. We're a circus, and Mourinho is like a hungry lion. You let a hungry lion free in a circus with hundreds of people, see what happens
That's what we thought when we hired him. I remember one Chelsea fan tweeting, "United fans, you are not getting the old, charming, passionate Mourinho. You are getting a manager who's just bitter and nothing more".

Though it was sore grapes at the time, but it turned out to be true. Mourinho's changed. Earlier he used to unite the club and create a siege mentality using his charisma, but he doesn't have that passion and now simply refers to his past achievements all the time.

EDIT: Oh, you weren't supporting his appointment. Apologies, misconstrued your comment about a hungry lion.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He should move to China so we can forget about him and HE NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM PORTUGAL'S NATIONAL TEAM :mad: we already got the mini-Mourinho in Fernando Santos.
It’s going to happen eventually.

He’s the greatest Portuguese manager ever, there’s no chance he retires without managing the national team.

He could go on to relegate Real Madrid and he’d still end up being offered the job.

GM K

This is basically the thread where fierce Mourinho critics and passionate Mourinho supporters clash.

Let it go lads.

Water Melon

Not in a million years. Just because of the whole circus he brings with him. We're enough of a circus as it is.
I am sure all those rumours of Perez wanting to bring Jose back to Real were generated by Mendes. Florentino should be sane enough to avoid the toxic one. I can see you guys going for Poch in the summer.

Champagne Football

Jose got very lucky at Porto. We were bang average the year Porto dumped us out in the semi final. We had Howard in his first season goal who was very shakey. We had a defensive injury crisis and Quentin Fortune was playing. Then Porto got a bang average team in the final in Van Gaals Bayern. After that Jose went to Chelsea where he had 10 times more money than anyone else. He used to buy players he didn't need just so we wouldn't get them such as Ballack and Wright-Phillips. Jose in those days could replace a player with a 50 million new player the next day if a player had a bad game. At Inter he cleaned up because Juventus had been dumped in the division below. Inter were able to win the league in second gear while saving everything for the Champions League.

Tactically he has proven to be nothing more than a glorified Sam Allardyce but who can attract bigger names than Allardyce due to his language skills and connections with Jorge Mendes and massive spending power at clubs he's been at.

Kapardin

I am sure all those rumours of Perez wanting to bring Jose back to Real were generated by Mendes. Florentino should be sane enough to avoid the toxic one. I can see you guys going for Poch in the summer.
I think Allegri would be their #1 option, even over Poch.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I am with you on this one. Don't want him nowhere near the Portugal job. Fed up of watching shit football under Santos, no please stay away.

He was great in the past, even if its true international football is different than club football. If he doesn't get a job untill 2020 I am going to be worried, knowing who is his agent.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Yup, just like the PSG rumors last season, which helped him get his contract extended here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True sorry. It was a bang average Monaco team they got in the final.
Bang average Monaco who eliminated Bayern, Real Madrid and Chelsea on their way to finals?

They also won the group with Deportivo. That's a very good achievement.

Jose's time didn't work at ManUtd, it's fine, doesn't mean we have to rewrite history and shit on his achievements. However you put it, his achievements at Porto is just amazing and good chance it won't happen again in the near future. Europa league and CL in 2 seasons.

minoo-utd

After all what Keys said about him, I wonder how this going to be when he show up on BeIn sports at Arsenal vs Chelsea studio though!
Also heard that there was a previous agreement between the club and him, that he he is not allowed to talk about the reasons he was sacked.

roonster09

Scout
Jose got very lucky at Porto. We were bang average the year Porto dumped us out in the semi final. We had Howard in his first season goal who was very shakey. We had a defensive injury crisis and Quentin Fortune was playing. Then Porto got a bang average team in the final in Van Gaals Bayern. After that Jose went to Chelsea where he had 10 times more money than anyone else. He used to buy players he didn't need just so we wouldn't get them such as Ballack and Wright-Phillips. Jose in those days could replace a player with a 50 million new player the next day if a player had a bad game. At Inter he cleaned up because Juventus had been dumped in the division below. Inter were able to win the league in second gear while saving everything for the Champions League.

Tactically he has proven to be nothing more than a glorified Sam Allardyce but who can attract bigger names than Allardyce due to his language skills and connections with Jorge Mendes and massive spending power at clubs he's been at.
Inter didn't save up everything for CL. They won league title on last day of the season.

After round 34, Inter wasn't even at top of the league, they were 1 point behind Roma, who then lost their next game. At one point Inter had very good lead but during their CL knock out stages, they were in danger of losing the league.

Before Chelsea first leg, they had 5 point lead
Before Chelsea second leg, they had 1 point lead

Before CSKA first leg, they had 1 point lead
Before CSKA Second leg, they had 1 point lead

Before Barca first leg, they were trailing Roma by 1 point
Before Barca second leg, they had 2 point lead

So yeah, post is full of inaccuracies and just made to play down Jose's achievements.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
After all what Keys said about him, I wonder how this going to be when he show up on BeIn sports at Arsenal vs Chelsea studio though!
Also heard that there was a previous agreement between the club and him, that he he is not allowed to talk about the reasons he was sacked.
Started severance packages come with NDAs.
I hink Keys and Jose are just going to pretend like nothing has been said.

Champagne Football

Bang average Monaco who eliminated Bayern, Real Madrid and Chelsea on their way to finals?

Jose's time didn't work at ManUtd, it's fine, doesn't mean we have to rewrite history and shit on his achievements. However you put it, his achievements at Porto is just amazing and good chance it won't happen again in the near future. Europa league and CL in 2 seasons.
He's done amazing things but I feel the history books might not judge him as favourably as Jose would believe they should.

His first Chelsea team was amazing but his spending power was similar to what Man City have now with the only difference being City try to spend wisely and not over pay where as Jose's first Chelsea were happy to pay whatever it took to get a player. But the fact his first Chelsea team was electric was more down to Robben, Duff, Lampard and Essien as opposed to Jose's tactical genius, similar to how Bayern went from being bang average to very dangerous again once they signed Robben.

None of the big teams in Europe were firing on all cylinders the year Porto beat Monaco in the final. Similar to how Leicester won the Premier league. All the big clubs were out of sorts for some reason and Leicester capitalised. Is that down to Ranieri being the greatest genius in history or just the big clubs all going through transition amazingly in the same year?

Dortmund and Monaco have shown that repeating what Jose did at Porto is possible on a budget with the correct philosophy to develop youth. They've come close.

But I feel Jose will be remembered like Trapattoni. A manager who was once seen as invincible but who couldn't adapt with the dull defensive style to move with the times and got left behind.

Jose's time at Utd will be remembered as the time the spoiled child got everything he wanted but downed tools when he didn't get a shiny new toy

roonster09

Scout
He's done amazing things but I feel the history books might not judge him as favourably as Jose would believe they should.

His first Chelsea team was amazing but his spending power was similar to what Man City have now with the only difference being City try to spend wisely and not over pay where as Jose's first Chelsea were happy to pay whatever it took to get a player. But the fact his first Chelsea team was electric was more down to Robben, Duff, Lampard and Essien as opposed to Jose's tactical genius, similar to how Bayern went from being bang average to very dangerous again once they signed Robben.

None of the big teams in Europe were firing on all cylinders the year Porto beat Monaco in the final. Similar to how Leicester won the Premier league. All the big clubs were out of sorts for some reason and Leicester capitalised. Is that down to Ranieri being the greatest genius in history or just the big clubs all going through transition amazingly in the same year?

Dortmund and Monaco have shown that repeating what Jose did at Porto is possible on a budget with the correct philosophy to develop youth. They've come close.

But I feel Jose will be remembered like Trapattoni. A manager who was once seen as invincible but who couldn't adapt with the dull defensive style to move with the times and got left behind.

Jose's time at Utd will be remembered as the time the spoiled child got everything he wanted but downed tools
No one is arguing about Jose's time at Manutd or how he failed to adapt. It's that his first 8-10 years were brilliant and he achieved superb results and won shit loads of trophies. You can give excuse for everything but that doesn't change anything.

You can also say same about Pep, he won only because he had 2 of the greatest midfielders to play the game and the GOAT. Then he went to Bayern who had more financial power than any team in Bundesliga, pissed on teams by signing their rival players and then went to City who have more money than any club in the world.

Regarding teams having bad season, you can say that for any club. For example in 1999 when we beat Juventus they had poor season and then Bayern hit the post twice. In 2008, Chelsea hit the post twice and then Terry slipped, before that Barca were in transition period and Italian clubs were done by their scandals. When Barca won in 2009, it was huge controversy in semi finals. When Chelsea won in 2012, Barca hit the post few times and then Messi missed penalty. Like I said, you can make excuses for every title won.

End of the day, it means nothing as history will remember them for their achievements.

POF

Now that Mourinho is public enemy #1, all of his previous achievements were "lucky"? Absolute nonsense.

Nobody can doubt that he was one of the best managers in the world over the last 2 decades. He was charismatic, inspired his team and was tactically very astute. He was the one manager in the Premier League that I couldn't see United triumphing over. That Chelsea team was a winning machine and the players followed him with ****-like loyalty.

The Real Madrid spell completely broke him. He seemed to feel let down by the playing group and from that point on he never managed to have that same bond with his players again.

Tactically he is still very astute and talks a good game but tactics are only as good as the players who implement them and players only implement them well if they are behind the manager. His attitude to players went from a really positive relationship to seeing them as weak links who fail to properly implement his genius tactics.

That element he has lost was the true magic of Mourinho and he simply will never be the same manager again. That he is now a lesser manager and failed to succeed at United should not detract from the amazing job he did in previous roles.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Monaco didnt play Bayern in 2004

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Never change, Mourinho. Never change.
Cech was already agreed before Mourinho and Cech was the best keeper at Euro 2004 before he played for Chelsea
iirc, DeGea started for Man utd at even a younger age

captain666

In reality,who cares what's next for Jose!He has single handedly dragged this Clubs name through the mud,abused our players etc and done everything else within his power to reduce us to a middle table team.Even Novichok would seem like a breath of fresh air after this toxic cnut!

Riverized157

Supports
Benfica
The revisionism its strong in here. It goes to the point of downplaying what Mourinho has done at Porto and Inter. With Porto Mourinho not only won back to back championships - ending Porto 3 year trophyless run - but also won back to back european titles: the Uefa and the Champions League. This with a team that costed peanuts and in the age of the great Ac Milan side and the Real Madrid "Galacticos" - this is achievement alone will grant him a place in the history books.
He then went to conquer England with a record breaking Chelsea side and leaving behind a team that kept Chelsea winning titles for a decade.
With Inter, besides the back to back league titles he also won them the treble - only treble of an Italian side - beating in his way to the trophy the likes of Chelsea, Pep Guardiola all mighty Barcelona and Bayern: again this achievement alone will grant him a place in the record books.
Even in his Madrid passage he won them a League title - only one of the two Real has won in 10 years - and make them competitive again in the champions league: just remember that previous to Mourinho arrival Real had just went 8 consecutive years being dumped on the last 16: the last of them with the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Ramos, Marcelo and Xabi Alonso on the starting eleven.
After that in his second passage at Chelsea he still won them the league title, a cup and took them to a champions league semi final.
Now lets get to United, the job that granted him the "fraud" nick name. In his first year he won the Uefa Cup and a Cup securing United champions league football. In his second year he finished second, in front of the so called new generation top coachs Pochettino and Klopp and in his third year he was sabotaged in the pre-season with 0 backing from the board and publicly leaks about the board not acepting the names he suggest to the club: this passed the message to the players, press and Mourinho himself that he had no future at the club and set the tone for the miserable beginning of season that followed.
In short the only club Mourinho hasn´t won the league title was at United and even at United he won trophies including a european one so yeah the "fraud", like it or not, will be back managing a top clube come next summer and I would bet my house on it, will be back winning trophies again.

SirAF

Ageist
The revisionism its strong in here. It goes to the point of downplaying what Mourinho has done at Porto and Inter. With Porto Mourinho not only won back to back championships - ending Porto 3 year trophyless run - but also won back to back european titles: the Uefa and the Champions League. This with a team that costed peanuts and in the age of the great Ac Milan side and the Real Madrid "Galacticos" - this is achievement alone will grant him a place in the history books.
He then went to conquer England with a record breaking Chelsea side and leaving behind a team that kept Chelsea winning titles for a decade.
With Inter, besides the back to back league titles he also won them the treble - only treble of an Italian side - beating in his way to the trophy the likes of Chelsea, Pep Guardiola all mighty Barcelona and Bayern: again this achievement alone will grant him a place in the record books.
Even in his Madrid passage he won them a League title - only one of the two Real has won in 10 years - and make them competitive again in the champions league: just remember that previous to Mourinho arrival Real had just went 8 consecutive years being dumped on the last 16: the last of them with the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Ramos, Marcelo and Xabi Alonso on the starting eleven.
After that in his second passage at Chelsea he still won them the league title, a cup and took them to a champions league semi final.
Now lets get to United, the job that granted him the "fraud" nick name. In his first year he won the Uefa Cup and a Cup securing United champions league football. In his second year he finished second, in front of the so called new generation top coachs Pochettino and Klopp and in his third year he was sabotaged in the pre-season with 0 backing from the board and publicly leaks about the board not acepting the names he suggest to the club: this passed the message to the players, press and Mourinho himself that he had no future at the club and set the tone for the miserable beginning of season that followed.
In short the only club Mourinho hasn´t won the league title was at United and even at United he won trophies including a european one so yeah the "fraud", like it or not, will be back managing a top clube come next summer and I would bet my house on it, will be back winning trophies again.
Spot on.