What now for Dortmund (and the Bundesliga)?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It's proper weird. But Anchan was a Bayern fan. Maybe it's his twin brother who happens to be a Dortmund fan?
I remember you have said the same a few weeks ago too

I'm sure Anchan/Slig is a wum person

And of course he must now take a different club.....otherwise it would be to clear it's Anchan again ;)

- Both are german
- The Slig account is new since the Anchan was banned
- Both are writing everything in small letters
- Both are using nicknames for the players/bosses (As Bayern fan: Lewy, Man Utd, Kalle.......Dortmund fan: Susi, Schmelle, Auba, Micki)
- Both are really hating english clubs/media/press

Not a big deal...but i'm sure that is the case.....so many similarities.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

And of course he must now take a different club.....otherwise it would be to clear it's Anchan again ;)

- Both are german
- Both are using nicknames for the players/bosses (As Bayern fan: Lewy, Man Utd, Kalle.......Dortmund fan: Susi, Schmelle, Auba, Micki)

Oh you're actually serious about it? I was joking so far :lol:. But you could be on to something.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers

- Both are german

:eek::lol:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
His phrasing is almost identical to Anchan´s. You never know, but I´d bet that they are the same person. He always defended all german teams anyway. That said Anchan wasn´t a troll. He was just very very weird an confused.

Nanook

- Both are german

Slig was posting in 2014 and Anchan was banned in July 2015, also their writing styles don't really match up. I don't think they're the same person.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The thread has turned into a Derrick episode.:drool:

ottosec

To refer back to the question of the thread, which was where Dortmund is going in the future:

Right now a lot of what we do reminds me of the 2009-2010 period when Klopp constructed his bloody young highly talented team around a few experienced and proven players.

The difference to back then is that a lot of the signed youngsters are more on the radar of other clubs and that the quality of the academy prospects is generally higher. The expectations and stakes are higher now, but so is the quality of the remaining team. I would argue that even without Hummels, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan, our squad is still at least as strong as Leverkusen´s, which I see as the team closest to us in terms of squad strength.

When it came appearant that we would bleed more top quality players than the last years, we had basically two possible directions we could take: the first one would be to keep the vast majority of the squad together and try to replace the departed star players with big solutions and try to keep the loss of quality as low as possible. The second one and the one we are currently undergoing is to use the money, make the biggest overhaul in the squad since 2009 and tune the team towards Tuchel´s ideas and style to play. All talents and signed players so far create a picture of a team for me, which Tuchel strive to build:

- Bartra is supposed to fill the void of Hummels in terms of build up play from the back, is used to play in high possession teams and high defenses. He has still deficits in the tactitcal department and positioning, which are areas Tuchel is known for to develop well.

- Passlack and Guerreiro (this deal is according to reliable German and French sources all but done and will be announced later this week) are IMO very well suited for the respective Wingback roles, which Tuchel tried to establish in the second half of the season.

- Rode and Merino are two physically strong and dynamic ballwinning midfielders with big engines and wellrounded passing games to give us more control there and relief the creative midfielder (Kagawa/Castro) from pressure. This type of player was wanted by Tuchel the whole time.

- Dembele, Pulisic and Mor are all three extremely gifted offensive players in the technical department, but in slightly different ways. Dembele is nearly perfectly two footed (it is actually quite hard to see his stronger left foot sometimes), which make him a very strong user of feints and hard to defend in general as he can shoot or pass from pretty much every position. Pulisic is already very mature in his play, has very clever movement and good eye for space and very strong acceleration on the first meters. Mor is in terms of close control and first touch one of the best I have every seen at that age (this were the stupid Messi comparisions come from) and has a very agressive drive for the goal. All three are gifted dribblers, all three have the potential to work very well on limited space and beat the defender. These are the types of player you look for to unlock tight defenses and create space.

To put it in simpler words, Tuchel is currently building his team for the future which also tells me that he intends to stay for quite a while in Dortmund and develop these players. As supporter I was not this excited for the upcoming season for a long time. One of the biggest joys of football is watching youngsters who truly enjoy playing every week and see them growing in the process.
So basically you're back where you were 5-6 years ago, but now the difference between you and Bayern is bigger and the other teams in the league are weaker...

JPRouve

Scout
So basically you're back where you were 5-6 years ago, but now the difference between you and Bayern is bigger and the other teams in the league are weaker...
I don't understand this part, they are not back where they were 5 years ago.

ottosec

I don't understand this part, they are not back where they were 5 years ago.
They have a young team full of talented players that must grow for them to compete with the best, same as at the start of Klopp's time as manager? They are basically rebuilding all over instead of having a team full of top players in their prime, like they expected 5-6 years ago.

JPRouve

Scout
They have a young team full of talented players that must grow for them to compete with the best, same as at the start of Klopp's time as manager?
They have more than a young team, they have a very good starting eleven and unlike 5 years ago they have depth and more money.

ottosec

They have more than a young team, they have a very good starting eleven and unlike 5 years ago they have depth and more money.
2 very good players don't make a very good starting 11. Not to mention that one of them is injured half of the time...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They have a young team full of talented players that must grow for them to compete with the best, same as at the start of Klopp's time as manager? They are basically rebuilding all over instead of having a team full of top players in their prime, like they expected 5-6 years ago.
They have rougly 2.5 times the turnover compared to 10/11, a bunch of established stars and wonder kids instead of a band of nonames and some under the radar kids.
Not to mention squad depth.

Munkehboi

2 very good players don't make a very good starting 11. Not to mention that one of them is injured half of the time...
They have more than 2 very good players, Papa, Reus, Miki, Auba, Weigl have been brilliant. Add in Schemlzer, Kagawa Piszczek, Burki and Casrto, you have a strong team.

And yes, 2 very good players doesn't mean you have a good starting 11 however BvB do have a very good starting 11.

JPRouve

Scout
They only have 2 very good players? Weigl, Castro, Henrik are not very good players?

Sokratis and Henrik are better than Subotic and Kuba. Schmelzer, Piszczek, kagawa, Sahin and Bender were already there. If they replace Hummels, they have a far better roster.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09

- Both are german

äh what?
who is anchan? and why he was banned?

i can tell you that iam the first time here, after spending time at the newbies.
and calling bvb names like all bvb fans call them is not so unusual i think.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
It's proper weird. But Anchan was a Bayern fan. Maybe it's his twin brother who happens to be a Dortmund fan?
so i can truely tell iam really not this guy.:lol:
buy€rn fan, puh, i would shot myself if i would be a fan of this disguting arrogant regional appearance full of criminals. hillbillys who came to money, weißbier oktoberfest , the worst ugliest city in the country: münchen , get away with it :rolleyes:

ottosec

They only have 2 very good players? Weigl, Castro, Henrik are not very good players?

Sokratis and Henrik are better than Subotic and Kuba. Schmelzer, Piszczek, kagawa, Sahin and Bender were already there. If they replace Hummels, they have a far better roster.
Well, that's your opinion. In my eyes only Reus, Aubumeyang and Miki(who I didn't count because he almost certainly leaves this summer) are very good players. I guess our definitions of "very good players" are not the same. :)

You were right that they have more money and exposure now, tho. They seem to be everyone's second team these days, there is a big improvement there.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
:lol:
If Munich is so bad in being ugly does that mean it's actually the most beautiful city?
Maybe slig is @Balu in reality and he created the Balu account as his alter ego of what he aspires to be the same way Edward Norton creates Brad Pitt as his alter ego in Fight Club.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol:
If Munich is so bad in being ugly does that mean it's actually the most beautiful city?
Maybe slig is @Balu in reality and he created the Balu account as his alter ego of what he aspires to be the same way Edward Norton creates Brad Pitt as his alter ego in Fight Club.
My head hurts a little just reading this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Reus can't be happy seeing their best players leaving/ being rumoured to leave having signed a new contract this February.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
every bvb fans call zorc susi. its his nickname.
or are all the thousands of posters here just one person, cause they call fergie fergie?
what a logic!
It would be fine if you would do that on a Dortmund forum.........but otherwise it's just very wierd especially on a foreign forum.
I wouldn't say Fergie or Woody or Wazza or Adnan on a Dortmund forum or non-Man Utd forum.
buy€rn fan, puh, i would shot myself if i would be a fan of this disguting arrogant regional appearance full of criminals. hillbillys who came to money, weißbier oktoberfest , the worst ugliest city in the country: münchen , get away with it :rolleyes:
Hmmmhhh Anchan has said once the same about the city of Dortmund :lol:;)

However we should now end the debate about Slig aka Anchan or we all will probably get a ban :D

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Thing is: From reading comments on spox.com I know an "Anchan", obviously our very own Anchan. Bayern fan, writes exactly the same way in german as he did on here in english. I think slig is a metaphysical Anti-Anchan, born from our unconscious loinging to have him back. Don't know what kind of karmatic accident turned this entity into a Dortmund fan, though.

every bvb fans call zorc susi. its his nickname.
or are all the thousands of posters here just one person, cause they call fergie fergie?
what a logic!
That's EXACTLY what Anchan would've said. This is creepy...

Cantona'sCollar

Despite his eccentric exterior Aubameyang actually seems like a very down to earth guy in interviews, so I have no reason to believe that he would cause immense trouble to force a move and in general I wouldn't be against selling him if the offer is right (since as already mentioned I see him as a very good player, but ultimately replacable). However Dortmund already lost two important players this summer and they have to keep an eye on their team cohesion now, I'd also imagine that their chances of extending Mkhitaryans contract (how ever high or low they might be atm) would evaporate the instant they start selling players they don't have to.
Probably not, no. There's no reason for him to be unhappy at BVB, anyway. No doubt keeping Auba is high on the list of priorities, I just think it's possible he won't be there after a few seasons. I'd rather he stayed, of course. You're right about Miki, for sure. Maybe it's similar to our Rooney situation a few years ago.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
my brain hurts from reading the last page in this thread.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
buy€rn fan, puh, i would shot myself if i would be a fan of this disguting arrogant regional appearance full of criminals. hillbillys who came to money
that would be "hillbillies who *made* money by being more clever than all those non-hillbillies". Credit where credit is due.

Blackwidow

Hmmmhhh Anchan has said once the same about the city of Dortmund :lol:;)
The "regional appearance" in connection with Dortmund was an expression one of the Bayern officials some years ago did use. I cannot even remember anymore for what occasion it was and who did - probably an answer to some of Watzke's talks. It was during the fighting time - when Dortmund cut the meals together with the Bayern officials prior to the matches. Right now they seem "friends" again.

Nothing "Achnan-special" even if he might have used it...

Zilpzalp

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund's Head of Youth Development Ricken confirmed today that Orel Mangala is on his way to our U23s.

He's supposedly very gifted but I don't know anything about him, I don't even know what type of player he is (other than that he plays in central midfield).

Lorient's boss also confirmed that they came to an agreement with Dortmund regarding the sale of Guerreiro, so he'll probably be announced soon as well. He's supposedly a left back that loves to attack and is strong on the ball (technically gifted, good crossing), but is prone to getting exposed defensively because his positioning apparently isn't the best.

That would make him the 6th transfer made for our senior team, crazy.

Reactions: KM

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Thing is: From reading comments on spox.com I know an "Anchan", obviously our very own Anchan. Bayern fan, writes exactly the same way in german as he did on here in english. I think slig is a metaphysical Anti-Anchan, born from our unconscious loinging to have him back. Don't know what kind of karmatic accident turned this entity into a Dortmund fan, though.
I know that guy and i asked him once if he is the same person. He said no, but it's pretty obvious that he is.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund

That's EXACTLY what Anchan would've said. This is creepy...
Why in the world would you ever willlingly expose yourself to that level of stupidity?

Thats my contribution to the "super interesting" topic of the last two pages :P

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So far Dortmund has had a good transfer summer. I don't see any reason for concern with them, even if Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang were to leave.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
So far Dortmund has had a good transfer summer. I don't see any reason for concern with them, even if Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang were to leave.
If both were to leave, it certainly would set them back for next season. They may have a lot of promising new player material, but to replace the likes of Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan, they have to grow into their shoes first. Then there's still the possibility of disappointment with promising young talent. I certainly hope they can keep one of Auba and Micki, both of them if possible in any way.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
why was Anchan banned btw? I was a newbie then and thoroughly enjoyed his posts. :cool:
He banned himself as a true German.
It was an autobahn.
I'll get my coat.