Film What old movie or TV series could do with a remake / reboot?

vidic blood & sand

Remakes don't always work. - Miami Vice / Starsky & Hutch / The A-Team etc etc
What would you like to see brought back with a vengeance, at the risk of screwing it up completely?

AaronRedDevil

Game of Thrones. It old and dead to me!

In all seriousness. A remake of OZ would be cool.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you're going to remake a particular TV series or film I tend to always learn towards ones that ,maybe due to budget restraints or lacking certain aspects of producing a coherent story,had good/great ideas but lacked in execution.

If I was asked to suggest a remake at this present time,and this film is still relatively fresh in film goers minds,it would likely be Ridley Scott's grand science fiction movie,that underwhelmed audiences everywhere, Prometheus.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
How I met your mother?
This time they can actually focus on the mother and not on Aunt Robin.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think updating some 90s Sci Fi films with today's CGI / Technology might be interesting... Stuff like Screamers, Dark City, Event Horizon or Demolition Man...

Though it didn't work for Total Recall and remakes are largely crap regardless.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
it would likely be Ridley Scott's grand science fiction movie,that underwhelmed audiences everywhere, Prometheus.
The only thing that let this down for me were the actors. Seriously, who the eff cast that film? Everyone in it bar Fassbender was achingly shit. If the cast was better that film could have been great.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Literally perfect as it is
Definitely.

I watched The Howling the other day which is equally good but has a few dodgy bits like the stop-motion wolves and the weird animation after the shagging scene. That could be a good remake but it'd be an annoying kids in the wood film.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The only thing that let this down for me were the actors. Seriously, who the eff cast that film? Everyone in it bar Fassbender was achingly shit. If the cast was better that film could have been great.

You need to watch it again and listen to the stupid script and notice the terrible shit decisions of everybody. Acting is way down the list of problems.

Volumiza

You need to watch it again and listen to the stupid script and notice the terrible shit decisions of everybody. Acting is way down the list of problems.
I watched it not long ago. I know what you mean but I still found myself just wishing for better actors. They were all so shot the film never had a hope ... anyway, I agree, remake it and do it properly.

Volumiza

What I’d say is that keeping it the same and doing it sensitively I would say digitally put a better shark in Jaws. I know I know, it’s an amazing film and one of my faves but I’d like to see this done. Same actors, same script everything just the shark.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Definitely Dune but I think that's already underway. The original is cool though.
Cannot wait. I pray daily to the god of ‘please don’t screw this up’.
It’s going to be fantastic. A two part film directed by Dennis Villeneuve. Along with Alex Garland, he has to be the best sci-fi director out there right now. Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 a wonderful sci-fi films for true fans of the genre. Plus his other work, on Prisoners and Sicario, was bloody terrific. Added to that a cast that includes Timothy Chalamet, Oscar Isaac, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Charlotte Rampling, Stellan Sarskgard, and Dave Bautista, and this film looks like it’ll be fantastic.

Unfortunately it also has Jason Momoa, who might be the most clueless wooden lump ever put in front of a camera; but you can’t win everything.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I would like another movie of the Riddick Chronicles.
In fact, after thinking about that movie I searched and apparently they already have the script for the fourth :drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
ha ha, no actor could make that film great.

Absolute piece of utter shite. Which poster here loves it?
I love Prometheus for its ideas. The documentary The Furious Gods : The Making Of Prometheus ,the best thing to come out of the film, is well worth a watch. The idea's Ridley and crew were throwing around were fantastic.
But the execution,story wise, was just awful.

Just a major disappointment,more so as this was Scott's reintroduction into coming back into Sci-Fi.

Withnail

If you're going to remake a particular TV series or film I tend to always learn towards ones that ,maybe due to budget restraints or lacking certain aspects of producing a coherent story,had good/great ideas but lacked in execution.

If I was asked to suggest a remake at this present time,and this film is still relatively fresh in film goers minds,it would likely be Ridley Scott's grand science fiction movie,that underwhelmed audiences everywhere, Prometheus.
Give it a logical plot this time

Withnail

This was the massive problem for me.

It was like no thought went into why anything was happening.

Oh another character decides to do something incredibly dumb which puts them and/or everyone around them in danger.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I really loved Quantum Leap when I was a kid.

i think a new version of that could work.

Fingeredmouse

If it was rewritten, re-edited and rescored too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Citizen...Trump.