What will you do if LVG stays next season?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
From being the hero to zero in the spawn of 2 years. With all the criticism about dull football, people tend to forget we can win a trophy that hasnt been won since 2004. Yes that should not neglect the fact that we have had ups and a major down this season, but we are still up there trying to fight for the top 4. The players are winning and clearly they still care and havent given up. The Post Fergie era has shown us that we were habituated in winning silverware and the standard was the Premier League title or nothing. Anyway, that standard is gone, we are in a rebuilding phase and the advantage with Van Gaal is that the young players are breaking through and they are making a name for themselves.

What to do if LVG stays for a third season ? You support your club, thats what you should do.
I will be really happy for the players if we win the F.A. Cup and the long suffering fans. I just pray that we do win it and yes I will still support the club. Doesn't mean I have to like or respect the manager.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Can't believe how submissive most of you are.

Would be a total, sh*t-coated middle finger from Woodward & co to ourselves. You don't have to bend over and let them insert it too.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It'll just be toxic. Just like Liverpool at the start of this season. Brendan didn't even lose that many matches but the crowd had had enough.

I'd try to avoid all things United,get curious,visit this site,then fail my boycott within days.

I can't take anymore of Van Gaal. I've reached a point where I hate him. It's just football yes,and maybe I shouldn't be taking it so seriously.

Dir Wangem

Rent 19 planes. One for each home game in the league.

Or just sit angry in front of my computer, like most of you:p

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I shall order him pizza at 3 am, triple cheese for every trophy he better win this time.

devil in me

I think they will find a lot who feel like you. Will still support the club, but will decide to do it from afar. They take fans loyalty for granted and that they will pay out no matter what.
Yeah mate its the same sort of thing for a lot of fans I speak to....and that's just the ones I know so I assume it's the same for many others too. It's not that I'm backing away from the club or anything like that, it's simply that it costs a hell of a lot of money to go to a game and if we are serving up the type of performances like today, Villa the other week, Southampton (3 of the most pathetic, diabolical performances in recent history), then whats the point in going and getting no enjoyment whatsoever out of it? And if LVG stays I just can't see how it will be any different....

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Doesn't mean I have to like or respect the manager.
Very true.

What is "Manchester United"? Many different things to many different people, I should say. But whatever it is, it certainly isn't "Louis Van Gaal" or any other individual.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm a United fan, so I'll probably just keep doing that. I'm not the type to write open letters to the board - I'd rather snigger at other people's. It'll just watch United and moan about United. Until things improve. For 99% of football fans that is the deal. If you don't like it go and support Chelsea. Ok not Chelsea...Leicester.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Arrange one of those airplane banners for the first game next season. :mad:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
will continue watching, wont be happy if lvg is still there but will continue cheering on the team.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I will be really happy for the players if we win the F.A. Cup and the long suffering fans. I just pray that we do win it and yes I will still support the club. Doesn't mean I have to like or respect the manager.
what do you mean by long suffering fans?

lysglimt

Scout
Hope we play better football, hope he continues giving youngsters a chance - and hope we continue signing really talented youngster like Martial and Chong.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I can't imagine how this place will be if he stays. I'd want him gone for that reason alone. That or I may have to quit the caf. It's been shite enough this season. Atmosphere at OT will probably be toxic too. But surely even if LVG stays, it can't get any worse than it has this season?

Green_Red

Putting 10 outfield players on the pitch yesterday that hadnt a goal between them in 12 games says a lot about LvG. I seriously wonder what he is writing in his notebook and what its being used for because if he didnt know that stat before picking yesterdays team then he is a massive fraudster.

We have had some decent results under him though, Arsenal at home was immense. City away. Hes brought through a few younger ones that he had no choice but to play because of huge injusy list, so he was foreced to do it but it was done. He stumbled on the 433 last season through the same issue, injuries.

If he is still here it wont stop me watching though, just fear for my blood pressure is all.

Amir

I can't imagine how this place will be if he stays. I'd want him gone for that reason alone. That or I may have to quit the caf. It's been shite enough this season. Atmosphere at OT will probably be toxic too. But surely even if LVG stays, it can't get any worse than it has this season?
If our rivals get it together, it could be a whole lot worse. I see no reason to believe LVG has something else to offer us.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I simply refuse to believe LVG will be here next season.

LVG has made it very clear that his aim is to score 1 goal per game and his preferred score line is 1-0.
To play risk averse football where very few mistakes are made.
We started this towards the end of last season (scoring 3 goals in 6 games) and continued it throughout this season.
And I think right now, he has perfected his brand of football...which is horrendously boring to watch.
Unfortunately, when we come up against good opposition (in the CL), we'll be treated as fodder and shall be bounced out of the group stages.
As for buying Galactico class players - they won't join while LVG is here, that's for certain.

But in any case...he won't be here next season. ;)

entropy

what would be the attraction? Am genuinely interested. Im finding very few reasons at all to retain my interest.

The worse aspect is the Giggs angle: a man who is meant to represent all the great things the club stands for. I feel dirty when I think about him. He is no doubt a Football playing legend, but I can't fathom him as the leader of a club followed by millions.
:lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
As a committed atheist, I'll begin praying every night for the best and ask God to be merciful to us poor United fans :lol:

But seriously, I'll continue the same as ever - hope for the best, expect the worst. Hopefully laugh at one of our rivals doing worse than us in the Premier League, or - failing that - at Leeds :D

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Will camp outside his house every day and plead with him to resign every day.

Gazza

Will start the new season hoping for the best, just like last year, then allow the football on display to take effect. I was watching all our games in full until some time in December this season, when it became more sporadic. Same will probably happen next year. United will always take precedence over my Saturday's until it becomes too mind numbingly dull to allow it to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will be hopeful for him leaving the next summer and looking forward to the next year without him... eternal optimist eh? Watching United wise, same as this season really. Just be bored out of my mind week after week.

stubie

Do what I have done this season which is take more interest in the U21s

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
But surely even if LVG stays, it can't get any worse than it has this season?
That's actually an interesting question.

We'll probably bring in some players, and they'll probably be fairly good. Perhaps Woody will even throw the old warchest at a world beater - who knows? In theory, we'll improve to some extent from simply upgrading the players, so unless we actually regress tactically/cohesion wise, well - you'd think it can't get any worse as such.

Then again, the teams around us could easily (and plausibly) improve. Some of them dramatically so.

We could lose Dave - that's another thing. Could happen regardless, of course - but it's a factor. The present incarnation of United have been saved on numerous occasions by Dave's heroics. If we don't improve tactically/cohesion wise, we'll certainly suffer from losing our best player.

As for the fans - well, that seems clear. If we don't improve to a significant degree, things will get positively ugly next season. It can get much worse than what we've seen so far.

Eriku

Hope that he can do better in his third season. I think he can, though I'm not 100% convinced.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
That's actually an interesting question.

We'll probably bring in some players, and they'll probably be fairly good. Perhaps Woody will even throw the old warchest at a world beater - who knows? In theory, we'll improve to some extent from simply upgrading the players, so unless we actually regress tactically/cohesion wise, well - you'd think it can't get any worse as such.

Then again, the teams around us could easily (and plausibly) improve. Some of them dramatically so.

We could lose Dave - that's another thing. Could happen regardless, of course - but it's a factor. The present incarnation of United have been saved on numerous occasions by Dave's heroics. If we don't improve tactically/cohesion wise, we'll certainly suffer from losing our best player.

As for the fans - well, that seems clear. If we don't improve to a significant degree, things will get positively ugly next season. It can get much worse than what we've seen so far.
I do share your thoughts. If our opponents can improve then why can't we? We've seen barely escape relegation only to win the league next season. So I don't get why our fans would want to start the season in a pessimistic mood if LvG stays. If we make top 4 and/or win FA Cup, that'd be would be some consolidation, considering this is probably our worst non-moyes season in decades. If this is as bad as it gets as a united fan, then I'm glad I am.

If our rivals get it together, it could be a whole lot worse. I see no reason to believe LVG has something else to offer us.
If Chelsea an co can get their shit together then so can't we? I'm strangely optimistic even if LvG stays.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Still support us no matter what, the club is bigger than any one person and always will be. Might not agree with Louis being here but I'll still always hope to win games. My expectations of the season probably won't be very high though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If van Gaal is still here next season, I will:

1. Expect United to be a lot worse than this season.
2. Expect the van Gaal followers to come out in force blindly following that moron and making excuses for him week after week.
3. Make sure I avoid the United / Boro games!
4. Keep my Thursday evenings free.
5. Not bother renewing my One United membership.
6. Put £100 on United to be relegated.
7. Put £100 on Leicester City to win the Champions League (unrelated I know, but what the hell!)
8. Get back in the gym!
9. Develop an unhealthy yearning for all things Liverpool.
10. Cry myself to sleep every night.