What will you do if LVG stays next season?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Probably get in more funny conversations about cyclists and gaming not being a sport in the General.

Will Absolute

Cancel my MUTV subscription. Go to the dogs.

(There's a dog track down the road from my place. I've been trying to cultivate an interest in greyhounds. Doing internet research etc. The long tail is still a bit of a turn off, but I reckon I could grow to love it in time. Frankly I'm hoping it won't come to that. My fate is in Ed Woodward's hands)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I will still watch matches but i won't spend a penny on tickets or merchandise.

Perrick Dubois

Same as I have done this season. Work a lot, which sucks. But at the end of the day, one more year of Van Gaal will really hurt a lot of fans and I don't blame them. I'm pretty patient, I knew coming into this that Van Gaal was going to struggle trying to implement his ideas unless he adapted. He flinched and then everything went ultra defensive and in a possession based system that just results in a lot of the ball, barely any shots and some boring, boring as all hell football.

For any other club I'd probably say you know what, fair enough. But after watching this club put teams to the sword for two decades playing up tempo, in your face knock'em'dead football I don't think the transition was ever going to be an easy one to make possession football work. In this league there is to much reliance on 50-50 and to much reliance on facing banks of four unless you open the game up and make it a slug-fest from the first minute.

The saddest part is the players look like they don't even care what is happening and that hits a club like ours in the balls big time.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Cancel my MUTV subscription. Go to the dogs.

(There's a dog track down the road from my place. I've been trying to cultivate an interest in greyhounds. Doing internet research etc. The long tail is still a bit of a turn off, but I reckon I could grow to love it in time. Frankly I'm hoping it won't come to that. My fate is in Ed Woodward's hands)
you can do all that and still follow United. Keep the Faith

Devil may care

Skip the PL, plenty of other leagues. Keeping him is basically the club pissing on the fans.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still watch and support United of course. It's a game after all. As long as the Glazers are in charge, they'll be happy with Woodward generating plenty of money. Only when the money dries out, they'll be concerned about our footballing success. That's when Woodward as an executive will be questioned. Until then one has to accept things are the way they are. You can protest and boycott the club, but it's not gonna change much unless you're capable of rallying a massive group of people behind you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed as hell about the situation, but what's the point in getting too worked up about it if I can't change a thing?

EDIT: I will say this though, if the football doesn't improve one bit, I will not waste my time on United games anymore. I'm a United fan, but I also want to see good, competitive football.

Devil may care

club has been pissing on the fans for years. Its not just about winning trophies. But this board is all about Revenue. Not following United though is not an option for many.
My view isn't based on results either, it's the disgraceful soul crushing football this arrogant dinosaur peddles. We keep hearing all this rhetoric about the United way yet keep a man in charge who is the very antitheses of our football identity, him being forced to play a few kids through injury doesn't change that.

Adebesi

This discussion forum is almost universal in agreement that Louis Van Gaal should leave his job as manager of Manchester United. I don't think many care if he is retired early, resigns or even sacked: the majority just want him gone.

But we have not really discussed what any one of us would so if he remains our manager next season.I simply can't bear watching this team anymore because I struggle to find common values or desires with them:

1) The football is rubbish.
2) Our captain is paid similar to Ronaldo/Messi but has been outshone by 2 teenagers.
3) Our assistant manager is a sex addict.
4) Our team has too many over rated players on inflated salaries who don't seem to care as much as I do.
All of the above are a direct consequence of how they have been led by Louis Van Gaal.

I think I might be done, at least for the time being. I don't mind not winning the league or even every other game. But Im hating myself for supporting an organisation who have forgotten what made them special. Watching Leicester City celebrate this afternoon really crystallised that this evening.

So what will you do?

For the first time in 35 years, I think I'd boycott at least the first month or so of next season.
I would formally write to the board expressing my severe anger and contempt.
I'd look for the most suitable mass protest platform and invest my energies there instead.
Don't think Van Gaal can be blamed for that one.

But pedantry aside, I'll be pissed off and continue as before.

Dong Fangzhuo

He's taken a lot of the joy of watching and following United out of it, but I'm not going to pretend like there's any chance of me turning my back and finding something else to do with my time. I'd watch the games and complain about them on the internet, just like I've done for the past 2 seasons.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
My view isn't based on results either, it's the disgraceful soul crushing football this arrogant dinosaur peddles. We keep hearing all this rhetoric about the United way yet keep a man in charge who is the very antitheses of our football identity, him being forced to play a few kids through injury doesn't change that.
pretty much agree.

the bigger feeling for me is that for many years even when we were winning things, I've seen the money men slowly taking away what I grew up dreaming about. Waking up with Manchester United in my heart and going to my dreams with United. Following United has come at a cost for me personally. It feels a bit like someone has robbed my dreams. But they cannot rob my memories.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don't think Van Gaal can be blamed for that one.
The pregnancy test result being positive is about the only thing Louis hasn't taken credit for.

roykeane19

What alot of the people who are saying, that they will continue to support the club maybe are missing is this. We have a 76,000 capacity stadium, are the biggest club in England, and one of the biggest in the world. Commercially we are in top 2 in terms of how much revenue we generate. For the last 3 seasons weve finished 7th, 4th, and this seasons look like we`ll be 5th.

On top of that our chances created and goals, are at the level of clubs in the bottom 4. Along with the obvious lack of any passion from our players and manager, there is no flair,no pace. Were one of the most boringest sides to watch. So for the life of me, I dont see how pople can have such low standards all of a sudden from a club that on average won the Pl title every 2 years, and were known for our spirit, flair , and drama of our matches

Just look at the shit weve become, after all the money spent, action has to be taken, even if higher ups care or not, fans should show their displeasure. Main problem to me is our fans dont act like the fans of the other big clubs in Spain, and Germany, The other teams would go crazy if their teams performed how bad we have, thered be booing from the crowd for the whole 90 min if Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern were in 5th place, and struggling for CL qualification after spending 250mill. And those are the clubs who we are supposed to be on the same level as

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Get behind the team of course.

You guys do realize over our lifetimes we will see worse seasons than this one right? I know the football has been painfully boring but there will be much lower lows.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United are a drug.

Can't just kick into oblivion a habit of a lifetime. Basically, carry on going to games and bitching. I probably don't make sense, but when has spending so much time, energy and money in a team of spoilt young men kicking a ball made reasonable sense?

Man-United

I'm going to crumble like a wreck, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge

NK86

I have already reached a stage where I get engrossed in other errands during a United game - something that has never happened before. If LVG continues next season, I will watch the start with the same hope as every season but if things don't improve or get worse (which I think could well be the case) I will not block my weekends for United any more. As things stand, I have already stopped staying up for midweek fixtures as I know they will put me to sleep anyway.

wr8_utd

:'(
I've missed watching a lot of games this season and that will probably continue.

togg

The same as I have done for 30 plus years...carry on supporting, carry on watching and carry on hoping! I've certainly been through longer mediocre times and more barren times that is for sure.

wr8_utd

:'(
Get behind the team of course.

You guys do realize over our lifetimes we will see worse seasons than this one right? I know the football has been painfully boring but there will be much lower lows.
I am fine with worse seasons but I just can't see United play the way we do right now. It's embarrassing that a club of our stature has only 44 goals right now.

POF

This discussion forum is almost universal in agreement that Louis Van Gaal should leave his job as manager of Manchester United. I don't think many care if he is retired early, resigns or even sacked: the majority just want him gone.

But we have not really discussed what any one of us would so if he remains our manager next season.I simply can't bear watching this team anymore because I struggle to find common values or desires with them:

1) The football is rubbish.
2) Our captain is paid similar to Ronaldo/Messi but has been outshone by 2 teenagers.
3) Our assistant manager is a sex addict.
4) Our team has too many over rated players on inflated salaries who don't seem to care as much as I do.
All of the above are a direct consequence of how they have been led by Louis Van Gaal.

I think I might be done, at least for the time being. I don't mind not winning the league or even every other game. But Im hating myself for supporting an organisation who have forgotten what made them special. Watching Leicester City celebrate this afternoon really crystallised that this evening.

So what will you do?

For the first time in 35 years, I think I'd boycott at least the first month or so of next season.
I would formally write to the board expressing my severe anger and contempt.
I'd look for the most suitable mass protest platform and invest my energies there instead.
Bit harsh to blame LVG for number 3!

I'll do what I do every time the club makes a decision I don't agree with. Try to convince myself it was the right decision after all despite the clear evidence to the contrary.

Adebesi

What alot of the people who are saying, that they will continue to support the club maybe are missing is this. We have a 76,000 capacity stadium, are the biggest club in England, and one of the biggest in the world. Commercially we are in top 2 in terms of how much revenue we generate. For the last 3 seasons weve finished 7th, 4th, and this seasons look like we`ll be 5th.

On top of that our chances created and goals, are at the level of clubs in the bottom 4. Along with the obvious lack of any passion from our players and manager, there is no flair,no pace. Were one of the most boringest sides to watch. So for the life of me, I dont see how pople can have such low standards all of a sudden from a club that on average won the Pl title every 2 years, and were known for our spirit, flair , and drama of our matches

Just look at the shit weve become, after all the money spent, action has to be taken, even if higher ups care or not, fans should show their displeasure. Main problem to me is our fans dont act like the fans of the other big clubs in Spain, and Germany, The other teams would go crazy if their teams performed how bad we have, thered be booing from the crowd for the whole 90 min if Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern were in 5th place, and struggling for CL qualification after spending 250mill. And those are the clubs who we are supposed to be on the same level as
Don't think anybody has missed that. I think some people just feel inclined to support the team through good times and bad. Rather than cheer them on in the good times and then lose interest when the going gets tough for whatever reason.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well I've already bought 4 season tickets so will be going but I hope it's not under the management of LVG. As even if we won the league this brand of football is tumescent. Klopp has it right imo and we have better players than them lot.

Adebesi

I dont mean to sound excessively self righteous there, I'm an armchair fan, my support doesn't cost me much, or earn much for the club (tho I guess indirectly the TV deal that has enriched all clubs is build on people like me). If match goers are bored and don't want to give money to the regime I'm hardly going to look down my nose at that. As a non Manc, who hasn't been to Old Trafford in nearly 10 years I've been looked down on as a second class supporter myself and have no interest in judging or grading others' support. But I'm not going to suspend my feelings for the club because I don't like the manager or we aren't scoring enough goals or whatever. If I did, personally i think I'd feel like an imposter cheering them on when they turn things around.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I will have high expectations. I have slept on this. Unlike LvG I expect Manchester United to be aiming for the top. Manchester United should be going into every season with thoughts of winning everything, not trying to get into the CL. You can't always win, but we should be trying and I am not sure they are. These players should be wanting medals and more medals. If they don't they shouldn't be at Manchester United.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm more hopeful than have high expectations these days. The defeats hurt a lot less these days mostly due to not competing at the top.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am fine with worse seasons but I just can't see United play the way we do right now. It's embarrassing that a club of our stature has only 44 goals right now.
Fair enough. To each his own. But I will personally cheer my team on even if they are embarrassing.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He won't though, it is exactly what we need. I would respect him for that. He will sign kids who are so grateful to be playing for Manchester United and getting massive wages and he can manipulate and brainwash. There is no way he will sign anyone who will question what he is doing.
:lol:

fecking hell.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
What alot of the people who are saying, that they will continue to support the club maybejust need to accept that are missing is this. We have a 76,000 capacity stadium, are the biggest club in England, and one of the biggest in the world. Commercially we are in top 2 in terms of how much revenue we generate. For the last 3 seasons weve finished 7th, 4th, and this seasons look like we`ll be 5th.

To be honest, the way that some fans show their displeasure is outright laughable. When the Madridistas start waving the white hankies I don't view it as a valid cry for change: it just looks like the actions of a bunch of spoiled, impatient cry-babies. The fact that it usually happens when it's November, they're 2nd in the league (within 6 points of the top team/s) and still playing in the Champions League just compounds the impression that their sense of entitlement has outgrown the basic reality of them being one of a small number of very good football teams.

Likewise, charting planes to launch your airborne grumbles is just as bad - if not worse. Especially when it comes so close to the end of a period of sustained, relentless success. If you're charting a plane then you're blind to the fact that we finally got sucked down by footballing gravity. Most clubs have these cycles every few years, but Ferguson's once-in-a-lifetime genius defied those laws. Now he's gone, we're learning what it felt like for all the other clubs over the past 20 years.

Nobody wants us to be boring. Nobody wants us to start classing 4th place as a good season. We all want success and, with a few signings and a decent manager we'll get there. Yes, this season has been massively frustrating - we haven't made the strides we expected. But it's a mis-step rather than the end of the world so, for now, you might just need to take a deep breath, hope we make the Champions League and get geared up for next season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Already decided not to spend any money on tickets or merchandise. Would have binned Sky except I mostly watch other sports and re football - it's pretty much 99% of the time United matches. If we carry on the same shit next season, I won't hesitate to switch over or off.
At least I won't have to miss my tennis matches when they clash with United playing.

Otherwise, just hope we don't have an even bigger disaster next season.

DomesticTadpole

Already decided not to spend any money on tickets or merchandise. Would have binned Sky except I mostly watch other sports and re football - it's pretty much 99% of the time United matches. If we carry on the same shit next season, I won't hesitate to switch over or off.
At least I won't have to miss my tennis matches when they clash with United playing.

Otherwise, just hope we don't have an even bigger disaster next season.
The same here. I don't have Sky Sports, but I think they are giving the odd game free next year anyway. I have BT Sports, who are really annoying, but I like watching their coverage of other foreign leagues. I also enjoy watching the baseball. The only ones I can hit are MUTV as I only watch the U-21 and am very rarely inclined to rewatch the first team games. Once is once too often sometimes.

Jazz

The same here. I don't have Sky Sports, but I think they are giving the odd game free next year anyway. I have BT Sports, who are really annoying, but I like watching their coverage of other foreign leagues. I also enjoy watching the baseball. The only ones I can hit are MUTV as I only watch the U-21 and am very rarely inclined to rewatch the first team games. Once is once too often sometimes.
Make sure MUTV know the reason why you're not renewing.

Can't let the club treat us like shit. Not because some of us think it won't make a difference, doesn't mean we shouldn't try. The only thing they understand is money (and the loss of it), and losing viewers.

DomesticTadpole

Make sure MUTV know the reason why you're not renewing.

Can't let the club treat us like shit. Not because some of us think it won't make a difference, doesn't mean we shouldn't try. The only thing they understand is money (and the loss of it), and losing viewers.
It's a dilemma. You want to do this and then at the back of your mind you are thinking, what if they are a lot better next season? What if they sign some actual big names that will make all the difference. Knowing me I will hang on and hang on and be in the same situation next season. I could always cancel it until pre-season and give my reason why. I am all of a dither. Dammit.:(
Isn't this the problem we have and the club know it. That deep down we will never desert out team. Dammit again. That we will put up with utter dross out of loyalty.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
LVG has made it very clear that his aim is to score 1 goal per game and his preferred score line is 1-0.
But in any case...he won't be here next season. ;)
Has he actually said this? Because I find it hard to believe any manager of a big club would...
And hopefully just 3 games till he's gone :)

Jazz

It's a dilemma. You want to do this and then at the back of your mind you are thinking, what if they are a lot better next season? What if they sign some actual big names that will make all the difference. Knowing me I will hang on and hang on and be in the same situation next season. I could always cancel it until pre-season and give my reason why. I am all of a dither. Dammit.:(
Oh they will get some players. The problem is VG ain't for changing. It will be the same shit with some positives in between. It's obvious top four will be extremely difficult to get into next season, and by the time he figures things out (he's usually slow on the uptake), we will more than likely be far away from where we need to be.

All waiting for the end of the FA Cup final to see the club's decision, then will do what I planned.

Don't worry DT, the club will have to come to its senses sooner or later, and then you can get another subscription - it's not like they would refuse to renew it!:D