What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

Because we are talking about Inter and not PSG or Madrid here. They are going to be limited in how much they can spend on one player, and frankly, if we can get 65m for Lukaku then we should snatch it and move on.
Then if they cannot afford the transfer fee, stop messing around. £75m, cash. no player swap, no loan deal. If you cannot afford it, jog on.

buckooo1978

so where are his likely destinations.....

I can only really see 3 main clubs (FFP will be a major issue though)

Juve, Madrid and PSG are an outside bet

Juve arent going to spend more than Ronaldo money are they? Cancelo and Costa plus cash would be interesting additions but when do those kind of deals actually happen. I'd say those players would be looking top dollar so it's hard to see it all coming together especially given they've already brought in Ramsey. I quite like Bentacour

Madrid look most obvious but arent they needing to shift a lot of players after spending so much so far.... we dont want Bale and it's difficult to see where he will end up... maybe FFP is a lot of balls and they will pay the money but it could be a late on - they've a number of interesting players (Isco/Cellabos)

also PSG would fit the profile of a club who'd compete for Pogba - not sure about the financial implications though

I think we want to hold onto him and he's got a long enough contract for us to have the power in the situation. We dont have to sell and we can play hardball in terms of a fee

you have to ask yourself though - can we afford to keep players who aren't committed given how many disnt seem to give a feck last year

El Zoido

And lose our best player at precisely the time we need to be strengthening the team.

Say we get £150m for him, who are we going to sign who is better? No point in just amassing money for the sake of it, as that will go straight into the Glazers’ pockets.
We’re not going to sign anyone better, let’s get that out of the way immediately. But we must demand £150m or more, and reinvest it ALL in two or more quality players, market depending. My worry is that the Glazers will just want to pocket most of it.

BeltUp

Supports
United
We’re not going to sign anyone better, let’s get that out of the way immediately. But we must demand £150m or more, and reinvest it ALL in two or more quality players, market depending. My worry is that the Glazers will just want to pocket most of it.
If we ended up signing AWB, Fernandes, Maguire, James and one of Bale (on loan) or Sancho, I'd be fairly happy. That being on the premise that we only lost Pogba and Lukaku from the first 11. Anything less that that would be worrying.

Dve

United need a RM and someone who can serve the attackers with balls in the backroom. I´d be happy to see any deal involving Ødegaard (+80-100).

Fernandes, Rabiot, Tielemans, Ødegaard. I´d be over the moon.

TRUERED89

Sky Sports reporting:-
"Manchester United expect Paul Pogba to remain at club next season".

McUnited

If Pogba leaves this summer, it should be confirmed as late as possible. Otherwise other clubs will see that we have an additional £100m+ in the kitty to splash, and will adjust their prices accordingly for any players we want to sign.

TRUERED89

Juve arent going to spend more than Ronaldo money are they? Cancelo and Costa plus cash would be interesting additions but when do those kind of deals actually happen. I'd say those players would be looking top dollar so it's hard to see it all coming together especially given they've already brought in Ramsey. I quite like Bentacour

Madrid look most obvious but arent they needing to shift a lot of players after spending so much so far.... we dont want Bale and it's difficult to see where he will end up... maybe FFP is a lot of balls and they will pay the money but it could be a late on - they've a number of interesting players (Isco/Cellabos)

also PSG would fit the profile of a club who'd compete for Pogba - not sure about the financial implications though

I think we want to hold onto him and he's got a long enough contract for us to have the power in the situation. We dont have to sell and we can play hardball in terms of a fee

you have to ask yourself though - can we afford to keep players who aren't committed given how many disnt seem to give a feck last year
Exactly, do we really want a season of Pogba sulking and causing turmoil in the dressing room..?

GiddyUp

He's going nowhere and will set the tone for the start of the season by being a moody bastard. I would actually prefer to keep Lukaku for a season instead of an uncommitted Paul Pogba.

Roger777

Don't care where he ends up or if we have to lose out on a few quid. Just get shot of the rodent.

George The Best

Then if they cannot afford the transfer fee, stop messing around. £75m, cash. no player swap, no loan deal. If you cannot afford it, jog on.
£75m - really? Worth double than that to us. Clubs would snap our hands off for that price. He’s got 2+1 years on his contract. We are getting fleeced by every club we are trying to buy from. £90m for Maguire, £70m for AWB etc - time for us to play hardball too.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
£75m - really? Worth double than that to us. Clubs would snap our hands off for that price. He’s got 2+1 years on his contract. We are getting fleeced by every club we are trying to buy from. £90m for Maguire, £70m for AWB etc - time for us to play hardball too.
I think he’s talking about Lukaku, not Pogba.

bonothom

Don't think Pogbas going anywhere. He has too many instagram followers for Ed to sell him. Screw what's best for United the football team all that matters is what's best for United the business.

bonothom

A fair price? On how he's played for United probably 50p but in today's bonkers transfer market where Harry Maguire is valued at £80 million then United should be getting at least £140million. Trouble is I don't think Real Madrid can afford him and United are gonna be stuck with a disruptive player who doesn't want to be there.

TRUERED89

A fair price? On how he's played for United probably 50p but in today's bonkers transfer market where Harry Maguire is valued at £80 million then United should be getting at least £140million. Trouble is I don't think Real Madrid can afford him and United are gonna be stuck with a disruptive player who doesn't want to be there.
Yep I've been saying the same thing, I think Madrid should cough up around €80m and include Verane/Casimero then Pogs can go if that's what he really wants. Be prepared for Madrid's fans though Paul, they make us look like nice people :lol:..

bonothom

Yep I've been saying the same thing, I think Madrid should cough up around €80m and include Verane/Casimero then Pogs can go if that's what he really wants. Be prepared for Madrid's fans though Paul, they make us look like nice people :lol:..
Yep Pogba will get hammered if he puts in the lack lustre performances like he has for United. We won't be getting Varane in any deal for Pogba. Madrid only want to offload injury prone, washed up players like Bale. Although Ed will probably be tempted by the shirt sales.

TRUERED89

Yep Pogba will get hammered if he puts in the lack lustre performances like he has for United. We won't be getting Varane in any deal for Pogba. Madrid only want to offload injury prone, washed up players like Bale. Although Ed will probably be tempted by the shirt sales.
Yes highly improbable, lets just hope Zidane is desperate for Pogs and we can atleast get Casimero to replace static Matic..

RoyH1

Yes highly improbable, lets just hope Zidane is desperate for Pogs and we can atleast get Casimero to replace static Matic..
They problem with this line of thinking is the assumption that players like Casemiro or Varane want to be here. Better to take the cash and go after players who are hungry and want to wear our colours.

bonothom

They problem with this line of thinking is the assumption that players like Casemiro or Varane want to be here. Better to take the cash and go after players who are hungry and want to wear our colours.
Very true. With the Pogba money United could completely rebuild their midfield by buying Tielemans and Fernandez. But it won't happen, neither of them players are as commercially marketable as Pogba.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't need to worry as much about losing him now we've got Mata tied up to a new deal. Nibble nibble

fps

I genuinely cannot believe that giving Pogba a new improved deal is being considered. He so obviously cashes a cheque at United, doesn't want to be there.

Krisbijoy

I genuinely cannot believe that giving Pogba a new improved deal is being considered. He so obviously cashes a cheque at United, doesn't want to be there.
This is how modern football works. Players think high of themselves , kick up dust using their agents and secure new fatter paychecks. Ramos, Ronaldo etc are examples , the only difference being the fact that they are incredibly good for their team while Pogba hasn't really set the world alight partly because he can't be bothered and partly due to the low standards the club is setting these days.

For all the talk about him being unhappy next year here , I don't think he can afford that considering he has to remain relevant(if RM etc are still to come back for him) and its Euro year. Besides , transfer shenanigans last for the period of time the window is open , most players just get on with it once the season starts.

fps

This is how modern football works. Players think high of themselves , kick up dust using their agents and secure new fatter paychecks. Ramos, Ronaldo etc are examples , the only difference being the fact that they are incredibly good for their team while Pogba hasn't really set the world alight partly because he can't be bothered and partly due to the low standards the club is setting these days.

For all the talk about him being unhappy next year here , I don't think he can afford that considering he has to remain relevant(if RM etc are still to come back for him) and its Euro year. Besides , transfer shenanigans last for the period of time the window is open , most players just get on with it once the season starts.
Well, I respectfully disagree because Ronaldo and Ramos wanted better contracts, but they also wanted to stay at Real Madrid! Pogba hasn't shown any signs of wanting to stay in Manchester for at least 18 months now!

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Wan Bissaka who was a nobody a couple of months ago @ £60m
Slabhead aka Harry the most overrated player ever Maguire @ £80-90m
Dembele & Coutinho both nearly £150m

Probably the most marketable player in the world for now and in the coming years in Pogba @ £100-120m

Yeah, right. (Didn't even go into quality, what they achieved in their careers, status etc.)

We made a mistake ten years ago by letting Cristiano go just for £80m (€94m). Real were absolutely desperate after getting spanked by Barcelona and were ready to pay whatever it takes to get him. If we let Pogba go for less than £200m this time, it'll be a similar mistake. For years, we've been paying far too much when buying and getting too low sums when selling. Other clubs price their assets higher than their actual values to get the maximum, but we do exactly the opposite to be "realistic". Feck realism, the market's already gone absolutely infated & stupid for years now. It's beyond Football Manager levels. Why should we ask reasonable fees for one of the biggest stars of the game?

No less than £200m.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Probably the most marketable player in the world for now and in the coming years in Pogba @ £100-120m

Yeah, right. (Didn't even go into quality, what they achieved in their careers, status etc.)

We made a mistake ten years ago by letting Cristiano go just for £80m (€94m). Real were absolutely desperate after getting spanked by Barcelona and were ready to pay whatever it takes to get him. If we let Pogba go for less than £200m this time, it'll be a similar mistake. For years, we've been paying far too much when buying and getting too low sums when selling. Other clubs price their assets higher than their actual values to get the maximum, but we do exactly the opposite to be "realistic". Feck realism, the market's already gone absolutely infated & stupid for years now. It's beyond Football Manager levels. Why should we ask reasonable fees for one of the biggest stars of the game?

No less than £200m.
In hindsight, it's easy to say that but the market wasn't as inflated as right now and Ronaldo wanted to leave for a while

TRUERED89

Whatever happens you can almost guarantee, the Pogba replacement will NOT be of equal quality. That's if he actually is replaced, this club replaced Ronaldo with Valencia so I'm not holding my breath.

future2future

Whatever happens you can almost guarantee, the Pogba replacement will NOT be of equal quality. That's if he actually is replaced, this club replaced Ronaldo with Valencia so I'm not holding my breath.
The replacement will probably be not of equal quality but it could very well be a better player for the team. So it depends on how you define quality. Some hard working, no nonsense guys are actually more important than the prima donnas

Devils11

Pogba for Isco, Asensio and Rodriguez cause nobody want to see Mata and Lingard next season. Feck I will even throw in DDG for that 3.

Last edited:

Fıstıkçı Şahap

In hindsight, it's easy to say that but the market wasn't as inflated as right now and Ronaldo wanted to leave for a while
The point i was trying to make was that we don't appriciate and know the worth of our players enough don't know the value of our money. If that transfer was the other way around, I guarantee you that Real'd have asked the double of that figure. Feck, they asked near £100m for a non-scoring striker like Morata 2 years ago. Bayern, for instance, signed players for peanuts even from clubs like Valencia. We, on the other hand, love to pay the premium at every opportunity. We've just signed a player from Championship who's valued at £2.7m on transfermarkt and who had just 1 year left on his contract for £17m. We're the ultimate suckers of the transfer market.

TRUERED89

The replacement will probably be not of equal quality but it could very well be a better player for the team. So it depends on how you define quality. Some hard working, no nonsense guys are actually more important than the prima donnas
Yes I cant disagree with that, having 11 ego's on the field usually just doesn't work too well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The point i was trying to make was that we don't appriciate and know the worth of our players enough don't know the value of our money. If that transfer was the other way around, I guarantee you that Real'd have asked the double of that figure. Feck, they asked near £100m for a non-scoring striker like Morata 2 years ago. Bayern, for instance, signed players for peanuts even from clubs like Valencia. We, on the other hand, love to pay the premium at every opportunity. We've just signed a player from Championship who's valued at £2.7m on transfermarkt and who had just 1 year left on his contract for £17m. We're the ultimate suckers of the transfer market.
I can also guarantee you they wouldn't ask for the double if they really wanted to seriously sell him. I think you're confused, 10 years ago the market was different and Ronaldo's fee was considered as obscene already by many. The market went crazy in a short span of time.

Schmeichel=God

Good considerations there, pretty much sums it all up.

If Pogba leaves this summer, it should be confirmed as late as possible. Otherwise other clubs will see that we have an additional £100m+ in the kitty to splash, and will adjust their prices accordingly for any players we want to sign.
Absolutely. Wrap the terms up early, non disclosure/leak agreement, if it's leaked by any source the final price goes up by 20m cash.

No less than £200m.
Yeh, the Maguire price is insane. He is not Van Dijk. He's nigh on Phil Jones reincarnated. :D

I'm hoping Ole and the club have the wherewithall about them to understand that we have to put a new image out into the market, even if it means we take a longer detour back to the higher PL echelons. We are Manchester United, we will not continue to have the piss ripped out of us. So, AWB and Palace...."how much? Say again and think carefully..... Ok, on to target no.2."

With all that said Pogba at this very age, with the contract remaining, with the current WC winner tag, the merchandising, the standalone midfield talent....for me, £150,000,000 no less. Barcelona tried to mould Coutinho into an Iniesta type midfielder for all in 142 million...

Any swap deal with RM for example should have their discardable player valued accordingly, not valued in line with their Morata esq calculations. We should be getting minimum 100m cash for Pogba plus players. Hell, they need their unwanteds to leave for wage bill and FFP purposes. Who can play hard ball now?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think Ed needs to fax this thread back to Real.

If these latest reports of 80m (euros) + Bale are true, then that's an absolute insult.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s the no 8 that Jose was expecting from Pogba. Hard working, flair, willing to defend & with good passing ability. If we can sell Pogba around £140m to £150m, without a doubt we have money to pay his clause but the issue is why would the player want to move away from his boyhood club to join us. Can’t see this happening but if it’s happening, I will consider him as perfect replacement for Pogba/Herrera.

Status
Not open for further replies.