What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

We need to bring in players before we sell him because if we sell him for over 100 mill clubs will just increase their asking prices even more

Dve

It would depend if there are players available this window. For instance, we would need to buy a top class striker to replace Lukaku and probably invest another 100m for two new midfielders.
Yes, that´s a good point.

Dve

How much is a demotivated Pogba worth for United? I´d take 110.

Jonty

Cash in! All his talk recently shows him up for what he is a self indulgent prick. To talk himself up as having his best season with us is ridiculous, yes his stats are up but his performances for the most part were lacklustre.

Dumbat12

feck him and feck Real Madrid and Juventus. 200 million. If not, just bench him till his contract expires. Simple as.

Kag

He holds a pretty strong card too as his influence on the team might be harmful if he is depserate to leave. Add to that a Raiola shitstorm in the media during the season. Get 130m + 20m add-ons and move on.
That’s little more than what Liverpool received for Coutinho, a (very good) player that lacks the commercial value and razzmatazz that Pogba brings to the table. His profile alone is worth “X” amount of money. Factor into the fact he’s won a World Cup, then you’ve got a potential record shattering transfer on the cards.

Any negative influence would be harmful until September, in my opinion. After that he’d have to bite the bullet and knuckle down.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think losing him at this crucial moment would be a disaster. I’m not his biggest fan, but you can’t argue that he is our best and most effective player by some distance.

We should try and make a Ronaldo-esque arrangement with him - give us one more season putting in maximum effort and we’ll let you go for £100m next summer to Real Madrid or wherever.
That "maximum effort" part doesn't work with Pogba. Ronaldo is the most driven individual in the world of football. Pogba is maybe half way between Ronaldo and Ravel in that sense.

We have the leverage. A European Championship year, 3 years left on his deal, we don't need money and it has been reported that Pogba is Zidane's #1 target and the club will back their manager.

We just need to flog him around a bit and see what else is happening. If it's only a cash payment, we should get 150m.

Yakuza_devils

£150m for Pogba
£65m for Lukaku

In addition to our usual 100-150m spending, that should allow us to invest about 250-300m and completely revamp the squad.
Why 65mil for Lukaku though? Inter value Perisic more than 50mil at 29 years old. Lukaku is younger with very good stats and reputation, a very good striker for club and country. He will scores lots of goals in Serie A. He is easily worth 80-90mil that we paid for when we signed him if not more in today market.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why 65mil for Lukaku though? Inter value Perisic more than 50mil at 29 years old. Lukaku is younger with very good stats and reputation, a very good striker for club and country. He will scores lots of goals in Serie A. He is easily worth 80-90mil that we paid for when we signed him if not more in today market.
Because we are talking about Inter and not PSG or Madrid here. They are going to be limited in how much they can spend on one player, and frankly, if we can get 65m for Lukaku then we should snatch it and move on.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t buy this logic that because a player has stated he wants to leave that lowers the price.

Hazard said repeatedly he wanted to go to Real Madrid and yet if Madrid wanted him they had to pay Chelsea’s price which was £130m.

Pogba is our best player even with his attitude problems. You want our best player that we have no obligation to sell you have to pay and the fee should be at least the amount paid for Hazard if not more.

It seems that clubs know our history of poor negotiation and offloading players on the cheap hence attempt low ball us meanwhile clubs like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool always make clubs pay up if they want their best players.
I believe that the signing of Hazard were finally 100 million € + extras, which even include the ballon d'or.
You are right that does not necessarily imply a drop in price but at least the idea of many fans has changed, going from "it is irreplaceable for our project" to "if he is not committed, let him go".
The situation of the two clubs is not the same either,nor the agents,and I think that Hazard's performance was never questioned by the Chelsea fans, while in United the feeling,for what I read, is bittersweet at least.
In these moments -and seeing it from the perspective of a RM fan- I think is feasible a mutual intention of agreement, a middle term, and certainly below your starting price.

Treble

That’s little more than what Liverpool received for Coutinho, a (very good) player that lacks the commercial value and razzmatazz that Pogba brings to the table. His profile alone is worth “X” amount of money. Factor into the fact he’s won a World Cup, then you’ve got a potential record shattering transfer on the cards.

Any negative influence would be harmful until September, in my opinion. After that he’d have to bite the bullet and knuckle down.
I doubt it. On the other hand, it would be very difficult to replace him. So we might take the risk and hope for the best.

Yakuza_devils

Because we are talking about Inter and not PSG or Madrid here. They are going to be limited in how much they can spend on one player, and frankly, if we can get 65m for Lukaku then we should snatch it and move on.
Then we should not sell until the right offer come. Its crazy to sell Lukaku for 65mil in today's market where a fullback costing 50mil or more in EPL.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Then we should not sell until the right offer come. Its crazy to sell Lukaku for 65mil in today's market where a fullback costing 50mil or more in EPL.
Lukaku was overvalued when we bought him and has done little to convince the world that he was worth the fee we paid, so obviously when a prominent club with limited financial resources comes along, they are not going to pay what Manchester United did for an already overrated player. We obviously have to pay more because everyone knows we have money to spend.

Seagulls.vii

Any sale should take into account his full value, footballing and marketing, with the remaining years on his contract. With Hazard as a benchmark, we should be looking at upwards of £180m with further add-ons of £60m onwards.

Kag

I doubt it. On the other hand, it would be very difficult to replace him. So we might take the risk and hope for the best.
He’d have no other option than to knuckle down and play his best. If he doesn’t then he may jeopardise his role in the France team, as well as any future move after that. I can’t think of many (if any) examples of players throwing in the towel after not getting a move. They’re too proud.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Couldn't give more of a shit about money. First of the club already has tons of money.
Secondly the club seems incapable of getting good deals in money terms over the line, giving us money will just make it publicly known that the United tax can be doubled. Get us players.

If its Juventus I'd like: Cancelo & Dybala.
If it's Real I'd like: Isco & Varane.

Giggsyking

If Morata was rated by Madrid 90 m
then Pogba is at least double that figure.

180 m will be fair for both sides
we get what we deserve and they get what they deserve

Treble

He’d have no other option than to knuckle down and play his best. If he doesn’t then he may jeopardise his role in the France team, as well as any future move after that. I can’t think of many (if any) examples of players throwing in the towel after not getting a move. They’re too proud.
I don't think so. He needs only to show his ability once every 2-3 weeks. Remember he had 2 months of excellent form under Ole (January and February) which was enough to maintain his image as one of the best midfielders around.

He will play at his best, but, I'm afraid, not sufficiently often. Might be wrong though. Those at the club should know better.

Stroud Red

I agree you can't build a team around Pogba. He has the class but his attitude when the chips are down or hes not happy with the manager sucks and it drags down the rest of the team.

I'd be happy with £100m plus if we do sell him.

AdamAdams

Anything above £120 million, snap their hands off. Fergie knew what he was doing.

crossy1686

career ending
If he stays we have to seriously undermine him next season. The rest of the lads need to not want to be associated with him, limit his game time as much as possible and sign at least three midfielders to cover his position.

Saffron

We need to get rid of anyone, including Pogba and DDG, who doesn’t want to be here but we need to get the best deal possible and make the signing club pay top dollar
Statistically speaking it’s almost normal for players to not want to be at their current club. I remember a few years back, some pro said that every single player he knew would leave for Barcelona or Madrid instantly if they got the chance.

I don’t think a single Tottenham player (for example) reeeally wants to be at that club. But that didn’t stop them from reaching a CL final.

reddev3

I read an interview which was maybe last year or the year before? where Ramon Calderon was talking all about the Ronaldo transfer (he was the one that bought him) and one of the things he said was that Ronaldo either made the fee back for Madrid in the first year or two or that he made them MILES more back in cash than the fee was over god knows how long, I can't remember which but he was basically bragging about that even though the fee was a world record at the time it still worked out a bargain price wise even not taking into account what he did on the pitch, it kind of stuck with me because I didn't think any player had the ability to make clubs that much money off the field.

Pogba would have a similar impact as this, I wouldn't let him go anywhere for a penny less than £150 mil + 40 mil add ons. I'd rather let him sulk on the bench for the first few months while he comes to his senses, the three year contract is really the deal breaker in this transfer.

Reactions: Penna

pogs

If Pogba is going I say do it quickly and focus on the most important - rebuilding in time ahead of season. Sell him at 110-120m pounds, Lukaku at 60m. We are out of time to do negotiations to buy.

Gopher Brown

That "maximum effort" part doesn't work with Pogba. Ronaldo is the most driven individual in the world of football. Pogba is maybe half way between Ronaldo and Ravel in that sense.

We have the leverage. A European Championship year, 3 years left on his deal, we don't need money and it has been reported that Pogba is Zidane's #1 target and the club will back their manager.

We just need to flog him around a bit and see what else is happening. If it's only a cash payment, we should get 150m.
And lose our best player at precisely the time we need to be strengthening the team.

Say we get £150m for him, who are we going to sign who is better? No point in just amassing money for the sake of it, as that will go straight into the Glazers’ pockets.

reddev3

And lose our best player at precisely the time we need to be strengthening the team.

Say we get £150m for him, who are we going to sign who is better? No point in just amassing money for the sake of it, as that will go straight into the Glazers’ pockets.
We could change the shape instead of playing 4-3-3 because Pogba can only really play on the left of a 3. I like 4-3-3 the way city play, with attacking players on the left and right of midfield but not the way we play it with just one on the left.

If we sold Pogba we could have a nice balanced 4-2-3-1 like Lyon played with two young box to box mids, for example Ndombele and Tielemans (they would be Nodombele and Aouar) and then buy a number 10 like Havertz (would be Fekir). It obviously could be any three but i'm just wishing for young class players only while were re-building barr the CB spot.

I know it's unlikely as its a lot of changes on top of what already needs to be done, I'm just playing devils advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.