What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
£100m if we genuinely want him gone. Otherwise we'll be stuck again.
Why would anyone, if they had a working brain, "genuinely want him gone" and would feel "stuck" if he stayed here?

Last edited:

SaintMuppet

I'm desperate to see the back of him. The only thing I'm more desperate about is that United recruit well to replace him. He clearly wants to play in a team of galacticos and is holding us back, he's either out injured or "injured" or just not making the kind of impact we need from our most expensive player. I reckon you could throw him into City or Liverpool's teams and he'd manage to look hot and cold. That is literally the last thing we need.

I think the club needs to be wary of part-ex deals though, as the last thing we need is players that aren't what we need and we end up struggling to get rid of.
I don’t think he wants to play in a team of galacticos, I think it’s an absolute necessity!!! He just doesn’t have the ability to lead or drag a team up with him and he will never develop it. He knows this well enough and is desperate for a place to hide before his star wanes too far and everyone rumbles him. Fergie was right all along.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Why would anyone, if they had a working brain, "genuinely want him gone" and would feel "stuck" if he stayed here?
If we genuinely want him gone, based on recent reports. The guys agent just ripped the club to shreds, including our CEO and manager. Why would anyone with half a brain want to keep that sort of shit show around here? You'll see, as soon as a reasonable offer comes in he'll be sold. I don't get why anybody wants him to stay after the disrespect they've shown the club.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If we genuinely want him gone, based on recent reports. The guys agent just ripped the club to shreds, including our CEO and manager. Why would anyone with half a brain want to keep that sort of shit show around here? You'll see, as soon as a reasonable offer comes in he'll be sold. I don't get why anybody wants him to stay after the disrespect they've shown the club.
What was wrong with his comments exactly? Raiola never criticised Ole. That's a lie. He criticised the owners and Woodward. They're destroying the club before our very eyes. Woodward/Glazers are practically stealing from the fans each year for what we get in return. He said right now we would ruin even the best stars. It's the pure truth under Woodward/Glazers. We are not a serious football club. We're a commercial club who has no interest in competing at the very top. They really couldn't care less. Someone had to be clear in public about them and it sure as hell wasn't going to be the spineless class of 92/ex Utd legends so i'm over the moon he done it. Aren't you?

What ''shit show''? Pogba is one of the best players in the world, coming 27 this year. You really think he was sold 'this' when he came back here in 2016? That we would be settling for top 4 (if possible), not showing any ambition, with a ''multi-year rebuild overseen by a struggling manager'? By the time this rebuild is finished, (that's if it's even successful which is highly doubtful), he will be approaching 30, having won nothing. Would you go along with that, if you were in his shoes? Do you really think Giggs,Scholes,Keane, Rooney whoever else wouldn't have been off at the first chance too?

If you put the pitchfork down for a second, maybe you would realise his goals align with the fans goals. He wants to see a strong, competing, ambitious Utd. Isn't that what the fans want also? Or are you happy with never competing? Which is what you will get forever if you don't force change.

Yes, maybe he will be sold, because he and Raiola are the only ones publicly kicking up a storm about Woodward/Glazers unfortunately. It's only natural to get rid of him, so they can keep pulling the wool over the eyes of the ignorant masses isn't it?

Last edited:

poleglass red

I don’t think he wants to play in a team of galacticos, I think it’s an absolute necessity!!! He just doesn’t have the ability to lead or drag a team up with him and he will never develop it. He knows this well enough and is desperate for a place to hide before his star wanes too far and everyone rumbles him. Fergie was right all along.
I agree, he did it it Juve and does it for France, where other world class players pick up the slack when he disappears for stretches in games. Not a criticism of him, many top players float in and out of games, but they have the players around them to accomodate them, unfortunately we don't and haven't in his time here. My only concern with him at Real is those fans are ruthless, few bad games from him and they will turn. For all the bitching on here, he is still widely supported by match going fans, I know we had that incident on last game last season where one fan had a pop at him, but at Real it won't be one fan giving you grief. Any public nonsense from his agent would also cause issues with Real fans. He's not one of their own, so they will turn on him much quicker

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I’d take the fee we paid for him + Kroos or 60 million + Odegaard.
Oh yes. 30 year old 4x Champions League, World Cup winner Kroos is really itching to play EL and compete for nothing in a physical league isn't he? No chance he would come here if he's not lost the desire to win things. He would treat us like Schweinsteiger did.

MrVolley

Pogba has really devalued himself with his attitude.

These days more that ever, top clubs are looking for professionalism and attitude. Just look at Klopp - he's turning any old player into top class just by making sure they have the right mindset.

I fear that Pogba will leave for no more than what we paid for him. His attitude is a huge bargaining chip for potential suitors.

He'sRaldo

These days more that ever, top clubs are looking for professionalism and attitude. Just look at Klopp - he's turning any old player into top class just by making sure they have the right mindset.
Usually said attitude comes from selling the player an interesting project. Klopp is a good example since you brought him up.

I'm not sure our current project interests him that much, but that doesn't indicate a bad attitude.

Baneofthegame

Oh yes. 30 year old 4x Champions League, World Cup winner Kroos is really itching to play EL and compete for nothing in a physical league isn't he? No chance he would come here if he's not lost the desire to win things. He would treat us like Schweinsteiger did.
Seems a bit OTT in response to my post, I never said any of them would want to join or would be offered.

romufc

He would treat us like Schweinsteiger did
Exactly, any player we sign from Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve will all treat us as second class. We need players who will be coming here to prove something and not treat it as a retirement home.

poleglass red

120million is an acceptable valuation in my book. Problem is we will get bumped on the replacement
if we got that I'd be ecstatic, I think we will be lucky to get 100 mill, and i think it will be a Real cast off with cash to bump it up to that approx value. Of all the players they are looking to use as a makeweight in this deal, it's really only Isco I'd be interested in, due to age, talent and what I'd perceive him to have a willingness to prove himself. Kroos and Bale are obviously top drawer, but it's just age, injuries and desire from those that puts me off, as does Bale's wages

jackal&hyde

Regarding Pogba he also said that he wants to stay and win with Man Utd, that he respects the club etc. Me thinks Pogba made a u turn and Ole has his ear more then Raiola does now and this pissed him of because he now longer is sure of another big pay check.

TrustInOle

IF he actually wants to go, £150m would do it as he instantly improves any team in the world. If not, which I don't think he does, I can't wait to see him back on the pitch and shut people up. The rumours are maybe understandable with Raiola, the papers and all the time out, but surely his actual Operation should have silenced all this.

Stacks

if we got that I'd be ecstatic, I think we will be lucky to get 100 mill, and i think it will be a Real cast off with cash to bump it up to that approx value. Of all the players they are looking to use as a makeweight in this deal, it's really only Isco I'd be interested in, due to age, talent and what I'd perceive him to have a willingness to prove himself. Kroos and Bale are obviously top drawer, but it's just age, injuries and desire from those that puts me off, as does Bale's wages
Isco has provided less assists than Lingard in the best team in the league.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You are both missing the point. It’s like the Lukaku Dybala swap, both clubs agreed, Lukaku agreed, but Dybala rejected the chance to join United. I don’t believe ANY of the names listed here as potential swap deals would be at all interested in joining United. So while the clubs and Pogba may agree, the players coming to us won’t!

Sad times, but reality.
You are definitely right, but it is not only about United situation. Swap deals are rare for a reason. Just +100 million deal which would take Pogba in one direction is complicated, throw another player in it and you have various parties (players, agents and clubs) from each side all with a different valuation. Not just that, usually 1 player from a top club is a rejected party here and doesn't wanna except the deal for multiple reasons while his agent will alert pretty much everyone about his potential availability. And club absolutely can't force him to go where they want.

Finally, on top of that, you have what you already said about us currently not being so attractive proposition which makes this kind of deal impossible in terms of getting someone like Odegaard, while highly unlikely with Isco or Kroos.

Although, tbh/despite all of this, I would still ask for a player and push for him if we have genuine interest. If nothing, just to unsettle them in the end. Madrid have no problem in doing so when they are on the other side.

Last edited:

Lastwolf

considering he won't be replaced I'm not sure there is a sum of money that is large enough to be worthwhile.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have just never taken to him as a player, and don’t have any particularly fond memories of his time at the club. Take someone like Ibra, who came and left a real mark on his brief time here. Attitude and professionalism go a long way.

I just think Pogbas posture suggests someone who doesn’t really care whether United do well or not. You might say he hasn’t had players round him, but I can’t say there is overwhelming evidence that he has given his all. Players will be judged by the mark they leave on the clubs they play for, and his has been minimal for me.

I feel a greater attachment to someone like McTominey and really enjoy seeing Fred desperate to prove himself here in recent games.

I would accept a few players and cash from Juve or 100 million from Real and be done with it. Atmosphere in the dressing room and focus is everything and I just get the impression he distracts from that, and that we would be in a healthier position with someone in his role who really wanted to be here.

Alabaster Codify7

Our goals and his don't align unfortunately so we need to get rid but the problem is well probably invest only a portion of his fee on the squad.

jesperjaap

Found it laughable people on here in the summer saying they wouldnt sell him for less than £150-180mm, said at the time anything £100-120m we should have taken without hesitation. Imagine if Ferguson was still in charge, would he allowed the agent and player circus to stay in town so long?
I still expect us to get £90-100m+ for him in the summer and hope we dont dither and spent it wisely rebuilding our midfield which lets face it is almost nonexistent at the moment

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Spot on. I can see Leicester asking 100 m for Maddison
Maddison will certainly be in the 85-100 slot and I think Pogba is a more complete player and has the capabilities of running the midfield if surrounded by a touch of class. That puts Pogba at the 100 plus mark for me but i think he now needs to show his quality on the pitch for the balance of the season.

enurs

Pogba was put on the bench by Mourinho and Ole wanted to build the team around him. Pogba answered with a transfer request. I mean, there is no way we are able to keep Pogba and we must sell him. I really think we should go for Odegaard as part of a transfer deal with Real.

He is playing today vs Real Betis (if his not injured) and I recommend everyone to watch it if you are interested in a deal with Real. Odegaard is one of the best nr 10 in the world and a world class player if he continues his form.

Please give me a like if you agree

Hammondo

Pogba has really devalued himself with his attitude.

I fear that Pogba will leave for no more than what we paid for him. His attitude is a huge bargaining chip for potential suitors.
I agree with this. In reality no club is going to pay top money for him, he's not worth it. 100m is about expected.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Considering he doesn’t have many suitors capable of raising the fee and matching our wages, I think he will sign another big contract with a gentleman’s agreement that he can move for the right price in a few seasons time. By then our team will hopefully have matured and he won’t want to.

RedorDead21

Considering he doesn’t have many suitors capable of raising the fee and matching our wages, I think he will sign another big contract with a gentleman’s agreement that he can move for the right price in a few seasons time. By then our team will hopefully have matured and he won’t want to.
What’s he done to deserve an increase in wages though? I’d rather lose the circus, take the cash and buy a couple of midfielders who are posting up good performances consistently for their clubs.

davidmichael

If Real or specifically more Zidane wants Pogba as much as we’re led to believe then £100 million plus Valverde is the least to accept, Pogba on his day and motivated is probably the best all round midfielder in the world.

If he’s going back to Juve then maybe £100 million plus Pjanic is the least to accept, reality is we have Pogba under contract for 2 years still from this coming summer so either his cnut agent gets us as much as possible so Pogba can leave as they both want or we take a stand and freeze him out and don’t play him for the last two years of his contract which they’d both hate to happen.

Robaldo

If you ask rival fans what they’d pay for him, then you’d realise we’d be doing well to recoup what we paid...

norm87cro

70 mil plus Gareth Bale if its Real. If its somebody else I guess 100 mil would be ok given he hasn't really played and nobody is biting our hand to take him.

laughtersassassin

Doesn't matter. We won't get to spend it anyway. Money just lines the glazers pocket's.

Hooray to getting worse and worse.

Or if we do spend it it will make up our entire budget which will also be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.