What's going on at Chelsea?

FujiVice

Billic is now out of the country, so it's safe for Blanc to manage in England without the fear of getting suspended for doing absolutely nothing.

MrPooni

Those investigators are not trustworthy. Russia were blamed immediately. That should seem suspicious. The media are all in it together. Australia are part of the new world order. USA's bitch. They've let USA built a military base there.
Abramovich is wanted by Russian authorities, thats why came to London.
Can you take all this baseless conspiracy shite to 4Chan or Reddit? It has no place here. Abramovich was integral to the transition of power between Yeltsin and Putin and is a key figure in Russia's "Londongrad" strategy which plays heavily into the predicament he currently finds himself in. Whatever your personal take on his ultimate intentions may be, these are the facts and no amount of posturing, New World Order bollocks or shoulder shrugging is going to make them any less true.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

MrPooni

That article does not even mention the transition of power between Yeltsin and Putin once, let alone suggesting Roman was "integral" to it. I'm not saying he wasn't but have you linked the wrong thing?
Yeah, I linked to "How Roman Abramovich Made his Fortune" instead of "How Roman Abramovich Made his Money" – the latter goes into far more detail about the development and eventual deterioration of Berezovsky and Abramovich/Putin's relationship. Edited and updated the original post accordingly.

duffer

Scout
Yeah, I linked to "How Roman Abramovich Made his Fortune" instead of "How Roman Abramovich Made his Money" – the latter goes into far more detail about the development and eventual deterioration of Berezovsky and Abramovich/Putin's relationship. Edited and updated the original post accordingly.
Well, one is an actual newspaper article and the other is a post from a random person on Reddit, not sure how you got them mixed up!

I thought I'd heard everything regarding Roman but this line from that Reddit post you linked "He walked into the Russian White House with a suitcase of money, which he then dispensed to the special forces" is quite something! I almost want that to be true, it sounds like something Hans Gruber would do.

Mint

Can you take all this baseless conspiracy shite to 4Chan or Reddit? It has no place here. Abramovich was integral to the transition of power between Yeltsin and Putin and is a key figure in Russia's "Londongrad" strategy which plays heavily into the predicament he currently finds himself in. Whatever your personal take on his ultimate intentions may be, these are the facts and no amount of posturing, New World Order bollocks or shoulder shrugging is going to make them any less true.
The New World Order just refers to the globalist hold on the media. I admit I don't know much about Abramovich's history. I thought he was a fugitive.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We should bid for Kante.
Too early, you get our assets once they are past their peak.

However Willian and Cahill are at the stage of their careers if you need them.

MrPooni

Well, one is an actual newspaper article and the other is a post from a random person on Reddit, not sure how you got them mixed up!

I thought I'd heard everything regarding Roman but this line from that Reddit post you linked "He walked into the Russian White House with a suitcase of money, which he then dispensed to the special forces" is quite something! I almost want that to be true, it sounds like something Hans Gruber would do.
I remembered reading a decent summary of Berezovsky/Abromavich/Putin's history under the "How Roman Made His Money/Fortune" title a couple of years ago and skimming through the beginning of the Telegraph piece I assumed it was the one I was thinking of. And for reference, the Reddit post is more of a collection of excerpts from a book than some random person's unsourced ramblings but I take your point. I also get those Hans Gruber vibes – it's like the more you learn about Russian Oligarchs, the more 80s Hollywood they get.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Those investigators are not trustworthy. Russia were blamed immediately. That should seem suspicious. The media are all in it together. Australia are part of the new world order. USA's bitch. They've let USA built a military base there.
Abramovich is wanted by Russian authorities, thats why came to London.
We have russian bots here now as well..?

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Actually Arsenal have a bigger income than Chelsea, so that puts you 4th on the Prem income list as of the end of 2016-17. Liverpool were barely behind you at that point in time and will now have surpassed you, so that pushes you down to 5th on the list.

And Spurs will likely match - and perhaps exceed - Chelsea's income inside the next 2 years. Pretty soon you'll be down to 6th place income wise. And that's just in the Prem.
That is based on league postion am talking about overall commercial revenue. revenue made from sponsors + league etc. That my friend is where we sit third in with only City and United besting us. Hell only a few clubs in europe have better commercial revenue than us.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That is based on league postion am talking about overall commercial revenue. revenue made from sponsors + league etc. That my friend is where we sit third in with only City and United besting us. Hell only a few clubs in europe have better commercial revenue than us.
I'm talking about total income from all sources, including commercial income.

And I say again: "Arsenal have a bigger income than Chelsea, so that puts you 4th on the Prem income list as of the end of 2016-17. Liverpool were barely behind you at that point in time and will now have surpassed you, so that pushes you down to 5th on the list.

And Spurs will likely match - and perhaps exceed - Chelsea's income inside the next 2 years. Pretty soon you'll be down to 6th place income wise. And that's just in the Prem."

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'm talking about total income from all sources, including commercial income.

And I say again: "Arsenal have a bigger income than Chelsea, so that puts you 4th on the Prem income list as of the end of 2016-17. Liverpool were barely behind you at that point in time and will now have surpassed you, so that pushes you down to 5th on the list.

And Spurs will likely match - and perhaps exceed - Chelsea's income inside the next 2 years. Pretty soon you'll be down to 6th place income wise. And that's just in the Prem."
Money is just one factor among many others that explains results.

In theory, a team 6th on a list can spend more money to recruit players than the 4th.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone who answered.that question is either making it up or going off of a tweet where someone has made.it up.

I still think we'll start next season with Sarri in charge but it really depends who Madrid go for.
Do Chelsea still need to buy Sarri's buyout clause?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently he lives in Chelsea and has a season ticket at Stamford Bridge.

It's all irrelevant anyway, Roman is not selling.
Im very happy with that seeing has Roman has reigned in his spending and the new owner might have been inclined to try and make a splash, in order to get the fans behind him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Apparently he lives in Chelsea and has a season ticket at Stamford Bridge.

It's all irrelevant anyway, Roman is not selling.
The article says he spent over 2 months putting the offer together. It also says the process started before Abramovich's visa problems. You'd have thought he was given some indication Abramovich might be open to selling before spending so much time putting a bid together. I know that's how it works with other large companies, but perhaps football clubs operate differently. They do in most other ways I suppose!

duffer

Scout
The article says he spent over 2 months putting the offer together. It also says the process started before Abramovich's visa problems. You'd have thought he was given some indication Abramovich might be open to selling before spending so much time putting a bid together. I know that's how it works with other large companies, but perhaps football clubs operate differently. They do in most other ways I suppose!
It's the Daily Mail, most likely all bollocks.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why is Conte still their manager? Thought he would’ve gone by now.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Chelsea sack him they have to pay a large sum of dosh. If he quits to join another club they won't. Basically they're waiting to see what Real Madrid do.
Seems daft to me. What if it takes all summer to resolve and a new manager comes in at the end of the transfer window with no time to do anything?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
How you could have done with Matic this season. He was our most important and successful addition.
I said that more in jest but while i can't argue we fecked up replacing him, £40m for someone who was average to terrible for two and a half years in isolation is excellent business.

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
This idea can feck off. If your club can't develop youth by offering them opportunities in the first team
As I have said once or twice on this fourm, you cannot simply put untested youth (1) into the first team and expect them to win you games/trophies from the get go. Simply because the Premier League/Champions League is a whole different ball game compared to the sorts of games they have previously played in (2).

So when you combine the fact many football managers are always under pressure to win trophies/titles, simply throwing them into the lions den is the last thing you should be doing to these players (3). Thus it make sense to ease them into the senior game (at the highest level) from the U23s by giving them enough game between those two levels until they are ready for the "big leagues".

Hence why I am such a strong advocate of B Teams, simply because in contrast to the usual system of easing youth players into senior players (4) it is a much better way of giving them a safe space for them to develop in the right place, the right level of football and at the right time.

Finally can I also add that I feel that no youth player (5) should have a god given right to play in the senior team (6) and thus would need to prove themsevles elsewhere before I would consider them to be fit to wear the shirts of their parent club.

Notes

(1) No matter how good they are in the U23 Leagues/League Cup.

(2) In the same way a fire safety course is very different to putting out a major fire at a oil refinery.

(3) Especially when youth players themselves develop at different timeframes as the examples of both Rashford and Lingard have shown.

(4) Which usually involve sending them to short-term loans to random clubs endless numbers of times, which makes it virtually impossible for them to establish themselves at any sort of playing enviroment nor provide them with the stablity they need at this level. Likewise it also makes it harder for the parent club to support them at this critical stage in their playing career.

(5) Again no matter how good they are or even how good they could potentially be.

(6) Especially when I feel that a said senior team (for a major football club on the level of United and City) should have at least 2 (ideally 3) World Class players in each position.

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
Why do you keep putting footnotes in your posts? I'm not going to give you a dislike but such a strange posting style is hurting your chances of getting promoted.
So that I can add additional pieces of information/comment without disrupting the main writing flow of the post in question.