What's the funniest Liverpool moment in the PL era?

gormless

Slippy G has to be the funniest, but others rival it for improbableness. The beach ball. Slippy's red card. I even remember Reina trying to save Gravesen's bald head instead of the ball from a corner. Does anyone else remember that? I might not have the right player, but his head was bald and white like the ball, and Reina went to grab at the former instead of the latter, thus letting the ball in.

Also, how perfect is it that a team with such animosity toward wind were scored on twice in Crystanbul by a player named Gayle? :lol:
Andy “one good season at Palace set me up for life” Johnson, not Graveson I think.

Vanrouge

Andy “one good season at Palace set me up for life” Johnson, not Graveson I think.
Yeah, I wasn't totally sure, so thanks for the correction. All I remembered was his bald head, Reina's momentary confusion, and that it was Everton. Given the beach ball had already happened, it cracked me up at the time, but then everyone seemed to forget about it. I mean, it was nothing as existentially funny as Gerrard saying "this does not slip" then slipping, but it was still pretty funny.

thepolice123

Has to be Slippy G. He must have attempted 10 long shots in the second half in typical Stevie Me fashion.

Also Carragher getting destroyed over and over again by Henry in the early 00s was pretty funny too.

Also Henry consoling Carragher after Rodgets was sacked:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Slippy G has to be the funniest, but others rival it for improbableness. The beach ball. Slippy's red card. I even remember Reina trying to save Gravesen's bald head instead of the ball from a corner. Does anyone else remember that? I might not have the right player, but his head was bald and white like the ball, and Reina went to grab at the former instead of the latter, thus letting the ball in.

Also, how perfect is it that a team with such animosity toward wind were scored on twice in Crystanbul by a player named Gayle? :lol:
Pure poetry :lol: I never thought of that

KetilOwren88

Harry Kane’s penalty equalizer at Anfield after Klopp’s hillarious celebrations just seconds before was tasteful. John Arne Riise’s own goal at injury time in the CL semi final against Chelsea was brilliant as well. I am Norwegian myself and can’t stand that self obsessed cnut.

Last edited:

Tarrou

John Arne Riise’s own goal at injury time in the CL semi final against Chelsea was brilliant as well. I am Norwegian myself and can’t stand that self obsessed cnut.
You'll Never Walk Alone*

*unless you feck up

thepolice123

Harry Kane’s penalty equalizer at Anfield after Klopp’s hillarious celebrations just seconds before was tasteful. John Arne Riise’s own goal at injury time in the CL semi final against Chelsea was brilliant as well. I am Norwegian myself and can’t stand that self obsessed cnut.
This was a classic back then. Good throwback. :lol:

PAYNE!!

wrinklydong

Prohibited items in Anfield stadium (Probably) : Glass bottles, Alcohol, Prams/pushchairs, Knives, weapons, Fireworks, Beach Balls, Banana

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
An underrated one is Mascherano talking himself into a red card at OT in the 2007/08 season in a match Pool ended up losing 3-0.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It’s not the same fixture, that slip gave City the title in 2014, not Chelsea..
He's talking about the same fixture in a different year, not the same game.

OleBoiii

I can't believe I forgot about that!

That had me in stitches back then :lol:

Mike Smalling

An underrated one is Mascherano talking himself into a red card at OT in the 2007/08 season in a match Pool ended up losing 3-0.
That was beautiful. He then had a complete meltdown :lol: if I remember correctly, he even got the yellow right after Torres was booked for dissent. Pure genious.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That was beautiful. He then had a complete meltdown :lol: if I remember correctly, he even got the yellow right after Torres was booked for dissent. Pure genious.
Yup. His teammates were desperately pushing him away from the ref but he pulled himself free and went to square up to the ref and ended up getting sent off. All because Torres had been booked. That was pure gold to watch. :lol:

stu_1992

Has to be the "slip" and the subsequent collapse. But there are some absolute gems mentioned in this thread indeed!

Siorac

They were even holding him back but no, he tore himself away and charged at the ref. How we laughed.

Robertd0803

The Slip.

Mascherano talking himself in to a red card.

O Sheas last minute winner at the Kop.

Rio scoring a last minute header vs them and the outrage over Nevilles celebration.

Thinking they would go unbeaten and getting battered by Watford of all teams.

Gerrards Anfield farewell. The hammering by Stoke in his final game.
Just Gerrard being a broken shell of a human being post Crystanbul.

David James being a calamity on corners against us in 97?

Everytime someone like Suarez/Sterling/Coutinho wants to leave and the outrage it causes.

Their precious King Kennys return and getting dumped out of the FA Cup by us.

Evra celebrating in front of Suarez.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Anyone remember Phil Babb almost making himself a eunuch making a clearance? Sliding full pelt into the post, a leg either side. I cringe and I laugh every time I think of it

shaky

Gerrard's career was obviously jam packed with comedy value moments. I have special affinity for his last game at Anfield though. Sky had hyped it beyond belief in the lead-up. Was going to be one huge party, a celebration of his time at Liverpool. It was "Steven Gerrard Day" and Crystal Palace were barely given a mention or a second thought until they decided to poop the entire party by handing him a defeat. The thumping by Stoke to round it off was icing on the cake.

Thisistheone

Some of their signings in the PL era makes great reading. Charlie Adam - with Fergie stirring the pot in the media saying his set-pieces alone is worth £15M. Spending big on Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso. Other ones:

Aspas
Balotelli
Benteke
Borini
Carroll
Cheyrou
Diouf
Downing
Dundee
Konchesky
Markovic
Poulson