What's the funniest Liverpool moment in the PL era?

Some of their signings in the PL era makes great reading. Charlie Adam - with Fergie stirring the pot in the media saying his set-pieces alone is worth £15M. Spending big on Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso. Other ones:

Aspas
Balotelli
Benteke
Borini
Carroll
Cheyrou
Diouf
Downing
Dundee
Konchesky
Markovic
Poulson
theres so much to laugh at Liverpool about, and especially the Andy Carroll transfer - but I think listing all their dodgy transfers is a bit “stones/ glass houses”

for me it’s ‘the slip’ and Gerrard’s sending off. He even took the captains armband when he came on. 45 seconds, pure joy.

Thisistheone

theres so much to laugh at Liverpool about, and especially the Andy Carroll transfer - but I think listing all their dodgy transfers is a bit “stones/ glass houses”

for me it’s ‘the slip’ and Gerrard’s sending off. He even took the captains armband when he came on. 45 seconds, pure joy.
Just a bit of fun mate

Snafu17

All of the above and this at the time:

A Liverpool fan tried to convince me
once that Lingard's, Rashford's and Pogba's fashion choices at the Unicef Gala are somehow worse than this.

As if a personal outfit is somehow even remotely comparable to a full squad of white suit wankers showing up to a Fa Cup final in which they subsequently lose.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He slipped on his f*cking arse,
He gave it to Demba Ba,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard

Nick7

I was full ready to say the beach ball just down to how absolutely absurd it was. But I have to go for the Palace 3-3. What a beautiful game of football.

Classical Mechanic

That time when that virus orginating in Manchester's twin City in China caused the cancellation of the Premier League when they were two games away from winning it for the first time in 30 years..

Robertd0803

38 seconds even better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tarrou

here are those 38 seconds in all their glory

he arguably had a yellow card challenge that went unpunished before the red too

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The beachball was great, the most random thing. Somebody throws a beachball on and somebody manages to hit it shooting for goal and they both go in the back of the net. Only those Scouse twats could manage something as ludicrous as that :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It always be slippy G. You couldn't make it up.

Yik

This was absolutely hilarious. We deserved nothing from the game, Scholes sent off late, it was at a crucial time in our title challenge in 2007. And John O Shea comes in and scores a jammy last minute winner! :lol::lol::lol: Look at his celebration, he knows its a pisstake.

Old Ma Crow

This was absolutely hilarious. We deserved nothing from the game, Scholes sent off late, it was at a crucial time in our title challenge in 2007. And John O Shea comes in and scores a jammy last minute winner! :lol::lol::lol: Look at his celebration, he knows its a pisstake.
Bitter commentator too :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

John o’Shea was cold blooded in front of goal. First thing I think of with the man is his chip against Arsenal but this finish doesn’t come long after; there are A LOT of strikers that would have skied that goal.

heinze58

Supports
SETI
Them claiming Florent Sinamal Pongelle was better than Ronaldo was fairly amusing too...

choccy77

Liverpool will always be remembered as the team who needed an extra 3 months in order to win a title.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Slip is just a perfect moment. Literally couldn’t be more perfect, from the ‘we do not let this slip’ to who it was to costing them the league.

The beach ball is so farcical it also sums up Liverpool very well.

The instant red card is a favourite memory of mine though.

Cloud7

The more you think about it, the more you realize that 'The Slip' could not in any way have been a coincidence. It's written as perfectly as a scene in an award winning movie.

Liverpool on course to finally break the title drought. Their most hated rivals nowhere even in the picture. A roaring victory in front of their fans against the only team with a chance of taking the title from them. Their inspirational captain, their leader, the man who most Liverpool fans would say embodied their team for the duration of his time there, gives a chest thumping, inspirational speech, that this does not slip now. Roll on the next game, against the manager who probably hated Liverpool more than anyone else in the game at that time, and the very same captain that gave that speech, that used those specific words, slipping, goes on to slip, giving the ball away and leading to a goal that goes on to derail their title win.

If someone didn't watch football or didn't know about this event, and you explained that to them, they would have a hard time believing it was real and not something out of a movie. It's just so perfect it beggars belief.

Cloud7

Yup. His teammates were desperately pushing him away from the ref but he pulled himself free and went to square up to the ref and ended up getting sent off. All because Torres had been booked. That was pure gold to watch. :lol:
Anyone have a video of this? It's slipped my memory

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Just imagine if the season resumes and they don't win any of their 9 remaining league games (fingers crossed)

It would top the lot combined!