g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

When did rivalries stop mattering?

evil_geko

I must have missed the memo.

It seems like a lot of people seem to take pride in remaining calm and zen, after getting obliterated by your biggest rivals. It was the case last season and the same now.

Is this the modern football hipsters badge of honour?
They matter, but rivalries mattering don't mean giving up on the manager and all your players after losing that one game and acting like child. If me not acting like spoiled child and saying "Ten Hag out" after this game, I guess that means I think rivalries don't matter by your logic.

And "zen people" on here are mostly going after fans with that kind of mentality.

90 + 5min

It seems like a lot of people seem to take pride in remaining calm and zen, after getting obliterated by your biggest rivals. It was the case last season and the same now.

Calm and easy is the always the way to do things. When you are old enough you understand how world works. I don't understand this focus on this loss. Yes, big numbers but we have lost before. Just move on to next game in couple of days time.

croadyman

Look we lost seven feckin nill to our biggest rivals. Certainly not the best Liverpool team I've seen either.
From a coaching point of view ETH can't linger on that and rightly so he's got to get that group to go again
However, for me a fan since the days of Quixall, Herd, Law and Charlton it's not going to go away that easy.
Easily the worst experience I've ever had watching Utd.
The magnitude of the defeat is bad enough but the fact it's Liverpool who inflicted it makes it a lot worse.
Yeah completely agree well apart from the bit about following Utd since the 60s as wasn't born until 85 but know my Utd history

evil_geko

The worrying thing is that it's not a freak result. Three of the last four games against them have been 0-4, 0-5 and now 0-7!

In response to the opening post, its becoming the norm now sadly!
You can't just throw in other results before Ten Hag, this IS freak result for Ten Hag's United.

croadyman

I'm still fuming now. At the players and manager. A total and utter fiasco.

If we get hammered again there next season serious questions need to be asked. This is a team that has struggled much of the season and couldn't beat Crystal Palace last week. We look scared to death of playing at Anfield.
That's more like the reaction I would expect

jm99

I've got a better question, why are you so obsessed with this and is it because you're a rival fan pretending to be a United fan and trolling us?

So far you've got this thread, one about whether solskjaer opened Pandora box for thrashing that got locked, and another as to whether yesterday would be the overriding memory of the season.

You've also got two on the second page that were started in August and have been presumably by you, one titled how important is it for us to avoid a thrashing by Liverpool and City this season, and another titled records set under ten hag with the OP being first defeat to brighton

Why isn't one thread enough, why have you either started or bumped 5 separate threads all on this same issue?

Skills

Snitch
I've got a better question, why are you so obsessed with this and is it because you're a rival fan pretending to be a United fan and trolling us?

So far you've got this thread, one about whether solskjaer opened Pandora box for thrashing that got locked, and another as to whether yesterday would be the overriding memory of the season.

You've also got two on the second page that were started in August and have been presumably by you, one titled how important is it for us to avoid a thrashing by Liverpool and City this season, and another titled records set under ten hag with the OP being first defeat to brighton

Why isn't one thread enough, why have you either started or bumped 5 separate threads all on this same issue?
Why are you obsessed with what I'm posting about? The great thing about a forum is that this isn't a 1-1 conversation. I make a thread, because it's a topic I wish to discuss. It's up to you, as another poster to choose to engage in it or feck off and find one of the other 100 odd active threads on the forum or just make one about a topic you want to discuss. Piss easy, as far as I see it.

Stop begging to be a moderator. If you're that desperate for that sort of e-power, drop an admin a message and they might make you one.

jm99

Why are you obsessed with what I'm posting about? The great thing about a forum is that this isn't a 1-1 conversation. I make a thread, because it's a topic I wish to discuss. It's up to you, as another poster to choose to engage in it or feck and find one of the other 100 odd active threads on the forum or just make one about a topic you want to discuss. Piss easy, as far as I see it.

Stop begging to be a moderator. If you're that desperate for that sort of e-power, drop an admin a message and they might make you one.
It's up to you what to post about but one thread would be enough for most people, why you need 5 different threads all to talk about yesterday's result and how bad it was, and seemingly created one just to run ten hag down, it feels like you're doing it to antagonise actual United fans, by pretending to be one, because you know any rival fan doing the same wouldn't be tolerated.

Got nothing to do with e-power

TheReligion

Abusive
It's up to you what to post about but one thread would be enough for most people, why you need 5 different threads all to talk about yesterday's result and how bad it was, and seemingly created one just to run ten hag down, it feels like you're doing it to antagonise actual United fans, by pretending to be one, because you know any rival fan doing the same wouldn't be tolerated.

I’m always suspicious of anyone who hides their posting history tbh…

You could have rumbled him!

MegadrivePerson

You can't just throw in other results before Ten Hag, this IS freak result for Ten Hag's United.
True.

Its three bad results against Liverpool with three different managers. Some players on this team give up easily when the going gets tough.

Skills

Snitch

Each of those threads have over a 100 responses (apart from the one that got locked). Why not let the forum decide whether it needs a thread or not? If it's not getting engagement it would die.

Oh yeah I've really played the long con over 11 years on this forum during which I've bought tickets from and met multiple other posters from this forum in real life.

wangyu

I'm depressed about it. I'm not happy at all, not yesterday and not today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m always suspicious of anyone who hides their posting history tbh…

You could have rumbled him!
Neh Skills used to be Berbaskills before they changed their name (if I remember rightly). Defo a red. :)

TheReligion

Abusive
Neh Skills used to be Berbaskills before they changed their name (if I remember rightly). Defo a red. :)
I’m sure they are, even if they are clearly being mischievous in winding folk up.

Point still stands about people hiding their history. I definitely find that odd!

Skills

Snitch
I’m sure they are, even if they are clearly being mischievous in winding folk up.

Point still stands about people hiding their history. I definitely find that odd!
I never knew it was hidden in the first place

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it's a case of not being a child and being able to look at the big picture. They matter but like... It's not like we haven't been having our best season by far post Sir Alex. So what do you want to do about it? Bitch and complain until everyone is depressed? Literally all that can be done is say "yeah that was shit, on to the next I guess". What's the point in going more?

jm99

Each of those threads have over a 100 responses (apart from the one that got locked). Why not let the forum decide whether it needs a thread or not? If it's not getting engagement it would die.

Oh yeah I've really played the long con over 11 years on this forum during which I've bought tickets from and met multiple other posters from this forum in real life.
Fair enough if you're not, it just felt like you were trying to wind all the rest of us up by bringing this result up as much as possible

CM

There comes a point where it's not helpful to even be angry anymore. It was a humiliating defeat for everyone involved so you're better off using your energy to ensure it never happens again.

Nobody comes out of that second half with any credit. Draw a line under it, make sure we win the next few games and make sure the work that went in prior to Sunday wasn't for nothing. If the players re-focus there's still an opportunity to finish top 3 and end the season with three trophies. They can't let an absolute freak performance dictate the entire season.

Judas

Open to offers
We’ve been totally outclassed out by worse teams. We weren’t even outclassed, it was just a bizarre second half. It’s shit, but we’re in a much better position. I’m looking up not down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol:The supposed modern fan is a reactionary twat more than anything

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This is why we say it's different for local fans vs the rest.

For some, oh well its just a game, lets go and get dinner and carry on with life. For others, it's the dread of knowing the stick you'll get from friends and at work for the next few weeks. Rivalries most definitely do matter.
It's more about your friend group. Back when I worked on a team full of die hard soccer fans that supported Arsenal, Pool and Barca it would wreck my whole week when we lost. Now that I'm on a team that cares less I'm in my own bubble and it matters a little less to me. As I've grown older I have so many other distractions as well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We’ve just gotten used to the hammerings. We can’t get mad all the time

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol:The supposed modern fan is a reactionary twat more than anything
There are different type of modern fans. The reactionary Twats on twitter/facebook but also the most annoying "let's be fair" fans who like to point out what Liverpool did well as if I give a feck what Liverpool do well or don't do well they're twats and Klopp is annoying

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's more about your friend group. Back when I worked on a team full of die hard soccer fans that supported Arsenal, Pool and Barca it would wreck my whole week when we lost. Now that I'm on a team that cares less I'm in my own bubble and it matters a little less to me. As I've grown older I have so many other distractions as well.
Indeed. Your friend group is what wrecks you after a defeat especially like this. When you don’t have that, it doesn’t really matter much. I had similar experiences at college and it used to give me headaches and that’s when we were good! Thank feck I got away from that

BuzzKillington

Has any of your anger changed the result? Are your scouse mates taking it any easier because you’re super duper angry? Has being angry made you feel any better? The shitty feeling is like a bag of bricks, and the only person you’re carrying it for is yourself, you can put it down if you want to.

Not being angry hasn’t changed the joy I got from our cup win, it’s not making me look forward to our next game any less. And it won’t take the gloss of any further trophies we win this year, or if we finish above them this year.

Feck the scousers and feck that freak result yesterday. I’ll be fecked if I’m letting it ruin any more of my days.

CloneMC16

After watching us getting fecked multiple times over the last year and a half, this was just another day at the office. Pretty used to it at this point.

After the game ended, I pretty much just forgot about it and got on with my evening.

RedDevil@84

As long as you don't act like a child and ask for everyone to get sacked, I guess it is ok to feel rage.

scottser

Yes rivalries are important in football, but loyalties are THE most important. So can everyone just shut up to feck and get behind our team?

I’m loving my life

We’re better at emphatically losing, and by extension, giving entertainment to the masses, than those cocksuckers.

So they can put that in their pipes and smoke it, boring cnuts.

Revan

Assumptionman

He is definitely a United fan. He just doesn’t belong in ‘the **** of the manager’ that most United fans belong to.

Gazza

This topic is really just another way of asking posters how old they are.

If you are in your teens or younger, then yeah I can imagine a 0-7 Liverpool like yesterday will absolutely destroy your day and probably your week. (Chelsea 0-5 in 1999 was that for me)
If you are in your 20s, then for sure it's a shit day, but you can go out and have a good time and forget about it. (Liverpool 1-4 in 2009)
If you are in or approaching your 30s, then you should really have more important things taking up your time to stop you being so miserable in the days after your football team takes a beating.

Sorry, I know it sounds snobbish, and I'm maybe not as dedicated a football fan as I used to be, but if you're a grown man and actually worried about or sensitive to rival fans taking the piss or reminding you of yesterday's result, then that's ridiculous.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think it's a case of not being a child and being able to look at the big picture. They matter but like... It's not like we haven't been having our best season by far post Sir Alex. So what do you want to do about it? Bitch and complain until everyone is depressed? Literally all that can be done is say "yeah that was shit, on to the next I guess". What's the point in going more?
In what way we are having the best season post SAF?

Trophy wise? Sure, we won Mickey Mouse cup, but we won Fa Cup with LVG and both Mickey Mouse Cup and Europa League with Mourinho. Unless we win another one, this is not the best season.

League position: At best we will finish third. We finished second with Mourinho and Ole, both of which by the way were shit.

Number of points: We are on course for a 75 point season. Mourinho managed 81, Ole 74.

Getting trashed: Well, only Ole managed to get so many humiliating defeats.

Football: It is not shit on a stick like with the other managers, but it is also far from great. No control at all on the games.

Now, don’t get me wrong, there have been quite some positive signs. We play a bit better than we did with the other managers. We defend a bit better unless when we totally collapse. We have a better team spirit and you see the likes of Casemiro, Varane and Lisandro giving it all for most games. There are definitely some good signs.

There is also quite a lot that remains to be done, and the jury IMO is completely yet to come. I think so far it has been a 7 out of 10 season, so this absolute ****-like belief in ten Hag is completely weird (but then the majority had a ****-like belief in Ole too). He has everything to prove that he is the right manager, and I hope he is able to do so next season.

Providing of course that we don’t collapse now and finish outside of UCL zone. In that case he would have proven that he is not the right one and should be sacked.

Andersonson

A league cup win doesnt cover up for that loss, or the other batterings we've taken this season. Top 4 is a must-happen scenario now for this project

FCAES_7

I don't believe any United fan wasn't angry or depressed after yesterday's game, especially we are doing very well this season and have been in a better form than Liverpool, that you might expect a loss but not to that degree. But in 3 days a new game is up vs a good team, it's not a time to keep attacking players and the manager while we are in the most important part of the season. It's how we go after this, if we are out of the EL, FA cup, and lose our spot at top 4 then this result will haunt us for a very long time. I wont even care about this game if we secure top 4 and still make a big impact on both EL & FA cup. I've seen the 5-0 loss vs Chelsea in the 90's, a 6-1 vs City at Old Trafford & watched 4-1 loss against Liverpool at home when we were both competing for the league and other games that didn't go our way, as much as yesterday was bad it's not the worst ever that i felt after a United defeat. as they say we go again can't wait for Thursday's game honestly.