When did you realise Moyes was not the man for United?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It does exist and it's a laugh riot. I have had a couple of beers as well so that helps. It's strange with Moyes. We smashed teams like Villa 4-1 at Home, Newcastle away 4-0. WBA 3-0 away and Villa away 3-0, Swansea 4-1, Bayer lever 5-0, 4-2. He did hammer a lot of the rubbish teams...a lot more so than Jose for example but against any half decent opponent he went to shite.
Yeah, I guess it is much better when you watch it in 2 hours opposed to 10-month experience. (with beers)

With him, it was just that he totally lost the dressing room. They did show up for some games and that's it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I dunno but it usually takes a while of going against the grain before the majority catch on.
Same with Rooney being past it and LVG being shite/not turning a corner for the 5th time.

Prodigy24

Newcastle loss was the breaking point. Knew then he was the wrong person for the job.

Everything prior to that was just hoping for the best.
I was already getting sick of him before that game, but his pre match comments and the following result confirmed it for me. No way back after that.

reddaz71

Way before he was actually appointed,did not want to believe the speculation and was hoping there was no truth to it.

Uniquim

I don't remember the exact moment, but firing Meulensteen & Phelan was a big one for me, and then the way we went about the summer transfer business. Then there were all the quotes he had in the media that probably sealed it. It didn't seem like he had the right mentality at all.

Amir

Back to back 0-1 defeats against Everton and Newcastle. I was actually at those games and realised the life was totally sucked from both the team and the crowd.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
When the rumors of his appointment started coming. Had a terrible feeling about him from day one. The photo of him at the manager's desk didn't help. :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
A few years before he got appointed, when some deluded idiots started mentioning his name as a potential manager.

While I disliked him from the beginning and had confidence on his abilities as a manager as in my abilities to drive a spaceship, I wanted him officially gone after the match against Newcastle.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If we're honest the night Mr Moyes Snr looked into Mrs Moyes' eyes and said 'Fancy a roll around?' was the night David Moyes was officially not ready to be Manchester United manager

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
the fulham 83 crosses game, realised this wasnt going to work.

The Hacker

As soon as SAF announced his retirement.

‘Out of his depth’ doesn’t even begin to cover the extent of how wrong he was wrong for the job.

I’ll never forgive him for his shoddy reign, his pathetic attempt to teach our team how to defend and for him wanting us to aspire to our rivals. I don’t feel this way towards anyone else, but I hope he fails in all his future roles.

Denis79

I actually thought he would do well... When said that Liverpool were favorites at OT, that was the second he lost the last of my support.

Swift Football

Around december time. But the sign was there when he dint sign any midfielder (I am not counting Fellaini)

Edit: when he was vacationing before taking over at OT.

Since then , Moyes has already managed to get sacked 3 times.

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I realized he was not a good fit after a month or 2 but after this stuff he said he said together with - Liverpool is coming to OT as a favorite and we need to aspire to be like City - I was absolutely livid.
That is the day he lost me. Before that I was juts following Fergie advice and being loyal to the new man. Even though our laughable home results vs cannon fodder earlier in the season up to that in famous fulham game had got me concerned he was out of his depths

extincti fugax hominum

The moment when Evra made the 37th cross out of 81 in "that" game. What an inspiring "coaching" from the man :lol:

Seriously though, i never wanted that clown to be in charge of Manchester United and even feared long before SAF retired that we would go for him when the man retires. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy and was clearly destined to fail. How Fergie thought otherwise i will never know.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Before his appointment. The entire idea of appointing someone that would not be considered for any other top club was bewildering to me.

Giethewill

Supports
Liverpool
When in a press conference against Liverpool at OT, he said Liverpool were the favourites for the game.

stevoc

When he was appointed I was highly skeptical.

When he took a holiday I became even more skeptical.

When we ended the summer woth Fellaini I started to seriously worry.

When he got rid of the backroom staff and brought in the staff from Everton against the recommendation from Fergie I knew it wasnt going go end well, however I was still open to being proven wrong.

When he insisted Rooney was the man and even went as far as to insinuate Ferguson didnt tell the truth I thought we had made a big mistake.

When we lost at home to Newcastle I was done with him
What was this about?

buckooo1978

I think it was after our defeat at home to Newcastle, Cabaye scored and we were
The moment when Evra made the 37th cross out of 81 in "that" game. What an inspiring "coaching" from the man :lol:

Seriously though, i never wanted that clown to be in charge of Manchester United and even feared long before SAF retired that we would go for him when the man retires. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy and was clearly destined to fail. How Fergie thought otherwise i will never know.
mad thing is that Fulham game was still better than about 15 of Van Gaal's

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
3 yrs before we signed him ie when i realised he will be our next manager. SAF was obsessed with british managers and he was the best of the bunch. That doesn't say much though as Moyes was clearly out of depth

buckooo1978

the Man City game away

we were spineless that day, a reflection on our manager

I was very concerned before that though when he got rid of our coaching team, said he needed 6 players - paid 28 million for Fellaini when his release fee was 23. The Rooney contract concerned me and it created a powerful position for him in the side - that was an awful transfer window