When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUp

What an absolutely ridiculous post.

I fecking hated David Moyes but thought he deserved at least until February, and I thought the club acted with real grace with both him & LVG by waiting until 4th was impossible. Both of those seasons could have been saved for CL football had something been done sooner.

But here you are, on the 3rd of November... what the holy feck.

Within the next month José's much changed team could have hit form and be firmly in the top 3. Or they could be in a similar position in February, either way I won't be thinking any such ridiculous thoughts until at least then.
I would take Jose's assistant Rui over Moyes any day of the week. He is the biggest reason we have fallen so far and in hindsight we should of let Phelan and Mulensteen run the squad until the right guy came along. I was just so disappointed that Manchester United and SAF went with their fifth choice of manager instead of coming up with something different and dare I say it, a bit out of the box. Moyes was a fecking disaster in every sense.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I've just read properly through the first few pages of this thread for the first time.

What the actual feck?! What has happened to our club? I know these are tough times but to be judging a manager of Mourinho's reputation like this, on the THIRD OF NOVEMBER, is insanity to me. I genuinely hope some of the comments are windups.
Some fans have become so used to manager sackings, they are not happy unless we sack our manager. And the worrying thing is that the patience is getting less with every firing.
At this rate, after Jose, the next manager will need to win every game or else he'll be fired the first game he gets a draw/loss!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I was just so disappointed that Manchester United and SAF went with their fifth choice of manager instead of coming up with something different and dare I say it, a bit out of the box. Moyes was a fecking disaster in every sense.
If Moyes was the 5th choice, why was he given a 6 year contract?
A 6 year contract is unprecedented in today's game and he'd only be given that contract if he was our unquestionable 1st choice.
Even Jose (with his massive reputation), only got a 3 year contract! And this time around, he was our 1st and only choice.
All the facts suggest that Moyes was our 1st choice and that we were extremely confident that he was absolutely the right man for the job.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Nothing in his career suggests he can build a title winning squad. Nothing.
So, all the league titles he actually did win, don't count?
With regards to LVG - he made it very clear that from here on in, we would be a 4th/5th place team and nothing more. He even asked fans to readjust their expectations, to reflect the new norm. He then made out that by winning the FA Cup, he'd achieved the most difficult task in World football. And lets not forget the most boring brand of football in the league, which LVG brought to Old Trafford.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A 6 year contract is unprecedented in today's game and he'd only be given that contract if he was our unquestionable 1st choice.
Even Jose (with his massive reputation), only got a 3 year contract! And this time around, he was our 1st and only choice.
All the facts suggest that Moyes was our 1st choice and that we were extremely confident that he was absolutely the right man for the job.
The difference is when Moyes was appointed, we had just come off of having the same manager for an incredibly long time, so naturally we were accustomed to keeping our manager and giving him trust.

When Jose was appointed we had learned the harsh reality that not everybody can be like SAF and since our blind trust costs this clubs money.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Because the coaching is more organised and having a greater impact on players. We also have players who are more than capable of lighting it up, such as Martial, Rashford and Mkhitaryan, who for various reasons are doing anything but.

Yet more grass is greener bullshit...
Except Hazard and Costa were lighting it up the year before under Mourinho and Rashford has quite a few goals to his name as well.

GiddyUp

By all accounts Pep, Mourinho and Ancelloti were sounded out before Moyes.

tomaldinho1

That goat Moyes always worms his way back into threads, such a bad appointment.

As for the OP, I had assumed it was a WUM. If we are genuinely questioning a manager in Nov we have truly turned into Real Madrid with their white hankies

sokol11

That goat Moyes always worms his way back into threads, such a bad appointment.

As for the OP, I had assumed it was a WUM. If we are genuinely questioning a manager in Nov we have truly turned into Real Madrid with their white hankies
I hope by goat you dont mean greatest of all time? :)

::sonny::

This is my worry. I'm not too concerned about it yet though, because it's difficult to tell and there's a lot of work needed with the team.

That's a bit much, but I agree he needs longer to shape the team and get rid of the problem makers before we judge
Romero
Jones
Rojo
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Fellaini
Young
Schweinsteiger
Rooney
Depay

On doubts x injury fear
Smalling
Shaw

On doubts for other reasons
Blind
Mkhitaryan
Mata
Martial

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Romero
Jones
Rojo
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Fellaini
Young
Schweinsteiger
Rooney
Depay

On doubts x injury fear
Smalling
Shaw

On doubts for other reasons
Blind
Mkhitaryan
Mata
Martial
I agree that most of your first list can go. Happy to keep Young/Darmien on as backup. Romero is fine as a backup keeper unless he wants to go.

Don't agree with the rest. Smalling should become backup, Shaw should get another season, Blind should be backup, Mhki is impossible to say right now, Mata is performing very well, and Martial deserves another season unless the rumours of him causing issues are true.

tomaldinho1

I hope by goat you dont mean greatest of all time? :)
Haha my anger at Moyes is just a cover up - all hail David. Genuinely can't believe how bad he has been since getting the sack. Win ratio at Sociedad 28%, Sunderland 21%

Munich_1958

I see the meltdown is well and truly started this is why I don't come on here often there is so many pathetic glory hunters, Mourinho 15 games in and people want his head fs....Hope he gets his 3 years even if we end of tenth this season...Jose will win us the title

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I see the meltdown is well and truly started this is why I don't come on here often there is so many pathetic glory hunters, Mourinho 15 games in and people want his head fs....Hope he gets his 3 years even if we end of tenth this season...Jose will win us the title
This.

rocks13

What if he finishes 10th again next season? Would you still keep him for a third year?

soapythecat

I don't feel his job is under threat but every time he starts Rooney and gives him the armband, he is testing the patience of fans who see the worthless pick that is WR.
Ok, I can't stand Rooney but it's comical the minutes the bloke gets in a United shirt and JM needs to move him on if this team is going to change.

P.Head

D.Head
I do ..

I would happily take a humiliating pasting today if it meant getting this obnoxious cockbiscuit out of our club!

red4ever 79

It doesnt this season. I think we will finish around 6th in the league but fully expect Mourinho to be here next season. I think he does need to pull him self together though quickly. He seems irritable (more than usual) depressed and has lost some spark. I really hope Mourinho can get the players out of the club who are past their sell by dates - not good enough. I dont want to see us looking for our 4th manager in 5 years. We need stability and need to give him time.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I suspect this thread or similar will be active after the game.

Stringer

Cowardly tactics after we scored cost us the win. Arsenal were all over the place and it should have been killed off. No way we were going to see the game out with the state of our defence.

Treble

Shame about the result but that was a very good performance. Wouldn't blame Mou.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cowardly tactics after we scored cost us the win. Arsenal were all over the place and it should have been killed off. No way we were going to see the game out with the state of our defence.
We were 3 minutes away and unlucky to concede. That is just pure nonsense.

SirScholes

Sensible tactics bore off, the only person to blame here if you want to point the finger is the ease in which chamberlain got past rashford and that's being picky

AndyJ1985

Not his fault today, he did everything right. Certain players keep letting us down.

Varun

Staff
Unless you expect Mourinho to head that cross away or tackle Ox, it's unbelievable to blame him for this. Absolutely ridiculous

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
God we've been so unlucky the past games. Burnety, Arsenal and Stoke should've all been 3 points.

We are clearly on the way up, a solid defense and GOOD wingers will change that

Status
Not open for further replies.