When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky10Legend

If you cant see positives after today you arent looking for them.

Top 4 this year, maybe not.

But i finally get the sense we are moving forward.

Cowardly tactics after we scored cost us the win. Arsenal were all over the place and it should have been killed off. No way we were going to see the game out with the state of our defence.
Blame Rashford, United still had chances after the goal & one player let us down with an absolutely horrific job of defending.

Stringer

We were 3 minutes away and unlucky to concede. That is just pure nonsense.
How were we unlucky? We sat deep, invited Arsenal on to us and they scored. Hardly surprising with the way we have played this season.

Sensible tactics bore off, the only person to blame here if you want to point the finger is the ease in which chamberlain got past rashford and that's being picky
Sensible tactics would have been to take advantage of our superiority not hand the initiative back to the opposition who had offered nothing all game. As for Rashford's mistake that's what happen when the opposition have the ball and you don't put them under pressure.

Trizy

How has this thread got bumped after we dominated Arsenal today?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Yeah, I wanted to post the same thing during the game. We lack firepower and we need to replace Carrick but collectively we are balanced. If Mourinho builds on what we did today, we should be fine.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I do ..

I would happily take a humiliating pasting today if it meant getting this obnoxious cockbiscuit out of our club!
Definitely the term that comes to mind reading your post.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Fecking hell, the amount of people who are saying shite like "delete this thread" is ridiculous.

It is much too early to sack Mourinho. However the point is when do we approach that point? Some people have said they'd be fine with us finishing sixth. I don't get that. For me we have to see improvement on last season, so I'd have to see signs we're getting top four. As of now it looks like a distinct possibility so we keep him around.

But to act like this thread is unwarranted smacks of people keeping their head in the sand. We're currently on less points than Moyes had, less goals than LVG had and the results simply aren't improving.

MrPooni

Every time this thread is bumped I die a little inside. Get a fecking grip.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Cowardly tactics after we scored cost us the win. Arsenal were all over the place and it should have been killed off. No way we were going to see the game out with the state of our defence.
State of our defence? They created like one and a half chances during the entire match.. We were still the attacking team after the goal. Arsenal had a 2min spell on our half and they created a cross from it which they scored on. If you have some sort of tactic that can prevent the other team from getting to one single crossing opportunity then please tell me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of course we can't think of sacking him. But we could be 10 points behind Liverpool soon. That is abysmal and unacceptable. If it were LVG, it would be that and it should be the same under Jose. His biggest goal should have been to fix our attack and he's been terrible at it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We were very good today, bossed the game. Thought Mou got it right, but he needs to be more positive with his subs, it sets the wrong tone for the players I feel. Young should be coming on for Mata, gives us more pace on the counter and we were winning the midfield battle

Yeah, blame an attacker for defending as a LB. What about the moment when someone decided to put Rooney in the middle when the team was functioning fine?
I'd blame anyone who did such an awful job, I don't care about his position.

Rashford is more than capable there so let's just call a spade a spade, he fecked up, these things happen.

Varun

Staff
Fecking hell, the amount of people who are saying shite like "delete this thread" is ridiculous.

It is much too early to sack Mourinho. However the point is when do we approach that point? Some people have said they'd be fine with us finishing sixth. I don't get that. For me we have to see improvement on last season, so I'd have to see signs we're getting top four. As of now it looks like a distinct possibility so we keep him around.

But to act like this thread is unwarranted smacks of people keeping their head in the sand. We're currently on less points than Moyes had, less goals than LVG had and the results simply aren't improving.
If you haven't seen improvements on last season you've not been looking.

EmPeeKay

Jose Mourinho is not under threat at this moment in time purely on the basis of his reputation and his past achievements. Yes, things are starting to look a bit better on the pitch, but we're not winning games and this is very worrying indeed......:annoyed::confused::rolleyes:

SirScholes

How were we unlucky? We sat deep, invited Arsenal on to us and they scored. Hardly surprising with the way we have played this season.

Sensible tactics would have been to take advantage of our superiority not hand the initiative back to the opposition who had offered nothing all game. As for Rashford's mistake that's what happen when the opposition have the ball and you don't put them under pressure.
No you see the game out with on,y a few minutes left you don't chase a 2nd common sense really

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If you haven't seen improvements on last season you've not been looking.
There have been improvement on last season (somewhat)

After a record transfer spend. And no Champions League football. And less injuries.

So this mitigates it somewhat. We HAD to improve after last season, my worry is that after having a relatively easy run of fixtures and a ridiculous net spend I'm seeing worse results and sometimes performances just as bad.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

There's absolute nothing to indicate that, despite our spending, we're any better off than we were under Van Gaal. It's exactly the same as it was under him. A good performance here, a win there, sprinkled with losses everywhere, and a totality that sums up to nowhere good enough.

MrPooni

I agree that there's value in asking the question this thread puts forth but within the context of this season and today's performance I find some of the bumps and comments utterly ridiculous. But that's just me.

Varun

Staff
There have been improvement on last season (somewhat)

After a record transfer spend. And no Champions League football. And less injuries.

So this mitigates it somewhat. We HAD to improve after last season, my worry is that after having a relatively easy run of fixtures and a ridiculous net spend I'm seeing worse results and sometimes performances just as bad.
Out general performance has been much better. We've not got the results, no arguments there but we've played well. Lots of shit points dropped which is down to the players on the pitch and not the manager. When you play like we did vs Stoke, Burnley or Arsenal, it's upto the players to bring it home. The manager cannot get on the pitch.

We can either keep taking the escapist route and simply say it's all down to the manager or we can look deeper.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I agree that there's value in asking the question this thread puts forth but within the context of this season and today's performance I find some of the bumps and comments utterly ridiculous. But that's just me.
Mate we've had ridiculous posts in here for years. You just learn to ignore them!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Out general performance has been much better. We've not got the results, no arguments there but we've played well. Lots of shit points dropped which is down to the players on the pitch and not the manager. When you play like we did vs Stoke, Burnley or Arsenal, it's upto the players to bring it home. The manager cannot get on the pitch.

We can either keep taking the escapist route and simply say it's all down to the manager or we can look deeper.
There's also been performances just as bad. The thing that sticks in my mind at the moment is last years home game against Arsenal for obvious reasons. We had more injuries, felt more under the cosh and yet it was probably one of the best games in the last few years. It just come together.

The goal today at the end felt like symbolism for something bigger. That something just isn't working at the moment. Because that goal doesn't happen when your club is flying.

Member 5225

Haven't read this thread but...
Who is even contemplating sacking him....hopefully no one! :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.