When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe we could swap him for Ancelotti. I wouldn't mind. Neither would Bayern at this point.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm only messing. Fair play for being so optimistic!
You're entitled to your opinions pal and you do come across as someone who bleeds red so I'm going to be gentle. .

Just relax. I know it's hard and I know it's difficult but you need to trust some of the top players we do have to pull through along with the proven pedigree of Mourinho who love him or hate him is a winner.

Cina

Why do you want a prick at your football club? I just can't get behind him.
I feel like this post from Mockney should be quoted anytime you or someone else poses a question like this
On the same hysterical, pantomime fan-scale of judgement that also deems 53 year old father of two, and sometime professional football manager Jose Mourinho a "huge prick" too? Yes. Unquestionably.

Considering none of us know the sum-total of bum about any of them anyway, and that the comparative hugeness of their pricks is merely an overwrought argument about "the silliest shit they've done in football", I can't even imagine an argument for the humungous "prick" status that Jose enjoys, that would somehow, also, simultaneously absolve that trilogy of greats from the same swinging prick of judgement... Can you?

I mean, as iconic (and lets be honest, hilarious) it is now, I don't think you've quite registered how utterly ridiculous it was for reigning PFA Player of The Year Eric Cantona, to jump feet first into a stadium crowd, to kick a real life, mostly human opposition fan! Yeah, Mourinho once childishly prodded someone in the eye and then ran away, like Richard Hammond in a Top Gear ruck, but Eric Cantona JUMPED INTO THE CROWD AND HIT A FAN!! He almost took an old woman's head off too!

Then of course you've got Keano, who tried to end someone's career over a bizarre 4 year grudge that originally stemmed from an injury he got whilst TRYING TO FOUL SOMEONE!! .... And that's without dipping into the long, stamp-heavy, disciplinary record of both players, on and off the field.

Fergie, meanwhile, kicked a boot at his own player's head, sold his best defender for a ghost written anecdote about a petrol station, sued his own shareholders over a literal gifthorse, which ultimately contributed toward the Glazer Takeover, goaded a fellow manager into a public breakdown by going on a "disrespectful" rant about another fellow manager, banned scores of critical journos and slammed tonnes of referees, all the while refusing to speak to the BBC for seven years after one show said his son was dodgy, even though United's board at the time basically confirmed it by blacklisting him as an agent soon after!....
Mourinho was admittedly a dick to the only famous club doctor in the league (nay world!) but unless he did it whilst on the triple-prick-score square in Cuntopoly, I'm a bit lost at how he makes up the ground?

I've seen you say in other threads that you "don't get" the love for Mourinho. Well, the same bafflement you get from fans embracing a former rival (like, say Alan Smith, or RVP?) I get from the consistent and stubborn unwillingness to notice (or at least admit) that Jose is, and has always been, the most ball-tazering, lemon buggeringly obvious representation of a modern, Fergie-type manager. In almost every possible respect. The mind games, the calculated provocations, the siege mentality, cult of personalities, deep rooted loyalty followed by explosive media bust ups...Right down to the preferred fast counterattacking style, but the occasional reliance on bland pragmacy in the harder games, no manager shares nearly as many traits with Fergie as Jose does. Not by a country mile.

But of all the traits they share. The best one. The one that reallygets me excited about this whole thing, is the trait they both have of being a huge, belligerent, confrontational, arrogant, talented, winning... prick.

Jaybomb

So much shite being posted in here it's hard to know where to start.

The thread itself is an embarrassment and I really do wish that rather than moan some of you would do the club a favour and feck off elsewhere.
Agreed. Some people never wanted him here in the first place and now they're desperate to get him out as soon as possible so they can be proved "right".

Sad really.

Needham

When a recently fired famous manager writes a six-page letter outlining how they could do his job better

lem8sh

So much shite being posted in here it's hard to know where to start.

The thread itself is an embarrassment and I really do wish that rather than moan some of you would do the club a favour and feck off elsewhere.
Start at the first post, then close the laptop. Can't get any worse than this thread.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe we could swap him for Ancelotti. I wouldn't mind. Neither would Bayern at this point.
Not for me we need a guy with big balls to sort out this mess and Jose is the best. Time will prove this I have no doubt.

soapythecat

We could finish mid table and I will still want Jose to stay. Recent United performances have not been anything like the way we have seen a Jose team play (aside from the well executed Liverpool result). On the back of years of similar static and slow football you have to look at the players and captain. If we got rid of Jose who comes in to replace him and what confidence would they have in the job, given that one of the best couldn't turn it around and was sacked after one season? We have to stick with one man at some stage and that needs to happen before we go through a dozen managers hoping one will find an answer. We need to stop worrying about losing some fans, Adidas money and all the other stuff and concentrate on getting some stability in the team and that could take years. Fans, money and sponsorship will all come back but we need to stop messing about with managers now we have one of the best.
So many players in this squad are not performing and came at an inflated price but Jose needs to be ruthless. For me, it has to start with Rooney and getting rid. He is one of the constants in our poor play over the years and he is the captain. If we are going to change we have to make changes - big changes as the squad is a mess. Stop wasting money on average squad players (rojo, etc) and spend on big quality and back up with youth.

Born2Lose

oh really? The one who swapped shirt and had big smile after that embarrassing loss is exactly the one he worked and works well with. He brought that guy here to be his talisman, his warrior on field and insists to still play him even that guy had not done his job for 7 matches.
There's definitely a touch of "my captain shall always play" about Mourinho and Ibrahimovic.

Djemba-Djemba

I've gone extremist Mourinho. He should be backed to the hilt, let him do the job.

He should get at least 2 years to sort this mess out. I trust he's the right man. This season is going to another shitty one sadly, but he'll get us right.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I want to believe in Mou, I truly do, but the absolute state of some his team selections is testing my faith.

Castia

Feck me this is gonna get him crucified if we lose this, that team is probably the weirdest (even discounting the injuries at the back) starting 11 I've seen for some time. Bring on the Jones-Rojo-Fellaini-Rooney combo at the spine of our time today, Swansea must be bricking it.

Litch

Some complete stupidity I'm reading on here. We've put out more so called exciting teams that have done rock all. The players not playing have done nothing to justify starts anyway....

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I really want to like mourinho but as every game comes by I find myself hating him more.

iKeano

Mhiki banished again.
TFM overlooked for Phil Jones. Phil. Jones.
Rashford & Martial dropped.
Is José just writing this game off like he tried to with BFS?!

Bizarre. Utterly bizarre.

With any luck Jones and Fellaini will collide and both have to come off.

Just depressing, completely depressing.

Castia

Some complete stupidity I'm reading on here. We've put out more so called exciting teams that have done rock all. The players not playing have done nothing to justify starts anyway....

Of course they have, the ones missing are generally the same ones who always get left out without getting a proper run. People want to see Rashford get a chance upfront with Martial getting a run of games on the left (scored 2 in 2 then barely played since) then the obvious one is mkhitaryan on the right.

We might not win today with those 3 leading the line because they've barely had a chance together but that should be the starting 3 until they gel.

Even if it means Zlatan starting get Rashford on upfront at some point he needs to play through the middle, same with Mkhitaryan he won't do anything playing 15 minutes every 6 games he needs a run on the right.

Litch

Of course they have, the ones missing are generally the same ones who always get left out without getting a proper run. People want to see Rashford get a chance upfront with Martial getting a run of games on the left (scored 2 in 2 then barely played since) then the obvious one is mkhitaryan on the right.

We might not win today with those 3 leading the line because they've barely had a chance together but that should be the starting 3 until they gel.

Even if it means Zlatan starting get Rashford on upfront at some point he needs to play through the middle, same with Mkhitaryan he won't do anything playing 15 minutes every 6 games he needs a run on the right.
Proper run of games? Here's one for you, the ones left out have done nothing to justify to start. What people want, I've seen nothing from Martial to justify a start. Rashford needs a rest. For me I'd sooner take a view after the game than before anyone's kicked a ball....

BarstoolProphet

The thing is, what has the players selected done to deserve a starting place? Atleast you can make a case for the players being left out that they are severely more talented than the bunch starting. This is plain sabotage. I want Mourinho to finally settle down at a club but if we lose today his job deserves to be under scrutiny.

Castia

• Proper run of games? Here's one for you, the ones left out have done nothing to justify to start. What people want, I've seen nothing from Martial to justify a start. Rashford needs a rest. For me I'd sooner take a view after the game than before anyone's kicked a ball....
    Well Martial started slowly then got injured, after his injury he looked alright like I said he got 2 in 2 whilst also scoring for France, he then suddenly finds himself out of the squad and that bit of confidence gone with it.
The others will never justify a start if they get 15-20 minutes to impress every 6 games it's impossible. Just look at Rashford on the wing he's been terrible lately, he's completely wasted yet he gets dropped while Zlatan can't hit a barn door starts every week in his position upfront.

Litch

The thing is, what has the players selected done to deserve a starting place? Atleast you can make a case for the players being left out that they are severely more talented than the bunch starting. This is plain sabotage. I want Mourinho to finally settle down at a club but if we lose today his job deserves to be under scrutiny.
Deserve? I'm not bothered about talent, I want that to be evident on the pitch. Not saying it would be my choice of teams but I'm frustrated as hell with some of the so called talent.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Fed up with him playing literally a different side every week, today's lineup must be the most one dimensional and slow side you could ever pick.

LVG was never this bad!!

kumoli

Supports
Ajax
Martial, Rashford , TFM, Blind on the bench.
Mourinho is killing the future and trying to get his money pretty quick by getting the sack. It's so obvious with Mou. Still living in hotel, not for nothing . Since he left Inter he left all the previous clubs in a big mess .
We never should have sent away LvG .
Get Kouman if possible , pay Everton and we have manager for long period .

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Martial, Rashford , TFM, Blind on the bench.
Mourinho is killing the future and trying to get his money pretty quick by getting the sack. It's so obvious with Mou. Still living in hotel, not for nothing . Since he left Inter he left all the previous clubs in a big mess .
We never should have sent away LvG .
Get Kouman if possible , pay Everton and we have manager for long period .
What a trainwreck of a post. How can this be in the mains?

Status
Not open for further replies.