When will we win our next Premier League Title?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So do City’s owners and I’m sure all their clubs haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

You’re being negative and defeatist imo.
Realist / defeatist, it can be a fine line at times. Often only separated by the disposition of the observer.

Anyway, you’ve still not answered yourself - when do you predict our next PL title?

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I genuinely think, taking health into account, that I won’t see us winning it again in my life time. I cannot understand people celebrating the INOES deal. I understand being anti Qatar but that shouldn’t mean you automatically are pro INEOS. This move is gonna destroy us, I reckon in the next decade or two, City and Liverpool will have more trophies than us and left us far away in the rear view mirror. Genuinely believe the club is fecked for a long long long time
this is what i think as well

Utd7

Won’t be anytime soon. 2030s at the earliest. If you think about it, Arsenal are going on 20 years and they were not close to this dysfunctional during the later Wegner years. It only just appears with their crop of talent + the right manger in Arteta that they’ll have a great chance in the next 3 years. Plus the league is more competitive top to bottom.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Won’t be anytime soon. 2030s at the earliest. If you think about it, Arsenal are going on 20 years and they were not close to this dysfunctional during the later Wegner years. It only just appears with their crop of talent + the right manger in Arteta that they’ll have a great chance in the next 3 years. Plus the league is more competitive top to bottom.
Arsenal have been worse than us and have finished outside of the top 4 in three consecutive years, where they finished 8th, 8th, 5th. And that was under the current setup.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Results will always paint a picture in peoples minds about how good or bad the situation is currently. But if one takes a step back and attempts to understand what the problems stopping ten Hag from implementing his strategy are, then it's easy to see that those issues are easily rectified by players returning from injury and with the ownership providing the funds for additional players to arrive via the transfer market.

Ten Hag wants his team to play the game in the opponent's half. So the vision is set in stone and we have to try and understand where the weaknesses are and what needs to be done to make us a team that has the capability to play in a compact high block high up the pitch. And imo there's three things that have to be taken into consideration when creating a team to play the game in the opponent's half within the positional principles . Those three things are.. 1. having the ability to play to play out from the back. 2. having the ability to press high in a compact high block as a team. 3. having the ability to control defensive transitions in larger spaces.

1. Our play out from the back should be improved now that we have Amrabat available with Mainoo hopefully not far behind. Not having the aforementioned options for different reasons has caused us problems imo.

2. We've improved a lot at pressing high in comparison to what we saw under Mourinho and Solskjaer. With the only problem being that we don't commit both our fullbacks to the high press which seems to be a instruction from the manager.

3. We're the worst team at controlling defensive transitions because our CBs are not good at all at defending a large space hence our high press isn't as effective as it could be. Varane is our best player in that regard with Martinez being the best in possession. But we need CBs who are good both in possesion and out of possession in a higher defensive line to enforce the high press and control larger spaces against quick attackers.

If we can add 4 players to the starting 11, then we will have taken a big step towards being a very competitive team imo. This is the first time since Fergie retired where I can see a direction taking shape that correlates to the modern day reality of creating a team that plays a dominant brand of football. That might not make a lot of sense to people who are overly focused just on the results and how many points have been accrued. But I'm expecting us to build the team around the 3 principles mentioned above. And if we do that, it won't take as long as many think to challenge for the league.

And whatever one may think of Ratcliffe and INEOS. They have a lot of money and have the potential to make a real difference on the football side of the club.

KD6-3.7

At this moment I don’t see us winning the league again for at least another two decades. It’s been over a decade since SAF left and we’ve been in a pretty consistent run of terrible decisions from the club on and off the field, even our somewhat promising seasons we never actually came close to winning the league and we always followed it up with a shocker. I just don’t see it I’m afraid.

City won’t always have Pep and I think once he leaves they won’t be as dominant as they currently are but they seem to have an incredibly sound structure within the club that the standards won’t drop that much but I don’t think United will be there to capitalise on those down seasons.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Im usually very pessimistic when it comes into this but then you look at Arsenal from two years ago vs now and begin to think within 5 years is a possibility. As long as we have a manager we can trust and we sign the correct players, something we have been lacking in the past decade. Change the board and we might be able to pull it off, Pep wouldnt still be at City in 5 years.

lex talionis

Impossible to say, but certainly at least a generation from now. There’s nothing about the Ratcliffe gambit that offers us any hope of catching Arsenal, let alone City. We can probably muddle along in the Europa League, possibly even snatching the EL trophy once. But a PL title? Best to stream videos of a bygone era.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
We didn’t win one for 41 years after winning it in 1911 and didn’t win one for 26 years after the successful period under Busby till Sir Alex came around.

Also to note, only 3 managers have ever won the league title in United’s history.

I think it might be a while.
41-26 = 15
26-15 = 11

United to win it next year, confirmed!

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Unfortunately civilisation as we know it will end due to some looming threat. Which means we'll never win it again and no one will be around to quote this post

Himannv

Embarrassing stuff here as usual.
Why? 2040s seems like a reasonable prediction compared to what others are saying.

City will win most of the titles for a good while regardless of who our owners are. Even Liverpool and Arsenal will struggle to win it ahead of them and it’ll take a very strong performance by them to get there.

Currently we aren’t even close to being in the discussion - we are a side that can finish 3rd at best and are top 10 at worst. Changing that dynamic itself will take a good while even with a new owner.

Under the current ownership, nothing really changes. It will take a lot of time and investment to make us first in class in all footballing aspects both on and off the pitch - that level of investment is simply not on the cards for a good while.

Marcus

I don't think we will win another one for at least a decade. Something has to change fundamentally. Of course, if stars align, we could pull off a Leceister.

Marcus

It's just football. If we are the first team after the oil clubs, I consider it a title win.

Micky Targaryen

My most realistic guess would be at least a decade more of mediocrity. Rival clubs are zooming ahead of us with proper succession and ownership, while we keep trying to convince ourselves that all is fine and dandy on our moral horse ride.
So I would guess 2035 is when we start bucking up.

Bole Top

certainly not for another 5 years, but both Pep and Haaland will be gone eventually and when that happens, this team needs to be where Arsenal or Liverpool are now. it will be enough to compete at least under the right manager.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not on our lifetime

We aren’t bad enough to be relegated but we’re a mid level club on and off the pitch so that’s where we will finish. Languishing between 7th and 12th for the foreseeable.

Red_Aaron

Until Gaurdiola leaves all the other clubs in England are competing to win the other 2-3 league titles in a 10 year period. He's the best coach in the world and imho is the biggest single reason for their success. Giant, bloaty, financially doped squad or not when he's gone they'll be catchable, we've all seen what the wrong manager can do to a good squad and giant, bloaty, financially doped squads will be full of egos that can turn on a dime.

I know we've had a bad start but I still think we're in the chasing pack, a breakout player here, slice of luck there and we could nick one of those odd titles city don't win

But yeah, we'll need that bald feck to feck off sooner rather than later

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I think Newcastle are on course to win it in 2026-27. We'll be the next Newcastle. Do the math.

On a more serious note, i agree with those who are ringing the alarm bells. City are very alluring to younger generations who, in the current climate, couldn't care less where their money comes from. Not just the "plastics", as some may call them, but kids with a genuine interest in the sport. It's a weird thing, too, being at the receiving end of all the irony, sarcasm or vitriol from the people who used to hate our guts, while, at the same time, being perceived as an old relic by the next generation. We are of no interest to the world outside our failures.

Which is the point, really. There's no need to awaken the "sleeping giant" because he's dead. Accept that and move on. Realise where we are, what we're doing wrong and that "change" isn't just an empty word hidden behind throwing money into a bottomless pit to pretend we're still among the big boys. The only sad thing is that SAF probably won't get the chance to see United win the PL again. It was such an emotional moment when Busby saw the curse finally being lifted.

henrysquire

Yeah I mean those aged 15/16 might just about remember our last league title. Our only salvation is that the dads of this generation might be United supporters.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Realist / defeatist, it can be a fine line at times. Often only separated by the disposition of the observer.

Anyway, you’ve still not answered yourself - when do you predict our next PL title?
I have no idea :lol: nobody does. Depends on a myriad of factors.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why? 2040s seems like a reasonable prediction compared to what others are saying.

City will win most of the titles for a good while regardless of who our owners are. Even Liverpool and Arsenal will struggle to win it ahead of them and it’ll take a very strong performance by them to get there.

Currently we aren’t even close to being in the discussion - we are a side that can finish 3rd at best and are top 10 at worst. Changing that dynamic itself will take a good while even with a new owner.

Under the current ownership, nothing really changes. It will take a lot of time and investment to make us first in class in all footballing aspects both on and off the pitch - that level of investment is simply not on the cards for a good while.
Purely on judging a new ‘owner’ before they’ve even arrived and going down the most negative potential route possible.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
After a difficult start and 2nd season now, things will start clicking for Ten Hag & this team at some point during the season and - with another 2-3 key signings, we'll win the league next year! Next year is our year, mate! *Yes, sue me for being delusional positive!

wolvored

Depends if the sale goes through. If Ineos do run the sporting side as reported, we could win it in the next 5 seasons. Depends how competent they are. If the sale falls through, or the running of the club remains the same, then never. We will gradually be a Villa, flirting with top 6 every other season.

Flying high

We didn’t win one for 41 years after winning it in 1911 and didn’t win one for 26 years after the successful period under Busby till Sir Alex came around.

Also to note, only 3 managers have ever won the league title in United’s history.

I think it might be a while.
It's odd how both us and that lot down the road have had such long barren periods.

2038 is my guess. I hope I get to see it. :mad:

Edit: For whatever it's worth, when we didn't win with Moyes, I knew we were in for a very long haul. History repeating itself and all that.

James35

I’d comfortably say we aren’t winning a league or CL in the next 15 years. Probably go longer than the 26 year wait we had before 92/93.

In fact I think we’ll gradually become a consistent 5th-8th placed team in league.

City will overtake our leagues by then also to become the most successful English team.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Honestly, I don't expect to see United Champions again in my lifetime.

LInkash

Maybe in a few generations, Americans will be more into football and the Glazer great-great-great-grandchildren who inherit the club will take it more seriously.