Where do you expect us to finish this season?

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Based on our own and the rival's current form I actually expect 6th-7th. If we can turn things around I think we should be able to pull of 3rd-4th, Chelsea are dropping points pretty regularly, and hopefully Pool will bottle it soon.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think 4th is gone. We're not catching Arsenal, City and Chelsea, Liverpool have been very consistent and will probably stretch the gap in the coming weeks. I'm hoping for 7th because I don't want us to be in Europa League.

Jaap

The only positive thing is, that other teams (incl. Chelsea, City) have been far from consistent.

We are SEVEN points off fourth place - IF we had beaten Everton & Newcastle, we'd be in fifth place. It's not over & certainly not the end of the world.

RonaldoVII

4th is still well within reach. Look at Liverpool's next 4 games. There will be loads of points dropped around Christmas, we just need to stop the rot.

rio's upper lip

4th, 5th or 6th. I can't see the likes of Everton and Newcastle staying above us for the rest of the season. Moyes has been anything but inspiring so far, but there's too much quality in the squad drop further than 6th. Liverpool have looked much stronger than us and may well pip us to 4th. Spurs are a bit unpredictable at the moment, but they just might string a few decent results together.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
5th or 6th I reckon but it's hard to say this side of January.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cannot answer until Feb 1st. We need to just aim for fourth now, and then if/once we get there, review it and see if we can go higher.

Glanville95

I'll still go with 4th, whether that sounds far-fetched or not I don't know, but I really can't see us getting worse than we have been recently.

We are in a rut and our midfield is an embarrassment, but I think things will pick up a bit - even though there haven't been signs to suggest that. If we can somehow hit a good streak of form and get maximum or near maximum points before January and then be active in the transfer window, we could be in a good position and put ourselves in contention for top four.

Liverpool look very good and will continue to score at will, but the only goal source they have is Suarez and Sturridge, while not having the best depth. This is going on the basis of practically everything going in our favour - the best case scenario.

It'll be an uphill task, we aren't favourites for fourth and we need to put ourselves back into contention before January, but I wouldn't write us off just yet.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
4th is still well within reach. Look at Liverpool's next 4 games. There will be loads of points dropped around Christmas, we just need to stop the rot.

Their isnt a great deal to be worried about in terms of who we need to finish ahead of to get 4th-Spurs,Everton,Liverpool. We can easily finish ahead of them if we get our act together. But if we let the gap grow to 10+ we can forget it. In current form that could easily happen before Jan 1st.

Glanville95

It doesn't really matter who the other sides are playing though does it? We have constantly failed to capitalise on the big sides dropping points. Next week Liverpool play Spurs and Arsenal play City, but will we even beat Villa?

Doubtful with the way we're playing.

JonDahl

I think 4th is gone. We're not catching Arsenal, City and Chelsea, Liverpool have been very consistent and will probably stretch the gap in the coming weeks. I'm hoping for 7th because I don't want us to be in Europa League.

So depressing reading this - probably because I think it's true.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I just don't fecking know. We won't finish above Chelsea, Arsenal or City. Liverpool are a Suarez injury/megaban/racist insult away from collapsing. Spurs are Spurs. We'll finish above Newcastle & Southampton for sure. Everton are alright and I'll think we'll finish besides them. I'll go for 5th.

TOM_H

5th or 6th.

Defence - Evans needs to be with either Smalling or Jones now to get a partnership going as Vidic & Rio are coming to the end. Evra needs replacing as he can"t track back and loses consentration too often

Midfield - Young, Nani, Anderson & Cleverley need to be sold as they"re not good enough. None of these would get into Arsenal, Chelsea or City.
Kagawa needs to play in his prefered number 10 role. This is vital as when Rooney realises that there won"t he any Champions League football next season he will not sign a new contract and will be off to Chelsea.

Fellaini - looks out of his depth and will prove to be a bad buy.

Backroom Staff - not experienced enough for title challanges anymore, very big mistake this one.

Moyes has a big job on his hands and will need time.

It"s going to take around 4 years to sort out I"m guessing.

Rory 7

If we don't finish in the top four I really really hope we finish 8th or 9th and avoid that shite on a Thursday night. Look at the bounce Liverpool are getting this year from not playing in the Europa. We need to avoid that shite at all costs.

Havak

Pokemon master
I hope we don't end up in the Europa League - but that means we can't win one of the other cups either.

We'll fluke the Champions League and Liverpool will finish fourth, that'll do.

Woodzy

Based on the quality of the teams we are struggling against at the moment, I don't think it's unrealistic to say we will finish in the sort of area of the table we are in currently.

Backrow Singer

How are people expected to predict where we will finish at this stage of the season? The top four certainly needs to be priority for now, certainly until January. If we can strengthen in the correct areas, who knows. Without meaning to point out the obvious, all we can do at this stage is focus on winning games. If we can find some continuity, both in regards to our form and team selections, then we will have something to build on at the very least.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And who could we get in the short term to suddenly improve on Moyes? There's no one available for a short term fix.
In a dream scenario, Sir Alex comes back for half a season like Sir Matt did. No chance of that though, and Moyes will get the full year anyway.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
In a dream scenario, Sir Alex comes back for half a season like Sir Matt did. No chance of that though, and Moyes will get the full year anyway.

He could do that, but as you said, no chance. He said himself "stand by your new manager" just as he left, so coming back would be the most contradicting act. We need to stick for at least this year, and if he really does fail to get 4th place ahead of the likes of Liverpool or Everton then he should be very concerned about his job.

Will Absolute

It should be remembered that 5th might be good enough to secure a CL place.

I believe the results of the UEFA committee's examination of club accounts will be announced in March. City are certain to fail, so it's then down to UEFA to decide whether to impose a lesser punishment for a first offence, or an outright ban. If the latter, presumably the 5th placed club in the Premiership will be invited to take their place.

Skywarden

Depressing read all over the thread but I think we'll end up fourth +/-1 spot. We'll find some sort of form eventually....right?

:(

Adebesi

I said 3rd in September. Im saying 6th now. Top 4 is still possible of course but if I had to put my house on where I think we will come, id say 6th.

I would say "oh well, next year will be our year", but I know what that makes me sound like.