Where do you expect us to finish this season?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well, there's definitely no way we're finishing below 7th and 4th would be a big achievement from here. I'd guess 5th?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we achieve 4th, I will believe in miracles; the combined powers of Mohammed, Buddha and Jesus and as the ultimate holy trinity. Otherwise, 6th is most likely.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I should be looking at losing a shit load of money this summer. The amount of bets I attempted to take on.

I have about 5 in place, could have been triple if I had my way.

United to finish above Liverpool, to make top 3, to finish above Arsenal and Spurs, to make top 4, to finish within 5 points of 1st.

I was so fecking confident with all of them too, it's not looking good boys.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I should be looking at losing a shit load of money this summer. The amount of bets I attempted to take on.

I have about 5 in place, could have been triple if I had my way.

United to finish above Liverpool, to make top 3, to finish above Arsenal and Spurs, to make top 4, to finish within 5 points of 1st.

I was so fecking confident with all of them too, it's not looking good boys.
Good luck. Based on last night's match...

Alock1

Good luck. Based on last night's match...
Based on all season mate, except 2/3 games.

Probably what disappoints me the most, I can think of 3 games which I genuinely felt were worthy of United.

Don't get me wrong, we had bad games under Ferguson too, but I'd say the same about those, and they were few and far between.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Are you so sure? We could finish tenth.
If we manage to finish behind Newcastle then everyone involved needs to be fired. I mean we'd actually have to start playing even worse than we already are. I can't even imagine what that would look like.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If we manage to finish behind Newcastle then everyone involved needs to be fired. I mean we'd actually have to start playing even worse than we already are. I can't even imagine what that would look like.
Our current form will see us finish about tenth.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Well, there's definitely no way we're finishing below 7th and 4th would be a big achievement from here. I'd guess 5th?
Agreed, the top 7 are settled. I could see you finishing 7th or 5th. I think Everton are nailed on for 6th. That's where they always finish.

Alock1

Agreed, the top 7 are settled. I could see you finishing 7th or 5th. I think Everton are nailed on for 6th. That's where they always finish.
But, the genius that is Martinez replaced the dinosaur that is Moyes!

Infra-red

Our current form will see us finish about tenth.
That's extremely unlikely. There is currently a 9 point gap between 9th place Southampton and 10th place Swansea. That gap wont be bridged, so the top 9 will stay the top 9. So far in 2014 we've taken 7 points from 6 games, so if you were to extrapolate our current form over the remainder of the season, we'd be left on 56 points. In the last 5 seasons 56 points would have been good for 8th, 7th, 7th, 9th, and 7th placed finishes. I don't know where we will finish, but nothing between 5th and 9th would particularly surprise me.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
4th is still possible but we had better stop dropping stupid points very soon indeed. 5th looks more achievable.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The team has nothing to play for. For a team that's used kicking into gear for a title challenge around now in previous seasons, the prospect of 3 months of dead rubber matches will hardly motivate them.

There will be plenty more points dropped (hardly a big prediction...) and I can see us falling down to as low as 8th.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Top 4 probably but not winning the title. This season will be a steep learning curve for Moyes and getting to grips with the job at hand. I don't think anything he's done so far could have prepared him for this job and it'll take a while before he grows into the job, if he ever does.
Moyes is so bad we'll finish 21st.
Heh, you can see the optimism drain from my posts as the season kept progressing.

Andrew~

4th is still possible but we had better stop dropping stupid points very soon indeed. 5th looks more achievable.
I'd say 4th is highly unlikely if you look at the way fixtures have stacked up.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
That's extremely unlikely. There is currently a 9 point gap between 9th place Southampton and 10th place Swansea. That gap wont be bridged, so the top 9 will stay the top 9. So far in 2014 we've taken 7 points from 6 games, so if you were to extrapolate our current form over the remainder of the season, we'd be left on 56 points. In the last 5 seasons 56 points would have been good for 8th, 7th, 7th, 9th, and 7th placed finishes. I don't know where we will finish, but nothing between 5th and 9th would particularly surprise me.
Newcastle will drop off massively with the current mood at the club and Southampton don't have enough to take over.

binary bot
We'd need Liverpool to slip up fairly soonish for the outlook to change, and we'd have to beat them at OT to have a slim chance. Saying that, it's quite likely we'll be 12 points behind on Wednesday night.

NoLogo

In all honesty I think 5th-7th is where we will end up. I think 4th place is out of reach for us this season because all 4 teams in the top 4 look stronger than us, not on paper but clearly on the field.

Infra-red

Newcastle will drop off massively with the current mood at the club and Southampton don't have enough to take over.
You may well be right, although it could be argued that with 6 defeats in our last 9 games in all comps, we are currently in the process of 'dropping off massively'.

Red Stone

I'm thinking 6th is the most likely outcome. If we keep playing as poorly as we have in 2014 it won't even be that.

Reading the first page of this thread is painful. Expectations have gone down the toilet about as fast as the club has.

Alock1

The club has gone down the toilet? Come on.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I really can’t see us getting top four anymore. To be honest I think we are sitting now about where we will at the end of the season. We are devoid of ideas most of the time and hardly play like a team. Individual skill will likely get us wins here and there, but we are currently not good enough to go on a run of victories that it would require to move up the table.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I just have 1. A S$500 bet to a City fan on us finishing Top 4 the day the news of Fergie's retirement was announced. Was pretty confident at that time, ut looks more and more unlikely now.

Have already started squirelling away money as it now looks unavoidable!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
6pts it not so much in terms of a 38 games campaign

But the biggest problems is that I don't see us going on a win run anytime soon bar any divine intervention. The injured players are almost coming back yet we've been playing worse with no visible sight of improvement.

Even if those above us drops points, I can see us dropping more.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Highest I think we'll finish is 5th, and that's if we go on a stonking run. Lowest I think we'll finish is 8th. Solely because none of the teams below us are good enough to put a decent run together. If I had to bet, I'd say we'll finish 6th or 7th. But to be honest, I really couldn't give a flying feck about what happens between now and the end of the season to be honest. Season is over. We may or may not scrape past Olympiakos but whoever we meet in the round after that will give us a proper hiding. As will any good team we face.

iAm20Legend

4th is highly unlikely in my opinion, given how we're playing and the fixtures left, and Liverpool have looked miles ahead of us.
5th also looks a stretch :(
6th or 7th look the most likely. Hard to swallow.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
With City and Liverpool to come to OT, away trips to Goodison, St. Mary's, St.Jame's park and The Emirates to come, I really would not like to make a prediction right now

Timdbro

7th. The teams above us are all looking better and the ones that could realistically overtake us (Southampton, Newcastle) have dropped off a lot since the start of the season.
It seems like the dynamics in the league have been set now, we now who the relegation contenders are, we almost certainly know who the top four are too. Probably the only big shift that could still happen under the right circumstances is Liverpool genuinely challenging for the title.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
^ this. We'll hover around where we are right now. Maybe up one position. Can't see us getting close enough to get 4th.

wr8_utd

:'(
Newcastle an Southampton are 4 and 5 behind us, right? That's nothing really and we have a terrible 6 games coming up. I see one of them overaking us in this period. We'll just about finish 7th.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Looking at our next six games, I don't really see any cause for optimism. At home, we have Liverpool and City, the two best attacking teams in the league. Away, we play Arsenal, a resurgent Palace and an improving West Ham. The 'easiest' game is away to Albion - and they're not a pushover on their own patch.

9th.