Where does today rank for you?

jamesblonde

Been following intently since '83. Was in Barcelona in '99, so it's not going to top that. Or even the semi in '99 against Juventus.
Or 2009.

The difference with tonight was that i never expected it - made it magical. But the aftertaste today is that, we will still get knocked out soon. And in '99 and '09, the aftertaste was always, we are the best. I may be wrong, we may go on to win, i just can't see it happening - because we clearly aren't the best. We were played off the park, but we had Lukaku and Rashford, who were magnificant.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Been following intently since '83. Was in Barcelona in '99, so it's not going to top that. Or even the semi in '99 against Juventus.
Or 2009.

The difference with tonight was that i never expected it - made it magical. But the aftertaste today is that, we will still get knocked out soon. And in '99 and '09, the aftertaste was always, we are the best. I may be wrong, we may go on to win, i just can't see it happening - because we clearly aren't the best. We were played off the park, but we had Lukaku and Rashford, who were magnificant.
Ole's at the wheel, mate.

dave1956

I have watched this club since 1956, I have witnessed moments so many moments / games that it is difficult to say where this game relates to those games which I have watched. However, what ever age you are as a supporter of his great club I would say remember and saviour the moment, because there will only greater days in the future.

mu4c_20le

The pressure of the penalty gave me 2008 flashbacks when Giggsy and Ando were taking theirs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nothing compares to actually winning the trophy.

Tonight and the semifinal in 99 against a starstudded Juve is what i'm thinking. Juventus was the best team in Europe bar none at the time and we had drawn the home leg 1-1 giving them the advantage. In the second leg we were 2-0 down in the first ten minutes and had a mountain to climb at the stadio dell alpi in Turin which was a fortress. We came back and won with a great attacking display, and that to me ranks a little higher than tonight.

el3mel

In Europe that's definitely our second most memorable and full of euphoria night I have seen for us after 2008. I was very, very very young when 1999 happened but for those who watched it it will be ahead of these 2 for sure.

We had many great European nights but we're talking about the most euphoric!

Loublaze

ATLien
Feels like beating Juventus 2-3 in Turin in the treble season! Someone even mentioned how Fred would have to be our Keane tonight. United has never felt this 'United' since May 19, 2013!!

ManuMou

The top three. 99, Moscow and Today

And Ole did it twice!

Djemba-Djemba

By the end of Mourinho I was just watching Utd out of routine, there was no passion and no fun.

It feels incredible just to be passionate again, to feel sick with nerves, feeling that explosion of joy when we win.

It's magic, tonight is the happiest I've been since Moscow.

Ananke

because we clearly aren't the best.
Sometimes mate, you don’t need to be the best to win it.

Tonight was such a huge boost to everyone, fans, players, staff. The belief and momentum that will go through everyone may weigh more than being the ‘best’ team :)!

Zlatanator

I got my first job today and utd did this , what can i say?? Happy Tears

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I feel like tonight has detoxed all that shite built up inside of me in the past 5 and half years - and that itself makes it one of the best nights ever for sure :drool:

The feeling is indescribable, and it brings back all the great times I've experienced supporting our club. GGMU!

AndyJ1985

In the context of the last 6 years it's the best moment since we last won the league. It's not quite as good as beating Juventus in 99 simply because we outplayed them and had a genuine chance to win the CL. We felt almost unstoppable back then. Tonight it's a bit more of an underdog story; against all odds we beat the superior team. It feels good for sure, but I think it's more a massive outpouring of relief and joy after years of watching shit and enduring three shit managers. It's a taster of the amazing European nights we used to have, and hopefully the start of many more.

el3mel

Also this by far our best CL campaign since the 2011 final. We reached QF under Moyes but we didn't play any big team till Bayern which KOed us, while in this we have those great nights in Turin and Paris. :drool:

Tiber

It's right up there.

Obviously we won bigger games under Fergie, but this win came after years of misery, after The Toxic One, after our worst ever start in any Premier League season, after about ten injuries....

Canagel

better than all the post SAF trophies. We was favourites to win the EL and still nearly messed up the semi final. no-one expected this.

Needham

That last ten minutes -from Dalot raising his arm in appeal until the final whistle- ranks with anything in terms of the physical effects of watching a football match (heart rate, shaking, etc). In the context of the current renaissance of the club under Ole it tops everything. In the context of this club's history -unless we win the trophy- it will be a major footnote event.

Gjx

This is really up there in recent years, more enjoyable than the FA Cup and Europa League. I haven't been this excited about a result in a long long time. Starting with a midfield of Young, McT and Pereira & 10 men for most the first half as it was evident Bailly should have been pulled after 5 mins against a team amongst the favs to win the comp we should be celebrating hard tonight.

SER19

Said before the game if we turned it round considering the injuries it would be our best ever comeback in knock out rounds. It has to be. Now that it’s happened it’s easy to forget how written off we were.

We’ve had a lot of tough cup draws this season. Time for a nicer one in quarters.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
better than all the post SAF trophies. We was favourites to win the EL and still nearly messed up the semi final. no-one expected this.
That's daft. And disrespectful to actual trophies we've won.

Tonight was truly great, and was the moment that Ole became, without doubt, the next Man United manager, it was magical.

But winning trophies will always better getting through to a QF.

Vfc_brato

Supports
FK Velež
A long, long time ago i was happy like this, full of joy and tears. Football is something special.

Giggs86

Up there with Turin '99. Today we didn't play as good as in '99 and the reward back then was bigger (final vs QF), but the fact that we were such underdogs today playing with kids and the dramatic ending puts it right there for me, if not higher.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Incredible. My list.

99 Final
08 Final
85 Final (10 man win in extra time with Whitesides amazing 110th minute goal)
91 Final (Hughes goal)
Juve come back to keep 99 treble possible
Paris 2019

pav1790

Been watching since early 2000s, missed CL in 2008 because time zones and college exams. I have seen the 99 final later on and honestly the shock that Munich players felt at the end -only this game has come close to it. Even the panelists including some ex united players were in shock. This may not result in a trophy but this may very well go down as a pivotal moment that defines a new era for us.

Ultimately it’s hard to rank these rare moments but it will always be “that game” which no fan will need reminding.

Matson

For me this was the best match since Moscow. When you think about how much we had against us tonight and the chances we had of going through its actually unbelievable that we won. I had no emotions before the start of this game because i didn't expect anything but soon as Lukaku scored it was probably the most emotional match since the 2008 final. The drama...getting a penalty with minutes to go. The pressure on Rashford in that moment and how great a penalty it was. Best experience in a very long time as an United fan.

Eli Zee

That's daft. And disrespectful to actual trophies we've won.

Tonight was truly great, and was the moment that Ole became, without doubt, the next Man United manager, it was magical.

But winning trophies will always better getting through to a QF.
It’s a question of “where does tonight rank for you?”

It’s his opinion — tonight was a better night than winning the final — regardless of the reasons, that’s how he feels.

I’d have to agree. Ole, this squad, and the run they are on is magical at the moment. It really is a moment to remember. Complete underdogs, keeping the away game winning streak alive, getting thru to the next round, most of the squad injured/out(average age of the squad was 22, with a 33 and 36 year old on the squad).. excited as ever for the next game vs Arsenal. It just feels like this is our moment and we have all the momentum in the world

SharpshooterTom

Recency bias and all that.

If United get knocked out in the next round I suspect it will be ranked a bit lower. Still an amazing achievement though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Its pretty great, but it’s a Champions League last 16 tie... anyone saying it’s up there with the best this club has ever achieved is being very silly. We’re Manchester United FFS. Calm yourself

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
After the lows of the past 6 years this has to be right up there for me. Not quite as good as the 2 wins i've seen but in the context, it's right up there. Buzzing.

Zimkid

Considering how bad things have been for the last 7 years, this pips 99,08 in my books! The feeling is still fresh.
We had clowns for managers, so to see this type of resurgence when no one was giving us a chance makes it special!
Those other years were great; but with Ole on the wheel! I can see us ruling Europe again.

204Red

Biggest / best United win since 3-2 over city when RVP scored in the 90th min at the Etihad.

While it was great... still far behind 1999 (Turin and the final) and 2008.

Ole Ole Ole