g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Where were you, when you heard the breaking news that Moyes has been sacked?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
3 of them were girls, and from the guys one likes American Football and Golf, one likes Ice Hockey, the other doesn't like sport... (might have some gay - reports are unconfirmed)

I have other friends who do like football and who I can talk to it about of course, but it's fairly useful to have a group who don't like it - as it offers a route of escapism when you really want to forget about football (like the last 8 months for example...)
:D

I gather you're from the States man?

Your collection of mates is pretty cool, good to have different sporting interests. Thats the thing about Ireland though - most blokes are into all sports & my mates are die-hard about it, so its great that we can just pick a sport, watch it or talk about it for hours.

Irish women on the other hand, when they meet up with their friends they just talk gossip & about their other-halfs. Irish blokes rarely even talk about theirs - its like we're single & she doesnt exist for that time. Pure bliss & escapism :cool:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I was sitting at home, with sky sports open waiting for the news. It felt like muppet season had started early.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
My mate who works at TalkSport told me over a day before it happened that he'd been sacked...except of course the club apparrntly hadn't decided to sack him yet at that point.

Considering Talksport aren't exactly the MI5 of journalism I think Moyes and Woodward (allegedly) must have been the only two people at the club not to know about it by this point.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
You probably had the "Footloose" soundtrack playin in the background too eh?

So, you celebrated his departure by doing shit-loads of housework & a bitta DIY - even though you were hung over as hell?

Why did you stop there man. You should have baked a cake or some scones while you were at. Maybe a bitta celebratory "Moyes' Gone" scarf knitting :nono:

A real man gets pissed up at a time like that man. I dread to think what you did when we won the Treble. Probably dressed up as a Scout & went Bob-Jobbing from the sound of it :D
Yes. Yes I did. Bank Hols are when you are pressured into doing DIY shit. I was in an alcoholic coma for a bit but this news put such a smile on my face I leapt into immediate action. If there was something that needed doing I only needed to be asked that day. I'd have done anything for anyone I was that happy.

Kaos

:lol: At this thread, you'd think we'd won the champions league in the dying moments again.

(Certainly feels like it)

A1X

I was just about to leave home for the office

I was first aware of the speculation while checking the HT Championship scores on Monday afternoon at the Amex (bloody Blackpool)

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I was in bed. The wife shouted upstairs "THAT USELESS LUMP HAS GONE". I was n't sure what she was talking about at first.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I was in bed, but couldn't sleep the whole night as I refreshed the BBC Football page every hour and was just scared not to read "United say Moyes has their full support". Needless to say when I at the same time was on the Caf and just happy to see the thread title changed to "Confirmed: Moyes sacked".

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Yes. Yes I did. Bank Hols are when you are pressured into doing DIY shit. I was in an alcoholic coma for a bit but this news put such a smile on my face I leapt into immediate action. If there was something that needed doing I only needed to be asked that day. I'd have done anything for anyone I was that happy.
Did you talk over the fench to your neighbour - who's face you've never seen too?

LR7

I was in bed watching SSN about to get up to go take my car for an MOT. Ran out my room jumping up and down when I heard.

kikks

I was at work. I spent the rest of the day perusing articles about it and reading rumours and being generally useless.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was just arriving into work when I saw it on my phone...was in work with 4 Liverpool fans and an Arsenal fan...not the best day at work, but the announcement great none the less :)

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I'm across the pond, so I read the reports of it all day prior, and went to bed feeling like it was christmas. Sure enough, Santa Glazer delivered in the morning when I woke up to my Liverpool supporting mate asking me about it and saying he saw it was official.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Was waiting for the bus so jumped onto SkySports news on my phone to see if there was any news on Moyes and BAM I jumped up in celebrating and had everyone looking at me like I'm some psycho...

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Knew something was up when the stories came out the night before. In the morning the news said Moyes had went to work earlier that morning about half 4/5, still had a feeling. Didn't find out till I got to work and my boss got a text and told me

Raw

Heard the stories the night before, went to sleep. Woke up and had a massive lie in and looked on my phone to see the frenzy that Moyes had been sacked.

Jumped right out of my bed to write about it on the internet like a madman.

Twisted with Power

from the fiery depths of...a Smarties packet?
Nothin special just at work. The day before was more interesting when we found out that there was a strong possibility he was going to be sacked. I think it threw a lot of people including myself who thought wed be stuck with him till at least December.
When that news broke the caf became a madhouse pit of excitement anticipating...waiting n wanting for it to be true. (Thank bleedin hell it was)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I was whacking my chinese paper doll with a Moyes mugshot pic stapled on the head, knocking and cursing him with a wooden clog when the CNN behind me breaks the news of his imminent sacking.

Enough to say, that scared the shit out of me.

PS: Who am I going to Chinese Voodoo next?