Where would you honestly rank our manager?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Slightly ahead of Poch but just behind Klopp and Pep. If he wins a cup this year he’ll leapfrog the pair of them and everyone will be after him.
I suspect not but I know it's fun to pretend to be someone else occasionally.

Schneckerl

Below average/one of the worst. Doubt any team would trade for him.

Boring thread though.

btw OP what do you hate more? VAR or Ole?

Rafaeldagold

Below average/one of the worst. Doubt any team would trade for him.

Boring thread though.

btw OP what do you hate more? VAR or Ole?
Thanks for commenting on a boring thread- guess that makes you equally boring?

hmm good question- I don’t hate Ole but he should be no where near our club. VAR I do kinda hate as it ruins every game & changing the very nature of the game

Nikelesh Reddy

In the premier league- Which position?
He’s clearly not good enough to manage at the top level....He’s not even in the same league as Rodgers,Sanchez,Marco Silva etc....He would clearly be in the bottom half of the table....

dove

Probably not THE worst but certainly one of the worst managers in the league.

AlwaysRed66

Calling a club legend a clown. You take a look in the mirror
As a player he was a club legend, As our manager he more resembles a clown. Just because he is a fellow Norwegian doesn't make him some sort of untouchable.

simplyared

He's way down the list if you look at present PL managers. Looking at his CV I'm struggling to find another utd manager we've employed with such an unproven record. Wilf Mcguiness at a pinch maybe. He had a caretaker roll after Busby, I think as in the case of OGS. The board fecked everything up by giving OGS the job permanently.

Last edited:

shaun layton

At the moment id say bottom. maybe on par with bruce. The vast majority of teams in the league actually seem to implement a style of play that they've learnt in training. we have nothing, I can't see a style of play or any improvements in any of the players apart from Mcsauce and improving players is a key role of any manager and I just don't think Ole has it. He sounds completely clueless in his interviews.

dum propp victor

Supports
Brondby
He's a League 1 level manager. No club in PL or championship would hire him after he's sacked here.

LJJT

This is a ridiculous thread. David O Leary has a better CV it doesn’t mean he’s the more suitable manager for us.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Top Red here, should have one ranking the fans, now that would be interesting.
Surely the last 6 years have shown that we're an incredibly patient and loyal fanbase...?

I'd be very surprised to hear anyone disagree with that.

You wouldn't get away with employing Moyes / Ole / Woodward at a Real, Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Juve, PSG, Atletico, City, Spurs, Arsenal...

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Surely the last 6 years have shown that we're an incredibly patient and loyal fanbase...?

I'd be very surprised to hear anyone disagree with that.

You wouldn't get away with employing Moyes / Ole / Woodward at a Real, Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Juve, PSG, Atletico, City, Spurs, Arsenal...
Well you've got a different definition of patient and loyal to me then.

Rhyme Animal

Well you've got a different definition of patient and loyal to me then.
Clearly, after what our fanbase has been put through in the past 6 years - Woodward, Moyes, Ole, awful decision after awful decision...

And still there is very little unrest among fans.

Manchester United fans are patient probably to a fault, and are now proven to be incredibly loyal.

Anyone suggesting otherwise, after what we've sat through for 6 years is a fecking pathetic WUM without question.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The great rebuild:
The thing that he gets praised for and some say would make him a DOF.
  1. Maguire wanted by Jose
  2. AWB best young ATTAINABLE FB last season
  3. James very good signing
  4. Our squad weaker then when he took over because he fecked up our midfield .
I actually think the summer has shown that Ole has drowned himself. He came in and quickly did what we all wanted, get rid of Fellaini and push out Lukaku. But he got overwhelmed in the quest for replacements.

The Project
People say that squad is rubbish let Ole sign the players he want. Young and hungry British players. But those very same people fail to realise that those players will need to be developed. In the 10 months that Ole’s been in charge are any of the young British talent that Ole already has at the club any better then when he took over? Feck me they don’t even have to be British or young. Players can improve at any age.

The United Way Of Playing
99 was a long time ago. Ole talked about playing a modern attacking, pressing style of football... after 10 months there is no identity to our play.

When Ole leaves, Would Neville hire him at Salford ? Really doubt it. And tbh while Salford won’t be able to pay him what United paid, they’d certainly be able to more then Molde which where he’ll return.

Last edited:

Castia

Based on what happened at Cardiff and his run with us......around 16th or so sadly.

It's hard to argue Ole's corner, theres not much to suggest he's better than anybody in the PL.

Steve Bruce is probably ranked last but if United are this bad under Ole imagine how bad Newcastle would be with him in charge?

If Ole was manager of any of the lower PL sides he'd 100% take them down.

Last edited:

wolvored

I think he would struggle in the championship. Hes certainly a bottom 3 premier manager.

Class of 63

Sourness
Clearly, after what our fanbase has been put through in the past 6 years - Woodward, Moyes, Ole, awful decision after awful decision...

And still there is very little unrest among fans.

Manchester United fans are patient probably to a fault, and are now proven to be incredibly loyal.

Anyone suggesting otherwise, after what we've sat through for 6 years is a fecking pathetic WUM without question.
Wind your neck in pal, i'm talking about fans on forums like this - the match going fans apart from a few wobbles have always been different gravy re. patience and loyalty.

Rhyme Animal

Wind your neck in pal, i'm talking about fans on forums like this - the match going fans apart from a few wobbles have always been different gravy re. patience and loyalty.
Nah I'm good mate. But if you wanna suggest that any fan - match going or 'on forums like this' (btw, the two aren't mutually exclusive) aren't loyal and haven't shown patience over the last 6 years then you're a fecking WUM imo.

And please be clear - loyalty to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and loyalty to Manchester United are not the same thing. Far from it.

Nobody is bigger than the club - and those who want what's best for the club, rather than what's best for any specific individual are the ones seeing the bigger picture.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So match going fans don’t also use online forums?

croadyman

I wanted to believe that if he got the job permanently that things wouldn't slacken off, unfortunately it has really gone downhill since the Arsenal away game in March and he just doesn't look like a premier league level manager at all.

Yes I appreciate he hasn't got the team he wants but still don't think he will turn it around even with better players because his coaching isn't up to scratch.

Class of 63

Sourness
Nah I'm good mate. But if you wanna suggest that any fan - match going or 'on forums like this' (btw, the two aren't mutually exclusive) aren't loyal and haven't shown patience over the last 6 years then you're a fecking WUM imo.

And please be clear - loyalty to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and loyalty to Manchester United are not the same thing. Far from it.

Nobody is bigger than the club - and those who want what's best for the club, rather than what's best for any specific individual are the ones seeing the bigger picture.
I'd hazard a guess that of those match-going Reds who also contribute on the forum most will be in the 'give Ole more time' camp. And that's the point I was making, but then you knew that.

The lack of respect for a guy who gave us a moment no other set of fans will ever experience is staggering, whether you, or anybody else think he's good enough to Manage us.

Right i'm off to celebrate being called a WUM in back to back posts, finally i've arrived!

Rafaeldagold

This is a ridiculous thread. David O Leary has a better CV it doesn’t mean he’s the more suitable manager for us.
What the hell does that mean..We go with the worst manager out there then?

Ridiculous comment

LJJT

What the hell does that mean..We go with the worst manager out there then?

Ridiculous comment
No it’s not. What manager we select isn’t all about the size of his cv. It’s about is he a good fit with the club, has he got or can he make a connection with it, does he understand it, will the players respect him, can he motivate, has he got a similar vision etc etc. It’s not about just picking the best manager out there. We did that with mourinho in a sense and it was a disaster in the end. Pelegríni has greater pedigree than most. We wouldn’t have him here would we. It’s a ridiculous thread

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Based on what?

Maguire was desperately wanted by Mourinho, for less money. James was scouted by Giggs, and AWB, while ace is hardly an occluded secret of a player.

Also, what did you think of his 7 Cardiff transfers? Genuine question.
"I'll let hell freeze over before I'll give this manager ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING!"

Triple.Threat

Where he was with Cardiff City and they didn't think he was good enough for them.

Rhyme Animal

"I'll let hell freeze over before I'll give this manager ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING!"
What I've said is true, you might not like it - but it's true.

Ole, imo, deserves credit for the run of games as caretaker - he showed us what these players are actually capable of.

Problem is, if credited with that run of games, I'm not then hypocritical enough to then suggest that the relegation form is anyone's fault than his.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He’s probably the 2nd or 3rd worst manager of all time ever at least.

Member 90887

Unfortunately, I agree totally with this. Lampard is light years away from this clown in ability. As for the rest there is even less contest.
People like you are crazy.

How can you say that Lampard is light years away from Ole in ability ? Lampard has 2 points more than Ole and we're in our worst ever form. in addition to that, you only saw him play 7 games. Ole won those game when he started with us.

Your post is a joke. No offense.