Where would you honestly rank our manager?

ILC

Dead last. No even joking or overreacting. Idk nothing about Championship but I'd be shocked if there weren't any better than him there too.

Once he's fired by United he'll never manage a top 5 league team ever again.

AlwaysRed66

Dead last. No even joking or overreacting. Idk nothing about Championship but I'd be shocked if there weren't any better than him there too.

Once he's fired by United he'll never manage a top 5 league team ever again.
Unfortunately, I agree totally with this. Lampard is light years away from this clown in ability. As for the rest there is even less contest.

Judas

Open to offers
I think last and I don't really feel like that's particularly harsh. He'll not get another PL job once he leaves us, unless a team close to being relegated gets very desperate.

Jev

It's always impossible to say how much is down to the manager and how much is not so an exact ranking would be slightly absurd. But it's certainly very hard to argue that he's not near the bottom.

RyRy11

I don't think we'd be any further up the table with Bruce, Flores or Silva (haven't seen enough of Wilder and Smith).

Von Mistelroum

He is decent at identifying players to transfer, but otherwise I've seen nothing to suggest that he's any better than Molde level.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He is decent at identifying players to transfer, but otherwise I've seen nothing to suggest that he's any better than Molde level.
Based on what?

Maguire was desperately wanted by Mourinho, for less money. James was scouted by Giggs, and AWB, while ace is hardly an occluded secret of a player.

Also, what did you think of his 7 Cardiff transfers? Genuine question.

redshaw

Steve Bruce has a good record of getting teams promoted. Ole is not getting Birmingham promoted. His ranking is way down in the lower leagues.

Rafaeldagold

Yep I’d have to say last too.

Probably struggle to get a Championship job in all honesty.

How far we’ve sunk

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
To see where you honestly rank our manager in the premier league.

Quite obvious really
There's a thread asking the exact same question of our squad... this is no different.
This has been done already in 100 other threads.

It's pointless, like the majority of those 100 other threads.

Wilt

Slightly ahead of Poch but just behind Klopp and Pep. If he wins a cup this year he’ll leapfrog the pair of them and everyone will be after him.
:lol:

Yeah just behind Klopp and Pep ....about a million miles.

Skills

Snitch
You're saying this now, but you're either going to go hiding or joining in the party when people begin to take a shit on Solskjaers signings when a new manager comes in.

This happens with all our managers. The players they sign are treated like gold-dust, while the rest are complete shit.

Skills

Snitch
He wouldn't get a Championship gig. If he could, he wouldn't be managing in Norway all this time.

Enigma_87

You know who
Only manager currently you can say is worse than him is Bruce. Not sure if he’s even better than him either.

There are managers in Championship better than Ole.

After this he will struggle to find a job unless is Molde.

Enigma_87

You know who
James was recommended from Giggs. Maguire was wanted by Jose and one of the best CB’s in the league. AWB was the best up and coming RB’s in the league.

Pretty obvious signings who cost a ton of money.

NJM78

The worst manager we have had (including Moyes) since I have been a fan, but also the worst squad.

red4ever 79

The worst manager we have had (including Moyes) since I have been a fan, but also the worst squad.
Exactly this. Manager is not qualified but the players are crap as well. Think about it you can list them. Yet we have let players go who were better than what we have.

Ekeke

Hard to say but based on his form since he was given the job and his record with Cardiff, he wouldnt be in the top half thats for sure

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Talent wise, experience wise and cv wise he is among the worst. However he is the most positive manager in the world

redshaw

It's actually a good thread to put home the level of manager we have at one of the biggest clubs in the world, we sweep it under the rug. We know the bad job he did with Cardiff and the transfers he did there in the Championship. I doubt Ole could get a team promoted out of the Championship, he's way below Brucey given the same task and have no doubts Rodgers would be capable of getting the sides promoted (see Swansea) and is able to reach a higher level than Bruce who is stuck with the bottom half and top half of the Championship. For me Ole is League one or two holding his own in the Norwegian league.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

I would say above Bruce due to age. But tomorrow will prove he’s even worse.

NJM78

Exactly this. Manager is not qualified but the players are crap as well. Think about it you can list them. Yet we have let players go who were better than what we have.
It's a huge mess but I do believe a better manager would get more out of this team. Ole looks totally lost and why he deserves so much good will is beyond me, his legend status should never excuse such a poor record.

You take away the usual new manager bump every team seems to get and we have been abysmal under him. His 18 league games at Cardiff he managed only 3 wins and since his very good 8 wins in 8 as our caretaker manager he has only managed 8 league wins in 23 games since then. It's very worrying form and I do not believe he will stop this nose dive. I actually believe he over estimated his own managerial skills and the talent of certain players when he allowed others to leave this summer.

Pace Abuser

No, it's just fecking boring having 100 threads all saying the same thing.
100 too less then. We have a manager worse than Moyes and that needs calling out in a million different ways until the club is forced to feck him off back to the amateur leagues.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I really like Ole and want him to succeed but there's no logic behind his decisions. He has stripped the squad bare. I can't claim to be a fan of Lukaku but to let him go with our current striking options is absolutely baffling. So is letting Herrera and Fellaini go without any replacements. Even Sanchez who is clearly finished at this point would have been useful for us. Smalling is better than all of our reserve CB's so he shouldn't have left either. It's all a bit of a joke.

Rafaeldagold

No, it's just fecking boring having 100 threads all saying the same thing.
why are you commenting on it then?

Also It’s a different thread as I’m asking a specific question.
Where does he rank in the premier league?
Many think not e
100 too less then. We have a manager worse than Moyes and that needs calling out in a million different ways until the club is forced to feck him off back to the amateur leagues.
Exactly this- our voice & point needs to be heard & this shambles ended