Where would you honestly rank our manager?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why? He has been in charge for 46 games. And previous to that Molde and Cardiff. Maybe you can't gauge how he turns out after the season or in 2,5,10 years. But now as it stands where is he ranked manager wise. Not as an player or as a person. As a manager after 46 games where is he ranked?
It's a genuine question. I'm curious.
Because he did a poor job at Cardiff and a great job at Molde. He’s done nothing here to suggest he should have been given the job, in fact we’ve been terrible this season. The worst I’ve seen us since 89. We should have sacked that guy too.

Hindsight is wonderful. I’m sure hindsight will show Ole is no Saf however there were plenty calling him a clown in 89 and that is indisputable.

Rafaeldagold

Last post from me in this shitshow.

You don't get it and you probably never will. As has correctly been said here already, there is a thread to comment on his performance.
Ok I get it. You refuse to answer the question.

Where do you rank Ole among premier League managers?

No worries. Just proves my point

Caliban

As a player he was a club legend, As our manager he more resembles a clown. Just because he is a fellow Norwegian doesn't make him some sort of untouchable.
Ole is not untouchable. Never said that, never asumed that, never will. No one is. Not in the modern football. Hero one moment, clown the next. Remember if Ole did quit after the season, he would have "been further up there with the gods at their table" - but he gambled and sits alone in the basement at the moment, and then reality with the lacking transfers hit him during the summer window along with this and that ..

-

I will precise this, i follow United mostly because of Ole at this point (far from alone in my native country, which is nothing but natural), if or when he gets the sack i will be more neutral in an instant (Blackburn/Wycombe are my teams, and with the caf and internet fans overall as a reference, the United fans have not converted me - the matchday fans have though, sadly they are a minority and some of the players and the club as a whole as i know it) .. but what i find funny is that i have been a Ole`s Man United supporter for is it - 9 months, and i seem to know more about United than many of the plastic supporters hanging about - and that is sadly not even a joke. Those mental ones are often the ones screaming the loudest also with their keyboards, and they find eachother and they even make a choir not even up to the standards of a screaming alley cat

- -
- -

Tony Pullis said something like: `Rebuilding takes time and to get time you have to win matches` That was Tony Pullis, at United you could double that pressure, it comes with the job (end of story)

To survive until the transfer windows are Ole`s job, of course the summer one are the most important. To get there he have to deserve it (and have the definite luck that also goes with being a manager - and that luck has to be earned to, and supported)

I sincerely mean that if he should get one more summer window, there would be a different Ole next season, with more resources, more demand onto the owners, a more hardened character, better team, coaches, more knowledgable of the game we live and learn - funfact: Ole is not stupid (United are such a large machinery it can`t be all controlled in 9 months. You are a big club remember).

Whoever the manager of this club will be, Ole or anybody else, if the time is not given you are doomed to repeat. That i do know.

Also, every manager should also be tested during times when it`s not going so good. How do they cope with the pressure, how do they come out of it, did you as a manager learn anything? United, Arsenal, Spurs, Watford, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle etc .. all under pressure these days

Football is also sureal. If United (i hope when) .. United wins next match - you are in contact with the top again .. then there is Liverpool (but players will be back for that).

.. as to where i would rate Ole as a manager? Right now he is number 11 in the league .. maybe at 6 after Newcastle ;)

Last edited:

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
High end League 1
Bottom end Championship on a good day.

Yes I support Liverpool but that is how I genuinely rate him. I’m sorry but I think he’s appalling and completely incompetent at this level.

Even the typical managerial merry go round of the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis, Hughes and Bruce are considerably better.

Last edited:

Fussball13251

Very low. But he may not have gotten all of the players he wanted. He probably wanted Wilfried Zaha aswell.

Rashford's been horrific for a while now, but no backup forward.

Last edited:

simplyared

Not
This. There really isn't any point at all to this thread. It's embarrassing actually.

It should be locked and deleted, as it serves no point other than to give yet another platform to have a pop at this guy.
Nothing wrong with the this thread. Don't get what's getting your back up tbh. The OP is a straight forward question. If you care to answer it then go ahead. If not then don't. If for some reason you have a problem with it then feel free to voice your opinion. That's what a forum is about ffs! Since when has freedom of speech disappeared from the agenda?

targetman

Whoever the manager of this club will be, Ole or anybody else, if the time is not given you are doomed to repeat. That i do know.
The question is why it is Ole who should be given this long term building job. It's only sentimental feelings, at best. I'm Norwegian as well, and I've followed him at Molde. Wasn't impressed with him tactically at Molde. Very one-dimentional. PLayed some nice football, but bought half the league.

Godfather

Based on what, his transfers at Cardiff were fecking terrible. Give me 140m and i could identify 3 good players to buy
This is really is an annoying myth in here. Everyone and his dog knew about the qualities of AWB and Maguire. The only really unknown talent we got is James and he was spotted by Giggs.

bp19992

Impossible to judge. Especially given the circumstances that every one of our last 4 managers failed terribly. How much is down to the manager? How much is down to the players? How much is down to the board?

One thing I'm certain of is that our appetite of short term success (both from fan and board level) is in the way of achieving long term stability. Whether that should be with or without Ole I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hip Hop

Talent wise, experience wise and cv wise he is among the worst. However he is the most positive manager in the world
Well i can be positive too if I'm paid millions to just sit and smile at everything.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
There are so many things that go into football management and coaching that we fans do not know about that it is impossible to truly say. But of course, let's talk about how Ole is shit and Lampard is wonderful.

People talk about Ole not being able to impose his style on his squad while Lampard/Rodgers can. You people are full of shit. What you mean is "Lampard and Rodgers teams seem to create more chances, and so I prefer the way they play. Why has no-one ever championed Hodgson, Allardyce or Sean Dyche for the same thing? They got their squads playing they wanted to quickly as well.

The way fans pretend they actually know shit when they know feck all pisses me off. If I were to ask a random person on here to name a basic coaching drill and what they would specifically be asking players to do in it, they would be stumped.

Bojan11

Calling him a clown isn’t on. Let’s leave it as he is bad at his job no need for people to insult the man. He’s trying his best and it isn’t good enough.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Definitely last.

I'd put him up a few places if he showed any type of coaching or tactics in game which he simply doesn't.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Relegated with Cardiff and done nothing significant other yet, so unranked?

Foxbatt

Actually people like Big Sam and Roy gets their team to play in a certain way. Mostly because the teams they have or had cannot go out and play expansive football
That said the Bolton side Sam had played very good football.
The problem with Ole is that he wants to play a style that the players he has are not capable of doing so.
Furthermore, he either ignores completely the set pieces or the players deliberately ignore their instructions. If you put big Sam in charge at United with this squad he will definitely win more games and make it more difficult for other teams to score against us but it may also look more ugly.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No one is asking you to keep support him. There is already a Ole performance thread. There is plenty of posts there from you that you have expressed you're dislike for Ole. You don't have to keep finding different avenues to bash him especially when situation is not positive.
Oh come on. Hes doing a fecking awful job and getting paid millions to do it. I doubt he cares about what fans on the internet think.

Irrational.

1. Pep Guardiola
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Mauricio Pochettino
4. Brendan Rodgers
5. Unai Emery
6. Roy Hodgson
7. Eddie Howe
8. Nuno Santo
9. Manuel Pellegrini
10. Sean Dyche
11. Ralph Hasenhüttl
12. Frank Lampard
13. Graham Potter
14. Daniel Farke
15. Chris Wilder
16. Dean Smith
17. Marco Silva
18. Quique Sanchez Flores
19. Ole
20. Steve Bruce

This is taking into account resources available, expectations etc.

Josep Dowling

Because he did a poor job at Cardiff and a great job at Molde. He’s done nothing here to suggest he should have been given the job, in fact we’ve been terrible this season. The worst I’ve seen us since 89. We should have sacked that guy too.

Hindsight is wonderful. I’m sure hindsight will show Ole is no Saf however there were plenty calling him a clown in 89 and that is indisputable.
True but what kept Fergie the job was everything he was doing behind the scenes. Is Ole doing the same?

padzilla

Hipster
True but what kept Fergie the job was everything he was doing behind the scenes. Is Ole doing the same?
Fergie always had winning a major European trophy with Aberdeen in his locker, Ole doesn't have anything remotely close to that to hold up as evidence. I think he has the right idea but does not seem capable of getting anything out of this bunch, maybe nobody can though.

Traub

Also the comparison to Fergie isn't fair - SAF won multiple trophies with Aberdeen including something in Europe. Wasn't the Scottish league pretty strong back then?

AC1689

I don’t think the majority of non united fans would rank him even halfway up the Championship league table of managers, if there was one.

I’d love to know how bad it has to get before the blind OGS following open their eyes and admit he’s not the man for the job.

I think even relegation wouldn’t stop some people defending the “process”.

SAFMUTD

Not sure about him being last, but definitely between the worst 3.

The reality is he wont get another shot to manage at top level, and by top level I dont mean another top team but to manage at all at a top league. Not at the premier league nor any other top league.

probably will still manage to get a job in Norway though.

Chipper

Adulterer.
20th

I don't know on what grounds he'd be above Bruce who seems to be the only one giving him competition for the wooden spoon.

But then I'm biased and like Bruce so would probably fudge a way to put him above Silva as well as Ole. I like Ole too, but Bruce isn't currently our manager so there's a chance of "grass is greener" being in play with me slightly. Still, even trying to acknowledge that and put any such notions aside I think I'd have Ole last.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
I stand corrected, he's the most useless manager currently in PL.

Irrational.

1. Pep Guardiola
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Mauricio Pochettino
4. Brendan Rodgers
5. Unai Emery
6. Roy Hodgson
7. Eddie Howe
8. Nuno Santo
9. Manuel Pellegrini
10. Sean Dyche
11. Ralph Hasenhüttl
12. Frank Lampard
13. Graham Potter
14. Daniel Farke
15. Chris Wilder
16. Dean Smith
17. Marco Silva
18. Quique Sanchez Flores
19. Ole
20. Steve Bruce

This is taking into account resources available, expectations etc.
Standings updated after today's game:

1. Pep Guardiola
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Mauricio Pochettino
4. Brendan Rodgers
5. Unai Emery
6. Roy Hodgson
7. Eddie Howe
8. Nuno Santo
9. Manuel Pellegrini
10. Sean Dyche
11. Ralph Hasenhüttl