g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who is your preferred option for the RW spot?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If they can patch things up I’d love Sancho to lockdown the RW. I think if he could get his game going (yes I know he hasn’t done it here yet) with Hojlund central and Rashy LW, that would be a very productive front 3 I feel.
However, if that isn’t possible and in Antony’s absence it’ll be a toss up between Facu and Amad from one game to the next unless Erik decides to do something weird with either Bruno or Mount wide right.

Silver lining I suppose, at least we have options there now!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pellistri would be my choice. Give him a few games and if it works it works, if not then Mount.

Telsim

Where's all this clamour to start Pellistri come from? What has he ever done, at United or any of the clubs he's been loaned to, to suggest that he's good enough to be starting for a top-10 Premier League club?

It comes down to levels again. Pellistri might be half-decent but I think we'll find pretty quickly once the initial enthusiasm and goodwill fades that he'd be a major downgrade on Antony.

I think it's going to have to be Garnacho personally. In a sense, solves a headache for ETH because Garnacho is going to start clamouring for starts and Rashford currently has possession of the AMLF spot. If Garnacho could learn to play effectively on the right, we'll be a stronger XI/squad for it.
I'm looking for justification for his continued presence at the club. Either use him or move him.

And I could also ask you the same - Garnacho has not been good at all as a starter, and in his preferred position. What has he done to suggest he will be good as a starter in another position? He's much more effective coming on against tired legs. As far as I'm concerned, he and Pellistri have the same chance on the right. But I'd give the latter the chance to see if he can cut it. If not - ship in January.

Bwuk

If they can patch things up I’d love Sancho to lockdown the RW. I think if he could get his game going (yes I know he hasn’t done it here yet) with Hojlund central and Rashy LW, that would be a very productive front 3 I feel.
However, if that isn’t possible and in Antony’s absence it’ll be a toss up between Facu and Amad from one game to the next unless Erik decides to do something weird with either Bruno or Mount wide right.

Silver lining I suppose, at least we have options there now!
Sanchos in his 3rd season here and been pish throughout. Nothing he's shown has suggested he'll get his game going.

Amad is injured.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Sanchos in his 3rd season here and been pish throughout. Nothing he's shown has suggested he'll get his game going.

Amad is injured.
TBF, it says ‘preferred option’. My post was hypothetical, I acknowledged Sancho shortcomings and I know Amad is currently injured so I’m not sure what the point of your reply was? :confused:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd put Mount there if he's fit again, until Antony is back (assuming that happens). Keeps Mount out of midfield and he's probably the most effective of the options available unless Garnacho is adaptable enough to play there.

It would be Sancho but if he isn't trying hard enough or whatever then it isn't going to be him. Which I'm fine with if its about imposing standards, but if that's the case don't pick/sign centrebacks who play like a 60 year old.

I don't think Pellistri does nearly enough. He looks decent as a sub but if he was starting games I think it would be an issue. Rashford has to be on the left. Bruno is wasted on the right and causes issues defensively. Amad is injured I assume. Martial wouldn't be any more useless there than up front but that is definitely not a reason to play him, where as again not picking Sancho because he doesn't do enough makes you wonder if Martial's less lazy twin turns up for training sessions.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Why do people keep saying Pellestri? There are about five or six players who would play before him:
In no particular order:
Rashford
Garnacho
Mount
Bruno
Sancho

And Amad when he’s fit and Antony when he’s sorted his issues out.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I’d suggest Ikh bin Tonyan, the Armenian player, who is currently a free agent. He is left-footed, and boy, do we have a dearth of them in the squad. He sports a lush beard and a perfectly maintained, yet deceptively thick handlebar moustache. People have said that his shaved head and facial hair make a striking combination. There’s a real marketing opportunity here. With the possibility of selling fake beards à la Tonyan, we could make a real killing. He’s very private, so you may not see a lot a pictures of him being about in the public, but my sources tell me that he was coincidentally released by his club just yesterday, a most serendipitous omen for us. Come on, EtH, sign him up.

Todd

For the short-term, I'd give Pellistri a chance. Once Mount is fit, I'd make that his standard position, though, so we can play Casemiro and Amrabat together.

luke511

Why do people keep saying Pellestri? There are about five or six players who would play before him:
In no particular order:
Rashford
Garnacho
Mount
Bruno
Sancho

Pretty hilarious that only one of those player’s preferred position is the right wing, and he’s just fallen out with the manager.

Grande

I’d suggest Ikh bin Tonyan, the Armenian player, who is currently a free agent. He is left-footed, and boy, do we have a dearth of them in the squad. He sports a lush beard and a perfectly maintained, yet deceptively thick handlebar moustache. People have said that his shaved head and facial hair make a striking combination. There’s a real marketing opportunity here. With the possibility of selling fake beards à la Tonyan, we could make a real killing. He’s very private, so you may not see a lot a pictures of him being about in the public, but my sources tell me that he was coincidentally released by his club just yesterday, a most serendipitous omen for us. Come on, EtH, sign him up.
I’d like his cousin, Ikh bin Berliner.

acnumber9

It will be Bruno. And we’ll once again be playing an inferior player in his position.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In no particular order:
Rashford
Garnacho
Mount
Bruno
Sancho

Most of the Pellistri comments over the last week or so are due to him being the only natural right winger that is likely to be available for the next few games.

We know Rashford is shit on the right.
It appears that ETH thinks Garnacho is even worse, considering the few times he's played both of them on the wings it's been Rashford who has moved over. He's also generally struggled when starting games even on the left.
We know Bruno is normally poor on the right, although I do think people overlook that he actually has had some very good games out there as well.
It appears ETH thinks Mount is worse, considering when we've played both of them in attacking roles it's Bruno that has moved out wide. He's also currently injured, which has the knock-on effect of making it less likely we'll move Bruno out wide.
Sancho is quite likely to be dropped for a while, considering his reaction to ETH's comments.
Antony is likely to miss at least a few games considering what is going on in his personal life.
Amad is currently injured.

Bearing all that in mind, Pellistri is basically the last man standing. In saying that, I'm pretty sure ETH will try to play both Rashford and Bruno out there before turning to Pellistri, and I personally don't know who I'd choose. He's had some appearances where he's shown some nice stuff, but hardly enough to make me confident in him. Once Amad's back I'm much more excited about him.

Plastic Evra

I suppose it's not ideal but could ten Hag possibly devise a game plan with a false right winger / a right midfielder playing a little deeper ? I think Hojlund has some experience drifting in channels when needed.
Don't know how this balances out on the pitch.

Irwin99

Bruno. Just not sure Mount would be effective there but could be completely wrong, only saying what i've heard. Would like to Pellistri get game time there too.

Antony, Sancho, MG,....'tis a cursed position it seems :(

Frank White

Am i the only one who still believes in Sancho? :confused:
Don't think it's about believing in him or not at this point, even though he's shown very little to warrant are belief. Don't think Eth is going to back down and he's obviously not by not taking down the tweet so yeah unless this situation is solved soon don't think he plays.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well but the recent turn of event, I'd probably have Antony back.

parmenio

Am i the only one who still believes in Sancho? :confused:
He hasn’t done anywhere near enough to deserve another shot. Bench player at best until he shows he’s with a chance. Or if January comes quicker hopefully move him on.

TomSkalle

Several possible formation options here.
Bruno out right, push Eriksen up at 10
Mount out right..
Amarabat will also give even more choises.

Anthony havent looked good so far, so i dont think we will be much weaker without him.

Robertd0803

At this stage I wouldnt be against EtH coming up some mental gameplan and formation to completely exclude the RW position altogether.

Abraxas

I don't think there are any appealing options with Diallo injured. Shame as that could have been his opportunity.

I would go for a natural right wing option in Pellistri. Ultimately not convinced he has the all-round game to make it here. But actually, now Hojlund presents a target his style of direct wing play might be an option.

Maybe Sancho if he gets his head down, will probably need to apologize to the manager. Or at least patch it over.

CloneMC16

Hoping for Pellistri, but realistically, it will be Bruno. ETH played Bruno on the right quite often last season. I expect the same to happen again. I think it's crazy to play arguably our best player out of position.