Who is your preferred option for the RW spot?

Yanited__

Sancho could have had yet another chance to shoe his way into the team but with that statement, he shouldn't even be considered.

It's going to change depending on the game I reckon. I think Pellestri deserves a run given he's our only true right winger but I see Ten Hag opting for Garnacho in games where teams play a high line and then either Bruno/Mount for other games where we dominate possession.

Think United desperately lack natural width on the right side however. Antony always cuts inside. Bruno cuts inside. Mount will cut inside. Pellestri is the only player who can hold the width. With Hojlund coming in, getting crosses into the box, low or high, it could be an option. Even with Garnacho too, can't remember but didn't Ten Hag already play Garnacho on the RW?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Ye I think having 2 solid DM will bring the best out of Mount. Just not sure if Bruno will be effective on the right.
I think his whipped in deliveries will have added threat now we have Hojlund. He’ll thrive off the sort of dangerous early ball he likes to put in. Am actual target to aim at, and someone who makes proper poacher style runs.

colombianmancunian

Now, probably Pellistri. Antony needs to seriously up his game and effectiveness. About our options, I think Sancho is the most talented, but sadly he has the wrong mentality.

Personally right now Pellestri, simply because Greenwood, Sancho, Antony and Amad are unavailable. I don't think he will start at the weekend but he will soon

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pellistri. I don’t know how good he is but I’d prefer to see an upcoming talent given a go. Might bring some positivity to the club.

But we all know it will be Bruno.

ColvaleGoa

We will never get a better opportunity than now to test Pellistri. Sink or swim.

Play Bruno on Right and might as well dump Pellistri for £1ml to some Spanish side .

Among all doom and gloom at least watching some youth get a chance might be a bit of a salvation!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
No he wasn't. He'd drive me mad and I can't remember him having any impact that was positive. Every pass to him by a United player should have been counted as an interception.
Instead of Antony, "the place where counter attacks go to die"

AndyMUFC86

Personally I’d like to see Garnacho played on the right but inevitably I see Bruno/Mount used there. I’d be happy to see Pelistri played but got a feeling he won’t be played from the start. Amad must be devastated he’s injured

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't get the clamour for Amad. He did sod all with the blue bigots in the Scots Prem then had one good season in the second division with Sunderland and apparently he's now good enough to be our starting right winger. It went on all summer on twitter too. From what I've seen of him he's shaping up well but he's not ready to be the first choice starter and I thought he'd go out on loan again if he hadn't got injured.
Most of those things could be told about Antony just as well. The thing is, Amad plays on RW position like a playmaker rather than a winger-attacker, so he is quite similar to Antony in that way. I quite like the look of him, although it worries me a bit that he also doesn't seem the have the physicality.

I see much more in Amad than in Pellistri though. Pellistri is like a runner, good in counter attacking game but can't play slow-pace football (a bit like Garnacho). The problem is, he isn't even that fast. Elanga I rate higher than Pellistri at the moment.

gregor

It will be Bruno with Pellistri as backup.

If Amrabat is fit we will most probably line up like this:

Casemiro - Amrabat
Bruno - Eriksen - Rashford
Hojlund​
When Mount is back he could replace Eriksen.

What I would like to see is a 4-4-2 formation with Bruno and Garnacho as wide midfielders and Rashford and Hojlund as forwards.

Telsim

What was the point of keeping Pellistri this summer if he isn't going to play even under the current circumstances?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What was the point of keeping Pellistri this summer if he isn't going to play even under the current circumstances?
I think this will be make or break for him. He'll be aware that if he can't even get a look in under the current circumstances, he'll never feature here.

He should at least be in the sub rotation pool.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
  1. Garnacho
  2. Rashford
  3. Bruno
  4. Mount
Think Garnacho right and Rashford left would be better than the reverse. Playing Rashy right would be like having two mens less.

Appletonred

Pellistri should start, in the absence of Antony and Sancho its a no brainer, but Ten Hag is a tad pragmatic unfortunately.

manichester

We have wingers that do not cross the ball, so if Pellistri is not going to play try

Rashford Hojlund

Eriksen Bruno

Amrabat Casemiro

Back Four​

Full backs overlap and give width. Eriksen and Bruno are the most creative. The two front men have license to roam and hit the spaces between defenders

Lentwood

Where's all this clamour to start Pellistri come from? What has he ever done, at United or any of the clubs he's been loaned to, to suggest that he's good enough to be starting for a top-10 Premier League club?

It comes down to levels again. Pellistri might be half-decent but I think we'll find pretty quickly once the initial enthusiasm and goodwill fades that he'd be a major downgrade on Antony.

I think it's going to have to be Garnacho personally. In a sense, solves a headache for ETH because Garnacho is going to start clamouring for starts and Rashford currently has possession of the AMLF spot. If Garnacho could learn to play effectively on the right, we'll be a stronger XI/squad for it.

Zlatattack

Where's all this clamour to start Pellistri come from? What has he ever done, at United or any of the clubs he's been loaned to, to suggest that he's good enough to be starting for a top-10 Premier League club?

It comes down to levels again. Pellistri might be half-decent but I think we'll find pretty quickly once the initial enthusiasm and goodwill fades that he'd be a major downgrade on Antony.

I think it's going to have to be Garnacho personally. In a sense, solves a headache for ETH because Garnacho is going to start clamouring for starts and Rashford currently has possession of the AMLF spot. If Garnacho could learn to play effectively on the right, we'll be a stronger XI/squad for it.
I think we need to find out. Give him a run, lets see what he can do, otherwise get rid of him. If he's not going to hit the level, why have him at the club?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Garnacho can clamour all he wants about starting but the evidence so far says he's not ready to be starting, he needs to up his game if he expects to be starting

Frank White

I actually dont buy the laziness jabs thrown at sancho...he works hard...harder than rashford at least. He tracks back better...forget about the recent clips where he looks unfit, whenever he was fit, he was doing the defensive side very well. He just needs a run of games. Same thing with Amad.

I also think all of this may actually work out well for us. Anthony is and was a serious detriment to us when attacking. This forced timeout forces ten hag to give other players who need a run of games a chance.

I think that by the time Anthony makes a come back, he will have a huge battle on his hands for that spot. I strongly think that by then, people wont want to go back to his slow us down and never beat a man kind of football. Either way change is coming to the RW by force...either sancho/amad step up or we have to back into the market.
Well that's a lie. As for working harder than Rashford that's very much debatable too. Even so one of the biggest criticisms put against Rashford is his lack of work ethic and going off of the stats Sancho is basically the same although he did take a extended break in one of the busiest seasons ever leaving the squad thread bare.

Saying all that he'd be my number one shout for the right if he settles the problems with Eth, then probably Pellestri, Mount, Bruno in that order.

ClassOf'99

Why do we need to play with a Winger set up?

Rashford rarely if ever tracks back, I think the below would be a better set up in the interim

Rashford --------------------Højlund
(Left forward/Second Striker)
Mount/ Eriksen -----------Bruno
(If available)
Amrabaat------Case
(Double Pivot/One sit, one go)

4-2-2-2

Rashford and Højlund can drift allowing Mount & Bruno to make runs into the box or cross,

Amrabaat can help take the load of Case, and allow one of them to sit while the other overloads the midfield

Wingbacks can overload the mid or overlap when needed

Overall a much more balanced system than shoehorning any of our non RW players into right wing so we can play the 4-3-3 that hasn't been working due to it giving us a nonexistent midfield

philippexyz

Sancho or Pellistri. We will also try Amad there, I assume, when he recovers. Having no back up striker worries me more. I don't consider Martial as a professional footballer any longer. He's off to Saudi's next year and that's it.

Speako

Garnacho.

I know his preference - and stronger - side is left, but Rashford isn’t being moved from this position as long as he’s on form, which we need him to be week in week out. We also really need to get Garnacho on the field regularly as he’s a game changer. If he can adapt to right attack (he is right footed after all which will actually be a blessing for the centre forward), a forward line of Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho could be outstanding. In addition, the wingers could swap through each game to freshen things up.

Failing that, then Pellestri and Amad.

Absolutely sick of shoe-horning Bruno there, it’s a waste, and Mount isn’t the answer.

Gator Nate

I'd like to see Pellistri get a run of starts until Amad is back, unless it really doesn't work, then shoehorn Sancho in there. The only issue I worry about with Pellistri is that he gets pushed around too much. Maybe a string of games will get him used to it and fighting back.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
We'll be fine. It's not exactly a huge drop in quality. Just try a bunch of different options. Mount, Dalot, Bruno or a youngster. Makes very little difference.

luke511

He’s one of our only natural right wingers, has shown flashes of quality in his rare opportunities here and is starting for Uruguay in that position on the current international break. Pretty logical for people to suggest he’s finally given a fair run there?

Stadjer

Really bad timing for Amad to pick up another injury at the start of a season. It cost him a loan to Feyenoord (which would have been really great for him, working a year with Slot would be good i think) and now the RW spot is fairly open to compete for with Greenwood gone, Antony his issues, Sancho his issues and Pellistri likely just not good enough to make the step from young talent to a Manchester United starter.

nau05194

hmm, tough one - lots of options, but I'd say a winning approach would be to stick Scott McTominay in right midfield/right wing/right #10.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Pellistri will be 22 soon. Sink or swim.

It's not like we'll be shocked, if another young one will fail, but at least this has some potential for improvement / excitement, unlike loaning another veteran who'll last one year max.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I think if Amrabat and Cas start in the middle Mount is the guy to go with. The beauty of this is that Mount and Bruno can swap position through the game as needed. Then bring on Pellestri later in the game to offer a different option. I'm not sure if Pellestri has a stamina issue but he seems like one of these players that does really well as a sub but is a bit meh as a starter. Hopefully Amad and Kobi will be back soon to add more depth too.

As for Sancho, i dont really want to see him play again for Utd, but if he apologies to ETH and removes that pinned tweet he can get some minutes here and there just so he can put himself in the 'shop window' for January, which may at least motivate him a little bit. Utd should not be relying on this guy again though.

Giggsy13

Given ten Hag’s history, I am 100% certain that Sancho will not have an easy path (or no other at all) back into the first team squad. It should clearly be Pellistri moving forward.