Who replaces Ten Hag?

Longshanks

Hmmm, Poch is tempting. Got to say. Think he has done pretty well at Chelsea really considering the utter shit show he took over, they have largely played better than there results most season and than got on a good roll at the end of the season and got themselves into Europe.

If ETH goes I suspect Poch will be the favourite to take over.

Dazzmondo

Poch definitely a strong candidate now. Remarkably stupid from Chelsea to let him go after they finally found a good run of form. Not worried about them next season

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I'd 100% take Poch. Used to coaching a young squad. Chelsea played good football all season and it was their finishing that let them down but once it clicked they finished the season well.
Thing which goes unnoticed; only team this season which played 3 even games with City. In 2 of those games Chelsea played attacking football and creating chances.

C'est Moi Cantona

As far as Chelsea rejects go then Poch feels alot better fit for us than Tuchel does, and certainly way more than Jose ever was.

Red00012

Well that certainly is interesting, if true. It’s hard to imagine the Italian clubs paying compensation for a manager with how they usually operate these days. However it is something I could see us or Bayern doing.

Would definitely be interesting to see where he actually ends up and if there’s any truth to this.
Chelsea definitely

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Absolutely. If we miss out on both Poch and Tuchel that would be crazy
Two managers who are proven right there, in my opinion, as better than what we have. Then you have RDZ, Motta, maybe Amorim and McKenna who are younger, interesting options. Then there's some I don't know much about like Fonseca, Farioli etc. Whatever they are looking for, it's out there.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would mind Poch at all. Was totally convinced by him in late 2019. He hasn’t really shown much in his career since then though. PSG and Chelsea are difficult clubs nonetheless.

Reiver

Two managers who are proven right there, in my opinion, as better than what we have. Then you have RDZ, Motta, maybe Amorim and McKenna who are younger, interesting options. Then there's some I don't know much about like Fonseca, Farioli etc. Whatever they are looking for, it's out there.
Agreed. The no obvious replacement is hogwash. As you say, whatever type of manager the new team want, there is someone gettable.

Adz_99

Give Poch a 1 year contract and see what happens.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Coops73

Is Poch the type to be happy with others making the recruitment and working within a set system?

Superunknown

I'd take them all. Let's have a new manager bounce every week! Just rotate them. Put each of their faces on a dice, roll it, and whoever comes up is the manager that week. The others can just rest in their pokéballs for the time being.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So, after a month of good form that saw him finish 3 points ahead of us in the worst season most of us can remember (and getting the sack)... people now actually want him?

Zed 101

It is a no on Poch for me, had a much better squad than utd to pick from and for the vast majority of the season they were one of the few teams worse than we were, without Cole Palmer they would have been fighting relegation

AndyMUFC

So, after a month of good form that saw him finish 3 points ahead of us in the worst season most of us can remember (and getting the sack)... people now actually want him?
Played good football all season but the younger players lacked composure in front of goal.

If we'd finished 8th with the football Chelsea had played this season rather than what we actually have done, I'd be up for keeping Ten Hag. The football is a bigger problem than finishing 8th.

Fooza

So the dart board just got updated! close your eyes lads and throw, we may get poch this time!

Seriously, poch is the another name of a long list of managers who still isn't the one we really need but no manager is who is currently available for 24-25.

So give him a 1 year contract (with 1 year extension) and see I guess? who knows

C'est Moi Cantona

Over Potter, Southgate, Tuchel, Frank, and De Zerbi (which are our likely pool of managers to choose from), then yes I'd take Poch.

sepulturite

So the dart board just got updated! close your eyes lads and throw, we may get poch this time!

Seriously, poch is the another name of a long list of managers who still isn't the one we really need but no manager is who is currently available for 24-25.

So give him a 1 year contract (with 1 year extension) and see I guess? who knows
As I said to another poster why would Poch ever agree to a one year contract? Not in a million years would he.

Swedish_Plumber

I really don’t know what to think of the prospect. On one hand something new might be required alongside the new owners and Poch did have his moments against some of the other big sides last season and finished well. Got to a cup final too, despite being utterly spineless in it.

On the other hand he’s been largely poor/underwhelming in his last two jobs. He also didn’t really get to grips with all the incomings last season at Chelsea quickly enough. Will that happen again with necessary incomings needed at United this summer if he was to be hired? Because we know he won’t be given the time by the fans if it’s a season that matches the one he’s just had with Chelsea.

Orange Tree

Poch stayed too long at Spurs, it's hopeless already.

But we can still rescue Ange.

Shark

@NotShark
Played good football all season but the younger players lacked composure in front of goal.

If we'd finished 8th with the football Chelsea had played this season rather than what we actually have done, I'd be up for keeping Ten Hag. The football is a bigger problem than finishing 8th.
Bang on the money.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I feel like we need to get him just so fans can get it out of their system and move on. Although having said that, people are still voting Mourinho on that other poll...

chris123

Never won a single thing in his career and has no discernible style of play. Why on earth are people clamouring for Pochettino?

C'est Moi Cantona

I’d probably prefer Tuchel over Poch - just, as I think his record is better. Poch would still be a big upgrade on EtH though.
Tuchel was my number one before Poch became available, but I was never sure Ineos would go for someone like him, as he seems like a popular, short term, high impact, high maintenance sort of manager, so more a lazy Glazer sort of appointment, rather than Ineos.

Which would leaves De Zerbi, Southgate, Potter, or Frank, and personally I'd take Poch over any of these.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I'm in on this yes please.

I'd rather a Michele, Mckenna or Farioli but if we need some stability I'd take a punt on Tuchel or Poch.

If they get snapped up I'd go for Potter.

laughtersassassin

Tbh Poch is a risk but so is anyone and let's be honest if we where creating the chances Chelsea where wed actually have done a lot better.

ETH has to go but no idea who we should get in tbh