Who replaces Ten Hag?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Conversely one could say that blind "back the manager" advocates are also out in full force.
I’m not backing the manager I’m saying I don’t think sacking Ten Hag now helps. Not blindly backing him.

The club has an injury issue and structural issues.

Piskin

We've conceded 100 shots in the last 5 games. We let Newport get 17 shots off or something. We have no tactics, it's mostly counters which is a tactic.. or? We have created a good amount of chances recently which our players are too poor to finish i guess so that is.. a positive? Uhm. Should've been sacked for losing 7-0 to Liverpool yet he's still here almost a year later. Then we get knocked out of an easy CL group. Now we probably just choked the CL qualification for next season. Please make it stop. Zidane, please.
There you have it folks...there will be a few more hidings before the season is over

SungSam7

I’m not backing the manager I’m saying I don’t think sacking Ten Hag now helps. Not blindly backing him.

Not sure I'd agree, the results are not good enough now, what could be worse, its CL or nothing really. Anything else is less than what we should be aiming for. I'd go for something else in hope for top 4.

This guy has shown all season that he's either stubborn or has run out of ideas on how to use the players available. We aren't getting top 4 with him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Its over i think for him. He might last the season and be replaced in the summer though. But today Fulham looked like Peps Barca compared to us. They had patterns of play, while we looked like a pub team.

rajds89

He did quite well at Ajax coaching those players to a league title and what should of been a Champions League title.
Did he coach the players to play the Ajax way or was he fortunate that the core group of that team came up through the Ajax academy playing that style of football?

House Mkhitaryan

The job of a manager is to get the most out of the players. ETH is literally failing with every member in the squad on this.

The sooner him and his awful tactics are gone, the better. Why wait until next year?

GMoore23

Solskjaer in until the end of season.
He'll get us top 4, his reputation restored and we can part ways in the summer on better terms this time.

lilcurt

Its over i think for him. He might last the season and be replaced in the summer though. But today Fulham looked like Peps Barca compared to us. They had patterns of play, while we looked like a pub team.
Who replaced him? I'm not a fan of his at the minute but surely we need to be able to suggest alternatives

Tyrion

In my case, that is absolutely true. It’s nothing to do with the results or the performances. He once stole a parking space on me and I never forgot it. It’s a personal vendetta for me.

I just can’t wait for the next loss.
I knew it! But that parking space is gone. It's never coming back.

croadyman

Can't believe people turning their nose up at Tuchel,he would get more out of this side. My first choice will be scousebound so behind Nagelsmann but fear Potter

Jericholyte2

Tuchel is failing in the Bundesliga…managing Bayern Munich…with Harry Kane!

What on Earth makes people think he’d be a success here?

And the Ole-back-ers - give your heads a wobble! Talk about rose-tinted glasses!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
So what you're telling me is, what we're seeing under ten Hag is the best football we can display with our current squad?
Yes. With all the key personnel out. You are crazy if you imagine having no 6, a past it Eriksen in midfield, a slow Lindeloff as a fullback on a slow Maguire' side, and a lazy off form Rashford upfront is a squad any manager can perform with. End of story.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How did Xavi actually go at Barca? They won La Liga last season and had an incredible defensive record, but obviously fallen away a fair bit this season. Was last season a bit of a fluke or was it a sign that he could be successful here?

He always talked very highly of us and from memory said if he'd ever left Barca (as a player) we'd be the club he'd want to join.

Telsim

Change is necessary. Nagelsmann, Flick, Inzaghi, Enrique, I'd take any of those. Good football with the CV to back it up. Maybe Tuchel as well. You also have some hipster options, like De Zerbi, Michel, Pioli, but I'd rather have someone from the former group at this point.

I don't believe for a second there's no one out there that would do better than what we are currently. Oh, just not Potter, please.

Nah, I'm not having that. Managers with worse squads have been able to go in and implement their style from the off. Ten hag has had long enough to do it and hasn't.
Lies upon lies. Few teams in the league have as badly equipped side as our second half squad. A collection of No balance, players past it, players not good enougg and lazy players being carried. It's baffling y'all constantly prefer to pretend and already weak squad missing crucial key personnel has NO effect in how the team plays let alone implements style of play...

Your distate of a manager should never force you to pass off square circles as reality. ....

How did Xavi actually go at Barca? They won La Liga last season and had an incredible defensive record, but obviously fallen away a fair bit this season. Was last season a bit of a fluke or was it a sign that he could be successful here?

He always talked very highly of us and from memory said if he'd ever left Barca (as a player) we'd be the club he'd want to join.
If he has struggled with the personnel issues at Barca. You can't seriously expect him to fair better with the worse issues we have in our squad (and no he didn't fluke the title. He produced a miracle)

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes. With all the key personnel out. You are crazy if you imagine having no 6, a past it Eriksen in midfield, a slow Lindeloff as a fullback on a slow Maguire' side, and a lazy off form Rashford upfront is a squad any manager can perform with. End of story.
All key personnel out? We had three players out. Martinez, Shaw and Hojlund. In comparison, Fulham had Jimenez, Willian and Palhinha out. Both sets of players equally as important for both teams. Yet, Fulham came to OT, pretty much dominated and deserved to win. If that's the best you feel this United squad can do, then your standards have dropped big time. End of story!

Walters_19_MuFc

Lies upon lies. Few teams in the league have as badly equipped side as our second half squad. A collection of No balance, players past it, players not good enougg and lazy players being carried. It's baffling y'all constantly prefer to pretend and already weak squad missing crucial key personnel has NO effect in how the team plays let alone implements style of play...

Your distate of a manager should never force you to pass off square circles as reality. ....
You say distaste of a manager, but I'm pro ten Hag, believe it or not. Well, I was...You only have to check my posts. Pretty easy if you have time. However, the fact you feel this is the best football we can produce with the players at our disposal is nothing short of madness.

Roane

We need a name, a big name.

This isn't one of those we must sign "insert best player name here" comments.

My reasoning is that we need someone with a name bigger than our players. I don't think Zidane is necessarily the best coach out there. But we need him and not whoever IS the best coach

Likes of De Zerbi are good but our players will not "bow" down to him. They are arrogant.

A big name with cojones is needed to bend their will. Someone who won't accept Rashford not trying and having a stroll. Someone who can say "hey lad buck up your fecking ideas" and has a name that can't be messed with.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Conversely it may be that we have never made the right appointment since saf. That's what 12 years now and we have had just 5 permanent managers in this period. Elite clubs have had much more in the same period. And they all have much better structures in place. It's just that their owners and fans have standards unlike us.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We need a name, a big name.

This isn't one of those we must sign "insert best player name here" comments.

My reasoning is that we need someone with a name bigger than our players. I don't think Zidane is necessarily the best coach out there. But we need him and not whoever IS the best coach

Likes of De Zerbi are good but our players will not "bow" down to him. They are arrogant.

A big name with cojones is needed to bend their will. Someone who won't accept Rashford not trying and having a stroll. Someone who can say "hey lad buck up your fecking ideas" and has a name that can't be messed with.
Klopp would straighten this lot.

All key personnel out? We had three players out. Martinez, Shaw and Hojlund. In comparison, Fulham had Jimenez, Willian and Palhinha out. Both sets of players equally as important for both teams.
The typical gambit of conflating people injured per team with key personnel.

Its reasonimg as done above that has some of us pegging the likes of you as unreasonably agenda driven....

Fulham's style of play fir example can't collapse with their 3 key men out because, not only do they actually have direct alternatives who can fill in. Their style of play doesn't hinge on those player in those positions.

In comparison United has lost its ENTIRE defensive left side, both in terms of pace and the style of build up play the manager prefers. A manager whose style works best with two left footed defenders with pace. With ZERO viable alternatives. In addition they lost the entire focal point of attack, who is not only a key presser, he has no back up alternative either.

Yes both Fulham and Manchester J itrd have lost key players
Yet The loss fulham has suffered frankly pales in comparison to Manchester United's.

Frankly anyone NOW claiming they expected us "to boss Fulham" before a ball was kicked today is a certified liar. Most pre match comments on her and out there in the re world were how difficult it was going to be and clutching at straws as to what solutions fans hoped ETH could pick to survive the tie with 3 points.

dubplate warrior

I think his position is pretty quickly approaching the point of no return. We keep conceding 15-20 shots a game. Injuries shouldn't excuse that and it's more on how he is setting us up. Its only a matter of time before we get battered 4 or 5 nil.

It may be worth sacking him in the last few weeks of the season and then going in for a manager who genuinely has an attacking brand of football to start our pre season.

I agree that he has been set up to fail from the start, alongside all off our other coaches. However with the players we have on the pitch there's no reason we should lose and be dominated as much as we are.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Very unrealistic and will not happen, but I would love Zidane as ETHs replacement. Other than him, no clue. Maybe Nagelsmann? It's hard to imagine anyone succeeding here at this point.

tjb

Not a good enough excuse. I don't think our performances have been good enough all season. We've played against Tatith Chong and Andreas Pereira. All the players we have in our squad are better than them. The team has no cohesion and has never built that cohesion. This is why we hired him and he hasn't done his job. I was also vocal about shots, possession and goal difference being poor last week, so I also didn't just jump in. I've been off ETH since early December when it became apparent that he wasn't even going to try other tactical solutions.

Walters_19_MuFc

The typical gambit of conflating people injured per team with key personnel.

Its reasonimg as done above that has some of us pegging the likes of you as unreasonably agenda driven....

Fulham's style of play fir example can't collapse with their 3 key men out because, not only do they actually have direct alternatives who can fill in. Their style of play doesn't hinge on those player in those positions.

In comparison United has lost its ENTIRE defensive left side, both in terms of pace and the style of build up play the manager prefers. A manager whose style works best with two left footed defenders with pace. With ZERO viable alternatives. In addition they lost the entire focal point of attack, who is not only a key presser, he has no back up alternative either.

Yes both Fulham and Manchester J itrd have lost key players
Yet The loss fulham has suffered frankly pales in comparison to Manchester United's.

Frankly anyone NOW claiming they expected us "to boss Fulham" before a ball was kicked today is a certified liar. Most pre match comments on her and out there in the re world were how difficult it was going to be and clutching at straws as to what solutions fans hoped ETH could pick to survive the tie with 3 points.
I can see you're continuing with the 'agenda driven' nonsense because I feel ten Hag should be doing better with what he has at his disposal.

Not once did I say, nor did I expect us to dominate Fulham at home today. We haven't even managed to do that with our first XI, never mind the team we had out today. However, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask to win against a side who, as I said before, not only had key players out themselves, but prior to this game, have only won one league game away from home, which was the start of the season against Everton.

You also mentioned that most pre-match comments mentioned how tough it was going to be, which I agree with. When was the last time we've made a game look pretty routine? The answer is, we haven't, yet 88% of fans who voted on the Caf had United to win today, which as I said at the start, shouldn't have been too much to ask for.