De zerbi
Alonso

Clubs that might be or for sure looking for managers
Bayern
Barca
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle

If we are planning to sack eth then we must act fast.

wolvored

I just keep thinking back to what Ratcliffe said about them deciding what style of football they want United to play and that they would choose coaches to fit that. So I don’t think that will be decided until the DoF is in place and then a careful choice has to be made. Do they go defensive like Simone/Mourinho type, all out attacking, etc because that’s the theme they then need to stick to otherwise you’re just wasting money on transfers and wasting time with the reserves
I have thought about this as well and the fact Barrada will be the main man we will probably implement a similar style to city, maybe arsenal which is similar without being exact. So imo a 433 will probably be the default tactic. Nagelsmann as manager?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You can hardly include Rangnick, as he was only here for a short space off time
And even in that time he realised our players couldn’t or wouldn’t do the running, press as a unit, and follow his instructions. It’s the whole reason Elanga was used so much- because he actually did what he was asked!

Woziak

I have thought about this as well and the fact Barrada will be the main man we will probably implement a similar style to city, maybe arsenal which is similar without being exact. So imo a 433 will probably be the default tactic. Nagelsmann as manager?
That’s my thinking also but Naigelsman plays 4231, he’s far more compact and likes fluid movement between front 4, Miguel Munoz is an outside shout and Tuchel could be considered. The one thing about Naigelsman his teams score goals and he plays true attacking football, I think he would be a great option but he would struggle initially as he has no PL experience unlike Tuchel and Nagelsman Germany record is not great so far!

Remember the geese

Alonso would be exciting but I am afraid he is not going to come. He is already not joining Bayern because they are too much of a mess, so go figure. If he goes anywhere in summer, it will be Liverpool.
I don't see it happening either, but he's the obvious candidate. Perhaps we aren't a mess anymore. We seem to be sorting ourselves out off the pitch at least. Though maybe it isn't the quick fix that Alonso would be looking for.

Woziak

Let's try Flick. Why the hell not.
I think with Tuchel, Naigelsman and Flick it will be one of those 3 as we are going fully German this summer and we’ll be raising Red Bull Leipzig and Bayern Munich and Leverkusen.

Woziak

Potential good to great managers available:
Nagelsmann
Flick
Tuchel
Zidane
Conte
Potter
Amorim
De zerbi
Alonso

Clubs that might be or for sure looking for managers
Bayern
Barca
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle

If we are planning to sack eth then we must act fast.
You left out Jose who I think will end up at Newcastle ?

croadyman

It’s not just Erik. Rangnick ‘god father of the press’ couldn’t do it, Mourinho didn’t implement anything other than a parked bus, LVG failed with his ‘philosophy’. The closest we’ve come to a style implemented is Oles counter attacking.
We can’t keep blaming the manager every 2 years. We have to ride out the bumps and have some conviction for heavens sake.
Don't ride out bumps of being annihilated by scousers and beaten at home by PALACE, BOURNEMOUTH and FULHAM. Will forgive Brighton as they are a decent side. Getting back on topic will take any of Alonso (no chance), Nagelsmann, Inzaghi, De Zerbi or Flick.

Woziak

A bit of a stretch, but with Nagelsmann maybe, just maybe, he'd be up for starting his role now. Wouldn't be the first time a national team coach managed a club at the same time.
Never thought of that and that’s a great shout ?

Laurencio

That’s my thinking also but Naigelsman plays 4231, he’s far more compact and likes fluid movement between front 4, Miguel Munoz is an outside shout and Tuchel could be considered. The one thing about Naigelsman his teams score goals and he plays true attacking football, I think he would be a great option but he would struggle initially as he has no PL experience unlike Tuchel and Nagelsman Germany record is not great so far!
I'd love for it to be Nagelsmann.

A bit of a stretch, but with Nagelsmann maybe, just maybe, he'd be up for starting his role now. Wouldn't be the first time a national team coach managed a club at the same time.
He was specifically hired to guide Germany through the Euros this summer, no chance he takes a club job on the side. Might be able to get him after the Euros though.

Woziak

I'd love for it to be Nagelsmann.
We would instantly work harder that’s for sure but he would need serious backing this summer. On the plus Kimmich loves him so that might help the club recruit him.

RedDevilQuebecois

Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Since our youth teams look very strong at the moment because of the Dutch methods being used by the youth coaches, the next manager has to be someone who has experience in nurturing and integerating kids with the senior team. Ruud nurtured and took those boys at PSV to be part of the current team that is dominating the Eredivisie and that could reach the quarterfinals of the Champions League if they beat Dortmund. Going with a Dutch method doesn't mean having to do exactly what Ajax does because Dutch =/= Ajax.

As for Nagelsmann, can someone tell me why he got sacked by Bayern?

Walters_19_MuFc

And even in that time he realised our players couldn’t or wouldn’t do the running, press as a unit, and follow his instructions. It’s the whole reason Elanga was used so much- because he actually did what he was asked!
I don't even think it's a lack of effort from our players, other than the obvious ones, but more so a structural issue that ten Hag has failed to address.

Laurencio

Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Since our youth teams look very strong at the moment because of the Dutch methods being used by the youth coaches, the next manager has to be someone who has experience in nurturing and integerating kids with the senior team. Ruud nurtured and took those boys at PSV to be part of the current team that is dominating the Eredivisie and that could reach the quarterfinals of the Champions League if they beat Dortmund. Going with a Dutch method doesn't mean having to do exactly what Ajax does because Dutch =/= Ajax.

As for Nagelsmann, can someone tell me why he got sacked by Bayern?
Inconsistent performances, and they thought they could win the treble if they brought in Tuchel.

croadyman

I also feel like SJR will be reluctant to spend millions paying off ETH unnecessarily.
Yeah which is music to your ears isn’t it,starting to wonder if this is Marcel from Utd View as he defends Erik to the hilt and goes on about trusting process.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think Simeone Inzaghi from Inter is an interesting choice. Doubt he'd ever leave(and I think he shouldn't).

But that's a team that are more than the sum of their parts. They have a good squad, but they play extremely well as a unit. Well drilled going forward and defensively. I'm not a fan of a system that uses 3 center-backs, but he employs a dynamic system where the side center-backs are free to take up positions creating overloads in midfield or even the final 3rd at times.

They're also incredibly adept at playing out from the back(even City in the UCL final avoided pressing them too much), and they press well themselves.

I wonder if he'd be adaptable and not be entirely rooted to his specific 3 back system, but he's an excellent coach. Wouldn't be my 1st choice, but he's an option if he ever wanted to test his mettle outside Italy.

crackers0seven

If sacked before season end, I'd give Potter a chance for few months,don't think Chelsea is a fair reflection. If sacked after season end, Tuckel if he's out of a job. Erik looks lost In my opinion. Injuries and all them excuses,if we are down to bare bones,just set the team up in a solid hard to break down mode,big Sam can even do that. Instead he just leaves utd wide open in midfield for onslaught after onslaught. Kinda lost me with he went away from his supposed football principles that he adapted at ajax. He was surely hired to bring a brand of football and what we have is barely football. Can't string 5 passes together most of the time.

Overhaul FC

Can't believe people turning their nose up at Tuchel,he would get more out of this side. My first choice will be scousebound so behind Nagelsmann but fear Potter
The thing with Tuchel for me was he never won the Bundesliga with Dortmund which would be a real achievement.

Didn't win the Champions League with a stacked PSG team.

Has done poorly with Bayern despite winning the Bundesliga last season. With a good squad, even if they don't have one of their best ever squads. They still have a defence which could contain Kimmich, Pavard, the right back they signed from Ajax whose name evades me... Kim min jae, Upamecano and Alphonso Davies.
He chose to let Pavard go. Harry Kane couldn't even mask their issues this season.

His big success was with Chelsea winning the Champions League coming I believe mid season that year.

I'm definitely not sold on either Tuchel or Nagelsmann. It's hard to believe in someone that couldn't succeed at Bayern in Germany.

I want Ten Hag to succeed but if "the injuries" aren't a valid excuse then I'd want him to be replaced with someone clearly better than him. I don't think Tuchel or Nagelsmann are that.

There are a few other candidates who might be more recent upstarts. But not many no brainer types worth going for over Ten Hag.

ManRed

I want a manager who builds an attacking and aggresive system in place. No more of this transition BS or counter attacking like Ole. We need a manager who can coach these players and have the cojones to bench Rashford and Bruno when not performing.

gajender

I want a manager who builds an attacking and aggresive system in place. No more of this transition BS or counter attacking like Ole. We need a manager who can coach these players and have the cojones to bench Rashford and Bruno when not performing.
United should be actively trying to Sell Rashford and Bruno in Summer and even if they aren't able to next United team needs to be build with understanding they won't be regular starters even if they stay .

aeh1991

I'd really consider going an Arsenal/Arteta route with McKenna or Carrick. It's a gamble but under the right system and board, maybe they can flourish.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
De Zerbi is so good but unproven and will be a huge gamble. Bit like Potter. But he’ll be very good for a team in rebuilding phase IMO. Still young enough and tactically very good.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
I dont see anyone replacing him doing worse. Honestly we can have Big Sam and I truly believe he will make us play better compared to this shitshow of a playstyle. At least get the OG hoofball godfather if we truly insist playing that style. On a serious note, Nagelsmann, De Zerbi, Flick, etc we have so many options outside its not even a discussion. Even I will take Potter over him. He's doneso. Some fans keep banging on our "wins" but I dont think they really watched those games. We were winning despite him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There’s going to be a lot of change at the club in the next few years, we will probably move towards a younger team too. Someone like Ancelotti with his experience would be really good working with a group of young players being brought in like he has with Vini, Camavinga, Rodrygo, Belligham, Valverde, etc. He gets on with everyone and the players will respect him
More like the players knew they have to get along with the manager or the club would feck them up.

We have Marcus fecking Rashford giving a middle finger proverbially to the club by pretending to jog.

Sometimes i wonder what are the fans applauding all the time

Affirmation

Simeone Inzaghi really isn't getting talked about enough. I can't believe he hasn't been legitimately linked to us, I genuinely don't get it. The three center back system he utilities might put some people off initially, but it's a well drilled system that allows for great build up and nice football. He is also about to win all the trophies a manager can win in Italy. He also won with Lazio which is an impressive achievement.