Who replaces Ten Hag?

AdNani

If it’s a choice between Tuchel and Ten Hag then it really is a no brainier

RORY65

Are you talking about the Real Madrid manager?
You don't think he'd leave Mbappe, Bellingham and Vinicius amongst plenty of others to join a Conference League team whose star players are Portugal's back up right back and a 5 foot 9 centre back who is slow on the turn and can't stay fit?

OleGunnar20

Tuchels a great coach but not for me. We need to kick off the Ineos reign with someone stable, and he's never going to be that.

De Zerbi is overhyped I think. Southgate and Potter no way. Amorim, Inzaghi and Mckenna look to be among the best upcoming coaches but is it too soon / would Inzaghi be interested?

How about Emery? Great work at Villa and seems far more level headed than the likes of Tuchel.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Given how INEOS is making changes in the boardroom, I would be very surprised if they take the risk of getting a De Zerbi in at this moment.

Tuchel has won trophies, has some recent PL experience and is experienced, so he fits all the criterias on paper, though not very sure he’s the right man.

Just get someone who’s a little less delusional than the current guy in charge.

TsuWave

He was managing Everton recently let's not forget, so anything can happen, but directly trying to lure him from Madrid would be near impossible.
Everton stint was a transitional period for him at a time Everton was supposed to be getting big investment. Why would he leave Real Madrid? Thus my confusion with your post

Only way I see him leaving Real is if Real wants to go in a different direction for whatever reason or if his national team comes calling and/or he wants to take it easy(ier)

Rojofiam

Ancelotti this summer isn't happening and it's for the best. He needs a good team in order to be successful. Not someone we should choose for a rebuild.

However, in 2026 or thereabouts, it could be a match made in heaven for both parties, if we're looking for a manager.

If he's done at Madrid, and wants to continue his managerial career, just ask him if United is something that would tempt him.

bitcoin

I’d take Tuchel. He’s shown he is tactically flexible (he’s used different systems in Dortmund, PSG, Chelsea and Bayern) and very meticulous. He’s won big trophies and provided he’s not responsible for transfers, could be a shrewd choice.

Personality wise, yes he is prone to the odd meltdown, but he’s also an outwardly fierce, confrontational, no-BS coach - a bit like Klopp, which isn’t a bad thing in my book.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Tuchel is such an unimagiantive short term choice :(
It's exactly what we need. He proved at Chelsea he can handle turmoil and if we get him in, we give Ashworth a year to settle in. He's also great in the cups and I think he'll work well with our club culture.

Tuchel is like a German Mounrinho where he's almost guaranteed to fall out with the hierarchy above him, so if we know that, we can already plan on the man after.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Within minutes of being appointed , Tuchel would've achieved arguments with the DOF, CEO,CFO and Janice the tea lady.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Within minutes of being appointed , Tuchel would've achieved arguments with the DOF, CEO,CFO and Janice the tea lady.
We can actually do with someone right now like that. Not sure any other option looks half decent, given there’ll be Bayern, Liverpool jobs open, that are much lucrative by a mile.

Tuchel atleast has shown some evidence of managing top clubs and winning the biggest trophies, unlike Southgate, RDZ and Motta

Pav1878

Zidane
Tuchel
Nagelsmann
De Zerbi
Gasperini
Amorim

I think of mangers who also may help us bring good players in with them that they have worked with. May give us an edge in the transfer market.

plus I would imagine every player wants to play for Zidane for example

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The important thing is to first get in a fully functional sports department that has decided a particular style of football going forward, so that the next manager is mainly a coach. After that we can start getting in the players we need in a coherent and professional manner. Without that, no manager can be expected to thrive so it's no surprise that ETH hasn't.

Bert_

Tuchel is clearly a difficult person to work with, no matter he good he might be.

Southgate is the complete opposite. Boring yes man who would just go with the flow and offer little resistance even if things were heading in the wrong direction. Lacks any kind of gravitas and would struggle to command respect.

Ancelotti doesn’t build teams. He just makes what he has work. If what he has happen to be some of the best players in the world then he'll make them win titles. Never demands players. Never gives any illusion that he will build a style of play. Mr Adaptable.

sepulturite

Zidane
Tuchel
Nagelsmann
De Zerbi
Gasperini
Amorim

I think of mangers who also may help us bring good players in with them that they have worked with. May give us an edge in the transfer market.

Well Nagelsmann is out, in case you didn't hear he's extended with the German national team

Blood Mage

Tuchel is a bit underwhelming but he'll probably be the best option available to us this summer and would be a colossal improvement over what we have right now.

Bert_

Zidane
Tuchel
Nagelsmann
De Zerbi
Gasperini
Amorim

Zidane - Massive Risk. Had a great squad at Madrid and was well within in his comfort zone managing a team he'd been around for years. He'd have the players respect for sure, but that won't be enough to push us on.
Tuchel - Will fall out with everyone within 18-months
Nagelsmann - Just took the German job
De Zerbi - He's done well with Brighton but how much credit does he deserves vs Potter? Potter was daft going to Chelsea. He would probably have achived at least the same, or more than De Zebri has if he stuck around for another season or two.
Gasperini - He's in his late 60s now and has never played or managed outside of Italy. He'd struggle to command respect even if the players knew who he was.
Amorim - Seen his name mentioned a few times for top jobs. I can't remeber the last time I watched Sporting though so have no clue about him.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s no good options but ETH really isn’t helping himself. I would’ve been happy to stick with him at one point even if you told me top 4 wasn’t going to happen. The level of capitulation on a regular basis is ridiculous though. That CL group stage couldn’t have been written by a scouser. Now the Ajax - Spurs semi makes total sense. He needs to go even if we get Mr Blobby in to replace him.

redshaw

Tuchel sounds like he's been putting his name down already this season. In terms of tactics and setup he would be a tempting choice to get some sense back out there for Ineos and has the experience.

Like most managers coming in, they're not going to work miracles, ETH has gone down a crazy path with the old club regime and added to the issues. We'll need some astute lower fee signings by the new board to help us out of this mess along with many fitness training improvements.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If it's Tuchel I'd be pretty worried we're right back to short term sticking plasters to scrape top 4, not sure he's ever left a club better than when he found it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If it's Tuchel I'd be pretty worried we're right back to short term sticking plasters to scrape top 4, not sure he's ever left a club better than when he found it.
Yep, that's my feeling to.

Red00012

No offence taken,
I will carry on reading between the lines and we will see who we end up as our next manager.
Feel free to bump this thread when that happens.
Just because he is learning to speak the language doesnt mean he gets the Utd job…..

redcucumber

Tuchel would be a boring wet fart appointment but also quite sensible. As others have said, it'll give the top brass time to get inside while an experienced head manages things for a bit. I'm choosing to be optimistic about it.

Saying that hasn't he completely flopped at Bayern? They only won the league last year by an absolute cnut's hair.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Zidane - Massive Risk. Had a great squad at Madrid and was well within in his comfort zone managing a team he'd been around for years. He'd have the players respect for sure, but that won't be enough to push us on.
Tuchel - Will fall out with everyone within 18-months
Nagelsmann - Just took the German job
De Zerbi - He's done well with Brighton but how much credit does he deserves vs Potter? Potter was daft going to Chelsea. He would probably have achived at least the same, or more than De Zebri has if he stuck around for another season or two.
Gasperini - He's in his late 60s now and has never played or managed outside of Italy. He'd struggle to command respect even if the players knew who he was.
Amorim - Seen his name mentioned a few times for top jobs. I can't remeber the last time I watched Sporting though so have no clue about him.
Zidane doesn't speak english. So, very slim chance of him going to England.

Didn't Brighton lost lots of key players after Potter left? Haven't De Zerbi done well with the limited squad?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Tuchel would be a boring wet fart appointment but also quite sensible. As others have said, it'll give the top brass time to get inside while an experienced head manages things for a bit. I'm choosing to be optimistic about it.

Saying that hasn't he completely flopped at Bayern? They only won the league last year by an absolute cnut's hair.
Tuchel would be a decent appointment imo.

Bayern haven't done great since he's been there but that's not necessarily been all his fault.

He could go into this summer with two Champions League titles behind him. There's clearly something there.

Cloud7

I would be quite happy with Tuchel. Between him, Potter and Southgate, which are the only names being mentioned (I don't put much stock in the Zidane rumors because they seem to pop up everytime we need a new manager, like a managerial Sneijder equivalent) he is streets ahead of the other two