Who replaces Ten Hag?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not a hope it's Southgate.
Tuchel is definitely on the shortlist.

I've heard Iraola.
I heard somebody quite convincing saying that we're looking at Iraola. Took it with a large pinch of salt at the time but I'm hearing more and more people say it.

I've also heard people saying that he's somebody that City should take a look at after Pep, based on his performance at Bournemouth, so he could be an interesting option. I've not seen enough other than against us, but was impressed.

AneRu

We are not getting reliable journos yet, but there's definitely a bit of smoke there.
It's worrying how this is refusing to die, it will be such a waste of time and more money.

sparx99

I assume he can't play like at Ajax because he doesn't have the right players in the Frankenstein squad. He's spent this season trying to bridge the gap and failed miserably. But does that prove he's a bad coach? Or just bad at getting coaching Harry Maguire to turn faster than an oil tanker? Can't really be done.
His Ajax team had less talent than we do. There is no excuse.

next_number_seven

I heard somebody quite convincing saying that we're looking at Iraola. Took it with a large pinch of salt at the time but I'm hearing more and more people say it.

I've also heard people saying that he's somebody that City should take a look at after Pep, based on his performance at Bournemouth, so he could be an interesting option. I've not seen enough other than against us, but was impressed.
It makes sense.

If Sir Jim asked you to come up with a shortlist of realistic, available candidates for next season, who would be on it?

Iraola would definitely.

He's somewhat PL proven.
ETH wasn't and I don't think he can get to grips with it.

sparx99

Because he's trying to transition to a new system without getting panned every game. Sure he could stick to pure deep sitting counter attack till he has the right players in but is that really such a good idea?
I'd rather we pushed the defence high and accept we'll occasionally concede to a ball in behind. The point of Onana is that he should be able to sweep high. Even the best high-line teams concede this way occasionally.

Obviously, with the injury crisis we have we should be sitting deep though.

sparx99

Just want to highlight Hoeneß again, Stuttgart are by now the most improved (season to season) team in Bundesliga history, ahead of Tuchel's first Dortmund season (compared to Klopp's final season). Leverkusen might still become second in that metric, but in that regard they will stay behind Stuttgart.
Surprised he isn't the one Bayern want given his uncle was on the Bayern board.

sparx99

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. We don't want a manager's main focus to be building our team, that's what we've tried repeatedly and it always leads to a crisis. Building the squad should be the primary focus for the upper hierarchy such as the DoF and technical director.

Our manager needs to first and foremost get us results. That doesn't have to be winning the title immediately but it does have to be, in the short term, achieving top four and showing progress on the pitch (being able to dominate lower sides, not rolling over to top sides, etc.). Of course the manager will be involved in the signing of players but assigning him with the primary task of "building the squad" will only blind people in the case of consistent poor results as we've seen with Ten Hag as the goalposts will always be shifting based on him not having his "preferred team" yet. If the manager isn't delivering us the results we need then we need to move on, wasting multiple seasons on another Ten Hag or Ole should no longer be acceptable.
I think that's what most mean by 'building the team'. It's not about signings. It's about creating a style of play which the players all buy into.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Oh lord please no. This is a nightmare, somebody wake me up :(

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It wont be souf gate- ineos too smart for that
Hope you’re right mate. The fans will turn their backs on them if they appoint him. I mean they do all this hard work in getting Wilcox, Ashworth and then appointing someone like him undoes this.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ratcliffe will just turn into another joke if he appoints Southgate. ‘He wants the best in class in every department’ if he thinks he’s the best then he’s got issues

hobbers

At least you can sort of tell it's bollocks right now because Santi Nobody says he's Ratcliffe's top pick. Obviously Ratcliffe wont be having any say in it.

binary bot
The manager could just be a pragmatic yes man for the next few years anyway with the amount of underlying work needs done away from the position.

Getting the right guy in would be a huge bonus, but isn’t crucial right now (assuming there’s good work going on in the background)

Revan

Assumptionman
Southgate makes no sense. Unless INEOS reads Caf and somehow read mine and @Skills insane posts about hiring and sacking a few managers within a few weeks just to break the **** of the manager. It is an insane idea though, shouldn't be tried at home, but that is the only way hiring Southgate makes sense. Right?

The-Mezzala

Can’t believe people believe these Twitter accounts. Southgate is coming nowhere near the club. Sir Jim will lose the fans instantly if he appoints him.

Cerberus

I think that's what most mean by 'building the team'. It's not about signings. It's about creating a style of play which the players all buy into.
That's fair, but my point was that results still have to be a primary focus. Otherwise we'll have people still saying "he needs time" when a cohesive style of play is still not clicking by the end of the first season. Building the squad behind the scenes, while ruthlessly enforcing standards with managers who aren't achieving Champions League qualification or regressing from season to season should be the way to go.

The Hacker

They’ll give him another year. There is nobody really who is the right candidate to come in at the moment. Make another rash managerial decision and it’s 5 steps backwards potentially. ineos will let the backroom staff settle, then let them lead it all. That’s why they have made these appointments. It’ll give them a season to sound out a replacement if they need to. This is on the basis next season isn’t as bad as this one!

Cerberus

Make another rash managerial decision and it’s 5 steps backwards potentially
Isn't the whole point of Ineos's backroom changes to make sure a bad manager can't be a single point of failure? If an underperforming manager is removed quickly and isn't in control of transfer policy then I don't see why it would be 5 steps backwards.

Zoo

They’ll give him another year. There is nobody really who is the right candidate to come in at the moment. Make another rash managerial decision and it’s 5 steps backwards potentially. ineos will let the backroom staff settle, then let them lead it all. That’s why they have made these appointments. It’ll give them a season to sound out a replacement if they need to. This is on the basis next season isn’t as bad as this one!
Nah his position is untenable. They’ll just put someone like Potter in.

Betson

The fact that there is so much consensus against Southgate here makes he think he could be a big success here ,anytime we have near unanimous agreement on a player or manger it is almost certainly a disaster signing for the club.

Revan

Assumptionman
The fact that there is so much consensus against Southgate here makes he think he could be a big success here ,anytime we have near unanimous agreement on a player or manger it is almost certainly a disaster signing for the club.
Shame how Mount didn't work out then. Cause there was as much consensus that we should not sign him.

bstb3

Oh lord please no. This is a nightmare, somebody wake me up :(
Careful what you wish for. It's the kind of nightmare where you think you have woken up, the birds are singing, your lovers arms are around you... Then you roll over and it turns out you've been playing little spoon to Moyes all these years.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Surprised he isn't the one Bayern want given his uncle was on the Bayern board.
He just extented his contract and made very clear that he intends to stay and play CL with Stuttgart. Very similar to Alonso actually (only that Alonso didn't extend his contract). There have been rumours about him, so you can add him to the list of managers who made clear they aren't available before Bayern could formally approach them.

Bwuk

Terzic anyone?

Dortmund only lost title on last day last season, and in this seasons CL final.

Telsim

If it's Southgate, it confirms INEOS are as clueless as the parasites. I will be checking out of the sport at the time this is announced.

Just... no.