Who should the caretaker manager be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Me neither, it's funny how a foreign player like Ole, Evans, Berbatov speak so highly of us and never talk shit about us on an interview or anything.
Are we 7? People like Neville and Scholes "talk shit" because they care about the club. Berbatov was on TV defending Lukaku's draught and Mourinho. I'd rather take a "shit talking scholes" who wanted the manager out back in October than yes men like Berbatov.

Gopher Brown

I honestly think we should give Jardim an audition...
Be nice to have Phelan and Muelensteen assist if we go for someone like Ole.
Then again, isn't Ole in a permanent job? Why would he leave to be a caretaker knowing he won't be getting the job permanently?
Molde’s season is over until March, could go back there in May, 2 month sabbatical. Not ideal. But now could also be a good time to move on, I.e. not mid-season.

It’s a massive job compared to what he has and if it goes well he won’t be short of offers.

BestCanton7

I love Ole like everyone else. Club legend. I'm just not sure this is the right move. Maybe one day he would be ready I just don't think he is right now. Managing United or any big club is a massive job and very few people can do it and be successful. I remember Rene Mulenstein making the analogy when Moyes came from Everton that "It was like going from a yacht to a cruise ship." No different in this situation. Top 4 is gone but the FA Cup is still there and the number one thing that has to be done now is to get back to playing proper football and getting the players confidence back which was obviously lacking under Jose. Blanc should be the choice out of the names mentioned but if it is Ole then I wish him well and will support him.

Danillaco

Jardim still has quite a bit to prove. Monaco is the biggest club he's been at, and obviously he had that one brilliant season and another few good seasons but it did end in tears this season. He hasn't had any hard links to any other top club (he was supposedly about to sign for a club in Saudi Arabia before pulling the pin a week ago).

It's also important to remember we aren't talking just a couple of weeks or a month until the end of the season. There's over half a season left and we're still in the CL, FA Cup and (although it'll be difficult) in the running for top four to get CL again next season. That's quite a lot of prestige for him and will help him out in the future (whether with us ourselves or with other top clubs) if he came here and did well.
He has done great things even before Monaco, surely leaving a mark at Braga, Olympiakos (remeber when they stunned Arsenal at CL?), and Sporting before making the jump to a depleted Monaco.

Way more proven than Ole, and maybe a better name than Blanc since the frenchman doesn't coach since 2016.

ash_86

Ole as interim cannot be bad right? I mean we're at rock bottom. Any sign of improvement is appreciated.

el3mel

Ole + Phelan will do a pretty good job stabilizing the place for rest of season. Surelywe shouldn't expect much more than that. At this time we get our Dof and see which permanent manager we will like. We have all the time in the world to choos properly this time, no panic decisions anymore.

RedNed77

I love ole, but I think I’m going to love him less by the time May comes around :(. I’m not a fan of this decision at all, but I still think it’s better than leaving Jose in charge

Marooned

Let's get someone who will make players play motivating, beautiful, colourful football regardless of results for a start.

Jibbs

Ideally if we could convince Jardim for the role with chance of making the deal permanent if he finishes top 4 and wins any trophy.

I also really like the idea of making Wenger in charge for 6 months and then offering him the role of technical director to support Zidane as permanent manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well then. Weird one.

I guess that means it’s definitely a caretaker, interim manager, and not one who could get the role on a permanent at the cost of targeting someone better.

johanovic

Ole+Phelan+Carrick+McKenna would be good for us now. Getting in a top DOF is also very important step and I like Mitchell as that option.

edgar allan

I want Wenger if we can't get our first choice in mid-season...why ?

1) He is French (Martial and Pogba would probably be happy)
2) He always gets his teams to C.L - but never win trophies. I ll gladly take that now
3) He seems to be genuinely loved by his players
4) He always gets his teams to play attacking football

Ok - I am not 100% serious - but it might not be a bad idea
Yes, we really need another failing manager with his best days long past into the club!!!

AndyJ1985

What's the issue with Solskjaer as caretaker? It's only for 6 months and then we bring in someone else. At least he isn't a defensive manager and he's not a bellend who will alienate the players

Hawks2008

Seems like an odd choice considering his time at Cardiff , but I suppose it's only for 6 months.

iHicksy

Not being funny, but Ole reeks of Ferguson being involved heavily. I love the guy (Well both of them actually) but I don't think he's the right choice.

Lemansky

Ole would be a really smart and educated choice from Woodward. Get in Phelan also and you have a good team to steady the ship and it will be no doubt that the gig is only temporary.

Our players will love working for Ole. We will see pretty fast changes in moral and results. Everything Ole does is out of the Fergie textbook and he know the club very well.

ErranMorad

Ole as interim cannot be bad right? I mean we're at rock bottom. Any sign of improvement is appreciated.
He had a horrendous spell with Cardiff. And after that retreated back to familiar ground, where I have no idea how he is doing. It's a big gamble, if true. Bit of an unknown quantity. Usually caretaker or interim managers have a lot of top level experience behind them. My personal choice would be Wenger if he is willing to take the job. He knows the league, wants to play football on the front foot and may be able to get the best out of our talented French speakers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We have a potential CL match and a late push for top 4. Just hope we make some sensible appointments and not emotional ones

Bojan11

Not being funny, but Ole reeks of Ferguson being involved heavily. I love the guy (Well both of them actually) but I don't think he's the right choice.
It’s for 6 months.

It’s a gamble worth taking even though I would have gone for Blanc.

The club needs a fresh face and likeable face. Nobody in that dressing room could hate Pogba. The fans will be behind him. He comes across well in the media and I doubt he’d push players under the bus.

SharpshooterTom

What's wrong with someone like Eddie Howe? He'd be far cheaper than some of the other options and he'd likely be better than Solskjaer who failed at Cardiff.

Suv666

Twitter seems to be convinced its Ole.
Least we can bring back some old tunes :devil:
This could either way really but surely cant be worse than Mou.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He had a horrendous spell with Cardiff. And after that retreated back to familiar ground, where I have no idea how he is doing. It's a big gamble, if true. Bit of an unknown quantity. Usually caretaker or interim managers have a lot of top level experience behind them. My personal choice would be Wenger if he is willing to take the job. He knows the league, wants to play football on the front foot and may be able to get the best out of our talented French speakers.
Cardiff was a poisoned place. Why do you think they had to dig to the norwegian league to get a manager? No one else was accepting.

Suv666

What's wrong with someone like Eddie Howe? He'd be far cheaper than some of the other options and he'd likely be better than Solskjaer who failed at Cardiff.
Solskjaer is just the caretaker. We'll go for Poch in the summer

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would Howe leave Bournemouth for a 6 month contract?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Howe has been at Bournemouth for 6 years (9 if you include his first stint). He's not walking away from that for a temporary caretaker role.

Sentient Meat

People forget that we aren't that far from relegation.

I'd put Wenger in to secure top 4... or hire Zidane outright if we are keeping Pogba and Martial

Can't screw around with nostalgic favorites... though I admit with the talent it's unlikely a farm animal as manager could get us relegated.

Dazzmondo

With Ole in charge don't see us winning against any of the big teams. Shouldn't matter against smaller teams since our attackers are still talented. He'll pretty much tell them to go out and play with freedom. Any time I've watched his teams play they don't seem to have any sort of proper tactic

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The Cardiff job was poisoned. He came in mid-season after they'd blown their promotion budget on dross, with the club imploding due to the issues between McKay and the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.