Who was worse - Rangnick or Ole?

Who was worse - Ragnick or Ole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I like Ralf but the coaching was terrible. So voted him.

Obviously some or most of the players didn't help but I thought he could have done better coaching wise.

Amarsdd

Everyone here saying Ole assembled the squad, so he's worst. But if and when ETH makes us playing much better than Ralf with majority of the squad still playing, then will you guys reconsider that opinion? Just curious cause when Ole was here everyone was saying we'd be doing much better with this squad with a better manager and now Ralf has done worst than Ole, everyone seems to have changed their tune.
Quoting myself for visibility cause I really want to hear those opinions. Why did your opinion change like that and what will their opinion be when the aforementioned condition occurs? (By everyone, I don't mean individuals, I mean the collective majority opinions at those times)

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
All Ralf did was air out the dirty laundry in public. He was just completely out of his depth trying to manage the dressing room with so many egos and his public comments didn't help at all.

It doesn't matter if you're the world's greatest tactician if no-one listens to you or takes you seriously.
Its the players fault for not listening. They have signed a contract, they have to fecking follow what the manager asks them to do on the field.

Ole coddled them and they downed tools, Rangnick called them out and they still downed tools.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve said Ole because this was his team and had us in relegation form.

RR has been absolutely pathetic though. I’ve never known a United team to create and score so few goals.

edgecutter

This team is ole's team.
This team was coached by ole for 3 seasons.
Ole spent hundreds of millions on this team.
Rangnick inherited ole's team mid season.
Rangnick inherited an uncoached, disjointed team with cliques.
Rangnick was not backed in the transfer window.
Rangnick also had greenwood being sent to jail and cavani injured with only a 37 yr old ronaldo as our forward
But somehow rangnick is more at fault than ole ? Feck off!
This

Anyone that thinks it's all on ralf needs to get their head out of the sand. Ole made a mess and he left with 20 million in his pocket.

El Jefe

Rangnick and its not close. I will remember his time as a complete failure with not a single positive. Ole was out of his depth for most of his time here but we had many good moments under him.

Denis79

If you take away the last 4 matches for Ole he has been our best manager since SAF. Understand, he had to go because it was obvious he lost the the players this season. However, Ole at least had the players for a couple of years, I don't think RR ever earned respect from the players and it showed.

Given RR abysmal record I don't see how he can be an effective consultant. Who in the organisation would want to listen someone who was a complete failure as a manager?

Really, hiring RR is just another poor decision by the MU leadership along with all the other poor decisions in the past 10+ years. I'll go into the season with hope with the new manager, but it will be tempered in reality.
How, why?

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
This team is ole's team.
Rangnick also had greenwood being sent to jail and cavani injured with only a 37 yr old ronaldo as our forward
Well said.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Caf uses Essien's calculator
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ole has taken the lead now. This poll might turn out more interesting than our game today and might give the city turnaround a run for their money

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Don't do this to yourselves. Ugly thread. Just close the chapter.

Teja

Its the players fault for not listening. They have signed a contract, they have to fecking follow what the manager asks them to do on the field.

Ole coddled them and they downed tools, Rangnick called them out and they still downed tools.
I still place the blame on the manager. The most important part of the job is to coax, cajole, threaten or do whatever it takes to establish authority in the dressing room. Rangnick was completely incapable of that. In fact he made it worse for himself because of his public comments.

Ole did just fine in that regard for two years - man management only started being a problem this season after we got smashed by Pool.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rangnick and its not close. I will remember his time as a complete failure with not a single positive. Ole was out of his depth for most of his time here but we had many good moments under him.
You will see rangnicks positive next season when the squad is gutted inside out.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Many here are basically saying no manager could have taken over from Ole and produced a good outcome. A good manager can change the attitude, effort, outlook and play in a couple of weeks. Any decent team usually has a new manager-bounce for at least a few weeks. RR did nothing to improve us and we are better than a decent team compared to others.

mu4c_20le

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ole has taken the lead now. This poll might turn out more interesting than our game today and might give the city turnaround a run for their money
Your obsession with Ole is bordering on unhealthy

Denis79

You do realise that every single player under Ragnick was Ole's right? Ragnick didn't spend half a billion pounds.

dove

Definitely Ole. He is the one who set us back for years with his shite transfers and cultural reboot nonsense. Rangnick just continued what Ole started.

Giggzy P

Ole is responsible for this shit, ralf was hired because ole was shite, it didn't work, how can we compare a guy that spent close to half a milion ponds, to an interim mangaer who has spent zero?
Ole was the worst thing that happened post fergie

Ted Lasso

This team is ole's team.
This needs to be quoted and posted on every page. Absolutely rubbish thread/comparison. Incredibly short sighted. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to start seeing a thread comparing Murtogh to Woodward and how bad the former has been so far compared to Woody boy.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I still place the blame on the manager. The most important part of the job is to coax, cajole, threaten or do whatever it takes to establish authority in the dressing room. Rangnick was completely incapable of that. In fact he made it worse for himself because of his public comments.

Ole did just fine in that regard for two years - man management only started being a problem this season after we got smashed by Pool.
We've had this problem for years now, player power has reigned supreme since jose was here. Every time the board has backed the players. Jose was a taskmaster and players downed tools, in came ole and he tried to be their mates but eventually the players threw him under the bus aswell. Then came rangnick who called it as he saw it and he was also thrown under the bus. As an interim the players knew he never actually had any power except to bench them for 6 months, what's worse is that they became more toxic when he benched them instead of fighting for their spot in the starting xi.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I share your sentiment. Recency bias, our fans need to remember what happened in the first half of the season
No one is forgetting that (though a correction RR took over before the halfway point so RR actually shares blame with part of the first half as well)

What RR's disciples are forgetting though how Ole's interim period compared with RR's and what Ole managed to achieve the 2 years prior to this season all while having his glaringly obvious limitations

El Jefe

You will see rangnicks positive next season when the squad is gutted inside out.
Wtf does that have to do with the fraud? The players leaving this summer were always going to leave except maybe AWB.

Ralf cannot take a single bit of credit for any success EtH has next year, especially if he gets us playing a coherent style of football with many of the players that have been labelled as shite this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wtf does that have to do with the fraud? The players leaving this summer were always going to leave except maybe AWB.

Ralf cannot take a single bit of credit for any success EtH has next year, especially if he gets us playing a coherent style of football with many of the players that have been labelled as shite this season.
This is it isn't it, whatever good ETH does these idiots will credit RR

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Anybody who says Ole is worse just be trolling. :lol:

When he took over from Mourinho as interim, it wasn't his squad either but he still managed to go on a 15 game unbeaten run which is why the board gave him the job permanently. So these lame excuses about it not being Wreck-It's team just ain't cutting it. And Ole also has quite a few records under his belt. Some negative ones too but not as many as Wreck-It.

But the fecker's gone for good now so it's just onwards and upwards. I just hope the fraud is clearing out his desk as we speak.

acnumber9

Solskjaer would’ve turned it round a little but he needed to go. Rangnick has made a bad situation worse when it was still salvageable.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No one is forgetting that (though a correction RR took over before the halfway point so RR actually shares blame with part of the first half as well)

What RR's disciples are forgetting though how Ole's interim period compared with RR's and what Ole managed to achieve the 2 years prior to this season all while having his glaringly obvious limitations
Still, to say he is more responsible than Ole when he brought no players, is fecking crazy to le

Dante

Average bang
ManagerGamesWinsDrawsLossesGoals ForGoals AgainstWin Ratio
Alex Ferguson
1,500​
895​
338​
267​
2,769​
1,365​
59.67​
David Moyes
51​
27​
9​
15​
86​
54​
52.94​
Louis van Gaal
103​
54​
25​
24​
158​
98​
52.43​
José Mourinho
144​
84​
32​
28​
244​
121​
58.33​
Ole Gunnar Solskjær
168​
91​
37​
40​
323​
165​
54.17​
Ralf Rangnick
29​
11​
10​
8​
37​
37​
37.93​

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Just have a look at ddg's comments to see how toxic the dressing is.
Proud of him for having the guts to tell it how it is.
I just wonder whether there are 1 or 2 ringleaders, or whatever it is more widespread.

Idxomer

This season? Ole. It's not even close.

Ole
12 matches
5 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses = average of 1.42 points per game.
18 scored, 21 conceded.

Rangnick
24 matches
10 wins, 7 draws, 7 losses = average of 1.54 points per game.
33 scored, 33 conceded.

All while this was the team that Ole has built and trained over the last three years. Rangnick had a terrible last two months of the season, but before that he'd helped get us back into a decent position. He's also had to deal with a far worse injury crisis than Ole had. I realised during this match that of the five attackers that at the start of the season we would have expected to play most of the games, for one reason or another none of them were available for this match (or most of the last month or so). Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial. Add Cavani also barely being fit in the second half of the season, Pogba being out, Fred being injured for a while, Shaw missing almost the entire second half of the season, Maguire, Lindelof and especially Varane all picking up injuries and constantly being in and out of the team. He's had a shit squad of players with an obviously broken dressing room, then had huge portions of the players out on top of that.

Ole had a relatively clean bill of health, with a team of players that he largely built and trained over the last three years. Yet he still managed to do worse.
Can always count on you speaking some sense, good post.

Mainoldo

Ole is bad. But man.

Whether the players play for you or not. Part of your job is getting players on your side. He’s a poor manager.

Goes down with Darmian on Caf recommendations. Let’s hope we are right about ETH.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
All Ralf did was air out the dirty laundry in public. He was just completely out of his depth trying to manage the dressing room with so many egos and his public comments didn't help at all.

It doesn't matter if you're the world's greatest tactician if no-one listens to you or takes you seriously.
Why do you think that no one took him seriously?