Who will be next Chelsea manager? | Allegri next in line?

TheReligion

Abusive
From his comments today, and the ongoing issues with the board, Conte is off home pretty soon.

Who do Chelsea bring in next to their managerial merry go round?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Interesting.

Chelsea should do everything to make sure he stays. He's been brilliant since he joined. Even this season all that noise about the discord and they still look a very good side.

Tuchel? What about Monaco coach who took them to the CL semis?

BenjaminP

If he leaves during the season (doubtful, I can see him being there a while) then Hiddink as interim again.
I read somewhere that Hiddink wants to go back to manage South Korea.
But in fact, South Korea refused him to come back. :confused:

Scarlet Spider

I would say Zinedine Zidane is probably only going to do a year or two more at Madrid, his next move will be interesting.

El Zoido

What did Conte say?
Nothing much, just did an interview with Italian radio where he said Italy is his home so he’ll come back to work in Italy one day. Also said that the job of a coach is a “temporary job”, which is correct. Nothing about his comments suggested he’s leaving any time soon, reckon he’ll do another couple of years at least if things go well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nothing much, just did an interview with Italian radio where he said Italy is his home so he’ll come back to work in Italy one day. Also said that the job of a coach is a “temporary job”, which is correct. Nothing about his comments suggested he’s leaving any time soon, reckon he’ll do another couple of years at least if things go well.
His quote was "there's not a doubt in my mind I'll be home before long"

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Rafa. In all seriousness though, it feels like the top bosses bar Pep Guardiola have been to Chelsea. Zidane in a few years might be a possibility but he might prefer managing Juventus or the French national team next.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
They'll probably go after Simeone, failing that I would expect them to go after the likes of Allegri or Jardim.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His quote was "there's not a doubt in my mind I'll be home before long"
Cheers.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Think you're making too much of these comments. Just the sort of thing that you say to be polite when you're being interviewed by someone from your homeland. I'm sure that Jose would say something similar if Portuguese Radio interviewed him

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Think you're making too much of these comments. Just the sort of thing that you say to be polite when you're being interviewed by someone from your homeland. I'm sure that Jose would say something similar if Portuguese Radio interviewed him
Definitely, he will most likely be here this season (obviously ) and next season. After that will most likely be the time for evaluation on happiness.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Rumors in Turin are he likes PL from football perspective but is also becoming disillusioned both with Chelsea board and the prospect of moving his family into a Brexiting UK. EDIT: I would add that 7m pounds / year are peanuts in London but a fortune in Turin or Milan.

ParkLife

I'd be shocked to see Ancelotti back at Chelsea. Wasn't he sacked ignominiously in the staircase last time?

I've always felt that Simeone was likely to manage them one day. He could even bring the other Diego back with him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Interesting.

Chelsea should do everything to make sure he stays. He's been brilliant since he joined. Even this season all that noise about the discord and they still look a very good side.

Tuchel? What about Monaco coach who took them to the CL semis?
Jardim is very likely. I doubt they'll go after Tuchel.

InfiniteBoredom

This.

Although, from what I read he doesn't explicitly say when he'll leave, so all of this may be premature.

That said I thought Ancelloti did a good job there and was unlucky to get the sack.
Ancelotti got Shevchenko'ed with the Torres buy.

Abrahamovich was desperate for the CL back then though, so after Carlo failed 2 years running to come anywhere near it he was booted. His CL credentials got him the job in the first place.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jardim would be a great move.
Doesn't cause problems and does his job.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't read too much into his comments tbh he's Italian so of course he would like to go back to Italy eventually

Most top managers nowadays don't have a long shelf life these days. I'd be very surprised if the likes of Mourinho, Pep and Conte are still at the same teams in 5 years time

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Simeone to Chelsea...and Conte goes to Atletico, right when Diego Costa joins.

AdnanRED

Hopefully AVB, in all seriousness maybe the Napoli coach and wouldn't be shocked if they also went for Poch.