g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who will be United's big signing this summer?

WelshManc

I think we've gotta do all we can to sign Sergej from Lazio, the guy looks a beast and only 22 too, place him next to his midfield compatriot and move Pogba forward.

L1nk

I hope the "big" signing is going to be Pulisic, i have a good feeling that if we are going for Jorginho instead of Weigl it might be because we are interested in Pulisic instead and we won't be taking 2 of Dortmund's players.

Silas

I hope the "big" signing is going to be Pulisic, i have a good feeling that if we are going for Jorginho instead of Weigl it might be because we are interested in Pulisic instead and we won't be taking 2 of Dortmund's players.
Depends on if he's happy to be backup to Sanchez for a year or two. I'd like to see him here; it's always nice to have players that are fans of the club. Not sure what it would mean for Rashford though.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Ji-Sung Park Type Player : Someone who turns up in big games, can provide the extra spark in the attack and provides the edge in those types of games.
Honestly don't think there's anyone who fits this description better than Lingard. No point in buying just to buy.
High work rate and scores in big games.

Cliche Guevara

Depends on if he's happy to be backup to Sanchez for a year or two. I'd like to see him here; it's always nice to have players that are fans of the club. Not sure what it would mean for Rashford though.
Doesn’t he predominantly play on the right?

Silas

Doesn’t he predominantly play on the right?
Yeah, he does, but really, Rashford's only way into the first team is by playing on the right as Martial's seemingly cemented the left wing and Lukaku won't be leaving any time soon.

Another consideration is our youth player, Tahith Chong, who could eventually play on the right. Pulisic could block his pathway into the first team due to his age.

L1nk

I would say if Ibra and Mata went then we should go for an attacker like Pulisic, Pulisic would essentially be replacing Mata but as a more orthodox winger, and Rashford has got plenty of game time with Mata in the squad. Otherwise it would be hard to bring in an attacker because we are stacked I agree.

Andersons Dietician

I read either a tweet on here or in a paper that Bayern will be open to offers for Thiago Alcantara in the summer. I haven’t watched Bayern this year but if he can still play anything like he used to then he’d be my main target. However I’d imagine Pep if he was available would like him there.

We do need midfield options but really I’d sell a Kidney to get Dybala here although I really only think we need a RB and CM, maybe 2 of those.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maybe our scouts have already identified the next batch of potential top class talent in Chong, Traore, O'Connor and Puigmal..
I'm not talking about academy kids, but I would love to see them given their shot. I'm talking about a good young signing who can play in the first team now and make their name at United like the way Ronaldo did. The way we are doing things now we won't even have another big name from our club other than players we buy. I don't want to see ready made players. Too much money and too much pressure to play them which gets in the way of the players you mentioned to get their shot. Forget about the Griezmann's of this world. Let's either promote from within (as you're suggesting) or look for players nobody has heard of. Let's find an N'Golo Kante or Mahrez. They're out there. Our scouts just have to stop playing fantasy football...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not talking about academy kids, but I would love to see them given their shot. I'm talking about a good young signing who can play in the first team now and make their name at United like the way Ronaldo did. The way we are doing things now we won't even have another big name from our club other than players we buy. I don't want to see ready made players. Too much money and too much pressure to play them which gets in the way of the players you mentioned to get their shot. Forget about the Griezmann's of this world. Let's either promote from within (as you're suggesting) or look for players nobody has heard of. Let's find an N'Golo Kante or Mahrez. They're out there. Our scouts just have to stop playing fantasy football...
I wouldn't say our scouts are not doing their jobs. It's the manager and the rest of our coaches who make decisions on incomings. Our scouts probably had a full dossier on Mahrez, Kante etc. But Mr Moyes and Mr Van Gaal probably had other targets in mind.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I wouldn't say our scouts are not doing their jobs. It's the manager and the rest of our coaches who make decisions on incomings. Our scouts probably had a full dossier on Mahrez, Kante etc. But Mr Moyes and Mr Van Gaal probably had other targets in mind.
Then how do I get a job as a scout at United. I can easily skip looking for diamonds in the rough and come back with Griezmann and Dybala. Hell, I'll even through in a Messi and Neymar if that's the kind of club we have become...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Then how do I get a job as a scout at United. I can easily skip looking for diamonds in the rough and come back with Griezmann and Dybala. Hell, I'll even through in a Messi and Neymar if that's the kind of club we have become...
Our scouts have identified many diamonds in the rough over the years. Solkjaer, Ronny Johnsen, Giggs etc in the past. Right now we have Tahith Chong who I believe will be in the first team before long. Our scouts are amongst the best in the world and have a track record of excelling in their field hence being employed by one of the worlds elite clubs.

zenith

A right back is certainly a priority area to address in the summer, along with maybe a CM. Don't think we'll be going crazy spending wise and might be looking to rationalize, given the free spending in the past three years or so.

TheRedHearted

Why not Sanchez on the left and pulisic on the right?

TheRedHearted

Why not Sanchez on the left and pulisic on the right?

meamth

Do we need more wingers now after Sanchez is here?

Weigl will be the big summer signing to replace Carrick. I'm confident about it.

As for the left back or right back, get someone who is established and at the prime age of 27-29 just to rotate with Shaw. Shaw is the 1st choice and the new signing will rotate with him or Valencia/Young.

P.S: Sell Darmian

beingshe7don

We still need a RW and a CM for the summer. We've been surrounded with speculation regarding Dybala, Griezmann and so on. However, I was just thinking about Mbappe whose on loan at PSG. I know that PSG have an option to buy him once the loan ends. Is it possible to hijack deal and get him to OT. He's tearing it up as a RW for PSG. With him on the RW and Martial on LW, they would both tear it up for United and France. The person to inherit the No. 10 jersey we've been waiting for. What do you guys think? It most probably not going to happen but is it a possibility?

meamth

That's because Sanchez is not a RW and we need a proper world class RW instead of depending on Lingard and Mata who are at best bench players.
We have yet to see Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez in the same team. Another right winger would mean Mata has to leave, Rashford getting fewer minutes.

I love the guy, Mata, wouldn't want him to leave until he is 32 at least.

I don't see the point of another winger.

beingshe7don

We have yet to see Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez in the same team. Another right winger would mean Mata has to leave, Rashford getting fewer minutes.

Mata is a good player to have in the team but we can't have him in our first 11. He's just not good enough. Maybe minutes off the bench would be fine. As for Rashford, he'll feature only on the left, he hasn't done well on the right as he likes to cut in and shoot. Sanchez will most likely play on the left or centrally behind Lukaku. I would like for him to feature on the right but I highly doubt Mourinho will use him there. I do see the need for a proper RW and not just a make weigh option.

Womp

idiot
We still need a RW and a CM for the summer. We've been surrounded with speculation regarding Dybala, Griezmann and so on. However, I was just thinking about Mbappe whose on loan at PSG. I know that PSG have an option to buy him once the loan ends. Is it possible to hijack deal and get him to OT. He's tearing it up as a RW for PSG. With him on the RW and Martial on LW, they would both tear it up for United and France. The person to inherit the No. 10 jersey we've been waiting for. What do you guys think? It most probably not going to happen but is it a possibility?
There isn't the slightest possibility in any universe. Even if by some fecking miracle PSG would be open to selling, it'd cost an absolute fortune and even then, I don't see Mbappe wanting to leave to join us.

Icemav

I think Dybala as a Mata repalcement would be incredible. The interplay between him, Sanchez and Pogba should elevate us substantially and possibly back to near the top of European football. Also grabbing Mahrez would be a good investment but we pergaps should be happy with the development of Rash, Martial and Lingaard. The signing of Jorginho or Veratti then looks like it completes the puzzle in the near term. We would be stock full of quality in key midfield and forward positions.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dybala would be dream signing but attack martial-dybala-sanchez- lukaku with pogba behind them would work only in football manager.
Mourinho likes on no10 position player who is more midfielder and plays defence, especially in this situation when we have 3 strikers in first 11( lukaku , martial, sanchez).
So i don't think that our big signing will be attacker. It will be midfielder. Maybe veratti? Kroos? That will allow us to play 433 with pogba roaming around.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Reports of City signing Hazard. If there's any chance of him being sold, we should pay whatever it takes. Imagine:

--------------DDG
Valencia--Bailly--Jones--Shaw*
---------Matic--Pogba
--Sanchez--Hazard--Martial
------------Lukaku

That trio of Hazard, Sanchez and Martial could all interchange freely. Lingard, Rashford, Mata in reserve.

*his fitness has improved, if he stays injury free next season could be his year. Then just pick up a midfielder like Weigl or Tielemans to compete with Matic. Let one of Fellaini/Herrera go, unless it's plausible to keep both.

Icemav

Dybala would be dream signing but attack martial-dybala-sanchez- lukaku with pogba behind them would work only in football manager.
Mourinho likes on no10 position player who is more midfielder and plays defence, especially in this situation when we have 3 strikers in first 11( lukaku , martial, sanchez).
So i don't think that our big signing will be attacker. It will be midfielder. Maybe veratti? Kroos? That will allow us to play 433 with pogba roaming around.
I am definitely no expert on formations. But we already have Mata playing and Dybala would be a straight swap in a pseudo right wing role. Or you could play a three man with Dybala at AM but I think that only works if we bring in Mahrez for RW - though Jesse could do a job.

Tbh its really hard this because if you base it off a 4-3-3 the simplest thing is to go buy Veratti and Mahrez, not that buying Veratti is simple. But you make a very good point.

Sanchez - Lukaku - Mahrez

--------------- Pogba -----------------

--------Matic-------------Veratti------

That looks a properly set up team that would do loads of damage.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Looks like half the Caf members want to get rid of Martial, just so we can buy someone.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I don’t mind if Sanchez is the only “big name” to come in for a while so long as we still make some good moves in the Summer.

The De Gea situation is interesting – If he goes to Madrid then we have to get at least one player in return. And not Keylor Navas. The most likely target would be Bale who I think we should avoid like the plague but I’d be all over their CM’s. A guy like Kovacic would be ideal.

Icemav

Looking through the thread, including your post, makes me think that's how many of you want it.
Definitely do not want to get rid of one of the best young attackers in world football. If we dont most likely sign Mahrez then he probably gets a spot on the left wing and Sanchez gets shifted to the right. Otherwise he would be a backup to Sanchez rotating in many times during the season. He would also be a back up striker to Lukaku.

Rashford and Jesse are the players who get their minutes cut down a bit. But quite frankly if Sheringham and Solksjaer have been backups for our great club then I dont see a any logical problem whatsoever. That is what great teams are about. Jesse would be fine and 20yo Rashford should also have few rational complaints. Alternatively they could always go start games for West Ham if they prefer and forget about winning prems and playing in the Champions League.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That's because Sanchez is not a RW and we need a proper world class RW instead of depending on Lingard and Mata who are at best bench players.
Actually Sanchez started his career as a right winger. He can play anywhere along the front line and in the #10. It will be interesting to see how we line up against Tottenham. I hope that Sanchez didn't come to United at the expense of Martial...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
4-4-2 diamond

-------------------------De Gea-------------------------
Valencia--------Jones-----------Bailley----------Young
--------------------------Matic--------------------------
-------------Fellaini---------------Pogba---------------
-------------------------Sanchez-----------------------
--------------Lukaku------------Martial----------------

Subs: Romero, Smalling, Shaw, Lingard, Rashford, Herrara, Mata

GM K

I really think we should focus on our midfield while we improve Rashford and Lingard.

If we develop a formidable midfield that can control games and supply assists and goals, it will make up for any deficiencies we might have in our attack. But an attack with Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford and Lingard firing, would have few deficiencies.

Icemav

4-4-2 diamond

Hey that looks pretty good. Very solid.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As I have said before, hopefully they think sensibly about this and go for the right players. Not get into a my dick is bigger than yours competition and go for the one last payday, use United to plug their merchandise, shirt seller.

patty123

4-4-2 diamond

So you think the team will look the same after the summer ? Anyway, still think Fellaini as well as Carrick will be gone and think we will need to replace those 2 with a star name and someone from within if we keep Herrera too, also a RB and RW.

As for names, with this being world cup year, I wont state one due to the fact someone could pop he takes a fancy to that we never even thought of.