g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who will be United's big signing this summer?

Cliche Guevara

Wow, so many people here wishing for us to sign so many players, do people not wish to see Mensah, Tuzanbe, McTominay, Gomes, and Rashford get more games with us next season??

It is as if people are very happy to never see them develop, and just wish to see as many signings made as possible, which is just a very poor mindset to have.
No

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Sorry, which part of my post are you saying no to, the bit about wishing to see the younger players get more games??

If so, that is bang out of order, as we are a club that should be playing them more, that is what separates us from the rest of the clubs, we have a great history and tradition of doing so, and we should be very proud of that, and we should want it to continue, not come to a crashing halt just because there is a shiny new player out there.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Wilshere (free)
Vidal (free)
Fabinho £60million
Sessegnon £40million
Bale £100million

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
LB: Ryan Sessegnon. Why? Because he might turn into a fantastic winger, a la Bale. Cheap and worth a punt. Rotate with Shaw and we can see how he develops. Combined with Young this is fine for LB.

Cost: £25m

RB: TFM to rotate with Tony V and Young.

Cost: £0

CM: Very tough due to decisions on how we are actually going to play i.e. with a "regista" or not. If not then someone like Romelu from Southampton, another hard working midfielder to rotate / play alongside Matic. Or in the 3 to enable Pogba freedom.

If we want to play with a Regista type, deep lying playmaker, then Weigl from Dortmund or Kroos if he fancies the PL.

Cost: £15m - £65m

Other:

Ozil on a free is a no brainer. If he's happy for rotation then he can played in a 3 in midfield, a 10 or on the right of a 4231.

Bale potentially but would really stunt the progress of Rashford and Martial. Would be hilarious seeing him, Sanchez, Lukaku in a 433 though...

I'm open to hear why I'm wrong....:nervous:

Suv666

The way we have been operating for the last few windows, I'd be very suprised if we didnt sign a marquee player.
I still think our attack isnt good enough and we need a proper CAM, Dybala would be the obvious choice but cant see that happening, Ozil would be a decent alternative although after losing Sanchez I reckon Arsenal would do everything to try and tie down Ozil for a few more years, if he moves we look like the most likely destination.
If we go 4-3-3 and push Pogba a bit foward to get the best out of him I'd love Thiago, there have been some mumblings about him moving, would absouletely love him here. A midfield trio of Pogba-Matic-Thiago would be one of the best in world football. Saul would be a good alternative.
And I know I would be slaughtered for saying this but me thinks we should cut our losses and get rid of Lukaku. He simply isnt good enough and if it wasnt for his price tag he would probably be on the bench right now. You cant compete with the likes of Bayern, Barca with the the likes of Lukaku in your squad and thats the level we should be aspiring to be. He has had a stinker in almost every big game this season. With Sanchez coming in he might get better service and improve and I really hope he does but thats highly unlikely. His awful first touch and poor link up play aren't magically going to improve overnight. The days of physically imposing but technically lacking strikers are gone, the game has moved on, we need a technical striker who is good with the ball at his feet and not just a targetman. I'm sure though we would stick with him for the time being and he will hold us back and will eventually be sold but not before costing us a season or two.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Maybe we could sign Alexis's dogs? Should be a pretty easy deal to make.

Cliche Guevara

Sorry, which part of my post are you saying no to, the bit about wishing to see the younger players get more games??

If so, that is bang out of order, as we are a club that should be playing them more, that is what separates us from the rest of the clubs, we have a great history and tradition of doing so, and we should be very proud of that, and we should want it to continue, not come to a crashing halt just because there is a shiny new player out there.
What a rather annoying post.

AndyJ1985

Nothing separates us from other clubs; our aim is to be the best and win trophies like everyone else.

I'm bored of the self righteous attitude some United fans have towards United and youth. The class of 92 seems to have created a myth that historically we've filled the team with youth players. We never have. We've gradually eased talented youngsters into the team alongside senior players. If they are good enough they'll become first teamers. This opinion that keeps cropping up that we should refrain from buying world class players and instead take 17 and 18 year olds and just shove them straight in to the first team is absurd.

We should be looking to buy world class players to fill weak positions and use any talented youth players in the squad where appropriate. If they are good enough they will get more time and eventually displace the senior players as they decline.

Cliche Guevara

Nothing separates us from other clubs; our aim is to be the best and win trophies like everyone else.

I'm bored of the self righteous attitude some United fans have towards United and youth. The class of 92 seems to have created a myth that historically we've filled the team with youth players. We never have. We've gradually eased talented youngsters into the team alongside senior players. If they are good enough they'll become first teamers. This opinion that keeps cropping up that we should refrain from buying world class players and instead take 17 and 18 year olds and just shove them straight in to the first team is absurd.

We should be looking to buy world class players to fill weak positions and use any talented youth players in the squad where appropriate. If they are good enough they will get more time and eventually displace the senior players as they decline.
Exactly. I haven’t read such a pompous misguided post in a while.

Outrageous arrogance.

James Peril

LB: Ryan Sessegnon. Why? Because he might turn into a fantastic winger, a la Bale. Cheap and worth a punt. Rotate with Shaw and we can see how he develops. Combined with Young this is fine for LB.

Cost: £25m

RB: TFM to rotate with Tony V and Young.

Cost: £0

CM: Very tough due to decisions on how we are actually going to play i.e. with a "regista" or not. If not then someone like Romelu from Southampton, another hard working midfielder to rotate / play alongside Matic. Or in the 3 to enable Pogba freedom.

If we want to play with a Regista type, deep lying playmaker, then Weigl from Dortmund or Kroos if he fancies the PL.

Cost: £15m - £65m

Other:

Ozil on a free is a no brainer. If he's happy for rotation then he can played in a 3 in midfield, a 10 or on the right of a 4231.

Bale potentially but would really stunt the progress of Rashford and Martial. Would be hilarious seeing him, Sanchez, Lukaku in a 433 though...

I'm open to hear why I'm wrong....:nervous:
Kroos... and for 65M? One of the best players in the world, for the biggest club in the world... in his absolute prime age (just turned 28) - why would they sell him and for so «little» :)

Trizy

Ready made elite level RB and CM. World class potential or marquee RW. Can't think of any available. Dembele is the dream for RW but that clearly won't be happening.

davidmichael

You say that Shaw could get injured again at any time, but isn't that the same for any player??
Why single Shaw out for that? Which players could this not also apply to??
Because Shaw has had a very stop/start career with us post big injury and has had numerous niggly injuries, don’t get me wrong I like Shaw and I’d LOVE for him to fulfil his potential and go on to be a world class left back but I don’t see someone as on top of things as Jose putting all his eggs in one basket in Shaw so can see us bringing in a left back and in reality there’s nothing wrong with having quality in depth.

Cathy Ferguson

A pacy and energetic CM. Fabinho? Seri? Or maybe both since Fabinho can also play RB?

A back-up striker to Lukaku, unless Mou thinks Rashford is ready, which I doubt. No clue who it might be.

A RB or a LB or both if we can afford it. Shaw has improved a lot but does not offer much going forward. Can Valencia last another season? Is TFM ready?

Devil may care

I don't see a marquee signing happening now we got Sanchez, so with only 2 coming in that leaves us a good €100M tp spend on a top class #8, we can test Juve's resolve for Pjanic, or see if Real fancy some money towards their Hazard and Kane pursuit.

Wow, so many people here wishing for us to sign so many players, do people not wish to see Mensah, Tuzanbe, McTominay, Gomes, and Rashford get more games with us next season??
Rashford has played in every game this season and I think Tuanzebe has huge potential, it's going take a CB to be sold for him to get in though. Gomes is only 17, he needs a lot more time, and the other 2 I'm not convinced about.

Fraud

Even if Kroos isn't playing very well lately, he isn't going anywhere. That's ridiculous. Almost everyone else could leave, but not Toni. Who has more value than him? Isco? Maybe. No one else.

meamth

Stop it about Kane. I guess that he is that one transfer when we need him to fell out of love for Spurs.

The only way to sign Kane is to win the premier league for 3 years straight and Spurs to do Arsenal MKII.

Because that will be the moment when he stop signing contract extension and hold the club to ransom,.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Athletico got Griezmann from Real Sociedad as a 21 year old who just scored 16 goals in La Liga for 30m Euros. Athletico's scouts saw a talent and got a good deal on him. Can our scouts please do that same and earn their pay cheque rather than us just going out and paying 100m for the hottest talent? I miss the days of players developing and making their name at United. So let's go find a "new Griezmann" rather than splashing that kind of cash on a player that isn't worth anywhere near what his transfer fee will be...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This isn't happening lol, people need to stop with this. We bought Lukaku and even if Kane was available, all the top teams in Europe would be in for him, Levy would sell outside of England, as he always does with his star players.
I don't think that Kane will come here, but not because Levy wouldn't sell to us. We bought Berbatrov and Carrick from them when he didn't want to sell. I just don't think Kane would push for a move to United. He's a Spurs fan. The only way I see him leaving Tottenham is to Real Madrid. I'd love to see him at United but a part of me would also love to see him retire a Spurs player and break Shearer's record. Gotta have respect for a one club guy...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Athletico got Griezmann from Real Sociedad as a 21 year old who just scored 16 goals in La Liga for 30m Euros. Athletico's scouts saw a talent and got a good deal on him. Can our scouts please do that same and earn their pay cheque rather than us just going out and paying 100m for the hottest talent? I miss the days of players developing and making their name at United. So let's go find a "new Griezmann" rather than splashing that kind of cash on a player that isn't worth anywhere near what his transfer fee will be...
Maybe our scouts have already identified the next batch of potential top class talent in Chong, Traore, O'Connor and Puigmal..

Denis79

We still have some work to do, I can't see this squad matching Mourinhos ambitions. Just my opinion though. Not saying we're bad, far from it, just not at the level to compete on every front.

Sanche7

Wilshere (free)
Vidal (free)
Fabinho £60million
Sessegnon £40million
Bale £100million
How would we get Vidal for free? He has contract till 30.06.2019 according to transfer market
Fabinho won't cost 60 mill, he's having a relatively poor season,and he's pushing for a move. Bakayoko went for 40 mill, expect Fabinho to go for the same.
Bale for 100 mill? Why not buy Dybala for 140 mill

Himannv

I reckon the signings will be a left footed right winger, a young central midfielder with potential and a young right back. Of these I'm not sure who will be considered the "big signing" but I'm willing to guess it will be the winger type. Not really sure who it will be, but I'm guessing Bale.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
GK: DDG (hopefully)

DR: Valencia, Ricardo Periera
DC: Bailly, Smalling
DC: Jones, Lindelof
DL: Shaw, Tierney

DM: Matic, TFM, Mctominay
Regista: Jorginho, Herrera
AM: Pogba, Mata, Periera

RW: Sanchez, Lingard
LW: Martial, Young, Sessegnon

STK: Lukaku, Rashford.

ManuMou

With the arrival of Sanchez I don't think we wil need Dybala/Griez. Too exp.

In terms of priority, I think we need to strengthen or backup
1. CM
2. RB
3. LB if Shaw is bad

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Vidal (to replace Fellaini) would be relatively inexpensive as he's in the last year of his contract.

Fabinho to take up a role as Valencia's backup.

Ozil or Bale would be my guess to be the next galactico signing. (Hopefully not at De Gea's expense for the latter.)

Thelyonking1

The optimism in this thread, lol.

• We will never get Kane even if we threw 200m at Spurs, which we won't.
  • Dybala looks less likely now with the arrival of Sanchez, however still a tiny tiny possibility.
  • Ozil could happen if he doesn't sign a new contract with Arsenal in the next coming weeks
I think we need to invest in our defence and midfield; we need another RB and potentially another LB.
I would prefer to splash out on a developed, experienced, godlike CB, since I believe Smalling and Jones are not world class and I notice alot of mistakes from them. We need to try recreate Ferdinand and Vidic :rolleyes:. I'm not even going to waste characters talking about Lindelof.

Not sure who to suggest for CM/CDM but Matic needs some help in there.
Completely agree with this. Alderweirald would be ideal! We need some seniority at CB and someone world class. He fits the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

minoo-utd

Who we actually need? L.B and C.M as priorities? If DDG leaves then we'll need a very good replacement too!
If Ibra leaves also will we sign a replacement? I think we need a top C.M plays behind Matic and give Pogba the space he likes.

lemmiwink

I think we should focus on the future, and should therefor buy talented youngsters that can develop into proper superstars.

Players like Sessegnon, Pulisic or Masel Bugduv would be ideal.

TheRedHearted

Martial Lukaku
Ronaldo Sanchez
Pogba Lingard
Matic
Bially Jones Lindelof
(3-1-2-2-2) as crazy as it sounds. Does anyone have a fancy website that would show this properly so i can print it out and hang it up?

Or we stick Sanchez on the left and buy Pulisic.
Any questions?