Who will be United's big signing this summer?

redNATION

It’s between Dybala, Greizman and Bale. They’re the star players who can improve the team and are ‘available’. I really hope it’s not Bale, that would be giving Real an easy way out.

dogwithabone

I'm hoping our signings are 3 or 4 kids who fill needs that are best in the world for their age around the 19-22 bracket. Will come cheaper and will help us build for the future. I don't care if we aren't immediately dominating. As long as we have a plan for the future that guarantees we are contending in a couple of years time for a decade.

Reality isn’t like that I’m afraid.

It’s completely unrealistic to believe that we could recruit now with the intention to be successful in two or three years time. For starters the manager would probably be out of a job and even the most loyal of fans isn’t going to tolerate two winless years while City are running riot.

Womp

idiot
Reality isn’t like that I’m afraid.

It’s completely unrealistic to believe that we could recruit now with the intention to be successful in two or three years time. For starters the manager would probably be out of a job and even the most loyal of fans isn’t going to tolerate two winless years while City are running riot.
Basically this - not to add the fact that the kids who are amongst the best in the world for their age go for just as much, if not more than established players these days anyway.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, in terms of names, I can only really see Dybala, Griezmann, Özil and Bale. I am still kinda hopeful we go for Saul and use a midfield 3 with him, Pogba and Matic.
Not really on the Ozil train but if we can’t get a high profile name like Dybala or Griezman then sure snap him up.(would prefer Dybala over Griezman)

However on Saul. I’m with you on that one. Wanted him for ages, think he’d fit in perfectly in our midfield although he has just signed a 9yr contract the buyout is reported to be €150.

Womp

idiot
Not really on the Ozil train but if we can’t get a high profile name like Dybala or Griezman then sure snap him up.(would prefer Dybala over Griezman)

However on Saul. I’m with you on that one. Wanted him for ages, think he’d fit in perfectly in our midfield although he has just signed a 9yr contract the buyout is reported to be €150.
Christ

Mihai92

If Griezmann comes, where is he gonna play? Clearly he won't play as the CF/ST, since there is Lukaku. He will be either a CAM or RW, which I don’t think suits him very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'm hoping our signings are 3 or 4 kids who fill needs that are best in the world for their age around the 19-22 bracket. Will come cheaper and will help us build for the future. I don't care if we aren't immediately dominating. As long as we have a plan for the future that guarantees we are contending in a couple of years time for a decade.
I think this could be the smarter move. City look very strong and if you think about what’s required to get ahead of them I think the cost would be prohibitive. Might be better to target the future and be well set up for that than throw money at the current team but not enough to do more than keep 2nd spot anyway.

kr0nix

The odds on Dybala coming here are extremely slim. Has he expressed an interest in playing in England or the Premier League, ever? It'll be Madrid, Barca or PSG for him.

Un4givableB

I wouldn't mind Bale at the right price,him & Sanchez are about the the same age & on his day he's a better player.

Womp

idiot
If Griezmann comes, where is he gonna play? Clearly he won't play as the CF/ST, since there is Lukaku. He will be either a CAM or RW, which I don’t think suits him very well.
He will play Lingard's role, which is exactly what suits Griezmann

Enigma_87

You know who
to those saying Kane - why would we sign another 100m+ striker after we just had one big summer signing for that position in Lukaku?

4-4-2 is one formation Jose is unlikely to play, ever...

Enigma_87

You know who
Both him and Dybala would play as a SS in 4-2-3-1.

Hope it's either of them as our big signing.

padzilla

Hipster
Knowing us we will be linked with Griezmann all summer and sign Andros Townsend instead.

Chillosophy

I wouldn't mind Bale at the right price,him & Sanchez are about the the same age & on his day he's a better player.
He's already turned down United though and is somewhat injury prone. Sanchez would be cheaper as well I guess? I love his grit when playing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think we'll go for one experienced centre back, one centre mid and one game changing wide attacker. Something along the lines of Bonucci, Savic and Dybala.

We have a fair amount of centre backs but not much quality besides Bailly. Lindelof and Jones will stay but the former is learning the game and Jones has fitness issues. Smalling could be allowed to leave, and with Milan still being shit we could perhaps convince Bonucci to join us.

A Herrera replacement should be the target for midfield. Savic would be ideal.

Dybala the marquee signing to play off the right.

Full back will be sorted by Shaw returning, Valencia continuing to be a beast, as well as Tuanzebe and Mensah being promoted.

Trizy

We'll sign Harry Kane. Probably for the same money as Dybala, but Kane would improved us more.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They're not going to sign Kane or any other big money striker so soon after buying Lukaku.

I wouldn't touch Bale with a barge-pole, so hopefully not him.

pacifictheme

The problem with signing kids is that you need really established pros to bring them through. City have silva, aguero and kompany (even de bruyne) to help jesus and sane, for example. If you fill your team with young players no one will lead thrm.

I would rather spread the money about a bit, over spending most of it on one player.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Dybala would be the absolute dream, but won’t happen. Especially not for less than a world record fee, probably.

James Peril

Some very silly suggestions here. We have Lukaku, we won’t get Kane. Mourinho would never admit failure by selling Lukaku, and we can’t have both. Kroos? Come on, why would Real Madrid want to sell him and why would he want to leave? No player wants to go from Madrid to Manchester if you are playing every game - and wages wouldn’t make a difference.

I want young-ish and/or exceptional talent. Not sure about Weigl, I hate those injuries - you just never know. Pulisic seems very good and has that instinct and attitude. Not so sure on Dybala given the insane price it would take. Doesn’t score tons of goals, seems moody, drifts out of games, pretty slow.... that being said; Juventus play a boring type of football.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Harry Kane please. I dont give a feck how much he will cost, he is Man Utd material 100%.

RedStrudel76

I reckon United are nailed on to sign Bale this summer. This as as much certainty as any transfer ever.

Doing Madrid a favour as Zidane needs to sell to buy.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Some very silly suggestions here. We have Lukaku, we won’t get Kane. Mourinho would never admit failure by selling Lukaku, and we can’t have both. Kroos? Come on, why would Real Madrid want to sell him and why would he want to leave? No player wants to go from Madrid to Manchester if you are playing every game - and wages wouldn’t make a difference.

I want young-ish and/or exceptional talent. Not sure about Weigl, I hate those injuries - you just never know. Pulisic seems very good and has that instinct and attitude. Not so sure on Dybala given the insane price it would take. Doesn’t score tons of goals, seems moody, drifts out of games, pretty slow.... that being said; Juventus play a boring type of football.

Sell Lukaku and help fund Kane. I m sure some Chinese club will see value and pay double of what we paid.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Very worried we'll go for Bale.
Same. I've no doubt he's still absolutely quality fully fit but he's just ridiculously injury prone and only getting older. We should stay well clear.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So we’ve got penny pinching owners who will do no risk assessment and splash out on a player who will spend most of his time in the medical wing?